Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

because the 99th is for the egg being laid. when a egg appears at the day care a seed is consumed for the IRN. If It hadn't been this way you could have hatched the very same egg again and again

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Er, could understand deducting a coin flip, but he deducted a happiness tap, which is 12 RNG calls and not one.

And lightning you might want to check the nature of that thing before you spend all that time and reset until you are happy with a probable nature.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
That's good enough for me :) Seems, though that you should NOT start on app 6 or you lost that automatic thing and throw yourself off.

Also, I am beginning to think that we won't be able to manipulate the IVs of bred pokemon quite so easily.

yeah I'm already working on it. So far i've gathered some info on how the normal seed is consumed:

-1 step you take = 1 seed consumed
-each 128 steps a further seed is consumed
-each time you turn around a seed is consumed
-if you do a lateral step 2 seeds are consumed (one for stepping and one for turning)
-wild encounter = 2 seed consumed
-sweet scent in the grass = 1 seed consumed
-sweet scent in the water,caves = 2 seed consumed
-also whenever any character (not just you!!!) on the screen turns and starts walking a seed is consumed
- something is said about opening the pokedex...but I really didn't understand
-when you go into battle a lot of seeds are consumed but after the battle the previous seed is restored. (that's great!)

EDIT : I haven't personally tested these above

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
There's something else going on here, I did a bit of experimenting with Azelf in which I fished for a pokemon to check its seed, Master Balled it on the first turn, then walked into Azelf's cave and caught Azelf and checked its seed as well to see how many RNG calls took place between these two events. On each trial I got very different results, from around 25 at a low point to a high of 151. There's something else beyond my control calling the RNG, as slight variations in the route/amount of steps I took (tried to take as close to the same path as possible each time) would not cause this much of a difference.

Time in battle does not seem to be a factor, nor does time spent selecting/using poke balls. There are no other NPCs at Lake Valor besides Azelf, who does not move, so that can't be it either.

This is just a guess, but maybe fishing does something to the RNG. Not sure, just a guess.

Trying to get a shiny scyther with good IVs and keep messing up XD

Oh well, have to try again tomorrow.

if you had any moving character in your screen (while moving to azelf's cave) it's definitely that.
also try scenting a pokemon instead of fishing it. sweet scent consumes only one seed while maybe fishing consumption is related to the number of trials / time spent fishing

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This is just a guess, but maybe fishing does something to the RNG.
The fishing occurred before I caught the pokemon, so it should be irrelevant for determining how many frames take place between the random pokemon and Azelf.

There are no moving characters; it is just an empty island with a cave with Azelf inside.

I tried the same thing Sweet Scenting in Stark Mountain right outside the opening to Heatran's cave (can't catch anything in the cave) and then catching Heatran. Different results each time, and there all I have to do is walk in a straight line.

To find my Platinum Shiny Spreads, do I jut need to input my SID and ID into RNG Reporter, select "Shiny Only", and search under your desired method?

EDIT: Also, I'd love to help out with anything I can. I'm reading up on this entire thread, and I understand the Emerald RNG quite well.

Syberia, are you putting 321 into the bar?

Also, could you guys set up the steps to find the Shiny Spreads? Like what to click on the Japanese App? And, how did you end up finding the SID? A Plat. AR code? If so, can someone PM it to me please?

So, I'm testing for shiny eggs. And, for testing reasons, I'm wondering... I know that the Poketech apps (Namely Coin Toss and Friendship checker) advance the RNG's frames by 1 and 2*Party Member amount, respectively.

Does that only apply to eggs? Or Legendaries/Rotom, too? Because I'm thinking of Emerald here, where eggs and Legendaries have the same spreads. Just clarifying before I test this more tomorrow.

I got one !!!!!!

ok thanks to jonny and everyone else.

Take the frame that gets a shiny, divide it by 12. take that number -1, thats how many times you need to double tap app 6.

The remainder of your ( number / 12 ) -1 equals how many time you need to flip the coin.

ex.

mine was 1192. 1192/12 = 99 R4

So double tap app 6, 98 times and flip coin 3 times.
Could you explain why flip coin 3 times?

What software do you use?

And does it matter where you scent/catch a Pokémon?

EDIT: Is someone willing to make a small Tutorail with (if it's possible) pictures, because I don't understand the Japanese program.

Yeah, I need help with the program too. Syberia: they are mode one.

Also, this method will not work for anything but making eggs shiny. The game has two different RNG. The Incubation RNG, which is for eggs, and the Normal RNG which is the legends and everything else. So, what we can do, is call up the seeds to make the egg shiny, then sit there and SR it, even if we move, because only certain things effect the seed for the IRNG. However, walking, talking, being near NPCs, anything like that all progress the Seed of the RNG, so we can't make shinies whenever on those.

I feel bad for the chainers.

mingot

free agent
I'll be working on updating the OP with some instructions on actually doing this in practice today. I will be editing as I go along to see how screenshots, look, etc.

I think what we really need to do right now is try to figure out the method for egg PID generation (the math behind it) so if anyone is up for starting to try to work on this any help would be appreciated. My personal goal is to get this into RNG Reporter to try to lessen the need for the the Japanese software being part of the process.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)