BW OU Monster

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Sup.

Its been a long time since I last RMT’d a team (one year and a half I believe), and I’m here again, still kicking it in BW. I might have wrote a lot of stuff, so here’s a song to make your reading better, hopefully.

So why this team ? Well, I feel like it carries my soul. Like, I mean, when I play this team, it’s a little bit like wallowing in my favorite sofa, or coming back home after long journey. In a nutshell, I marked this kind of teams as my territory so hard, that it smells my pee for miles around.

Disclaimer : Yo, I’m not claiming that I’m the original creator of any of these sets, so get the fuck off my face with your shitty jokes (bar Breloom FP/FG, honnestly, that’s my shit dudes). However, my team has a pattern, that I think is present in a lot of my builds.

The team smells french too (I guess most of you would consider it as a downside though), and it somehow reminds me of an Ojama team I played during my first WCOP (I RARELY play teams that are not mine). That was like Chomp/Keldeo/Latias/Tran/Jira/Nite… something like that. Basically that’s where I got the idea to put Scarftran, but the sets were different. If you check the games France played back then, you’ll notice a lot of Scarftrans (some being better at training it than others, uh Cicada), SD Chompers and Twave Latias.

AND NANAR.

I was torn between RMT’ing this team, and RMT’ing another bulky offense team with OTR Reuniclus. In the end, McMeghan told me that this team was awesome, so it would have been a shame to not exploit the hype that this overrated player could bring upon my RMT.

Especially when you consider that it’s very hard to take him away from the lame stally shit that he usually plays.

So, in terms of “achievements”, I don’t have a lot to show off, I played it from time to time during tours (I never “spam” a single team), and so far, I think that I never lost with this team. Same goes for McMeghan as far as I know. Boudouche played the team once, and got buttraped by a Chandelure (too bad I didn’t find the replay), but that’s mostly due to him being a bad player overall.

So yea, here are some little replays because I have no holy molly peak to show off this time ;-;

Replays :

Me Vs. Gr8stard for ST (I believe it was semis)

I’m not gonna lie, this game isn’t particularly interesting. Like, the match-up is really one-sided. I swear that I had no idea what gr8 would bring, and he totally caught me off guard by playing a Sun (which I believe, is really far from his usual playstyle). Bringing Sun against me is like a 50/50 imo. Well, playing Sun is like a 50/50 anyway so whatever. He trades his Steel early for my Chomper, which isn’t bad, but opens him for Latias later. Gyarados did a decent job given the situation (it was impossible to sweep), by checking the Victini Bander. I really don’t take any credit for this win to be honest, and I even mini choke by “risking” the speed tie at some point, which was not needed.

McMeghan Vs. Masterclass for ST (maybe quarters, not sure)

A more interesting game. Typical Masterclass whining about the match-up right off the bat, but I don’t think that it was that horrible. He lets Roserade die pretty much for free, which allows MCM to sleep another pokemon, the game would have been much more complicated else, especially if Roserade would have been able to Sleep Powder someone. I guess Masterclass was caught offguard by the Breloom and did not want to switch his Landorus-T Scarf into a possible Life Orb boosted Bullet Seed. It features another mini choke, with MCM mach punching the Skarmory in the end for no reason, when Spore was free, what a sucker.

Me Vs. Edgar for ST, early rounds

Offense vs offense in this one. The Twave Latias comes big on the Alakazam, but I guess you can’t out-mexican a mexican. I don’t get any para, and it comes down to Breloom’s bulk. Honnestly, I thought I was done for.

Me Vs. Liptonic for ST, early rounds

Not an amazing battle, my opponent brings something really weird, and not solid to be honest. But my team does pretty well against the “random” playstyle, that’s why I use it a lot in the first rounds.

Me Vs Toxzn for ST, Round 1

It showcases the matchup vs Rain Offense. The Forretress suicide lead set was obvious as fuck, and thanks to that, I took a good start. The game was pretty much done then I only needed to take care of Dragonite. He lets it die on a Draco Meteor thinking that it will open me for a Thundurus-T sweep. But the boosted priorities from my pokemons were here to cover my back. Even the freeze wasn't enough at this point to stop me.

McMeghan Vs. PDC for ST, no idea what round it was

Due to Landorus-T having HP Ice and not Stone Edge, Gyarados turns out to be a massive threat. McMeghan decides to set it up early, given how good the match-up was, there was no reason to not press the advantage. PDC didn’t play around it optimaly and lose more than he should have. I guess it would have been a 2 for 1 anyway.

McMeghan Vs. Dice for ST, round ?

Dice’s team looks hella Breloom weak, so it’s only natural that he brings a Lum berry Latios, which costs McMeghan the momentum early on. The crit on Latios was lame, if it had Roost, I suspect it to be CM 3Atks with Surf though, given the item and the switch out of Scizor. I think the match-up was still in McMeghan’s favor anyway. Paralyzing Jirachi was both good and bad. I helps for a Scizor sweep (which would have been really easy to set-up) since it was probably a CM Jirachi, and I guess it also helps for a Gyarados sweep, which was definitely what McMeghan was going for. On the other hand, it would make Breloom really hard to use, because Dice would be then able to bring Jirachi on a Spore. I think I would have Roosted here to be honest (and then maybe ThunderWave), but it probably doesn’t matter in the long term.

Another play that I wouldn’t have made, was bringing Garchomp on the Jirachi turn 18. Let’s assume Scizor’s U-Turn does not kill because it actually depends on Jirachi’s bulk, and if Breloom’s rolls were low or not. I’d have went to Gyarados because, chances are that Jirachi was HP Fire, and if it was not, then it could not stop a Scizor’s sweep. Nobody could switch on Gyarados’ Waterfall, so I assume that Dice’s move would have been to stay and attack. So I guess, again, whether or not he lives this Waterfall would have been up to a roll but it would not have used Thunderbolt anyway (and still, with Tbolt and not HP Fire, Scizor would have set-up here and win). So let’s say Jirachi dies in two hits, and, worst case scenario, it hits Gyarados with a Psychic. Dice would have went to Terrakion and McMeghan would be spamming Waterfall to not let Dice set-up. In this case, you don’t have to be afraid of a Substitute Salac because Bullet Punch is still available. Then, Gyarados dies to Stone Edge or whatever, you go to Scizor, Bullet Punch, and if he switched out, you can set-up for free !

Forcing Hippowdon to Whirlwind you was not a bad move though, it just stalls a little bit more the game, which isn’t my cup of tea !

*Yesterday's replays of Cristal winning the ST with this team :

Cristal Vs. Stathakis ST Round 4

First off, the crit on Heatran was a roll so I don't think that letting Heatran here was a good play at all. Just like letting Starmie on Scizor for the Scald burn. Anyway, the Breloom was a pretty good setup fodder for Gyarados, and there was nothing in the team able to really stop it.

Cristal Vs. Euler ST Semi-Final

See Gr8's game, that's basically the same team with Volcarona instead of Victini. I guess that's some "I'm trying to match-up you" team, and I'm happy to see them getting match-up'd instead.

Cristal Vs. FLCL ST Finals

This Garchomp's set does really a ton of work against these teams. Not only you set SR pretty peacefully, but on top of that you threaten everybody. FLCL felt a little bit stuck, which is why he tried the Scald burn, the Lum Berry cost him a lot of tempo here. The turn 15-16 was really important imo. Mach Punch was the play because it would put Heatran at least at a really low % and, if FLCL tries to sleep sac something he gets punished hard. Then again, the same Breloom set, and the same Gyarados sweep. The crit flinch matters, but I think that at this point, Cristal was in a really good position to win anyway.

Have fun with these, I just tried to bring every single replay I found, to show that the team has been working so far. It’s by no mean a metagame changer nor does it showcase amazing innovations or concepts, but I think that it’s a nice team to have in your builder, and overall, a solid option. You'll probably notice that it shits on Suns pretty hard, and on top of that, you do well against most of the balanced Sand teams that are popular nowadays.

Building process :

As everybody knows, my building process in BW is really simple : I pick Breloom + Keldeo, then add a Pursuiter, two Dragons and a Steel type.

Wait ? There is no Keldeo in this RMT ?

Yup, this time I went for Gyarados. Basically, I tried to recreated an old team of mine, based off Gyarados when it was really hype (a couple of months before the 2013 WCOP) and to adapt it to a post Landorus ban metagame. Back in the days, Gyarados was looking so neat, it was like taking a breath of fresh air. You could check Keldeo, Volcarona, Landorus, and Scizor with a set-up sweeper. And these are fucking big threats, definitely game turning threats as I like to call the likes of Volcarona, OTR Reuniclus, Dragonite, Gyarados, Keldeo, Landorus-Therian, Thundurus-Therian, Terrakion… These BW pokemons are by far the most threatening, and there is almost ALWAYS a specific version of one of these threats that could sweep your team if you ever let them have one single turn of set-up. Yea, if you play BW, you totally know what I mean.

So, to go along with Gyarados, I went with Breloom Focus Punch + Fighting Gem. It seemed really obvious, as it was a version able to break through Skarmory. On top of that, the synergy between these two sweepers is retarded, and they’re really tough to play around for defensive cores.

At this point I knew that I wanted to play an offensive team, so I kept on with picking members that were classic offense’s stuff.

The Team :

Wolfgang Grimmer (Garchomp) @ Lum Berry

Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 Atk / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
  • Earthquake
  • Fire Blast
  • Outrage
  • Stealth Rock

Welp, that’s your typical Lead Chomper. I had to pick between Chomper, Terrakion and Mamoswine. I admit that Mamoswine with Superpower to weaken RotomW/Ferro looks pretty tempting, but I wanted another pokemon able to hit Skarmory so I went with Garchomp with Fire Blast. Plus, you still can weaken RotomW just fine without passing on the SRs thanks to the Lum Berry. Lum Berry also comes handy against Breloom, and the other mons that could attempt to burn you through Scald or Will-O-Wisp. Mamoswine seemed a little bit too slow aswell, the jump over base 100 is really valuable.

On top of that, Garchomp typing is much more solid in comparison of Terrakion/Mamoswine, which allows you to not run Focus Sash without being a total kamikaze.

SD Lead Chomper is pretty dominant now, but I’m sure that in this particular team, it is better to opt for Fire Blast to force out Skarmory in particular. As for the item, you can toy with this slot if you want, but so far I didn’t look back at my Lum Berry once.

Kenzo Tenma (Breloom) @ Fighting Gem

Ability: Technician
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
  • Focus Punch
  • Mach Punch
  • Bullet Seed
  • Spore

Breloom is able to set-up on Ferrothorn, Rotom-W and Skarmory. These being the main Gyarados walls, getting Breloom in my team appeared like a no-brainer. This is the only version though, that can wall break a Skarmory.

That’s basically the same set, the same spread… and the same role than in my previous RMT.

The spread is here to check Keldeo effectively, while retaining enough speed to outspeed what is relevant, and enough attack to hit like a truck. This set works as : Step 1 = Spore; Step 2 = Focus Punch; Step 3 = Profit. Defensive teams will be struggling a lot, but overall you should be wary of defensive Landorus-Therian and Ghosts. These are the main things that can switch in without being too too bothered by the Focus Punch. Ghost can be punished for trying to switch in, but Landorus-Therian may feel way safer. The good side here, is that most of the defensive Landorus-Therians run HP Ice, which is a green light for Gyarados.

You can run calcs if you want, the amount of pain that a Fighting Gem boosted Focus Punch, thrown by Adamant Breloom, can cast, is retarded. Fighting Gem is the item of choice because running Life Orb would totally ruin the purpose of having a custom bulky spread. The Gem offers a lot of flexibility, dealing up to 42% with Mach Punch to an offensive Starmie, 56% to Chomper, 64 % to Keldeo, 43% to Volcarona, or 38% to Latios is really something that comes handy in a lot of match-ups. Since the set may struggle against some teams that are really fast (and with no Keldeo to set-up on), a boosted priority becomes Breloom’s claim to fame.

Obluda (Gyarados) @ Leftovers

Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 88 HP / 216 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
  • Waterfall
  • Bounce
  • Dragon Dance
  • Substitute

The main win-condition. The Monster.

Gyarados belongs to that category of pokemons that can almost always sweep their way through a team with little effort. And sometimes… it will be almost useless.

Fast teams may not let you the opportunity to set-up, especially these with Tbolt Jirachi. Else, it’s often a good strategy to set-up on the Scizor/Scarfachi.

You really need to be on point with your game planning when you play around with sweepers like that. Last time, a friend had an opportunity to set-up on a Scarf Landorus-T locked into Earthquake turn 3. He was too shy to set-up so early in the game, and it turned out that his opponent didn’t give him another chance for a sweep. Sometimes, you got to go all-out right off the bat. It’s an offensive team, so if you see that you can grab the momentum, don’t let that chance slip away. It’s always better to be in the driving seat when playing a team like this one.

At the same time, you need to weaken the classic Gyarados’ walls, and let the other members do their work.

The difference between patience and passiveness is key !

Classic set, I don’t have much more to add, if you want insights, go check the analysis.

Johan Liebert (Scizor) @ Iron Plate

EVs: 248 HP / 208 Atk / 4 SpD / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
  • U-Turn
  • Roost
  • Sword Dance
  • Bullet Punch

Same old shit here too.

The exact same set than in my previous RMT but I’ll bother explaining it again.

A choiced set wouldn’t have fit, I needed a flexible member. Basically, the last 3 mons are all flexible members. By that I mean that they fulfil a lot of roles, and give to this team real tools to switch around and exploit the typing synergy and the bulk of the team. This is what differenciates my favorite offensive teams from the chomp/loom/mie/nite/volc/zor that everybody and their mother use. I don’t want a chain a sweepers.

I’m not gonna describe how U-turn is a fantastic momentum grabber. Instead, I’ll insist on how +2 Iron Plate Bullet Punch can represent a cheap win-condition in case Gyarados falls off. I wanted the U-turn, and the Roost, but I didn’t want my Scizor to be too passive, that’s when SD kicks in. You may think that no one falls for that anymore, but if they respect the SD possiblity, it’s already good for your pressure. The headache when you have to deal with something able to either boost, or U-turn out, is real.

This set gets shat on by the likes of Jellicent and Heatran, but these are top class candidates for a Gyarados sweep or a Breloom appearance, so it’s all good. You can even beat Skarmory if it’s the last pokemon left (I have to admit though, I’ve never seen a game coming down to this).

Nina Fortner (Latias) @ Life Orb

Ability: Levitate
EVs:192 HP / 64 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
  • Roost
  • Draco Meteor
  • Thunder Wave
  • Psyshock

The second kind of glue.

That’s your Scald absorber, I mean, in this meta, you got to have one right ? That’s your typical Latias, prefered over Latios for its bulk which can be really important when you’re facing a Sun, an Alakazam or a Starmie for instance. I believe with this bulk you can take a +2 Sludge Wave, or an Analatics boosted Pump + Ice beam.. and this is damn interesting for this team given how LO Starmie can be a threat.

The TWave is something that I really love in my offensive teams because they don’t always have the backbone to take punches from boosters like Volcarona or Gyarados. They will surely be tempted to set-up on your -2 Latias, and the TWave denies this possiblity. As far as I know, the first time I’ve seen TWave Latias was during the last BW OST, when I watched Aqualouis vs Peachy’s series. When I’ve seen Peachy’s Latias Twaving Louis’ Venusaur I was like “what is this shit?”. But after trying it and Healing Wish, I changed my mind : running an utility move over a coverage option was something that could be game changing for some teams.

It can ruin the life of Scarfachi (and Scarf Steels in general), or Scarftar. It does sound like mexican, but Twaving something when you’re stuck, or as you die, can open windows for your sweepers later.

Heinrich Lunge (Heatran) @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 88 HP / 220 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
  • Fire Blast
  • Earth Power
  • Dragon Pulse
  • Toxic

The last “glue”. Another member who has a really good typing. If you look closely, every single member of this team has a really good typing to build up a defensive synergy. Heatran’s immunities and resistances are retarded.

I don’t really remember why I came out with this pokemon. I guess that I wanted a Scarf, but could not find one that would be really fitting. Jirachi and Keldeo, which are the main Scarfers in an offense, where not that appealing in my team.

I think that a Timid nature is best, I admit that it hits less hard, but at the same time, outspeeding +1 Dragonite is really important. I guess that, else, you have to force it into Outrage to deal with it with Scizor.. which sounds rather sub-optimal.

A Fire Blast spam in late can turn out to be a rather convincing win-condition against some teams, which is a good plus for this team’s arsenal. Do whatever you want with the other move slots out of Earth Power, I don’t have a strong opinion on that. I think that Toxic is really nice to cripple Tyranitar, Jellicent etc. On top of that it allows you to check Volcarona in a safe way.

I think that it’s the most flexible member of the team, and I don’t think that you necessarly need a Scarf in here, so if you want to toy with the team, you might want to try different things in this slot.

Threats etc.

I’m really too lazy to post an exhaustive threat list or a matchup overview. Some defensive teams are hard to break through, and some teams with a lot of fast members may be annoying. A simple bulky Lando-T + Ferrothorn + Rotom-Wash can play around my team nicely in early. You’ll really need to weaken them with Garchomp and to hold Outrage (basically, don’t Outrage as they switch to Ferrothorn).

Starmie LO is kinda annoying as you might have noticed, you need to play with Latias’ bulk and priorities because this version is easy to wear off. Switching around may be good (like between Scizor and Latias), but make sure a missprediction doesn’t seal the game. Opposing Garchomps Lead with Fire Blast will cause you troubles if they have the Sash because you might need to risk the tie to not fall behind too much (as long as he loses the sash by Outraging/DClawing you, you’ll be checking it with Latias). Be really wary of Landorus-T, because if they are RP/SD, then you CAN’T let them get the double boost because then, your only safety net would be Bullet Punch (meaning that you must deal a big bunch of damage beforehand).

As you probably noticed, this team only checks Terrakion offensively (well, it’s not like I could afford to wall it), so make sure that you don’t throw away or weaken Breloom/Scizor too much. Another pretty big threat actually, is an opposing Gyarados. Latias has the bulk to disturb its sweep though, so keep it healthy.

To conclude,
you might have guessed that I’m not really trying to get rates, I’m just here to share a team more than anything. Feel free to give it a try, and to make suggestions though, I won’t bite.

I think that the team is very fun, and “relaxing” to use. That may just be my point of view, but I rarely felt stuck or frustrated by a match-up when playing this team (as long as you don’t get counter-teamed I guess). The games are fast, but not as retarded as they are when you’re mindlessly playing a chain of sweepers.

Importable (keep the nicks, thanks) :

Wolfgang Grimmer (Garchomp) @ Lum Berry
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 Atk / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

Johan Liebert (Scizor) @ Iron Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Atk / 4 SpD / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Kenzo Tenma (Breloom) @ Fighting Gem
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore
- Focus Punch

Nina Fortner (Latias) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 192 HP / 64 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Roost

Obluda (Gyarados) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 88 HP / 216 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Waterfall
- Bounce

Heinrich Lunge (Heatran) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 88 HP / 220 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Toxic

Thanks for reading and if you loved it then you gotta put a luvdisc on it.

Last edited:

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
hey bud

i can certainly say that this team is incredibly annoying to place against first-hand, not only does it flow together very well / apply great pressure, but it also has a beautiful color scheme :p.

but for fixes, you've noted you have trouble breaking balanced cores of stuff like lando + rotom-w + ferro / other defensive cores. it also doesn't really like hazards either, so minimizing that would probably be one of the best options for you. replacing a member isn't really that much of an option because that would just ruin it, but instead i would switch up a set to maybe lure these threats / kill them a bit easier. i think changing garchomps set to a dragon gem rash variant would help in koing stuff like landorus / hippo / rotom-w / ferro etc and breaking cores in general.

set:
Garchomp @ Dragon Gem
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

calcs:
252+ SpA Dragon Gem Garchomp Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Hippowdon: 354-417 (84.2 - 99.2%)
252+ SpA Dragon Gem Garchomp Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 327-385 (85.8 - 101%)
252+ SpA Garchomp Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 208+ SpD Ferrothorn: 280-332 (79.5 - 94.3%)
252+ SpA Dragon Gem Garchomp Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 256-303 (84.4 - 100%)
252+ SpA Dragon Gem Garchomp Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Jellicent: 259-306 (64.2 - 75.9%)

really all i have for you, good team w/ a good setup. good luck!

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
hey bud

i can certainly say that this team is incredibly annoying to place against first-hand, not only does it flow together very well / apply great pressure, but it also has a beautiful color scheme :p.

but for fixes, you've noted you have trouble breaking balanced cores of stuff like lando + rotom-w + ferro / other defensive cores. it also doesn't really like hazards either, so minimizing that would probably be one of the best options for you. replacing a member isn't really that much of an option because that would just ruin it, but instead i would switch up a set to maybe lure these threats / kill them a bit easier. i think changing garchomps set to a dragon gem rash variant would help in koing stuff like landorus / hippo / rotom-w / ferro etc and breaking cores in general.

set:
Garchomp @ Dragon Gem
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

calcs:
252+ SpA Dragon Gem Garchomp Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Hippowdon: 354-417 (84.2 - 99.2%)
252+ SpA Dragon Gem Garchomp Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 327-385 (85.8 - 101%)
252+ SpA Garchomp Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 208+ SpD Ferrothorn: 280-332 (79.5 - 94.3%)
252+ SpA Dragon Gem Garchomp Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 256-303 (84.4 - 100%)
252+ SpA Dragon Gem Garchomp Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Jellicent: 259-306 (64.2 - 75.9%)

really all i have for you, good team w/ a good setup. good luck!
The suggestion is interesting, and also has the merit of not letting SpD Skarmory set up Spikes easily. But at the same time, I'm not sure that it would totally fix my issue. As I said, the only problem I got against these balanced cores is if I Outrage as they go to Ferrothorn. I feel like here, it's just almost the same, if I DM into a Ferrothorn then I lose momentum. I don't really care about Landorus-T alone and Hippowdon because the first one represents a set-up fodder for Gyarados, and Breloom can come on the second one.
I mean, yes, against defensive cores, it would be an improvement. But I feel like I'd drop a lot of utility and, lose a bit on the other match-ups. The Lum Berry is really valuable, and being slow kinda annoys me.
Finally, against Rotom-W (and that's arguably the most important defensive pokemon to weaken for Gyarados), this set does not perform too well. I can't 2HKO the classic SpD version with the Gem, which means that I'll lose tempo. With a simply physical + Lum version, I can just Outrage if he's reckless with RotomW, and now he'll be forced to switch out because it always 2HKO.

Thanks for the idea though. I do think that the special set is way better in some match-ups ( fantastic vs defensive teams), but I also believe that overall, the version I use is more stable in terms of achievements for my other sweepers (it does ok vs defensive + offensive teams).
I think that it's a nice set to mention as an alternative.

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Absolutly amazing team that I loved using when I got the occasion to. Probably one of the first weatherless team I genuinely like in BW, especially love how it owns Sun, which is quite the fit for Weatherless teams.

Only suggestions would be running HP Ice over Dragon Pulse on Heatran to hit Dnite/Chomp(/Mence) harder, but DPulse isn't too bad here since Tran is often a good finisher and the power brought by DPulse is interesting; and going with a Jolly Nature on Gyarados to outspeed Scarf Keldeo (especially)/Terrakion at +2, but at the same time, the power bought by Adamant is so appreciated in your team so I guess it's up to preferences!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)