MORTAL KOMBAT!!!

Hey Guys its Reiko! with my 2nd OU RMT! So fuck the intro lets get into the team...

THE TEAM

Noob Saibot (Tyranitar) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Atk / 136 SAtk
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Crunch
- Counter

I know what your thinking. COUNTER TYRANITAR? WHAT?!?!? Believe me. It works. With Conkelldur thinking, "OH ohko drain punch. bye TTar." And then you counter with one HP puts you at an advantage and leaving your opponent mindfucked.

Ermac (Landorus) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

With a great base attack, U-turn, access to sand and Sand Force, Scarf Landorus is almost a no-brainer. Revenge kills almost anything and takes care of some pests too.

ShangTsung (Rotom-W) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This is kind of a wtf set. Its got the bulky moves with the standard evs. and some how it pays off. Thunderbolt over volt switch because powerful. W-o-W for crippling those pesky attackers. HP Fire. What the hell why not. It works too, on an unexpected Hp fire when they predict Hydropump and send in Ferrothorn does quite a nice chunk of damage.

Reptile (Gliscor) (M) @ Flight Gem
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Acrobatics

The mother if bitchness. Sand Veil Gliscor with flight gemmed Acrobatics. Jesus Christ.The only real counter to this guy is Skarm and i have like 2/3 checks to skarm so this thing is almost unstoppable. Not too much explaining needed because this is kind of a standard set anymore..

Jax (Scizor) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite

So me being the asshole I am, I used a Rotom-W/Scizor combo in the sand with the sand veil gliscor. Not too much to say about this big guy. He does too much work? He's powerful? Thats about it hahaha. max HP and Max Atk so he can live, and then deliver powerful hits.

Reiko (Latios) (M) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Specs Latios. My other revenge killer. This tears through teams so much. Honestly he puts the team together. Latios can take a few hits then deliver a draco, or a Surf. With that much power, its hard to take too many hits from him.

Im open to suggestions and i will test out ones I feel are worth it.

Team Stealers
Noob Saibot (Tyranitar) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Atk / 136 SAtk
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Crunch
- Counter

Ermac (Landorus) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

ShangTsung (Rotom-W) @ Leftovers
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Reptile (Gliscor) (M) @ Flight Gem
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Acrobatics

Jax (Scizor) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite

Reiko (Latios) (M) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Cool team. I LOVE MORTAL KOMBAT!!! NNs don't make much sense for the pokemon their being used on though. Otherwise very good.

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Rotom-W/Scizor combo usually requires them to carry volt switch and u-turn. Also what is the purpose of carrying 252 speed evs on gliscor? And hp fire is fairly common on Rotom-W. Otherwise great team

It's difficult to deal againts rotom-w with this team, especially if he is not scarf and has WoW. And wtf is focus sash tyranitar? 5th OU is a weather war, you can't just sacrifice your auto-weather just like that, seriously =(

After all, it's a good team (not very creative xD) i'd suggest change tyranitar item/moveset, and change scizor's moveset to Band (there are lots and lots of Tran nowadays and you don't have drizzle to cover you or even EV in Sp. Def)

To be honest you could use more descriptions in this RMT.
This team has too many problems with other Rotom W. Tyranitar, Scizor, Landorus, and even your Tom have trouble taking standard moves from other Rotoms. Latios can switch in but only to force a few switches as it could take damage from volt switch and do absolutely nothing. This team is also very stall weak because it lacks healing completely, doesn't have a enough offensive power to break through most stall, and lacks a spinner. Basically against any balanced team you will slowly lose to your opponent.
Your team is pretty much crippled once it loses gliscor or latios considering the rest of the team has no recovery and is slow.

Suggestions: I would add LO to your Scizor set for more power.
I would also switch counter for another move like fireblast, because after you use SR you'll probably take damage to render your sash useless. A tyranitar that isn't doing damage to conkeldurr would just end up with a +6 +6 conkeldurr stalling out counter if you use counter on the wrong turn. Its a cool set to see however if it works for you keep it. This team could use more fast Pokemon such as Scarf rotom, terrakion haxorus DD/CB dnite, virizion, or deoxys. Maybe another version of this team would work out better. Good luck

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
For a heavily sand-oriented team, your team is quite vulnerable to opposing Rain and Sun offense. IMO, your team would benefit if Rotom-W was made specially-defensive, so that you have at least one mon that can absorb powerful Hydro Pumps coming your way. It will also provide you a defensive pivot against Volcarona, rather than risking Landorus coming in on a Fire Blast.

I'd also recommend giving Rotom-W, Thunder Wave instead of Will-o-Wisp. Paralysis combined with Sand Veil will enhance Gliscor's ability to set up in the sandstorm, and will make it a true menace. It also lets Rotom-W cripple Volcarona / waste a turn ChestoResting.
Specially-defensive Rotom-W

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
252 HP / 8 SAtk / 248 SDef | Calm Nature
~ Volt Switch
~ Hydro Pump
~ Thunder Wave
~ HP Grass / Pain Split

Here's the set. I think HP Grass is more apt than HP Fire, since otherwise Gastrodon would be annoying to this team. Pain Split keeps Rotom-W healthy for as long as possible.

Your team is also vulnerable to CM LO Virizion, who can set up on a lot of your mons. Scizor's Bullet Punch and Scarf Landorus will not be able to revenge it. Your current Latios also has trouble revenging Virizion after it puts up a Calm Mind, so I suggest Psyshock over Thunderbolt to easily revenge this threat.

DDScrafty and Lucario is also problematic to this team. I would prefer that your Tyranitar was scarfed to check these threats, but then you would have to lose SR. So at the very least, I suggest removing Counter for Superpower to prevent these mons an easy opportunity of set up. I would also prefer Pursuit to eliminate Latios, which can also deal heavy blows to this team.
Lead Tyranitar

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Atk / 136 SDef
Nature: Careful / Adamant Nature
~ Rock Slide / Crunch
~ Pursuit
~ Superpower
~ Stealth Rock

Rock Slide steel keeps Tornadus and Dragonite in check like Ice Beam, while also killing Volcarona. Crunch lets you hurt Gastrodon, among others. I diverted Special Atk EVs into Special Def so Tyranitar can actually tank hits well.

I hope this helped! Have fun with your team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)