MLB 2016

I wouldn't be opposed to handling it the way that you handled it last year with having an IRC keeper draft of everyone else and them picking from that because they're somewhat shafted. But whatever you think would make it fair.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Let them take over. Every team has some talent, and they don't have to use all 6 keeper slots if they really hate their teams, leaving more auction money. Plenty of good players aren't being kept this year, so I'd imagine they'd have first dibs at them

Some kid named mike trout went 3-3 and robbed a nigga of a hit in his spring debut today. Hope he can crack the angels' opening day roster

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Want to get a quick opinion on another league of mine. We get 4 keepers, Snake draft reverse of last years' standings. Trying to decide who to keep. Viable options are:

Nolan Arenado, Dee Gordon, Ryan Braun, Carlos Gonzalez, Xander Bogarts, Madison Bumgarner, Corey Kluber, Danny Salazar.

Bolded who I currently have lined up, does anyone think I should change anything?

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Want to get a quick opinion on another league of mine. We get 4 keepers, Snake draft reverse of last years' standings. Trying to decide who to keep. Viable options are:

Nolan Arenado, Dee Gordon, Ryan Braun, Carlos Gonzalez, Xander Bogarts, Madison Bumgarner, Corey Kluber, Danny Salazar.

Bolded who I currently have lined up, does anyone think I should change anything?
I'd consider Salazar > Bumgarner. Looks pretty good though.

I hate to be "that guy" and all, but beings that we are entering the middle of March, we need to get League members finalized and pick a draft time that works for all of us. And then have that time changed to a sub-optimal time because Stallion doesn't want to get up at 5am to draft with us.

Stallion

Tree Young
I hate to be "that guy" and all, but beings that we are entering the middle of March, we need to get League members finalized and pick a draft time that works for all of us. And then have that time changed to a sub-optimal time because Stallion doesn't want to get up at 5am to draft with us.
Hey man, the other league I'm in with Del Rio picked a pretty optimal time for all of us right off the bat. Sunday 11am for me (gmt+11) to be precise. Something like that I feel is pretty reasonable and saves me having to be awake at some fucked up time

biggie

champ
I set the draft date and time actually prior to you posting that message. The initial date/time is April 2nd at 10:30 am EDT. Everyone review that time and see if it works for you.

Paging users: Can-Eh-Dian nLTk Sugar K Leonard we have 2 slots currently open. First come, first serve. PM me your e-mail addresses to get in.

I set the draft date and time actually prior to you posting that message. The initial date/time is April 2nd at 10:30 am EDT. Everyone review that time and see if it works for you.
That day won't work for me unless it's in the evening.

ButteredToast's Draft Availability
  • Time Zone: Eastern Time
  • Work Schedule: MTWTF 6:45am - 4:00pm
  • Good Times
    • March 19th - March 27th (Spring Break, open availability for the most part though I do have another league draft)
    • Friday nights at 7:00pm or later
    • Weekend afternoons or nights
  • Bad Times
    • Any Monday outside of spring break. I have a colloquium class and don't get home until 8:40pm. That's not including food, shower, and whatever lesson planning I need to get done.
    • Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays before 8:00pm I cannot guarantee activity. I might also have a whole bunch of grading/work commitments to get done.
    • Easter is bad. March 22nd I have immovable plans with my girlfriend that night. I also another league trying to fit their draft in and do not want to run two drafts at once.

Stallion

Tree Young
Stallion's Current Draft Availabilty

Time Zone: GMT + 11 (until Sunday, 3rd of April, when it becomes GMT+10).
Work schedule: M-F: 2:45pm-5:45pm. Thursday-Saturday: 10pm-late.
Available times: Monday-Friday, draft commencing 8am-11am. Saturday, draft commencing 8am-6pm (except for Saturday April 2nd, as it is my close friends wedding). Sunday, 8am-late (except for Easter).

I also have a busy social life, but with adequate notice, I'll be able to make the above times work.

Unless it's the week of spring break which starts the 21st for me, it'll be tough to fit in an auction draft Mon-Thurs. Friday nights are a no-go. Weekends I'm pretty flexible on, except the 2nd which I've already stated.

If need be you could host that Google Sheet like you did a couple years ago and have us input our times there, biggie

biggie

champ
Sugar K Leonard applied first so he has first pick over which team he wants to take over. nLTk will then get the other team. I set up the Google doc page https://goo.gl/OKyFjG, so let's get cracking.

Sugar K Leonard and nLTk, the two teams you have to pick from are .'s team and drcossack's team. As previously mentioned, Sugar K Leonard gets first pick. I've compiled a list of players on each team as of the end of the 2015 season and imported both their 2015 draft prices as well as their 2016 projected price. These projected prices are the default prices per Yahoo!'s ranking, so if you are disputing any of them please check there first. Otherwise please PM me to let me know.

I'd like to finalize the keepers a week before we draft, whenever that is. But obviously I'll allow for last minute changes in case of injury or whatnot.

Here is the file I was talking about. https://goo.gl/GkXK0y

Last edited:
I would like to take over for drcossack's team.
Tentative Keeper List (Last Year / Projected)
1. Dee Gordon $14 (14 / 28)
2. Lorenzo Cain $10 (0 / 20)
3. Dallas Keuchel $9.5 (0 / 19)
4. Gerrit Cole $14 (14 / 20)
5. Nelson Cruz $14 (14 / 25)
6. Shin-Soo Choo 3.5 (1 / 7)
Totals 65 (43 / 119)

Also, I won't be sure of my availability for the week of the 20th until the 18th but I should be able to switch shifts with a coworker if need be for any day other than Sunday.

Last edited:
Changed my keeper values due to what Del Rio said. My cap hit went up a whole entire dollar because of Todd Frazier! I'll take that over what seems to be everyone else's budget increases. However it seems every single one of these fuckers is day to day with some type of injury. So we'll see what is serious and if I want to make a change. x_x

Keeper List (Last Year / Projected)
1. Yoenis Cespedes - $19 (19 / 23)
2. Johnny Cueto - $10 (10 / 16)
3. Todd Frazier - $10 (9 / 20)
4. Cole Hamels - $10 (10 / 14)
5. Jayson Heyward - $17 (17 / 16)
6. Corey Seager - $6.5 (0 / 13)

Total Cap Hit: $73 ($71.5 rounded up, per the rule I quoted)
Auction Budget Left: $187

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)