Multifaction Recruitment Mafia - Night 13 (Deadline: 17/01 10:00pm GMT/5:00pm EST)

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
the argument is that the fewer freelancers there are, the faster you get recruited, therefore lynching freelancers in earlygame is a good strategy
so idea means less chance of self dying while freelancer by reducing pool vs chance of eliminating faction early to give better odds of joining a winning faction

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
and loses out on "i weaken a faction i will not be on 66% of the time"

i'm not sure im convinced
we're voting him because he's up in here with this weaksauce push doing the cardinal scum moves of pushing low hanging fruit then accusing all his detractors of being wolves. after all, if he wants to vote a freelancer, why not?

Lynching freelancers doesn't increase the probability you get recruited when accounting for the fact that lynching freelancers kills them before getting recruited. Also realistically a freelancer lynch is a "consensus" lynch that the factions weren't going to recruit early anyway, making this move doesn't move the needle on any one player.

Lynch who you want to lynch either because they're an inactive or because they're doing something you don't like, this whole math about whether we should be lynching from factions or freelancers objectively is not especially relevant.

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I love this time of year. Many people do and for many different reasons, but for me it's all about tradition and family (which you can be born into or find yourself). I think no other game in a long while has proved as well as this one has that this community is a found family that deeply cares for each other. Whatever circumstances that brought you to Smogon and then more specifically into Circus Maximus, you have joined in this family. Welcome to all those new and those old, it's good to see you.

Now each family has their own traditions, and they can range from any number of sources. We have many in Circus as well, but I don't think any of them is as sacred or time tested than the billyroll. It's not just a way of getting an easy scum out of the game (because whether billy is village or mafia or anything outside those, he's always scum), but a way to come together and celebrate this game and this community. It's a friendly wave as you walk down the street. It's a warm embrace that says "Everything is gonna be okay." It's a sign of respect to William Martin Ills himself. A salute to one of our own as he exits the game.

And while many of us are scrambling for teams and strategies and whatever else we might need for this game, I think we should start this game off right. Start it off with a moment together. Tell each other that we are here now as a family to play this game, but more to enjoy each other's company for however long we spend in it. Let us all join hands, take a moment with each other, and say lynch billymills.

Thank you all for your time and happy holidays.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Martin is on discord claiming to not be recruited and be set up by the central agape scam fund

If we want to hit a faction for sure we can hit Sam, apricity or former

Going to bed but dm to discuss.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)