Pet Mod Missing Links (Flavor Slates)

:sm/slowking:
Pokémon: Slowking
Link: Mega Evolution
Name of the Mega: Mega Slowking
Name of the Mega Stone: Slowkinite
Type:

Ability: Optimize - Neuroforce clone
Stats: 95 / 75 / 80 / 155 (+55) / 155 (+45) / 30 (490 BST)
Added Moves: Miracle Eye, Hypnosis, Dragon Pulse, Dazzling Gleam, Dark Pulse
Weight: 120 kg
Flavor/Design (Optional): Upon Mega Evolving, the Shellder on Slowking's head completely envelopes it from above, leaving only Slowking's feet, tail, and arms visible through holes in the shell. The Shellder's Psychic powers have grown so powerful that it now has completely control over Slowking's actions. In return, however, Slowking's effective IQ has skyrocketed, the Shellder allows it to get past its newfound blindness, and it provides a sturdy defense against special moves. Despite being a shell, the Shellder's defenses are much more similar to that of a forcefield rather than a typical shell, like Slowbro's. Not to mention, the increased brain power increases the potency of Slowking's special attacks as well.
Competitive Overview (Optional): It only increases two stats like Slowbro's Mega, but in Slowking's case, it has a much more offensively-focused stat boost that gives its Hydro Pumps, Psychics, Future Sights, and boundless coverage much more of a punch, made even more threatening thanks to a passive Expert Belt thanks to Optimize. Plus, 95/155 special bulk is absolutely insane, making Mega Slowking a threatening tank

:sm/mankey::sm/primeape:
Pokémon: Mankey
Link: Regional Form
New Regional Form Name: Mankey-Alola
Type:

Abilities: Vital Spirit / Analytic / Competitive
Stats: 40 / 30 / 35 / 85 / 45 / 70 (Atk and SpA swapped, -5 Atk, +5 SpA) (305 BST)
Added Moves: Agility, Amnesia, Calm Mind, Confusion, Expanding Force, Heal Pulse, Hypnosis, Imprison, Light Screen, Magic Coat, Mirror Coat, Miracle Eye, Psybeam, Psychic, Psyshock, Psycho Cut, Reflect, Skill Swap, Stored Power, Trick, Zen Headbutt, Dazzling Gleam, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, Hyper Voice, Mystical Fire, Laser Focus, Coaching
Removed Moves: Bulk Up, Close Combat, Cross Chop, Focus Blast, Gunk Shot, Hone Claws, Low Kick, Night Slash, Outrage, Poison Jab, Power-Up Punch, Pursuit, Rock Slide, Beat Up, Counter, Dual Chop, Fury Swipes, Karate Chop, Low Sweep, Payback, Retaliate, Revenge, Reversal, Rock Tomb, Smack Down, Stomping Tantrum, Submission, Work Up, Dynamic Punch, Curse, Iron Tail
Weight: 26 kg
Flavor/Design (Optional): Residing in the Lush Jungle, Mankeys in Alola evolved out of their always angry and violent state to a more peaceful and logical existence after noticing how rowdy Passimians could get during their games in the jungle. Noticing how competitive these games got, with emotions boiling over to the point where a Kantonian Primeape would be concerned, Mankeys took it upon themselves to become the voice of reason during these Passimian games, acting as a sort of referee. Over time, as Mankeys needed to find a way to exert authority over the bigger and stronger Passimians and needed a higher brain capacity to understand and enforce rules, Mankeys became a lot calmer and a lot smarter. With their calm demeanor, jungle games became a lot more peaceful, though a riled up Mankey is still capable of an outburst, making Passimians think twice about complaining about an officiating error
Competitive Overview (Optional): It very high Special Attack by LC standards coupled with a pretty good speed tier and great coverage in Overheat, Energy Ball, Thunderbolt, and Shadow Ball, not to mention 2 great abilities, but Mankey would likely see no use since it directly competes with the faster and stronger Abra and Pontya-Galar. Its only niche is in the form of its worst ability, Vital Spirit, that lets it switch into Foongus somewhat safely, but rare Overcoat Vullaby sets are much better at this

Pokémon: Primeape
New Regional Form Name: Primeape-Alola
Type:

Stats: 65 / 55 / 60 / 110 / 70 / 95 (Atk and SpA swapped, -5 Atk, +5 SpA) (455 BST)
Added Moves: Agility, Amnesia, Calm Mind, Confusion, Expanding Force, Heal Pulse, Hypnosis, Imprison, Light Screen, Magic Coat, Mirror Coat, Miracle Eye, Psybeam, Psychic, Psyshock, Psycho Cut, Reflect, Skill Swap, Stored Power, Trick, Zen Headbutt, Dazzling Gleam, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, Grass Whistle, Hyper Voice, Mystical Fire, Laser Focus, Mind Reader, Trick Room, Grass Whistle, Coaching, Nasty Plot, Focus Blast (Primeape does learn this, but Mankey-Alola doesn't)
Removed Moves: Bulk Up, Close Combat, Cross Chop, Gunk Shot, Hone Claws, Low Kick, Night Slash, Outrage, Poison Jab, Power-Up Punch, Pursuit, Rock Slide, Beat Up, Counter, Dual Chop, Fury Swipes, Karate Chop, Low Sweep, Payback, Retaliate, Revenge, Reversal, Rock Tomb, Smack Down, Stomping Tantrum, Submission, Work Up, Dynamic Punch, Curse, Stone Edge, Iron Tail
Weight: 30 kg
Flavor/Design (Optional): Alolan Primeapes are the premier referees of jungle games between groups of Passimians, using their high IQ to learn and enforce the rules of the Passimian's past times, making sure they all go smoothly. Studies say that Alolan Primeape not only have a photographic memory but can also see plays happening in real time in slow motion, giving a near flawless ability to make the right calls, so much so that Battle Royal and other sports leagues have begone using them as referees, much to the chagrin of human referees. Alolan Primeapes always carry around a makeshift whistle made from leaves they use to officiate.
Competitive Overview (Optional): Alolan Primeape is a wallbreaker through-and-through, with good 110 Special Attack and either Analytic to make switching into it a challenge or Competitive to punish Defog attempts, plus a good amount of coverage with Focus Blast, Overheat, Thunderbolt, Energy Ball, and Shadow Ball, you have to be on your toes once Alolan Primeape makes its way onto the field. Plus, there's even gimmicky shenanigans like Z-Grass Whistle + Nasty Plot to attempt a sweep

:sm/dustox:
Pokémon: Dustox
Link: Base Stat Total Change
Stats: 65 / 50 / 80 (+10) / 50 / 90 / 65 (395 BST)
Justification: Y'know, for being the more defensive of the two Wurmple final evos, 65/70 physical bulk is pretty pathetic, even if it's supposed to mirror Beautifly's equally pathetic 70 Attack, so 80 Defense gives it slightly better mixed defenses. Like everyone else has said though, +10 BST isn't gonna change much for Dustox

Ugh. I missed voting due in part to continued computer problems, which is always fun and makes me feel a bit bad about winning. Congrats to the other winners, especially since I'm unsure how much longer these issues will continue.

Anyway, going to submit two more this time since Dustox is, uh, pretty doomed still right now and since the only changes I would have made have once again already been done:

Name of the Mega: Slowking-Mega
Type:
/

Ability: Comatose
Stats: 095 HP / 075 Atk / 95 Def / 135 SpA / 125 SpD / 065 Spe (+00 HP / +00 Atk / +15 Def / +35 SpA / +15 SpD / +35 Spe)
Added Moves: Eerie Spell
Weight: 185.4 lbs | 84.1 kg [base Slowking's weight: 175.3 lbs | 79.5 kg]
Flavor/Design: Pokémon Sun: "The majority of Mega Evolution's energy has gone into the Shellder atop Slowking's head, rendering Slowking unconscious as Shellder puppeteers its body."
Pokémon Moon: "Despite being put into an eternal sleep by the now active Shellder atop its head, the two still have a symbiotic relationship that strengthens Slowking's psychic powers."
Pokémon Ultra Sun: "This pokemon never wakes up while Mega Evolution is active, not even if the Shellder on its head also falls asleep."
Pokémon Ultra Moon: "The rare times that Shellder also falls asleep, Slowking can be heard muttering an eerie, incomprehensible chant while still unconscious and sleepwalking."

Even without the other entries so far, I wanted to go in a very different direction than just "Slowbro-Mega, but for SpD". That's valid, of course, but I figured at least one other person would do that, and I wanted to try to think of whether there was a way to balance a Mega around as good as an ability as Comatose is. After like two or three days of vaguely considering it alongside another ability, I think I've gotten it to a fair enough place, even if it had to be done by "throwing away" 35 of the Mega points into Speed.

The distribution of the Mega stats as well as the additional weight are all based upon Shellder essentially "waking up" and thus causing Slowking's body to become more like Shellder as it chooses to stay anyway & just take over. So basically this is mid-way between base Slowking and Slowking-Galar without becoming Poison, and with Shellder itself growing a bit more and becoming more Psychic instead while Slowking goes to bed "forever". There might be some psychic aura around its unconscious head and eye-holes for its unseeing eyes in addition to Shellder's own eyes. Shrug.

Finally, its SpA is 135 solely because it seems a bit...odd for this Slowking-Mega to not be slightly stronger than Slowbro-Mega on that point, especially with far less defense.

Competitive Overview: In theory, Comatose makes this the ideal set-up mon...as long as you don't get statused beforehand since apparently gaining Comatose doesn't cure status. Also, despite somehow still being worse than Magic Guard overall, you at least don't have to worry about Freeze or Paralysis or Sleep, three of the few things that cripple even the brokenness of Magic Guard. So that's something at least. Just keep it the hell away from Hex since, unlike Komala, not only are you not immune to Ghost, but you're already weak to it and you're still technically statused.

Despite having dumped a third of the Mega boost into Speed to still reach an unimpressive 65 base speed, you're at least naturally faster than both Blissey and Chansey, meaning it's easier for you to Psyshock them into oblivion like that they deserve. It would be a bit ironic if that "dump stat" is what pushed this over the edge.

Type:
/

Abilities: Gluttony / Swift Swim / Defiant (hidden ability)
Stats: 045 HP / 085 Atk / 040 Def / 030 SpA / 040 SpD / 065 Spe [= 305 BST]
Added Moves: Bullet Seed, Flip Turn, Gastro Acid, Giga Drain, Grass Knot, Grassy Glide, Grassy Terrain, Iron Head, Leech Seed, Knock Off, Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, Solar Beam, Trop Kick
Removed Moves: Cross Chop, Dual Chop, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Iron Tail, Night Slash, Outrage, Overheat, Power Trip, Punishment
Weight: 72.8 lbs | 33.0 kg [the same weight as Persian-Alola; base Mankey's weight: 61.7 lbs | 28.0 kg]
Flavor/Design: Pokémon Sun: "It is thought that Mankey originally came to Alola by swimming under its own power. This would explain why such a rotund, lazy Grass type is still a great swimmer."
Pokémon Moon: "Mankey in Alola have had their body change to become more plant-like due to how much they voraciously eat berries, fruit, and other plants, even poisonous ones."
Pokémon Ultra Sun: "It is relatively laid-back and lazy unlike its Kanto counterpart and so is concerned more with eating, sunbathing, and swimming than looking for a fight."
Pokémon Ultra Moon: "Despite the fact that it is normally docile as long as it's been well-fed, if pushed this version of Mankey still has a fury capable of easily felling palm trees."

I was originally going to aim to make this a Water/Fighting type given the initial flavor focus for me was always to build around Swift Swim after verifying that neither monkeys nor pigs are native to Hawaii. After much thought, however, I figured it would just end up having the same potential problem that the Poochyena-Galar variants had in that case, only worse since Poliwrath, its main point of comparison, also already had Swift Swim. So this would be doomed to either obviate that or, worse, be obviated by it. It was even worse, honestly, given the other, faster still physically oriented Swift Swimmers that exists like Floatzel and especially Barraskewda.

So I pivoted pretty hard here while still keeping to "I want a Swift Swimmer even though I swear all of my variant submissions won't be based around weather" idea and made it into a Grass/Poison mon. This was in part due to learning that feral pigs of Hawaii are known for devastating flora and in part due to wanting to keep at least one weakness in common with Mankey's original type of Fighting given that Game Freak seems to have done for all of the Meowth variants so far & Normal's weakness to Fighting; I'm unsure if that was intentional on Game Freak's part, but it was still something I considered. (I was originally just going to have this only be Grass, but Grassy Surge Rillaboom exists, so...; becoming part-Poison incidentally keeps Fighting's Psychic weakness anyway.)

Anyway, I imagine this would essentially just a green, fluffier, and fatter Mankey with either a shorter tail or basically no prehensile tail at all, instead having just a fluffy, cottony stump like a mossy puffball. That's part of why it lost Iron Tail. For the most part, the move changes and additions speak for themselves, with me trying to actually keep them somewhat equivalent this time, though I effectively am counting Grassy Terrain, Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, and Solar Beam as "free" due to both typing and TMs/TRs. Thankfully regular Mankey & Primeape already had Poison Jab and Gunk Shot.

Competitive Overview: I still know nothing about Little Cup, but I can't imagine that weather is very big there. So if this version of Mankey has any merit there, then I imagine it would just due to being a physically attacking Grass/Poison type with 85 base Attack and the potential to use Defiant. Shrug. (If what I just learned after posting this, that apparently Grookey is top tier in Little Cup, then I guess this might be rather good indeed.)

Pokémon: Mankey-Alola
Link: Evolution
New Evolution Name: Primeape-Alola
Type:
/

Abilities: Long Reach / Swift Swim / Defiant (hidden ability)
Stats: 070 HP / 115 Atk / 070 Def / 050 SpA / 060 SpD / 090 Spe [= 455 BST]
Added Moves: Power Whip, Synthesis, Toxic Spikes, Waterfall
Weight: 99.6 lbs | 45.2 kg [average of Gengar and Hitmonlee's weight...why is Gengar so relatively heavy for a shadowy ghost?; base Primeape's weight: 70.5 lbs. | 32.0 kg]
Flavor/Design: Pokémon Sun: "Evolution has made it even more plant-like, as seen by its vine-like, stretchy arms. This change has also greatly lessened its need to eat food, which is what makes it so lean."
Pokémon Moon: "Unlike the Primeapes of Kanto, this Pokémon is completely mellow at all times if it's not in battle unless it sees a child or another innocent being attacked."
Pokémon Ultra Sun: "Due to being even more like a plant now, the Primeape of Alola like to sunbath as well as be by the water. As such, they are most frequently found on Alola's many beaches."
Pokémon Ultra Moon: "Its vine-like, stretchy arms are capable of stretching as far as 10 meters and have made it an even better swimmer. Its more plant-like body also means it can now breathe underwater."

It's a bit funny that has the flavor of this has so much in common with Breloom and Hitmonlee when it's no longer part-Fighting like my initial variant was and the original version is. There's not really much else to say about its flavor that wasn't said already above, so I guess I'll just talk about its appearance and then its additional moves.

As far as appearance goes, it's basically a pig-monkey version of Piccolo from Dragon Ball Z I guess, only with green fur and with technical nudity outside of those weird, random shackles Primeape has for no reason. Speaking of which, those "shackles" would be bramble-like growths with small thorns on this Primeape-Alola, meaning they could have at least have a logical reason to be here.

As far as the additional moves gained by evolution go, they mostly speak for themselves. It needed a strong physical Grass move, so it got Power Whip (without needing to get Vine Whip). It's "even more plant-like now", so it gets Synthesis even though in-battle this Primeape-Alola would obviously work best in Rain...where Synthesis doesn't. It gets Toxic Spikes due to the aforementioned brambles and to make more use of its Poison-typing. And it gets Waterfall mostly because it's so good at swimming and because that's the easiest strong Water move to give to a non-Water mon, especially one that obviously wants to abuse Rain. (I also gave it Waterfall before I let it also get Flip Turn despite my despising Flip Turn, so I would prefer to keep Waterfall over Flip Turn if forced.)

Competitive Overview: Speaking of Rain, this Primeape-Alola obviously works best in that and wants to be on a Rain team to take advantage of its unique niche as the only Grass/Poison mon with Swift Swim as well as the fastest non-Water physical attacker in Rain. This Primeape-Alola also helps give Rain teams another valid Grass option besides basically just Ferrothorn and maybe Ludicolo. It's obviously not as sturdy defensively as Ferrothorn or capable as attacking on the special side as Ludicolo, but its typing allows it both to absorb Toxic Spikes naturally and to be more difficult to be revenged by Rillaboom, which it can OHKO back with its STAB Gunk Shot (or Life Orb STAB Poison Jab). This Primeape-Alola also has two pivoting moves unlike the combined zero that both other Toxic Spikes Swift Swimmers--Omastar and Qwilfish--as well as Ferrothorn and Ludicolo have. Finally, as far as Rain goes, it's the fastest Swift Swimmer with access to Knock Off (which is weird since I thought Floatzel learned that at least).

That said, while it functions best in Rain, this Primeape-Alola's other two non-Rain abilities are perfectly usable. Defiant obvious gets triggered by one of the most common--still the most common?--mon in OU as well as dissuading Defogging away its Toxic Spikes, and Long Reach gets around Rocky Helmet, which can be great when using Knock Off and Life Orb in general. So that is a legitimate chance for it to be used outside of Rain teams, even if it's maybe only just it being obnoxious with Choice Scarf as a mon with two pivots, natural absorption of Toxic Spikes, Knock Off, and quad-resistance to the dreaded Rillaboom Grassy Glide despite its own mediocre-at-best bulk.

Last edited:
:dustox:
Stats: 65 (+5) / 50 / 75 (+5) / 60 / 90 / 65
Justification: Dustox is supposed to have mixed defenses, but it sucks. Wanted to add +10 to Sp. Def to mirror Beautifly but someone else already did it.

Last edited:
Stats: 70 / 50 / 70 / 60 / 100 (+10) / 65
Justification: Mirroring Beautifly's stat increase by adding +10 points to its highest stat.
Welcome to Missing Links! I'm glad that you have shown interest in Missing Links, but there are a couple problems with this sub.

Firstly, Dustox's HP is actually 60, so you've actually added 20 to its BST instead of the 10 allowed. Secondly, there have already been subs that add +10 to HP and +10 to Special Defense, so you can't sub the exact same thing, so you'll have to change where you add the +10.
If it helps, there's no where in the rules that states that you have to add in multiples of 10 or to just one stat, just as long as you end up with 395 BST without lowering any stats, so this should give you some more freedom!

Welcome to Missing Links! I'm glad that you have shown interest in Missing Links, but there are a couple problems with this sub.

Firstly, Dustox's HP is actually 60, so you've actually added 20 to its BST instead of the 10 allowed. Secondly, there have already been subs that add +10 to HP and +10 to Special Defense, so you can't sub the exact same thing, so you'll have to change where you add the +10.
If it helps, there's no where in the rules that states that you have to add in multiples of 10 or to just one stat, just as long as you end up with 395 BST without lowering any stats, so this should give you some more freedom!
Thanks for pointing it out.

Voting has started!

Voting will follow a weighted-points system, where you vote for up to 3 submissions in each category. Each sub you vote for earns a certain number of points depending on their position. The submission with the most points wins that category. You can vote yourself, but never as your most preferred option

Example -
If you vote for 3 things -
Slowking: Most preferred option (gets 3 points), Second most preferred option (gets 2 points), 3rd most preferred option (gets 1 point)

If you vote for 2 things -
Slowking: Most preferred option (gets 2 points), Second most preferred option (gets 1 points)

If you vote for 1 thing -
Slowking: Most preferred option (gets 1 point)

Voting Options
:ss/slowking:
Mega Slowking
Type:
Water/Psychic
Ability: Analytic
Stats: 95/75/100/150/140/30 (Total: 590)
New Moves: None for now

Flavor Description: Since slowking is known for being incredibly smart, analytic was the logical ability to give mega slowking. Design wise, the spiny ruff turns into a cape, and the shellder will now enlarge to look like a conch.

Competitive Description: Slowking is already a good pokemon, but begs the question, "Would i really want to use the mega over the base?" Anyways, Mega Slowking with a great 150 special attack and set up with nasty plot and analytic can hit like a truck. Sadly, the loss of Regenerator and Heavy Duty boots does hinder it, so you are gonna have to be careful on controlling it. Even though Regular Slowking might still outclass the mega, if you use Mega Slowking correctly, it will certainly give you a W.
:slowking:
Name of the Mega Stone: Slowkingnite
Type:

Ability: Oblivious | Own Tempo (Regenerator) --> Shell Armor
Stats: 95 | 75 | 80 | 100 | 110 | 30 --> 90| 75 | 80 | 130 (+30) | 180 (+70) | 30 (BST: 590)
Added Moves: -NIL-
Weight: 131.0kg
Flavor/Design (Optional): WIP!
Competitive Overview (Optional):
Basically identical to Slowbro, but specially defensive instead.
:sm/slowking:
Type:

Ability: Optimize - Neuroforce clone
Stats: 95 / 75 / 80 / 155 (+55) / 155 (+45) / 30 (490 BST)
Added Moves: Miracle Eye, Hypnosis, Dragon Pulse, Dazzling Gleam, Dark Pulse
Weight: 120 kg
Flavor/Design (Optional): Upon Mega Evolving, the Shellder on Slowking's head completely envelopes it from above, leaving only Slowking's feet, tail, and arms visible through holes in the shell. The Shellder's Psychic powers have grown so powerful that it now has completely control over Slowking's actions. In return, however, Slowking's effective IQ has skyrocketed, the Shellder allows it to get past its newfound blindness, and it provides a sturdy defense against special moves. Despite being a shell, the Shellder's defenses are much more similar to that of a forcefield rather than a typical shell, like Slowbro's. Not to mention, the increased brain power increases the potency of Slowking's special attacks as well.
Competitive Overview (Optional): It only increases two stats like Slowbro's Mega, but in Slowking's case, it has a much more offensively-focused stat boost that gives its Hydro Pumps, Psychics, Future Sights, and boundless coverage much more of a punch, made even more threatening thanks to a passive Expert Belt thanks to Optimize. Plus, 95/155 special bulk is absolutely insane, making Mega Slowking a threatening tank

Name of the Mega: Slowking-Mega
Type:
/

Ability: Comatose
Stats: 095 HP / 075 Atk / 95 Def / 135 SpA / 125 SpD / 065 Spe (+00 HP / +00 Atk / +15 Def / +35 SpA / +15 SpD / +35 Spe)
Added Moves: Eerie Spell
Weight: 185.4 lbs | 84.1 kg [base Slowking's weight: 175.3 lbs | 79.5 kg]
Flavor/Design: Pokémon Sun: "The majority of Mega Evolution's energy has gone into the Shellder atop Slowking's head, rendering Slowking unconscious as Shellder puppeteers its body."
Pokémon Moon: "Despite being put into an eternal sleep by the now active Shellder atop its head, the two still have a symbiotic relationship that strengthens Slowking's psychic powers."
Pokémon Ultra Sun: "This pokemon never wakes up while Mega Evolution is active, not even if the Shellder on its head also falls asleep."
Pokémon Ultra Moon: "The rare times that Shellder also falls asleep, Slowking can be heard muttering an eerie, incomprehensible chant while still unconscious and sleepwalking."

Even without the other entries so far, I wanted to go in a very different direction than just "Slowbro-Mega, but for SpD". That's valid, of course, but I figured at least one other person would do that, and I wanted to try to think of whether there was a way to balance a Mega around as good as an ability as Comatose is. After like two or three days of vaguely considering it alongside another ability, I think I've gotten it to a fair enough place, even if it had to be done by "throwing away" 35 of the Mega points into Speed.

The distribution of the Mega stats as well as the additional weight are all based upon Shellder essentially "waking up" and thus causing Slowking's body to become more like Shellder as it chooses to stay anyway & just take over. So basically this is mid-way between base Slowking and Slowking-Galar without becoming Poison, and with Shellder itself growing a bit more and becoming more Psychic instead while Slowking goes to bed "forever". There might be some psychic aura around its unconscious head and eye-holes for its unseeing eyes in addition to Shellder's own eyes. Shrug.

Finally, its SpA is 135 solely because it seems a bit...odd for this Slowking-Mega to not be slightly stronger than Slowbro-Mega on that point, especially with far less defense.

Competitive Overview: In theory, Comatose makes this the ideal set-up mon...as long as you don't get statused beforehand since apparently gaining Comatose doesn't cure status. Also, despite somehow still being worse than Magic Guard overall, you at least don't have to worry about Freeze or Paralysis or Sleep, three of the few things that cripple even the brokenness of Magic Guard. So that's something at least. Just keep it the hell away from Hex since, unlike Komala, not only are you not immune to Ghost, but you're already weak to it and you're still technically statused.

Despite having dumped a third of the Mega boost into Speed to still reach an unimpressive 65 base speed, you're at least naturally faster than both Blissey and Chansey, meaning it's easier for you to Psyshock them into oblivion like that they deserve. It would be a bit ironic if that "dump stat" is what pushed this over the edge.
:ss/mankey:
Alolan Mankey
Ht:
Same as Mankey
Wt: Same as Primeape
Type: Fighting/Ground
Abilities: Sand Rush ,Dry Skin (Inner Focus)
Stats: 40/80/35/35/45/70 (305 BST) (Indifferent)
Added Moves: Bulldoze, Earth power, Mud Shot, Sandstorm, High Horsepower
Removed Moves: Sunny Day, Thrash, Aerial Ace, Covet, Assurance

Flavor Description: Mankey have adapted to the desert parts of alola. They have also calmed their anger down, and are usually very quiet before striking its prey. They also like to roll in sand. Design wise, i dunno, i guess it can look like a tumbleweed lol

Competitive Description: Use the Evolution

:ss/primeape:
Alolan Primeape
Ht:
Same as Primeape
Wt: Same as Primeape
Type: Fighting/Ground
Abilities: Sand Rush, Dry Skin (Defiant)
Stats: 65/105/70/40/70/105 (Total: 455)

Flavor Description: Same thing but bigger i guess

Competitive Description: Physical Sweeper that has a powerful ability in defiant, which makes it not worry about intimidate. Ground Fighting is also an amazing offensive type, combine that with set up in swords dance, and coverage in stone edge, and you got a recipe for success, basically. You can run dry skin if you want a water immunity too, i guess.
New Regional Form Name: Alolan Mankey
Type:

Abilities: Defiant / Vital Spirit / Gorilla Tactics
Stats: Unchanged
Added Moves: Flare Blitz, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Blaze Kick, Flame Charge, Sky Attack, Peck, Dual Wingbeat
Removed Moves: Close Combat, Cross Chop, Dynamic Punch, Karate Chop, Low Kick, Rock Slide, Rock Tomb, Smack Down,
Weight: Same
Flavor/Design (Optional): Based on the saying, 'when pigs fly'. Its body resembles a cloud.
Competitive Overview (Optional): Probably broken in LC with Gorilla tactics but idk

New Regional Form Name: Alolan Primeape
Type:

Abilities: Defiant / Vital Spirit / Gorilla Tactics
Stats: Unchanged
Added Moves: Flare Blitz, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Blaze Kick, Flame Charge, Sky Attack, Peck, Dual Wingbeat
Removed Moves: Close Combat, Cross Chop, Dynamic Punch, Karate Chop, Low Kick, Rock Slide, Rock Tomb, Smack Down,
Weight: Same
Flavor/Design (Optional): Based on the saying, 'when pigs fly'. Its body resembles a cloud.
Competitive Overview (Optional): OU-level Gorilla Tactics mon. Probably won't be viable with dual CB because it craves HDB with its 4x SR weakness
Type:

Stats: 40 / 30 / 35 / 85 / 45 / 70 (Atk and SpA swapped, -5 Atk, +5 SpA) (305 BST)
Added Moves: Agility, Amnesia, Calm Mind, Confusion, Expanding Force, Heal Pulse, Hypnosis, Imprison, Light Screen, Magic Coat, Mirror Coat, Miracle Eye, Psybeam, Psychic, Psyshock, Psycho Cut, Reflect, Skill Swap, Stored Power, Trick, Zen Headbutt, Dazzling Gleam, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, Hyper Voice, Mystical Fire, Laser Focus, Coaching
Removed Moves: Bulk Up, Close Combat, Cross Chop, Focus Blast, Gunk Shot, Hone Claws, Low Kick, Night Slash, Outrage, Poison Jab, Power-Up Punch, Pursuit, Rock Slide, Beat Up, Counter, Dual Chop, Fury Swipes, Karate Chop, Low Sweep, Payback, Retaliate, Revenge, Reversal, Rock Tomb, Smack Down, Stomping Tantrum, Submission, Work Up, Dynamic Punch, Curse, Iron Tail
Flavor/Design (Optional): Residing in the Lush Jungle, Mankeys in Alola evolved out of their always angry and violent state to a more peaceful and logical existence after noticing how rowdy Passimians could get during their games in the jungle. Noticing how competitive these games got, with emotions boiling over to the point where a Kantonian Primeape would be concerned, Mankeys took it upon themselves to become the voice of reason during these Passimian games, acting as a sort of referee. Over time, as Mankeys needed to find a way to exert authority over the bigger and stronger Passimians and needed a higher brain capacity to understand and enforce rules, Mankeys became a lot calmer and a lot smarter. With their calm demeanor, jungle games became a lot more peaceful, though a riled up Mankey is still capable of an outburst, making Passimians think twice about complaining about an officiating error
Competitive Overview (Optional): It very high Special Attack by LC standards coupled with a pretty good speed tier and great coverage in Overheat, Energy Ball, Thunderbolt, and Shadow Ball, not to mention 2 great abilities, but Mankey would likely see no use since it directly competes with the faster and stronger Abra and Pontya-Galar. Its only niche is in the form of its worst ability, Vital Spirit, that lets it switch into Foongus somewhat safely, but rare Overcoat Vullaby sets are much better at this

Type:

Stats: 65 / 55 / 60 / 110 / 70 / 95 (Atk and SpA swapped, -5 Atk, +5 SpA) (455 BST)
Added Moves: Agility, Amnesia, Calm Mind, Confusion, Expanding Force, Heal Pulse, Hypnosis, Imprison, Light Screen, Magic Coat, Mirror Coat, Miracle Eye, Psybeam, Psychic, Psyshock, Psycho Cut, Reflect, Skill Swap, Stored Power, Trick, Zen Headbutt, Dazzling Gleam, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, Grass Whistle, Hyper Voice, Mystical Fire, Laser Focus, Mind Reader, Trick Room, Grass Whistle, Coaching, Nasty Plot, Focus Blast (Primeape does learn this, but Mankey-Alola doesn't)
Removed Moves: Bulk Up, Close Combat, Cross Chop, Gunk Shot, Hone Claws, Low Kick, Night Slash, Outrage, Poison Jab, Power-Up Punch, Pursuit, Rock Slide, Beat Up, Counter, Dual Chop, Fury Swipes, Karate Chop, Low Sweep, Payback, Retaliate, Revenge, Reversal, Rock Tomb, Smack Down, Stomping Tantrum, Submission, Work Up, Dynamic Punch, Curse, Stone Edge, Iron Tail
Flavor/Design (Optional): Alolan Primeapes are the premier referees of jungle games between groups of Passimians, using their high IQ to learn and enforce the rules of the Passimian's past times, making sure they all go smoothly. Studies say that Alolan Primeape not only have a photographic memory but can also see plays happening in real time in slow motion, giving a near flawless ability to make the right calls, so much so that Battle Royal and other sports leagues have begone using them as referees, much to the chagrin of human referees. Alolan Primeapes always carry around a makeshift whistle made from leaves they use to officiate.
Competitive Overview (Optional): Alolan Primeape is a wallbreaker through-and-through, with good 110 Special Attack and either Analytic to make switching into it a challenge or Competitive to punish Defog attempts, plus a good amount of coverage with Focus Blast, Overheat, Thunderbolt, Energy Ball, and Shadow Ball, you have to be on your toes once Alolan Primeape makes its way onto the field. Plus, there's even gimmicky shenanigans like Z-Grass Whistle + Nasty Plot to attempt a sweep

Type:
/

Abilities: Gluttony / Swift Swim / Defiant (hidden ability)
Stats: 045 HP / 085 Atk / 040 Def / 030 SpA / 040 SpD / 065 Spe [= 305 BST]
Added Moves: Bullet Seed, Flip Turn, Gastro Acid, Giga Drain, Grass Knot, Grassy Glide, Grassy Terrain, Iron Head, Leech Seed, Knock Off, Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, Solar Beam, Trop Kick
Removed Moves: Cross Chop, Dual Chop, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Iron Tail, Night Slash, Outrage, Overheat, Power Trip, Punishment
Weight: 72.8 lbs | 33.0 kg [the same weight as Persian-Alola; base Mankey's weight: 61.7 lbs | 28.0 kg]
Flavor/Design: Pokémon Sun: "It is thought that Mankey originally came to Alola by swimming under its own power. This would explain why such a rotund, lazy Grass type is still a great swimmer."
Pokémon Moon: "Mankey in Alola have had their body change to become more plant-like due to how much they voraciously eat berries, fruit, and other plants, even poisonous ones."
Pokémon Ultra Sun: "It is relatively laid-back and lazy unlike its Kanto counterpart and so is concerned more with eating, sunbathing, and swimming than looking for a fight."
Pokémon Ultra Moon: "Despite the fact that it is normally docile as long as it's been well-fed, if pushed this version of Mankey still has a fury capable of easily felling palm trees."

I was originally going to aim to make this a Water/Fighting type given the initial flavor focus for me was always to build around Swift Swim after verifying that neither monkeys nor pigs are native to Hawaii. After much thought, however, I figured it would just end up having the same potential problem that the Poochyena-Galar variants had in that case, only worse since Poliwrath, its main point of comparison, also already had Swift Swim. So this would be doomed to either obviate that or, worse, be obviated by it. It was even worse, honestly, given the other, faster still physically oriented Swift Swimmers that exists like Floatzel and especially Barraskewda.

So I pivoted pretty hard here while still keeping to "I want a Swift Swimmer even though I swear all of my variant submissions won't be based around weather" idea and made it into a Grass/Poison mon. This was in part due to learning that feral pigs of Hawaii are known for devastating flora and in part due to wanting to keep at least one weakness in common with Mankey's original type of Fighting given that Game Freak seems to have done for all of the Meowth variants so far & Normal's weakness to Fighting; I'm unsure if that was intentional on Game Freak's part, but it was still something I considered. (I was originally just going to have this only be Grass, but Grassy Surge Rillaboom exists, so...; becoming part-Poison incidentally keeps Fighting's Psychic weakness anyway.)

Anyway, I imagine this would essentially just a green, fluffier, and fatter Mankey with either a shorter tail or basically no prehensile tail at all, instead having just a fluffy, cottony stump like a mossy puffball. That's part of why it lost Iron Tail. For the most part, the move changes and additions speak for themselves, with me trying to actually keep them somewhat equivalent this time, though I effectively am counting Grassy Terrain, Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, and Solar Beam as "free" due to both typing and TMs/TRs. Thankfully regular Mankey & Primeape already had Poison Jab and Gunk Shot.

Competitive Overview: I still know nothing about Little Cup, but I can't imagine that weather is very big there. So if this version of Mankey has any merit there, then I imagine it would just due to being a physically attacking Grass/Poison type with 85 base Attack and the potential to use Defiant. Shrug. (If what I just learned after posting this, that apparently Grookey is top tier in Little Cup, then I guess this might be rather good indeed.)

Pokémon: Mankey-Alola
New Evolution Name: Primeape-Alola
Type:
/

Abilities: Long Reach / Swift Swim / Defiant (hidden ability)
Stats: 070 HP / 115 Atk / 070 Def / 050 SpA / 060 SpD / 090 Spe [= 455 BST]
Added Moves: Power Whip, Synthesis, Toxic Spikes, Waterfall
Weight: 99.6 lbs | 45.2 kg [average of Gengar and Hitmonlee's weight...why is Gengar so relatively heavy for a shadowy ghost?; base Primeape's weight: 70.5 lbs. | 32.0 kg]
Flavor/Design: Pokémon Sun: "Evolution has made it even more plant-like, as seen by its vine-like, stretchy arms. This change has also greatly lessened its need to eat food, which is what makes it so lean."
Pokémon Moon: "Unlike the Primeapes of Kanto, this Pokémon is completely mellow at all times if it's not in battle unless it sees a child or another innocent being attacked."
Pokémon Ultra Sun: "Due to being even more like a plant now, the Primeape of Alola like to sunbath as well as be by the water. As such, they are most frequently found on Alola's many beaches."
Pokémon Ultra Moon: "Its vine-like, stretchy arms are capable of stretching as far as 10 meters and have made it an even better swimmer. Its more plant-like body also means it can now breathe underwater."

It's a bit funny that has the flavor of this has so much in common with Breloom and Hitmonlee when it's no longer part-Fighting like my initial variant was and the original version is. There's not really much else to say about its flavor that wasn't said already above, so I guess I'll just talk about its appearance and then its additional moves.

As far as appearance goes, it's basically a pig-monkey version of Piccolo from Dragon Ball Z I guess, only with green fur and with technical nudity outside of those weird, random shackles Primeape has for no reason. Speaking of which, those "shackles" would be bramble-like growths with small thorns on this Primeape-Alola, meaning they could have at least have a logical reason to be here.

As far as the additional moves gained by evolution go, they mostly speak for themselves. It needed a strong physical Grass move, so it got Power Whip (without needing to get Vine Whip). It's "even more plant-like now", so it gets Synthesis even though in-battle this Primeape-Alola would obviously work best in Rain...where Synthesis doesn't. It gets Toxic Spikes due to the aforementioned brambles and to make more use of its Poison-typing. And it gets Waterfall mostly because it's so good at swimming and because that's the easiest strong Water move to give to a non-Water mon, especially one that obviously wants to abuse Rain. (I also gave it Waterfall before I let it also get Flip Turn despite my despising Flip Turn, so I would prefer to keep Waterfall over Flip Turn if forced.)

Competitive Overview: Speaking of Rain, this Primeape-Alola obviously works best in that and wants to be on a Rain team to take advantage of its unique niche as the only Grass/Poison mon with Swift Swim as well as the fastest non-Water physical attacker in Rain. This Primeape-Alola also helps give Rain teams another valid Grass option besides basically just Ferrothorn and maybe Ludicolo. It's obviously not as sturdy defensively as Ferrothorn or capable as attacking on the special side as Ludicolo, but its typing allows it both to absorb Toxic Spikes naturally and to be more difficult to be revenged by Rillaboom, which it can OHKO back with its STAB Gunk Shot (or Life Orb STAB Poison Jab). This Primeape-Alola also has two pivoting moves unlike the combined zero that both other Toxic Spikes Swift Swimmers--Omastar and Qwilfish--as well as Ferrothorn and Ludicolo have. Finally, as far as Rain goes, it's the fastest Swift Swimmer with access to Knock Off (which is weird since I thought Floatzel learned that at least).

That said, while it functions best in Rain, this Primeape-Alola's other two non-Rain abilities are perfectly usable. Defiant obvious gets triggered by one of the most common--still the most common?--mon in OU as well as dissuading Defogging away its Toxic Spikes, and Long Reach gets around Rocky Helmet, which can be great when using Knock Off and Life Orb in general. So that is a legitimate chance for it to be used outside of Rain teams, even if it's maybe only just it being obnoxious with Choice Scarf as a mon with two pivots, natural absorption of Toxic Spikes, Knock Off, and quad-resistance to the dreaded Rillaboom Grassy Glide despite its own mediocre-at-best bulk.
:ss/Dustox:
New Stats: 60/50/70/50/100/65
+10 special defense

Dustox seemed like the more bulkier counterpart to Beautifly, so i did the logical thing to do and increased its special defense. Still sucks ass competitively tho
Stats: 60 / 50 / 70 / 60 / 90 / 65 (+10 SpA)
Justification: makes QD sets slightly more viable but honestly, Dustox needs more than +10
Stats: 70 (+10) / 50 / 70 / 60 / 90 / 65 (BST 395)
Justification: Given that Dustox's attacks and speed are effectively unsalvageable, just shoring up the weak spot in its barely usable bulk seems the best option. Again, this is still a bug with barely any moves and 395 BST.
:sm/dustox:
Stats: 65 / 50 / 80 (+10) / 50 / 90 / 65 (395 BST)
Justification: Y'know, for being the more defensive of the two Wurmple final evos, 65/70 physical bulk is pretty pathetic, even if it's supposed to mirror Beautifly's equally pathetic 70 Attack, so 80 Defense gives it slightly better mixed defenses. Like everyone else has said though, +10 BST isn't gonna change much for Dustox
Stats: 65 (+5) / 50 / 75 (+5) / 60 / 90 / 65
Justification: Dustox is supposed to have mixed defenses, but it sucks. Wanted to add +10 to Sp. Def to mirror Beautifly but someone else already did it.

Voting will end in a couple days

didnt end up getting good ideas for this slate rip

Mega Slowking: MrFish777, Yoshiblaze, The Damned
Primeape line: The Damned, MrFish777, Yoshiblaze
Dustox: Eris250 , zerobreaker000, Yoshiblaze

Aight, its time to vote

Mega Slowking: Yoshiblaze, MrFish777, かたわれ時
Alolan Mankey and Primeape: Ema Skye, Yoshiblaze, MrFish777
Dustox Bst change: Zerobreaker000, MrFish777

Voting has ended!
Slowking
MrFish777 - 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 2 = 17
(got all the possible first place votes cuz MrFish can't vote for himself first dang)
Yoshiblaze - 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 3 = 11
かたわれ時 - 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 5
The Damned - 1 + 1 + 1= 3

Mankey
Ema Skye - 3 + 1 + 3 = 7
Yoshiblaze - 2 + 2 + 3 + 1 + 3 + 2 = 13
MrFish777 - 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 7
The Damned - 3 + 2 + 3 + 1 = 9

Dustox
MrFish777 - 1 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 7
zerobreaker000 - 2 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 2 = 11
Eris250 - 1 + 3 = 4
Ema Skye - 3 + 1 = 4
Yoshiblaze - 1 + 1 = 2

Winners
:ss/slowking:
Mega Slowking
Type:
Water/Psychic
Ability: Analytic
Stats: 95/75/100/150/140/30 (Total: 590)
New Moves: None for now

Flavor Description: Since slowking is known for being incredibly smart, analytic was the logical ability to give mega slowking. Design wise, the spiny ruff turns into a cape, and the shellder will now enlarge to look like a conch.

Competitive Description: Slowking is already a good pokemon, but begs the question, "Would i really want to use the mega over the base?" Anyways, Mega Slowking with a great 150 special attack and set up with nasty plot and analytic can hit like a truck. Sadly, the loss of Regenerator and Heavy Duty boots does hinder it, so you are gonna have to be careful on controlling it. Even though Regular Slowking might still outclass the mega, if you use Mega Slowking correctly, it will certainly give you a W.
Type:

Type:

Stats: 70 (+10) / 50 / 70 / 60 / 90 / 65 (BST 395)
Justification: Given that Dustox's attacks and speed are effectively unsalvageable, just shoring up the weak spot in its barely usable bulk seems the best option. Again, this is still a bug with barely any moves and 395 BST.
Congratulations to MrFish777, zerobreaker000, and myself for winning!

Now for Slate 6!

---

Slate 6
:sm/machamp:->:sm/alakazam::sm/alakazam-mega:
Machamp -> Alakazam (or Gengar tbh take your pick)
Missing Link
: Mega Evolution
- The Mega must have a BST of 605
- The Mega must be a primary Fighting-type
- Nobody's broken this rule yet, but remember that Mega Evolutions cannot change the HP stat

:sm/mankey:-> :sm/meowth::sm/meowth-galar::sm/perrserker:
Mankey -> Meowth (Part 2)
Missing Link
: Galarian form + Regional Evolution
- Mankey-Galar must have a BST of 305; Galarian Mankey's evolution must have a BST of 455
- Remember that Regional forms typically do not have drastic stat changes
- Regional Evolutions use the Evolution template

:sm/politoed:->:sm/poliwrath:
Politoed -> Poliwrath
Missing Link
: +10 BST
- Politoed must end up with 510 BST
- Stats cannot be lowered, only raised

Submissions will end in about 4 days​

Pokémon: Politoed
Stats: 90 / 75 / 75 / 100 (+10) / 100 / 70
Justification: Mirroring Poliwrath's stat increase by adding +10 points to its higher attacking stat. Also makes Polioted's attacks a little stronger.

Last edited:
:ss/machamp:
Pokémon: Machamp
Name of the Mega: Machamp-Mega
Name of the Mega Stone: Machamptite
Type: Fighting
Ability: Iron Fist
Stats: 90/150/130/75/105/55
Added Moves: Fistal Fury*, Mach punch, Drain Punch
*If this pokemon is machamp, hits 4 times wit 20 bp. If this pokemon is Machamp-mega, hits 6 times with 20 bp. Boosted by iron fist.

Weight:
Flavor/Design:This pokemon now has 6 arms and its fists are orange-molten like the gmax. Legs get the orange design too. Flavor is it grows 2 more arms lol.
Competitive Overview: Looks like a p top tier mon that's quite bulky and can use priority for offense while dpunching to restore. ice punch for lando and can run knock for ghosts. Very solid mon with really good coverage priority bulk and power. Maybe a lil too strong, lemme know.

Last edited:
Added Moves: Arm Thrust*, Mach punch, Drain Punch
*25 bp. 32 pp. Arm thrust hits 2-5 times in one turn. Boosted by iron fist.
Weight:
Flavor/Design:This pokemon now has 6 arms and its fists are orange-molten like the gmax. Legs get the orange design too. Flavor is it grows 2 more arms lol.
Competitive Overview: Looks like a p top tier mon that's quite bulky and can use priority for offense while dpunching to restore. ice punch for lando and can run knock for ghosts. Very solid mon with really good coverage priority bulk and power. Maybe a lil too strong, lemme know.
Welcome to Missing Links! This sub is perfectly fine, but the one small thing you'll need to change is that you can't edit existing moves when creating a new move, so instead of editing Arm Thrust, you should make an original move with the effect you want

New Regional Form Name: Galarian Mankey
Type:

Abilities: Prankster/Sturdy/Pickup
Stats: 40/70/50/30/35/80 [BST 305]
Added Moves: Rock Blast, Stone Edge, Earthquake, Accelerock, Stealth Rock, Spikes
Removed Moves: Karate Chop, Cross Chop, Final Gambit, Outrage, Thrash, Punishment
Weight: 38.0kg
Flavor/Design (Optional): The only monkey native to Europe is the Barbary Macaque which is in the British owned territory of Gibraltar. The rock type will be explained in Macalpe's entry as it'll be more evident then. Either way this version of Mankey has an even slighter shade of beige for its fur, a color similar to limestone, while also having said fur look more sharp and jagged to mimic the appearance of rocks. Also it's not nearly as pissed.

Pokémon: Galarian Mankey
New Evolution Name: Macalpe
Type:

Abilities: Technician/Sturdy/Sturdy Rock
Stats: 70/120/85/40/50/90 [BST 455]
Added Moves: It's movepool is the same as Primeape's, with the alterations Galarian Mankey still applying here. (IE the added moves stay added and the removed moves stay removed). It also gets Rock Polish.
Weight: 42.0kg
Flavor/Design (Optional): Alright so in addition to being a more mature macaque it also takes inspiration from the Rock of Gibraltar the famous linestone formation located in some British territory I forgot the name of. Macalpe comes from Macaque and Mons Calpe which is what the Romans called the famous rock. To match this this version of primeape has some moss covering its fur, to match the vegetation on the rock. Also it's more calm and mature than its scrappier counterpart.
Competitive Overview (Optional): I'm not sure what this is supposed to be really. It has STAB Tech Boosted Accelerock and it can set hazards as well. I'm sure someone will find a use for it though.

Last edited:
:politoed:
Stats: 90 / 75 / 75 / 90 / 110 (+10) / 70
Justification: Mirroring Poliwrath's stat increase in a different way by assuming Politoed ought to get +20 SpA and SpD, instead of just +40 in special.

:machamp:
Name of the Mega: Mega Machamp
Name of the Mega Stone: Machampite
Type:

Ability: Guts | No Guard (Steadfast) --> Iron Fist
Stats: 90 | 130 | 80 | 65 | 85 | 55 --> 90 | 170 (+40) | 110 (+30) | 65 | 105 (+20) | 65 (+10) (BST: 605)
Weight: 130.0kg
Flavor/Design (Optional):
Incredibly powerful breaker with 170 Attack. Very bulky, but very slow too, and ability is not too useful. A bit like a Special-oriented Ampharos, so we can expect that it'll be not too viable, likely around RU or NU, especially due to its lack of pivoting. Still an improvement compared to its base form though!

Machamp doesn't really seem like a counterpart to Alakazam or Gengar when you think of it
But if we're considering them to be counterparts then we ought to give Alakazam a Gigantamax form too

:sm/machamp:
Type:

Ability: Technician
Stats: 90 / 160 (+30) / 115 (+35) / 65 / 130 (+45) / 45 (-10) (605 BST)
Added Moves: Mach Punch, Force Palm, Laser Focus, Flame Wheel, Storm Throw, Circle Throw
Weight: 250 kg
Flavor/Design (Optional): Upon Mega Evolving, Machamp grows two more arms, with these appearing under the previous two bottom arms, and overall gets much, MUCH more jacked, with muscles that any bodybuilder would kill for. However, despite its hulking appearance, Mega Machamp becomes more precise with its punches and strikes, being able to bring hit the opponent with just enough energy in order to cause just the right amount of damage. Thus, Mega Machamps are quite popular at martial arts showcases and often win Tough Contests in the Hoenn Region.
Competitive Overview (Optional): Mega Machamp's great 90/115/130 bulk, Technician, and great new tools in Mach Punch, Circle Throw, and Storm Throw at come together to make Machamp a great tank. Thanks to Technician, Storm Throw becomes an ultra powerful 135 BP STAB move that ignores Defense boosts, Mach Punch is a nice high powered STAB priority, which is never not appreciated, and Circle Throw lets Machamp phaze out sweepers while dealing a good deal of damage. Plus, Macham has some good coverage moves boosted by Technician, like Payback, Rock Tomb, Flame Wheel, and even Rock Blast if you're feeling lucky.

:sm/mankey:
New Regional Form Name: Mankey-Galar
Type:

Abilities: Vital Spirit / Prankster / Defiant
Stats: 50 / 60 / 45 / 35 / 70 / 45 (305 BST)
Added Moves: Play Rough, Morning Sun, Charm, Disarming Voice, Dazzling Gleam, Sweet Kiss, Energy Ball, Solar Beam, Solar Blade, Flamethrower, Mystical Fire, Fire Blast, Blaze Kick, Zen Headbutt, Thunder Wave, Psychic, Pain Split, Foul Play, Torment, Throat Chop, Misty Terrain, Fake Tears, Knock Off
Removed Moves: Close Combat, Cross Chop, Detect, Focus Blast, Focus Punch, Gunk Shot, Night Slash, Poison Jab, Dual Chop, Final Gambit, Foresight, Iron Tail, Karate Chop, Low Sweep, Reversal, Skull Bash, Smelling Salts, Submission, Vacuum Wave, Rain Dance, Meditate
Weight: 56 kg
Flavor/Design (Optional): Galarian Mankeys are rare, living in and around caves in the Galar Region, but when humans do come into contact with them, they'll quickly learn just how devious these Pokémon can be. Galarian Mankeys love to have fun and that often means playing pranks on whatever unfortunate human decides to get close them. Thus, Galarian Mankeys will either be very nice to a human or extremely mean-spirited, whatever amuses them. Galarian Mankeys also seem to love sunlight, basking in it by day and retreating to their caves by night.
Based on elves and trolls, which have a strong connection to the Sun in Norse Mythology. Norse Mythology mirrors how Meowth-G's inspiration comes from the Norse Vikings and Norse Mythology.
Competitive Overview (Optional): While it has a very unique movepool and a great ability in Prankster with a good pure Fairy-typing, Galarian Mankey probably wouldn't be too great due to its low stats, particularly its low physical bulk, though I'm sure you can make a Bulk Up or Prankster TWave set work

Pokémon: Mankey-Galar
New Evolution Name: Primötunn (Prime + Jötunn, which is a Norse word that can describe an elf or dwarf)
Type:

Abilities: Wonder Skin / Prankster / Bask* - Dry Skin clone, heals in Sun + Fire immunity, hurts in Rain + Water weakness
Stats: 80 / 90 / 65 / 50 / 100 / 70 (455 BST)
Added Moves: Close Combat, Throat Chop, Hyper Beam, Giga Impact, Shadow Ball, Stone Edge, High Horsepower, Magic Room, Power Swap, Trick, Extrasensory, Hex, Spirit Break, Iron Head, Lash Out
Weight: 64 kg
Flavor/Design (Optional): If you thought the antics of Galarian Mankeys were bad, you were in for the time of your life when you ran into a Primötunn looking to play. There has been many reports of Primötunn near Turfield ruining farmland and stealing food, sometimes for survival, but often times just for the fun of it, refusing to stop until the affected farmer does something amusing for them or something to that effect. Primötunn are also much more skilled at toying with humans than their prevolutions, being able to use basic magic to create illusions or more easily steal precious items. However, if tamed and raised well, a Primötunn can became a man's best friend with their fun loving attitudes.
Competitive Overview (Optional): With Prankster, Primötunn can use Prankster + Bulk Up in order to set up and make itself bulkier before the opponent can abuse its poor physical bulk and then try to sweep with its good Fairy/Ground or Fire coverage and keep itself healthy with Moonlight. It can also act as a straight up pivot with U-Turn thanks to its utility options in Knock Off, Thunder Wave, Taunt, and Encore. Also, it has Prankster Trick to cripple walls and sweepers alike by making them hold a Choice Band or Lagging Tail, which is never not fun

:sm/politoed:
Stats: 90 / 75 / 75 / 90 / 100 / 80 (+10) (510 BST)
Justification: Pelipper kinda stole all of Politoed's thunder in both offensive and defensive roles, so a little Speed boost should help it have more of an offensive presence than Pelipper. While Pelipper still has an amazing secondary STAB and U-Turn over Toed, the difference between the 65 and 80 Speed tiers is absolutely massive, especially when considering Choice Scarf sets. Thus, Politoed is more likely to be able to abuse the ridiculous power its Rain gives it thanks to it being able to outspeed more things. Still wishes it had Flip Turn, but this is a start

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Link: Mega-Evolution
Mega Evolution Name: Mega Machamp
Mega Stone Name: Machampite
Type:

Abilities: Scrappy
Stats: 90 / 180 (+50) / 110 (+30) / 65 / 95 (+10) / 65 (+10) (BST: 640)
Weight: 165 kg
Competitive Overview: Nuclear CCs. Kinda garb vs offense and really dislikes burns tho.

:ss/mankey::ss/primeape:
Pokémon:
Type:

Abilities: Vital Spirit / Pickpocket / Agitated* (Competitive/Defiant but for Speed)
Stats: 40 / 70 / 35 / 35 / 45 / 80 (305)
Added Moves: Dark Pulse, Snarl, Torment, Foul Play, Lash Out, Snatch, Embargo, Scary Face, Nasty Plot, Fake Out, Knock Off, Sucker Punch, Shadow Claw, Feint Attack, Roar, Fake Tears, Incinerate (+17)
Removed Moves: Work Up, Focus Punch, Helping Hand, Final Gambit, Earthquake, Bulldoze, Role Play, Seed Bomb, Karate Chop, Seismic Toss, Thrash, Bulk Up, Smack Down, Dual Chop, Vacuum Wave, Skull Bash (-17)
Weight: 28 kg
Competitive Overview (Optional): Explain how the Pokémon would be used competitively

Name: Frimape (Fright + Primape)
Link: Regional Evolution
Type:

Abilities: Vital Spirit / Intimidate / Agitated
Stats: 65 / 95 / 60 / 60 / 70 / 105 (455)
Added Moves: Dark Pulse, Snarl, Torment, Foul Play, Lash Out, Snatch, Embargo, Scary Face, Nasty Plot, Fake Out, Knock Off, Sucker Punch, Shadow Claw, Feint Attack, Roar, Fake Tears, Incinerate (+17)
Removed Moves: Work Up, Focus Punch, Helping Hand, Final Gambit, Earthquake, Bulldoze, Role Play, Seed Bomb, Karate Chop, Seismic Toss, Thrash, Bulk Up, Smack Down, Dual Chop, Vacuum Wave, Skull Bash (-17)
Competitive Overview If missing links VGC is ever a thing then maybe this thing will be useful with intim, fake out and fake tears. In the meantime it serves as a mon to fill the Psychic-Fighting-Dark trio.

Well, I guess I'm lucky for the miscount given my lazy self didn't get around to this until after midnight this morning, especially given how annoying yesterday was. I see Gravity Monkey did pure Dark already to fill out the triangle, which is good given I changed my initial idea for Mankey-Galar from that to...well, you'll see. "Lucky" me, I guess.

Type:
/

Ability: Steely Spirit
Stats: 090 HP / 175 Atk / 110 Def / 065 SpA / 110 SpD / 055 Spe (+00 / +45 / +30 / +00 / +25 / +00)
Added Moves: Arm Thrust, Autotomize, Body Press, Circle Throw, Force Palm, Iron Defense, Iron Head, Mach Punch, Storm Throw
Weight: 360.6 lbs | 163.6 kg [base Machamp's weight: 286.6 lbs | 130.0 kg]
Flavor/Design: Pokémon Sun: "The mysterious metal of Machamp's belt has now covered its body entirely, oddly strengthening its immense power by focusing its strikes despite the new seeming restraint."
Pokémon Moon: "Its connection with metal seems to be more than surface level, as evidenced by Machamp's fighting spirit alone being able to influence and even dent steel without touching it."
Pokémon Ultra Sun: "It is unknown to the extent that its strength has increased given Machamp could already devastate mountains. Some theorize that its strength could be near infinite."
Pokémon Ultra Moon: "Unlike most Mega Evolutions, the energy has made Machamp more restrained and calm. Its impulsiveness is all but gone despite its speed ultimately being the same. Scientists want to know why."

Despite the (intentional) vagueness of the descriptions, what it would likely look like is still clear enough given everyone already know what the weird belt it's always had from...somewhere looks. That basically just becomes armor that covers all of it. [Insert sentai footage here.]

The only other two things to talk about here are that I have decided to give it Steely Spirit mostly due to Analytic being weirldy inferior to Guts in this instance & due to not wanting to make a new ability for it if I could and that I feel like I added too many moves even if like half of them are basically still unusable. The only ones I am really worried about are Autotomize (despite its trash Speed) and Mach Punch.

Competitive Overview: I'll be real: I mostly just wanted to make a Fighting/Steel Mega that wasn't laughably broken. I'm unsure that I succeeded, especially given it's still slow and given I intentionally didn't give it Drain Punch--kind of couldn't if I want to avoid the "laughably broken" part. Speaking of Lucario-Mega more directly, however, this version of Machamp-Mega would actually have the strongest Steel attacks in the game due to its ability, even compared to Mr. Adaptability. That would at least help this break the faces of the plague of Fairy mons.

Not much else to say beyond that or like with any Mega that changes or gains a new typing that is significantly different than its initial typing, you can play mind games by not transforming. This seems especially relevant against mons that would be trying to hit your new Steel-related weaknesses, such as Heatran or even Landorus-Therian.

Type:
/

Abilities: Run Away / Volt Absorb / Adaptability (hidden ability)
Stats: 040 HP / 075 Atk / 035 Def / 055 SpA / 050 SpD / 050 Spe
Added Moves: Calm Mind, Dark Pulse, Discharge, Electric Terrain, Fake Tears, Flamethrower, Foul Play, Knock Off, Nasty Plot, Nuzzle, Rapid Spin, Rising Voltage, Snarl, Spark, Sucker Punch, Thunder Wave, Volt Switch, Wild Charge (15 + 2 "free" ones in Electric Terrain and Rising Voltage)
Removed Moves: Captivate, Cross Chop, Defense Curl, Detect, Dual Chop, Dynamic Punch, Endeavor, Final Gambit, Focus Blast, Focus Punch, Hone Claws, Karate Chop, Outrage, Seimisc Toss, Spite, Vacuum Wave (15)
Weight: 61.7 lbs | 28.0 kg [the same as regular Mankey's weight]
Flavor/Design: Pokémon Sword: "It is unknown how Mankey got to Galar, but it is clear that it has had a long symbiotic relationship with Nickit and Thievul from the beginning, who use it as the muscle for their less subtle exploits."
Pokémon Shield: "Nickit and Thievul have influenced Mankey's evolution in Galar so much that it now absorbs electricity due to being used frequently as a deterrent and shield against Yampers and Boltunds."

This is almost as out there as my Mankey-Alola idea, but here this version of Mankey is instead influenced heavily by other pokemon in the environment instead of the environment (of Alola) itself, in this case those influences being Nickit's line. This change influenced its typing, its abilities, and its stats just as much as my Mankey-Alola got changed, to point that its negatively affected Mankey's speed. After all, you (read: Nickit) can't have your minions (read: Mankey) to be faster than you if you're going to throw them to the (literal) dogs (read: Yamper and Boltund).

As such, despite the rather radical typing change initially inspired by Yoshiblaze's Mankey-Alola winning (since this was initially only Dark), it would visually look and weigh mostly the same. The only real differences would be it has one of those little "domino mask" black fur patterns that both Nickit's line and real-life raccoons have and that this Mankey's tail would maybe be a bit longer and more prehensile given that's useful for stealing, which is what this version of Mankey would focus on. Otherwise it's basically just a gray Mankey with a different temperament, sort of like how Meowth-Alola is to regular Meowth.

I feel a bit guilty about the amount of moves added even though it lost and gained an even amount and even though everything except for Rapid Spin was just adding something by type (and that Nickit had), but that's probably because some of the moves it lost were never that consequential. Looking at you, Defense Curl.

Competitive Overview: I still know nothing about Little Cup, so the most I can say about it there is that it would at least have a unique typing since I imagine Morpeko is disqualified due to being only single-stage mon. Otherwise, I imagine Morpeko would outclass it both there and outside of Little Cup, even with their vastly different abilities and Mankey-Galar's ability to use Evolite.

New Evolution Name: Crimeape [...what? They can't all be winners, and some are even bigger losers than others; obviously "crime" + "ape" while being a pun on Primeape]
Type:
/

Abilities: Defiant / Volt Absorb / Adaptability (hidden ability)
Stats: 060 HP / 100 Atk / 060 Def / 070 SpA / 065 SpD / 100 Spe
Added Moves: Lash Out, Parting Shot
Weight: 71.0 lbs | 32.2 kg [Primeape's weight: 70.5 lbs. | 32.0 kg]
Flavor/Design: Pokémon Sword: "Oddly, Nickit and Thievul's criminal influence have made the evolved form of Galar's Mankey far calmer than the original. It prefers to scheme and plan before striking, and it is difficult to anger."
Pokémon Shield: "Crimeape is far smarter than it appears, especially if compared to Primeape. It has been known to intentionally cause blackouts in places it intends to rob by absorbing the electricity that run to that entire area or even only to those places."

...Hilariously lame name aside, much like my Mankey-Galar, this would essentially be like Primeape but gray-furred and with a "domino mask" band of black over its eyes with a vastly different temperament. The only real differences, as such, would be that Crimeape gets to keep its prehensile tail for, well, criming, which is why it has 2 more kgs than Primeape, and that its face & body language would be calm; hence it having access to Calm Mind. It might be slightly lankier than Primeape, but otherwise there would be no other visual difference, especially since here the hitherto random shackles on Primeape actually would make sense both as indicators of criminality and conductors of electricity.

(It does seem a bit weird to get to keep its tail this time around despite still having "ape" in its name, but if Infernape gets to do it, then it does have precedence at least.)

Getting (back) Defiant over the useless Run Away and having strong physical attacks are basically the closest thing in common to actual Primeape as it is though, especially since its stats have shifted. It's even frailer now, which doesn't help its weakness to Mach Punch, but it has far more support and variation even if its SpA is still underwhelming. Most importantly, it has more Speed than Primeape, hitting that important 100 Speed baseline.

Competitive Overview: Crimeape has enough versatility in its abilities and move set that it could, in theory, fit any role on a team except for a tanky or clerical one. I may have focused a bit more on its SpA than strictly advised in trying to make it not pathetic, especially since it's still kind of low, but access to both Nasty Plot and Adaptability could make even a special attacking set somewhat viable despite its only additional coverage being Flamethrower (or Overheat or, in National Dex, Hidden Power).

Speaking of coverage, while its typing is only "okay" defensively, especially given its frailty, its STAB coverage is quite good, especially given the physical STAB coverage it did keep, including Close Combat, Gunk Shot & Poison Jab, Iron Tail, and U-Turn. Keeping U-Turn means it has three different ways to pivot as well, all in different ways. So it's difficult to keep from getting out of dodge, and it's naturally adept at hit-and-run, especially since its typing means it at least resists Sucker Punch as well as gets STAB Knock Offs potentially backed up by Adaptability. It's more than a bit unfortunate that non-exclusive Electric physical attacks are so lackluster in terms of power though, especially if you don't want to murder your mon.

Not much more to say about it beyond the fact, if nothing else, at least it thankfully gets far better abilities than its "mentor" Thievul. Yay? (Lightning Rod would arguably make more than Volt Absorb, especially given its frailty, but meh.)

Stats: 100 HP / 075 Atk / 075 Def / 090 SpA / 100 SpD / 070 Spe (+10 HP)
Justification: I've always been a fan of anything that can make 101 Subs, and that just seems like an interesting new capacity, especially since Politoed gets already Encore to further grief certain mons--*cough*Blissey*cough*. It also helps it even in lower tiers where it's not directly competing against zero-to-hero kid Pelipper, though it does generally help it survive Electric attacks and other non-Flying-resisted attacks to the fact better than Pelipper does.

Voting has started!

Voting will follow a weighted-points system, where you vote for up to 3 submissions in each category. Each sub you vote for earns a certain number of points depending on their position. The submission with the most points wins that category. You can vote yourself, but never as your most preferred option

Example -
If you vote for 3 things -
Machamp: Most preferred option (gets 3 points), Second most preferred option (gets 2 points), 3rd most preferred option (gets 1 point)

If you vote for 2 things -
Machamp: Most preferred option (gets 2 points), Second most preferred option (gets 1 points)

If you vote for 1 thing -
Machamp: Most preferred option (gets 1 point)

Voting Options
Added Moves: Fistal Fury*, Mach punch, Drain Punch
*If this pokemon is machamp, hits 4 times wit 20 bp. If this pokemon is Machamp-mega, hits 6 times with 20 bp. Boosted by iron fist.

Weight:
:machamp:
Type:

Ability: Guts | No Guard (Steadfast) --> Iron Fist
Stats: 90 | 130 | 80 | 65 | 85 | 55 --> 90 | 170 (+40) | 110 (+30) | 65 | 105 (+20) | 65 (+10) (BST: 605)
Weight: 130.0kg
Flavor/Design (Optional):
Incredibly powerful breaker with 170 Attack. Very bulky, but very slow too, and ability is not too useful. A bit like a Special-oriented Ampharos, so we can expect that it'll be not too viable, likely around RU or NU, especially due to its lack of pivoting. Still an improvement compared to its base form though!
:sm/machamp:
Type:

Ability: Technician
Stats: 90 / 160 (+30) / 115 (+35) / 65 / 130 (+45) / 45 (-10) (605 BST)
Added Moves: Mach Punch, Force Palm, Laser Focus, Flame Wheel, Storm Throw, Circle Throw
Weight: 250 kg
Flavor/Design (Optional): Upon Mega Evolving, Machamp grows two more arms, with these appearing under the previous two bottom arms, and overall gets much, MUCH more jacked, with muscles that any bodybuilder would kill for. However, despite its hulking appearance, Mega Machamp becomes more precise with its punches and strikes, being able to bring hit the opponent with just enough energy in order to cause just the right amount of damage. Thus, Mega Machamps are quite popular at martial arts showcases and often win Tough Contests in the Hoenn Region.
Competitive Overview (Optional): Mega Machamp's great 90/115/130 bulk, Technician, and great new tools in Mach Punch, Circle Throw, and Storm Throw at come together to make Machamp a great tank. Thanks to Technician, Storm Throw becomes an ultra powerful 135 BP STAB move that ignores Defense boosts, Mach Punch is a nice high powered STAB priority, which is never not appreciated, and Circle Throw lets Machamp phaze out sweepers while dealing a good deal of damage. Plus, Macham has some good coverage moves boosted by Technician, like Payback, Rock Tomb, Flame Wheel, and even Rock Blast if you're feeling lucky.
Link: Mega-Evolution
Mega Evolution Name: Mega Machamp
Mega Stone Name: Machampite
Type:

Abilities: Scrappy
Stats: 90 / 180 (+50) / 110 (+30) / 65 / 95 (+10) / 65 (+10) (BST: 640)
Weight: 165 kg
Competitive Overview: Nuclear CCs. Kinda garb vs offense and really dislikes burns tho.

Type:
/

Ability: Steely Spirit
Stats: 090 HP / 175 Atk / 110 Def / 065 SpA / 110 SpD / 055 Spe (+00 / +45 / +30 / +00 / +25 / +00)
Added Moves: Arm Thrust, Autotomize, Body Press, Circle Throw, Force Palm, Iron Defense, Iron Head, Mach Punch, Storm Throw
Weight: 360.6 lbs | 163.6 kg [base Machamp's weight: 286.6 lbs | 130.0 kg]
Flavor/Design: Pokémon Sun: "The mysterious metal of Machamp's belt has now covered its body entirely, oddly strengthening its immense power by focusing its strikes despite the new seeming restraint."
Pokémon Moon: "Its connection with metal seems to be more than surface level, as evidenced by Machamp's fighting spirit alone being able to influence and even dent steel without touching it."
Pokémon Ultra Sun: "It is unknown to the extent that its strength has increased given Machamp could already devastate mountains. Some theorize that its strength could be near infinite."
Pokémon Ultra Moon: "Unlike most Mega Evolutions, the energy has made Machamp more restrained and calm. Its impulsiveness is all but gone despite its speed ultimately being the same. Scientists want to know why."

Despite the (intentional) vagueness of the descriptions, what it would likely look like is still clear enough given everyone already know what the weird belt it's always had from...somewhere looks. That basically just becomes armor that covers all of it. [Insert sentai footage here.]

The only other two things to talk about here are that I have decided to give it Steely Spirit mostly due to Analytic being weirldy inferior to Guts in this instance & due to not wanting to make a new ability for it if I could and that I feel like I added too many moves even if like half of them are basically still unusable. The only ones I am really worried about are Autotomize (despite its trash Speed) and Mach Punch.

Competitive Overview: I'll be real: I mostly just wanted to make a Fighting/Steel Mega that wasn't laughably broken. I'm unsure that I succeeded, especially given it's still slow and given I intentionally didn't give it Drain Punch--kind of couldn't if I want to avoid the "laughably broken" part. Speaking of Lucario-Mega more directly, however, this version of Machamp-Mega would actually have the strongest Steel attacks in the game due to its ability, even compared to Mr. Adaptability. That would at least help this break the faces of the plague of Fairy mons.

Not much else to say beyond that or like with any Mega that changes or gains a new typing that is significantly different than its initial typing, you can play mind games by not transforming. This seems especially relevant against mons that would be trying to hit your new Steel-related weaknesses, such as Heatran or even Landorus-Therian.
Type:

Abilities: Prankster/Sturdy/Pickup
Stats: 40/70/50/30/35/80 [BST 305]
Added Moves: Rock Blast, Stone Edge, Earthquake, Accelerock, Stealth Rock, Spikes
Removed Moves: Karate Chop, Cross Chop, Final Gambit, Outrage, Thrash, Punishment
Weight: 38.0kg
Flavor/Design (Optional): The only monkey native to Europe is the Barbary Macaque which is in the British owned territory of Gibraltar. The rock type will be explained in Macalpe's entry as it'll be more evident then. Either way this version of Mankey has an even slighter shade of beige for its fur, a color similar to limestone, while also having said fur look more sharp and jagged to mimic the appearance of rocks. Also it's not nearly as pissed.

Pokémon: Galarian Mankey
New Evolution Name: Macalpe
Type:

Abilities: Technician/Sturdy/Sturdy Rock
Stats: 70/120/85/40/50/90 [BST 455]
Added Moves: It's movepool is the same as Primeape's, with the alterations Galarian Mankey still applying here. (IE the added moves stay added and the removed moves stay removed). It also gets Rock Polish.
Weight: 42.0kg
Flavor/Design (Optional): Alright so in addition to being a more mature macaque it also takes inspiration from the Rock of Gibraltar the famous linestone formation located in some British territory I forgot the name of. Macalpe comes from Macaque and Mons Calpe which is what the Romans called the famous rock. To match this this version of primeape has some moss covering its fur, to match the vegetation on the rock. Also it's more calm and mature than its scrappier counterpart.
Competitive Overview (Optional): I'm not sure what this is supposed to be really. It has STAB Tech Boosted Accelerock and it can set hazards as well. I'm sure someone will find a use for it though.
:sm/mankey:
Type:

Abilities: Vital Spirit / Prankster / Defiant
Stats: 50 / 60 / 45 / 35 / 70 / 45 (305 BST)
Added Moves: Play Rough, Morning Sun, Charm, Disarming Voice, Dazzling Gleam, Sweet Kiss, Energy Ball, Solar Beam, Solar Blade, Flamethrower, Mystical Fire, Fire Blast, Blaze Kick, Zen Headbutt, Thunder Wave, Psychic, Pain Split, Foul Play, Torment, Throat Chop, Misty Terrain, Fake Tears, Knock Off
Removed Moves: Close Combat, Cross Chop, Detect, Focus Blast, Focus Punch, Gunk Shot, Night Slash, Poison Jab, Dual Chop, Final Gambit, Foresight, Iron Tail, Karate Chop, Low Sweep, Reversal, Skull Bash, Smelling Salts, Submission, Vacuum Wave, Rain Dance, Meditate
Weight: 56 kg
Flavor/Design (Optional): Galarian Mankeys are rare, living in and around caves in the Galar Region, but when humans do come into contact with them, they'll quickly learn just how devious these Pokémon can be. Galarian Mankeys love to have fun and that often means playing pranks on whatever unfortunate human decides to get close them. Thus, Galarian Mankeys will either be very nice to a human or extremely mean-spirited, whatever amuses them. Galarian Mankeys also seem to love sunlight, basking in it by day and retreating to their caves by night.
Based on elves and trolls, which have a strong connection to the Sun in Norse Mythology. Norse Mythology mirrors how Meowth-G's inspiration comes from the Norse Vikings and Norse Mythology.
Competitive Overview (Optional): While it has a very unique movepool and a great ability in Prankster with a good pure Fairy-typing, Galarian Mankey probably wouldn't be too great due to its low stats, particularly its low physical bulk, though I'm sure you can make a Bulk Up or Prankster TWave set work

New Evolution Name: Primötunn (Prime + Jötunn, which is a Norse word that can describe an elf or dwarf)
Type:

Abilities: Wonder Skin / Prankster / Bask* - Dry Skin clone, heals in Sun + Fire immunity, hurts in Rain + Water weakness
Stats: 80 / 90 / 65 / 50 / 100 / 70 (455 BST)
Added Moves: Close Combat, Throat Chop, Hyper Beam, Giga Impact, Shadow Ball, Stone Edge, High Horsepower, Magic Room, Power Swap, Trick, Extrasensory, Hex, Spirit Break, Iron Head, Lash Out
Weight: 64 kg
Flavor/Design (Optional): If you thought the antics of Galarian Mankeys were bad, you were in for the time of your life when you ran into a Primötunn looking to play. There has been many reports of Primötunn near Turfield ruining farmland and stealing food, sometimes for survival, but often times just for the fun of it, refusing to stop until the affected farmer does something amusing for them or something to that effect. Primötunn are also much more skilled at toying with humans than their prevolutions, being able to use basic magic to create illusions or more easily steal precious items. However, if tamed and raised well, a Primötunn can became a man's best friend with their fun loving attitudes.
Competitive Overview (Optional): With Prankster, Primötunn can use Prankster + Bulk Up in order to set up and make itself bulkier before the opponent can abuse its poor physical bulk and then try to sweep with its good Fairy/Ground or Fire coverage and keep itself healthy with Moonlight. It can also act as a straight up pivot with U-Turn thanks to its utility options in Knock Off, Thunder Wave, Taunt, and Encore. Also, it has Prankster Trick to cripple walls and sweepers alike by making them hold a Choice Band or Lagging Tail, which is never not fun
:ss/mankey::ss/primeape:
Pokémon:
Type:

Abilities: Vital Spirit / Pickpocket / Agitated* (Competitive/Defiant but for Speed)
Stats: 40 / 70 / 35 / 35 / 45 / 80 (305)
Competitive Overview (Optional): Explain how the Pokémon would be used competitively

Name: Frimape (Fright + Primape)
Link: Regional Evolution
Type:

Abilities: Vital Spirit / Intimidate / Agitated
Stats: 65 / 95 / 60 / 60 / 70 / 105 (455)
Competitive Overview If missing links VGC is ever a thing then maybe this thing will be useful with intim, fake out and fake tears. In the meantime it serves as a mon to fill the Psychic-Fighting-Dark trio.

Type:
/

Abilities: Run Away / Volt Absorb / Adaptability (hidden ability)
Stats: 040 HP / 075 Atk / 035 Def / 055 SpA / 050 SpD / 050 Spe
Added Moves: Calm Mind, Dark Pulse, Discharge, Electric Terrain, Fake Tears, Flamethrower, Foul Play, Knock Off, Nasty Plot, Nuzzle, Rapid Spin, Rising Voltage, Snarl, Spark, Sucker Punch, Thunder Wave, Volt Switch, Wild Charge (15 + 2 "free" ones in Electric Terrain and Rising Voltage)
Removed Moves: Captivate, Cross Chop, Defense Curl, Detect, Dual Chop, Dynamic Punch, Endeavor, Final Gambit, Focus Blast, Focus Punch, Hone Claws, Karate Chop, Outrage, Seimisc Toss, Spite, Vacuum Wave (15)
Weight: 61.7 lbs | 28.0 kg [the same as regular Mankey's weight]
Flavor/Design: Pokémon Sword: "It is unknown how Mankey got to Galar, but it is clear that it has had a long symbiotic relationship with Nickit and Thievul from the beginning, who use it as the muscle for their less subtle exploits."
Pokémon Shield: "Nickit and Thievul have influenced Mankey's evolution in Galar so much that it now absorbs electricity due to being used frequently as a deterrent and shield against Yampers and Boltunds."

This is almost as out there as my Mankey-Alola idea, but here this version of Mankey is instead influenced heavily by other pokemon in the environment instead of the environment (of Alola) itself, in this case those influences being Nickit's line. This change influenced its typing, its abilities, and its stats just as much as my Mankey-Alola got changed, to point that its negatively affected Mankey's speed. After all, you (read: Nickit) can't have your minions (read: Mankey) to be faster than you if you're going to throw them to the (literal) dogs (read: Yamper and Boltund).

As such, despite the rather radical typing change initially inspired by Yoshiblaze's Mankey-Alola winning (since this was initially only Dark), it would visually look and weigh mostly the same. The only real differences would be it has one of those little "domino mask" black fur patterns that both Nickit's line and real-life raccoons have and that this Mankey's tail would maybe be a bit longer and more prehensile given that's useful for stealing, which is what this version of Mankey would focus on. Otherwise it's basically just a gray Mankey with a different temperament, sort of like how Meowth-Alola is to regular Meowth.

I feel a bit guilty about the amount of moves added even though it lost and gained an even amount and even though everything except for Rapid Spin was just adding something by type (and that Nickit had), but that's probably because some of the moves it lost were never that consequential. Looking at you, Defense Curl.

Competitive Overview: I still know nothing about Little Cup, so the most I can say about it there is that it would at least have a unique typing since I imagine Morpeko is disqualified due to being only single-stage mon. Otherwise, I imagine Morpeko would outclass it both there and outside of Little Cup, even with their vastly different abilities and Mankey-Galar's ability to use Evolite.

New Evolution Name: Crimeape [...what? They can't all be winners, and some are even bigger losers than others; obviously "crime" + "ape" while being a pun on Primeape]
Type:
/

Abilities: Defiant / Volt Absorb / Adaptability (hidden ability)
Stats: 060 HP / 100 Atk / 060 Def / 070 SpA / 065 SpD / 100 Spe
Added Moves: Lash Out, Parting Shot
Weight: 71.0 lbs | 32.2 kg [Primeape's weight: 70.5 lbs. | 32.0 kg]
Flavor/Design: Pokémon Sword: "Oddly, Nickit and Thievul's criminal influence have made the evolved form of Galar's Mankey far calmer than the original. It prefers to scheme and plan before striking, and it is difficult to anger."
Pokémon Shield: "Crimeape is far smarter than it appears, especially if compared to Primeape. It has been known to intentionally cause blackouts in places it intends to rob by absorbing the electricity that run to that entire area or even only to those places."

...Hilariously lame name aside, much like my Mankey-Galar, this would essentially be like Primeape but gray-furred and with a "domino mask" band of black over its eyes with a vastly different temperament. The only real differences, as such, would be that Crimeape gets to keep its prehensile tail for, well, criming, which is why it has 2 more kgs than Primeape, and that its face & body language would be calm; hence it having access to Calm Mind. It might be slightly lankier than Primeape, but otherwise there would be no other visual difference, especially since here the hitherto random shackles on Primeape actually would make sense both as indicators of criminality and conductors of electricity.

(It does seem a bit weird to get to keep its tail this time around despite still having "ape" in its name, but if Infernape gets to do it, then it does have precedence at least.)

Getting (back) Defiant over the useless Run Away and having strong physical attacks are basically the closest thing in common to actual Primeape as it is though, especially since its stats have shifted. It's even frailer now, which doesn't help its weakness to Mach Punch, but it has far more support and variation even if its SpA is still underwhelming. Most importantly, it has more Speed than Primeape, hitting that important 100 Speed baseline.

Competitive Overview: Crimeape has enough versatility in its abilities and move set that it could, in theory, fit any role on a team except for a tanky or clerical one. I may have focused a bit more on its SpA than strictly advised in trying to make it not pathetic, especially since it's still kind of low, but access to both Nasty Plot and Adaptability could make even a special attacking set somewhat viable despite its only additional coverage being Flamethrower (or Overheat or, in National Dex, Hidden Power).

Speaking of coverage, while its typing is only "okay" defensively, especially given its frailty, its STAB coverage is quite good, especially given the physical STAB coverage it did keep, including Close Combat, Gunk Shot & Poison Jab, Iron Tail, and U-Turn. Keeping U-Turn means it has three different ways to pivot as well, all in different ways. So it's difficult to keep from getting out of dodge, and it's naturally adept at hit-and-run, especially since its typing means it at least resists Sucker Punch as well as gets STAB Knock Offs potentially backed up by Adaptability. It's more than a bit unfortunate that non-exclusive Electric physical attacks are so lackluster in terms of power though, especially if you don't want to murder your mon.

Not much more to say about it beyond the fact, if nothing else, at least it thankfully gets far better abilities than its "mentor" Thievul. Yay? (Lightning Rod would arguably make more than Volt Absorb, especially given its frailty, but meh.)
Stats: 90 / 75 / 75 / 100 (+10) / 100 / 70
Justification: Mirroring Poliwrath's stat increase by adding +10 points to its higher attacking stat. Also makes Polioted's attacks a little stronger.
:politoed:
Stats: 90 / 75 / 75 / 90 / 110 (+10) / 70
Justification: Mirroring Poliwrath's stat increase in a different way by assuming Politoed ought to get +20 SpA and SpD, instead of just +40 in special.
:sm/politoed:
Stats: 90 / 75 / 75 / 90 / 100 / 80 (+10) (510 BST)
Justification: Pelipper kinda stole all of Politoed's thunder in both offensive and defensive roles, so a little Speed boost should help it have more of an offensive presence than Pelipper. While Pelipper still has an amazing secondary STAB and U-Turn over Toed, the difference between the 65 and 80 Speed tiers is absolutely massive, especially when considering Choice Scarf sets. Thus, Politoed is more likely to be able to abuse the ridiculous power its Rain gives it thanks to it being able to outspeed more things. Still wishes it had Flip Turn, but this is a start

Stats: 100 HP / 075 Atk / 075 Def / 090 SpA / 100 SpD / 070 Spe (+10 HP)
Justification: I've always been a fan of anything that can make 101 Subs, and that just seems like an interesting new capacity, especially since Politoed gets already Encore to further grief certain mons--*cough*Blissey*cough*. It also helps it even in lower tiers where it's not directly competing against zero-to-hero kid Pelipper, though it does generally help it survive Electric attacks and other non-Flying-resisted attacks to the fact better than Pelipper does.

Voting will end in a couple days

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)