Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
so by hittng synch field, does that give me the frame i want to hit?
Inputting the nature of your synch will allow you to see what frames generate what Pokemon. After re-generating the frames, you can pick a frame to try to hit or determine what frame you actually did hit (remembering that you may have to toggle the Method between the Method H's. It's usually H-2, but randomly switches to H-1 or H-4).

well, ive been tryng since last nght, but the hitting the right frame is rather dfficult, as i'll randomly get IV's for a frame some 100-200 frames ahead of my goal, and the natures dont really match up anymore

also, does synch frame use synchronize, or s that something else?

Last edited:

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
well, ive been tryng since last nght, but the hitting the right frame is rather dfficult, as i'll randomly get IV's for a frame some 100-200 frames ahead of my goal, and the natures dont really match up anymore
The IVs are pulled from ahead, so that could be a contributing factor. As it mentions in the guide, you can't tell what frame you got when you get the synch'd nature since it pulls the nature from ahead...in reality, you might actually be 20 frames back.

Your best bet would be to calibrate without the synch in front to determine where you are. Once you get close to your desired frame, put the synch back in front and try to hit your desired frame. Keep at it; you'll get it! :)

With all this gen 3 rng talk I almost feel like I should get back to trying to do it... I did try it out with restarting my game(reluctantly) for the prospect of getting better iv pokemon to combat the rng of the battle frontier which with not that good of a team iv and in two cases nature-wise I managed to get a total of 3 silver symbols (battle dome/pike/tower).

so the PID from the nature is all i really need for it to be shiny? cuz f thats he case, i think im getting close.
ive got a vileplume that roughly taks 300 frames to work, and that puts me at around 1;24 for a semi accurate frame

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
so the PID from the nature is all i really need for it to be shiny? cuz f thats he case, i think im getting close.
ive got a vileplume that roughly taks 300 frames to work, and that puts me at around 1;24 for a semi accurate frame
The PID is what's used to determine whether it's shiny (well, together with your TID/SID), so if you land on a frame with a compatible PID it will be shiny. So, yes if I understand you correctly.

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
um, curious, is t normal for the delay on a sweet scenter to be near 9 seconds?
That seems a bit high, but I don't know what they are for all of the sweet scenters. It takes about 4.5 seconds for Oddish/Vileplume. If your calibration is telling you it's that long though, I'd go with it haha.

also, what i mentioned as odd is that even when synchronze doesnt take, personalities dont match IVs

and the sweet scenter im using is a vileplume, so its kinda unusual

ok, i got it so it makes more sense
ive callibrated somewhere between 1:24:1 and 1:24:3, and so frustrating, i hit 5351 twice, sooo close
with some luck(and perhaps the eon tmer for more precision.) ill have a shiny tomorrow.

if end up getting this right but its not a shiny...man am i gonna be depressed

Last edited:
its wrong, and im giving up for a bit.
31632 isnt my shiny ID, or something is wrong with the math, because according to RNG reporter, frame 5334 is one of my shiny frames. hit it twice, and its adamant, but it wasnt shiny.
so i guess ill have to wait until i can get someone to check my math for sure.
unless you guys might be able to explain what went wrong?

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
its wrong, and im giving up for a bit.
31632 isnt my shiny ID, or something is wrong with the math, because according to RNG reporter, frame 5334 is one of my shiny frames. hit it twice, and its adamant, but it wasnt shiny.
so i guess ill have to wait until i can get someone to check my math for sure.
unless you guys might be able to explain what went wrong?
Can you post a screenshot of your RNG reporter window? Using the IDs of 21295/31632, I'm not getting that 5334 is shiny. Did you check the IVs? If so, what did you get? I'd also make sure that your TID is 21295.

As I offered before, I'd still be happy to check your SID for you if you can get the Crobat to gen 6. :)

Last edited:
i hafta get pokebank first><, and here's rng reporter

and when using the method one emerald spreadsheet, this is the frame i hit(at least, the IV's)

Moderator edit: fixed the images 'cause they were broked.

Last edited by a moderator:
i hafta get pokebank first><, and here's rng reporter
Well I do see one problem, you are using method H-4, H-4 and H-1 are pretty much uncommonly used methods for wild pokemon. H-2 is the most commonly used so is pretty much the generation method you want to use.

Edit: seems the image broke again

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
I've never seen generating the results from 0, and that does shift the frames by 1 so that would explain why they didn't match up. I'd generate them from frame 1 not 0 (not that it really matters per se).

When you hit frame 5334, what Pokemon/IVs/nature did you get in the game?

The different Method Hs still result in the same frames being shiny, it just changes what IVs you get.

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
the ivs i got(when estimatng through the emerald spread) are:21/7/9/19/11/16
Ok. Assuming those are the correct IVs, you actually hit frames 5326, 5328, or 5330 on Method H-2...none of which are shiny for you, but are Adamant.

That spreadsheet doesn't apply since you are not going for a Method 1 Pokemon. Basically, if you're not going for a Method 1 Pokemon (i.e. any of the Pokemon listed here), assume the spreadsheet doesn't exist.

edit: That would mean, however, that you are dancing around your shiny frames, so you're really close! ^_^

Ok. Assuming those are the correct IVs, you actually hit frames 5326, 5328, or 5330 on Method H-2...none of which are shiny for you, but are Adamant.

That spreadsheet doesn't apply since you are not going for a Method 1 Pokemon. Basically, if you're not going for a Method 1 Pokemon (i.e. any of the Pokemon listed here), assume the spreadsheet doesn't exist.

edit: That would mean, however, that you are dancing around your shiny frames, so you're really close! ^_^
Just to add on a image to this

ok, so...
i want to use rngreporter to find what frames im hitting in order to accurately callibrate the eon timer, right? and by doing so, if i hit any of the shiny frames in scrying stan's screenshot, i can assume itll be a shiny?

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
ok, so...
i want to use rngreporter to find what frames im hitting in order to accurately callibrate the eon timer, right? and by doing so, if i hit any of the shiny frames in scrying stan's screenshot, i can assume itll be a shiny?
Exactly! :)

GREAT news!
ill admit, doing it with wild pokemon was a bit more trouble than i was worth
but i did determine that 5356 is, in fact, my shiny frame
who knew doing a legendary wouldve been so much easier though, as i got shiny rayquaza^^
thanks so much for the help guys

What are you trying to capture\hatch? Shiny Latias Bold 30/22/30/31/22/28
What is your target seed and frame? What is the delay of that seed? Target seed - D6030312, Frame - 15, Delay - 771
How did you verify your seed? Tried the Roamers method (Heartgold) R-46 E-34 which gave a delay of -72 when RNG said it was supposed to be R-33 E-36
If you tried and failed, what results did you get? Non-shiny latias Docile 7/31/29/28/10/14 (frame of 45 and delay of 684)

i used http://nuggetbridge.com/breeding/pokemon-heart-gold-and-soul-silver-roamers-an-rng-guide/ as my guide and my TID - 44759 and SID - 15112

What are you trying to capture\hatch? Shiny Latias Bold 30/22/30/31/22/28
What is your target seed and frame? What is the delay of that seed? Target seed - D6030312, Frame - 15, Delay - 771
How did you verify your seed? Tried the Roamers method (Heartgold) R-46 E-34 which gave a delay of -72 when RNG said it was supposed to be R-33 E-36
If you tried and failed, what results did you get? Non-shiny latias Docile 7/31/29/28/10/14 (frame of 45 and delay of 684)

i used http://nuggetbridge.com/breeding/pokemon-heart-gold-and-soul-silver-roamers-an-rng-guide/ as my guide and my TID - 44759 and SID - 15112
Sounds like you're hitting the wrong time/delay. Have you tried multiple times?

Sounds like you're hitting the wrong time/delay. Have you tried multiple times?
Yes I've even tried different seeds. What confuses me the most is when i do as the guide says and then check the map to see if entei and raikou are in the right spots or in the 10 +- from the delay its usually ends up in like 90 to -70 range of delay instead of being near 771 delay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)