ORAS OU MLGZ sTyLeZ (Peaked at 1420)

Hi guys. catking101 here once again to post another RMT. Oh, what, you're wondering about the title? Well, this team is in no way affliated with anything MLG, it's just the random nicknames I give my Pokemon that make this title what it really is. ...Please don't leave right now just because I said that. Anyway, now that I have your attention,(?) let's focus on our team. Here it is, in full.

Alright, now lt's break it down, starting with my favorite Pokemon...

xXx_MegaSwagZardxXx (Charizard-Mega-X) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw

The standard Charizard Dragon Dance set. He runs Fire Punch < Flare Blitz this time, as I'm found out that nets a lot of kills on more defensive Pokemon, and they usually can't do enough to stop it from healing off recoil with Roost. Dragon Dance is for whenever Charizard happens to find a passive Pokemon to set up on. It can decimate a team fairly quickly with one or two boosts, especially late game, but Mega Altaria, Heatran, and Azumarill resist its fairly strong STAB coverage.

xXx_TaCtIcAlNuKe (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

So to get rid of the first two of those main threats, I had to deploy the tactical nuke. I like to use the Belly Drum set, since I prefer not to be choice-locked into a move. Azumarill can easily find an oppurtunity to set up Belly Drum, and since Belly Drum only takes one turn to set up, Azumarill can easily turn into an extremely threatening sweeper, especially with +1 priority Aqua Jet. Play Rough is for STAB coverage, and Knock Off is extremely useful to remove items that would create a win situation for the other side(ex. Eviolite Chansey), plus, nothing really likes taking a Knock Off on the swithc, especially a +6 Knock Off, so it's my go to move whenever I predict a switch but aren't sure what to do.

xXx_SpikyWeed (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 40 Atk / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

To complete our three type core and beat opposing Azumarills, I use Ferrothorn. Ferrothorn is amazing defensively, and is a great hazard layer to boot. (NOTE: the EVs are a bit wacky, I've heard, but I don't know what to change them to, so plz try to focus on that first) Spikes and Leech Seed are fairly self explanatory, being hazards Ferrothorn can lay down. Gyro Ball is most likely Ferrothorn's most useful attacking move. It does a ton of damage to all the fast Pokemon that don't resist it, and most fast opponents, for some reason, like to stay into it and get oneshotted by it, so it's been really useful for dealing with opposing Pokemon. Power Whip is to hit the Water and Electric types that resist Gyro Ball, like the Azumarill that plagues MegaCX, as well as Pokemon like Manaphy, Starmie, Raikou, etc.
Like I said, EVs. Please look into them, they're probably bad.

These next two Pokemon can't really work too well without each other, but togehter, they're excellent at supporting the rest of the team.

By now, you should know where this is going. Tyranitar sets up sand, Excadrill sweeps in sand. Wihtout further ado, let's get into our sets.

xXx_OBEY (Tyranitar) @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Ice Beam

xXx_DeySeeMeDrillin (Excadrill) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head

Tyranitar runs the usual Sand support set, and can also set up Stealth rocks as well. I use Stone Edge for a STAB Rock move, and as my primary way of killing Talonflame. I run Crunch over Pursuit since in my days of battling, I haven't found too many things I can Pursuit Trap, so I just run Crunch instead. Yeah. :/ Ice Beam is amazing, I've surprised and OHKOed a lot of Landos with this one move. No one expects it somehow when they switch in a Lando or Gliscor into TTar, so hey, that's a free kill, we take those.
Excadrill is most importantly a hazard remover for Charizard to be albe to come in safely, but also acts as a sand sweeper. EQuake + Iron Head is pretty much only walled by Skarmory(Although I'm probably forgetting a Pokemon or two ^^'), so it's perfect for creating a win condition under sand, and Swords Dance only helps with that.
Also there are 4 EVs missing. Derp

xXx_loominaty (Thundurus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Knock Off
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt

Thundurus really round out this team well. Priority Thunder Wave as well as Knock Off is really beneficial, especially for Azumarill, who appreciates any speed control it can get. TBolt is a solid STAB Electric, which pairs well with HP Ice, an amazing move that surprises and OHKOs a few Pokemon, like Lando-T, Gliscor(who I REALLY hate), and Garchomp. Excellent for pretty much anything that switches in on T. Wave. Knock Off is the final move, to do really heavy damage against Psychic types and Knock Off items.

Threats:
I personally regard Rotom-W as a big threat to this team, Ferrothorn can't beat it reliably due to Will-o-Wisp, and can do a huge chunk of damage to most of my Pokemon.
Tyranitar is pretty good at halting Talonflame in general, but once Ttar is dead, there's not much that can stop it if it's already boosted. Extra scary if Azumarill is already dead as well.
...I probably missed a few, so feel free to chime in with what you think are threats to this team!

Also, please don't criticize my nicknames. Really. Also, I'm freaking serious, this peaked at 1420. 1420 - 1000 (starting value) = 420. That's not a d@mn lie, so don't ask, just bask in the beauties of coincidences.

Last edited:
Hey catking101, this team is dank as hell man, but it suffers a lot against common stuff that Sand Offense builds generally hate, namely Keldeo and M-Lopunny. It also struggles with Bisharp which you have not only have no reliable switch-ins to if Stealth Rock are up, and it also can get up a free Swords Dance on your Ferrothorn and potentially sweep if it wins a few 50/50s. Thundurus also is something really annoying to your team if it carries Focus Blast or Superpower since it can take out Tyranitar and weakened Ferrothorn, as well as Excadrill since you don't carry Rock coverage, as well as Charizard-X if Stealth Rock are up. Lastly, Serperior is also very threatening if it has HP Fire since it can Leaf Storm on Tyranitar or Azumarill and OHKO everything very easily at +2 with hazards up. My rate will be focused on fixing these issues while also keeping up the offensive presence and synergy of your team.

First, to help with your weakness to Bisharp, you should run Keldeo > Azumarill. Keldeo still checks Weavile, Feraligatr, and M-Gyarados, but also checks opposing Belly Drum Azumarill which is a huge threat to your team. With Choice Specs Hidden Power Electric, it can also 2HKO Slowbro to support Charizard-X and Excadrill. You should also run Amoonguss > Ferrothorn to help with your weakness to M-Lopunny, Keldeo, and M-Diancie that run Hidden Power Fire. Amoonguss still checks Slowbro, as well as takes on Azumarill more reliably since Choice Band Superpower destroys Ferrothorn, while also checking Serperior, Thundurus, and Clefable.

Onto your sand core, you should run Air Balloon > Life Orb on Excadrill to allow you to chip away at Landorus-T more for Charizard-X, as well as help you Rapid Spin more reliably for Charizard-X and Thundurus. Your ground immunities are also Charizard, which loses it when it Mega Evolves, and Thundurus, which doesn't like switching into Landorus-T, Garchomp, Excadrill, etc. You should also run Rock Slide > Swords Dance on Excadrill to allow you to hit M-Pinsir, Volcarona, Talonflame, Thundurus, and Charizard, which your team really needs a secondary check to. Next, you should run Chople Berry > Smooth Rock on Tyranitar to help it check Hoopa-U, Gengar, Thundurus, and Alakazam much more efficiently. With Excadrill not running Swords Dance anymore, the extra turns of sand aren't too necessary. You should also run Pursuit > Crunch on Tyranitar since it's your sole check to the Latis, and Pursuit allows you to get rid of them for Keldeo, as well as chip at Heatran switches to support your Charizard-X.

Lastly, since Keldeo + Sand Rush Excadrill deal with a majority of the speed boosters in the tier such as Charizard-X, Dragonite, M-Altaria, M-Gyarados, Volcarona, etc., you can afford to change up your Thundurus set a bit to help wallbreak and support your team. So, you should either run a set of Nasty Plot / Thunderbolt / Focus Blast / Hidden Power Ice on Thundurus, or run Defiant Thundurus with Knock Off / Thunderbolt / Superpower / Grass Knot. Both help break balance and wear down Hippowdon so it can't check Charizard-X anymore, but with Grass Knot you also Quagsire which walls Charizard-X and Excadrill. Nasty Plot howevers grants you a better matchup against a majority of bulkier teams, allow you to beat non-Unaware Clefable, but lose to Quagsire. You can try out both and see which one you prefer.

EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 240 HP / 124 Def / 128 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Clear Smog

xXx_OBEY (Tyranitar) @ Chople Berry
Relaxed Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam

xXx_DeySeeMeDrillin (Excadrill) @ Air Balloon
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

xXx_loominaty (Thundurus) @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 240 HP / 124 Def / 128 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Clear Smog

xXx_OBEY (Tyranitar) @ Chople Berry
Relaxed Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam

xXx_DeySeeMeDrillin (Excadrill) @ Air Balloon
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

xXx_loominaty (Thundurus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 84 Atk / 172 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Knock Off
- Thunderbolt
- Superpower
- Grass Knot

Hope i was able to help!

Actually, I'm pretty sure this really wacky Ferrothorn set can beat M-Lopunny 1v1(if Rocky Helmet is on, I should probably change it to that), as well as beating Scarf Keldeo 1v1, too. Somehow. Just run the calcs.

But anyways, awesome rate, can't wait to try this out. How are you always the first guy to get to my RMTs?? Anyway, see you around!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)