Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Have an IV battle. That is, battle someone with the "Level 100 Single" option set and then calculate the IVs based on the level 100 stats which you can view during combat.

I did imput the sync nature into the RNGreporter. I think i may have found out whats going on though. Here is a example:

Method: Method j

sync nature: timid

nature: any

I select Gentle on my spread list due to HP:ice

Im starting to think i have to select the timid spread in order for it to Synchronize.

Am i doing this wrong?
Yeah, you have to set the Nature to the same as the Synch Nature for it to work... otherwise it's ruining the point of Synch. So I set my Synch Nature to Timid and Nature to Timid in my shiny Shaymin example.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Question about HG/SS abuse...

From what I understand is it possible to get to Lugia, advance your frames outside the cave by either walking or "detuning" the "Pokemon March Program" on your radio, then enter the cave (counting your steps mind you!), encountering and capturing Lugia, verifying it's IVs and probably repeating 10 times till you get it right because you most likely missed your seed the first time?

I'm talking about just straight off the cart.

It should be method 1 as far as I know. To test this, SR the game, catch snorlax, find out what seed you are on, and check what frame the snorlax is. It should be one of the first frames in method 1 or one of the first ones in method K.

Also, note what frame off the starting frame it was, because playing the pokeflute may affect the frame.
Snorlax, the interactable one in HG/SS is a method K. well the one i caught is

I have a wierd problem. I've tried a dozen seeds for hp fire shaymin from the wichu program, got my time, but the time finder will not return any spreads. Is it possible that not everyone can get an hp fire shaymin?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I have a wierd problem. I've tried a dozen seeds for hp fire shaymin from the wichu program, got my time, but the time finder will not return any spreads. Is it possible that not everyone can get an hp fire shaymin?
Not all ID/SID combos will give certain specific spreads.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Why are you getting a seed from wichus program and trying to find it with the timefinder?

The whole idea of wichus program is to not have to use the (slow) timefinder.

Not another seed, the frame. I've been trained to find your seed from wichu, then get a more accurate frame from rng reporter based on the year from seed to time, the delays, ivs, ability, method j, sync and regular nature, and max frame. It's all been working for me so far.

mingot

free agent
Hrm, that still does not seem like what you need to do. Insert seed into main seed box in RNG reporter, set Method J/Synch Nature and find the frame, then all of the rest of the information with seed to time. IE. No need for the seed finder. If this is what you are doing disregard.

That's wierd: It just gave me my coin flips. See with all the stuff I've been capturing, I've used the spread from wichu, and used that info in the seeds to time and time finder sections, because I was told that wichu's frames aren't as accurate as the frames in rng. Why is it different this time that I can't use the time finder? For example, wichu gives me a frame of 880, but rng gives me a much shorter frame >.<

mingot

free agent
Why do you want to use the time finder at all? If you have an initial seed you DON'T need to use it. It's for finding an initial seed. Which you already, obviously have. I can't help you with "whats wrong with time finder" when there is absolutely no reason you should be using it. You already have your seed.

Insert seed into main seed box (Seed(Hex)) in RNG reporter, set Method J/Synch Nature and find the frame after clicking "Generate", then all of the rest of the information with seed to time.

It really sounds like you are just making things more complicated.

He's using the time finder to locate the frames for method J. It's a lot quicker than scrolling all the way through the list looking for each frame. I explained it to him that way because it's just a general way I do things, it's not really necessary but more convenient.

Edit: And yeah I just realized that what I do doesn't make sense. It's easier to generate them that way, I just never used it before.

I am not making anything complicated. Also, Isn't it the seed finder that finds initial seeds? I use the time finder to get spreads for shorter frames based on what I recieved from the wichu program. That is all. All I wanted to know is why it won't give me a shorter frame.

:EDIT:

Beaten lol.

:EDIT:

Yeah but it always seems nicer because I get shorter frames that way.

mingot

free agent
What do you mean "shorter frames"? Honestly, wichus apps will find all frames that meet the criteria and once you have picked the one with the lowest frame the timefinder is not going to find anything better. Because there is nothing better. At the point when you have what wichus app says is the lowest frame for the desired spread the only thing you need to do is find the method J frame using the steps I outlined. Using the time finder _does_ complicate it and is a _complete_ waste of time. Even riddilinkids edit indicates that. But hey, if you don't want to believe me it's your time.

riddlinkid explained it to me. The thing is what I'm using isn't the problem; it's the fact that I'm not getting a spread at all from the reporter. All I get are coin flips, but a target frame.

mingot

free agent
What seed and what spread? The thing about wichus app is that it returns method 1 spreads. About 3% of method 1 spreads are not possible as method J frames. Generate as method 1 and locate it first just to verify everything is right and then try to find it as Method J syncher and no syncher. If you can't find it in either of those instances then it's just not possible and you will need to find a new spread.

mingot

free agent
Yeah, that's one of those cases where you won't be able to get it with method J. If you have not already done so, re-search with lower attacks, since you don't need 30 there. Good luck.

i was wondering(because i am using the method of ddpt egg pid (normal) if there was a way to see the pokemon ivs.... all it shows is the nature i choose and my second question was to get more answers less then 1200 as i get lots of answers over 20,000

and was wondering what all the other method it has under the choosing bar because on the post i read to see how to hatch shiny eggs it didnt tell about all the other methods

i am using my daimond

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)