Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Hmmm........a quick rng question ....there's a option for skipping frames in desemu. Can this be used to rng high frame number spreads ?? Also is there a frame check code for platinum and hgss ??

Oh skeptics the answer to your question is yes.
So i can just put in 12345 for SID and still get my correct ability and gender and nature?

Hmm, I really think something is wrong with IV breeding flawless stats. I hit my delay and got the correct frame but only got x/31/31/31/31/31 adamant nature.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I really doubt there's something wrong with IV breeding flawless stats...

Does one of your parents have the same HP IV as the x you put there? Chances are you just miscalculated the parent's IVs, or entered them wrong in RNG reporter when you were looking for seeds you could use.

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok a question..I was rng'lng for iv's yesterday. I got my shiny egg,nature and ability. Calibrated my frame using my AR, then I took the ar out of my game, put only my cart back inside, started to rng. Finally hit my delay advanced the frame but didnt get my pokemon..my question is does using an ar (with codes on) andd then taking it out affect the frame or delay ???

When RNG abusing for Latias in Emerald, is the IV spread and shininess selected when you begin the game, or when you see the TV report after beating the champion? when should I hit my frame for it? (as in what part of the game)

barry4ever: Using an AR when prior not using one will only affect your delay range. If you hit your delay though, it shouldn't affect anything. What frame on that delay did you hit then if you didn't hit your target frame?

When RNG abusing for Latias in Emerald, is the IV spread and shininess selected when you begin the game, or when you see the TV report after beating the champion? when should I hit my frame for it? (as in what part of the game)
In Emerald the spread is selected at the moment when you pick the color of the Lati when your mom asks you. So when you hit A on "Red" or "Blue", that's when it is selected.

So I'm still struggling (quite an understatement to say that, 69 tries and still no luck) RNG'ing a legendary pokemon in my HG but now I'm at least hitting close delays, but not once have I hit my seed.

I understand not hitting it when my delay is off, but in all those tries, I've hit my delay four times but not my seed. I'm using PTOtimer so any idea what I might be doing wrong? This is really getting on my nerves now ;(

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
So I'm still struggling (quite an understatement to say that, 69 tries and still no luck) RNG'ing a legendary pokemon in my HG but now I'm at least hitting close delays, but not once have I hit my seed.

I understand not hitting it when my delay is off, but in all those tries, I've hit my delay four times but not my seed. I'm using PTOtimer so any idea what I might be doing wrong? This is really getting on my nerves now ;(
Was your second off when you hit the delay?
And what is PTOtimer?

Was your second off when you hit the delay?
And what is PTOtimer?
Typo, sorry :P your timer, TPO*

Hmmmm, how would I check if my second was off? All I noticed was that the seed was almost identical, just with the last digit being different :S (In the last one at least, can't remember the other three)

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Typo, sorry :P your timer, TPO*

Hmmmm, how would I check if my second was off? All I noticed was that the seed was almost identical, just with the last digit being different :S (In the last one at least, can't remember the other three)
Ah, ok. Then your second shouldn't be off.

If it was the last digit that was different, either your delay or your year is most likely to blame. How are you verifying that you hit the correct delay?

Ah, ok. Then your second shouldn't be off.

If it was the last digit that was different, either your delay or your year is most likely to blame. How are you verifying that you hit the correct delay?
Catching Latios (after I notice the elm calls are off) and entering its IV's into the Seed Finder function of RNG reporter (Downloaded the latest version as you previously adviced me to). Usually the first or second result yields both a similar seed and the delay, so that's what I've been guiding myself by to adjust the timer.

Dunno if this might affect something, but the way I'm going around it is: I set the time and date, hit both a and the space bar to synchronize the timer and the DS. Shut down the DS and insert my AR+cartridge. Start the game once the first set of beeps end, hit continue when the second set of beeps end.

OK, I'm trying to RNG abuse Emerald. I've confirmed that my savestate is 52 frames behind my target, so I used the frame advance 52 times. I collect the egg immediately and I find out I was one frame ahead of my target. So, I load my savestate, but this time advance it 51 times. Now I'm one frame behind my target. I've been repeating both of these things for about an hour now.

What's going on? This isn't even for the Pokemon I want! This is for one of its parents. :\

i was an idiot and accidentally saved on a missframehit mesprit (diamond). I killed it and I know I have to beat the e4 again. My question is, i do everything before i battle cynthia right? And how many steps do I have to do, do I count steps to cynthia aswell and move accordingly?
i tink wally92 and I are asking the same question so anyone?

Guess I'll just ask. For hatching a shiny egg in HG/SS, what do I need to do exactly? I do the Time Finder for the nature I want, then I get low frames. How do I advance them then?

4 frames means the 4th egg is shiny? Or what?

Guess I'll just ask. For hatching a shiny egg in HG/SS, what do I need to do exactly? I do the Time Finder for the nature I want, then I get low frames. How do I advance them then?

4 frames means the 4th egg is shiny? Or what?
Confirm your seed with Elm calls, and then deposit the parents. You don't need to advance anything. Frame 4 means that you should pick up the first 3 eggs, and then the 4th one they make will be shiny (so save in front of the day care man when he's holding the shiny one if you want to reset for IVs afterward).

Alright. And is there a way to RNG for shiny eggs in Emerald?
Very complicated and frustrating. Basically, you have to get the PID of the egg (only known way is to migrate it to 4th gen and view the .pkm file) and then you have to make a new Emerald save file and keep resetting until you get an ID/SID combo that makes the PID of the egg shiny. I was reading some guide on it earlier, link.

And I want to RNG abuse my starter in SS. Is there any way to do so?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)