Tournament Multi Factory Open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Mathy Frozoid RSB could we get a rule from round 2 on that if one side wants to play on Stours, that is where the series will take place?

the login server changes have made things unreliable in terms of logging on in case of a DC (ive been waiting for about 8 minutes to log into my account to watch a game that's probably over), idk if it's made the server any laggier but it seems that way, and i think a player (as in a singular one, shouldn't require both sides) should be able to be protected from that. the usual reasons you wouldn't play a rands series on edit: stours don't apply here, because bssf and bf don't receive regular updates.

Last edited:

RSB

Dreaming of a shore bordering another world
is a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Mathy Frozoid RSB could we get a rule from round 2 on that if one side wants to play on Stours, that is where the series will take place?

the login server changes have made things unreliable in terms of logging on in case of a DC (ive been waiting for about 8 minutes to log into my account to watch a game that's probably over), idk if it's made the server any laggier but it seems that way, and i think a player (as in a singular one, shouldn't require both sides) should be able to be protected from that. the usual reasons you wouldn't play a rands series on main don't apply here, because bssf and bf don't receive regular updates.
Playing on stours is fine due to the reasons mentioned about updates not being frequent with the factory tiers. If stours works better for you then it is fine if you want to play there but you'd still have to get your opponent to agree to play there as usual since the login issues aren't a complete block for everyone. In this case its more of a "main is having issues so play there at your own risk" but still works so we can't force people to play on one server or the other.

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
but you'd still have to get your opponent to agree to play there as usual
yeah im saying waive this part while the login issues are active '-'

since the login issues aren't a complete block for everyone.
there is no downside to playing on stours (the sets are up to date and i was able to log on in exactly 5 seconds as opposed to the 12 minutes it took me to log onto main) and there is the pretty epic upside of not having to gamble on both your wifi and the login servers if you disconnect midgame on main. if you want to take that gamble, that's fine, i'm not asking for all series to be forced onto smogtours, but if the pt of tournaments is to see who's Better at Pokemon and not whose combination of Router and Login server RNG work better, then this seems like a no brainer....

Mathy

at my puter
is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Do I need to do anything more?
nope you're good; any unplayed games get processed at the end of the week

1683302907756.png
New matchups:
Kakashi6915 vs Knele97
PikaPlayer vs Le Dieunnotor
Because it's so late in the round, these matches are automatically allowed an extension into the next round.
Subs are now closed.

yeah i used 2 different timezones in the OP because i was tired :( but the deadlines stand as written

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)