SM OU My Current #1 OU Singles, always room for jmprivement

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my current "main" OU team. It is about the seventh iteration of a similar squad, making subtle improvements as I go. Now its time to get some real heavy feedback. Something about teams I build, I always try to have a primary and secondary role for each PkMn.

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 124 HP / 16 Atk / 176 SpA / 16 SpD / 176 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

I have been on a big "anti-lead lead" kick recently, and I love the way that it works. Magic Bouncing hazards or status afflictions can totally ruin the opponents strategy on turn one. In addition to that, this thing has the ability to punch a surprise hole or two in the opponents team (they send in Tornadus to Defog, and it gets popped by Diamond Storm).

Tapu Koko @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog

This one is fairly meta, simply a pivot to create favorable match ups as well as force switches. Max Speed EVs and a + Nature with a Scarf may be overkill, but it is nice to have the confidence that you will be moving first against nearly everything. An additional bonus to this is it draws out Landorus-T like nothing else, which is easily 2HKOed by HP Ice (some less defensive variants go down in one shot).

Harry Peters (Hawlucha) (M) @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 92 HP / 248 Atk / 56 Def / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- Hone Claws

The Lucha, but a little different than the "standard" for a couple or reasons. First, I f***ing hate Zapdos. I have hated Zapdos since RSE. Because of this sheer hatred for it I put Stone Edge in place of Roost. The second change I made because I f***ing hate missing. With Hone Claws you still get an Attack Boost, alone with the peace of mind of 100% accurate HJK ans SE. Since I made the switch I have noticed its effectiveness increasing quite a bit. Some of this has to do with its primary role. While capable of sweeping an entire team, that isn't what I have in mind for it. I like to use Lucha as a mid-game hole punch to take out a key Poke or two, to make the endgame more smooth.

Toxapex (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 244 HP / 160 Def / 104 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Haze
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic

Oh Toxapex, what would we do without you? This one here is all about role compression (maybe a little too far) as it is simultaneously my Physical Wall, Special Wall, Hazer, Staller, and Defensive Backbone (lets be honest, it's really the only defensive bone in the whole shebang). While it can do all four of these things at once it causes a case of "Jack of all trades, Ace of none" syndrome, which is prompting me to consider making a major change

Serperior (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 168 HP / 16 Def / 56 SpA / 16 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Glare
- Leaf Storm

Yeah. This is here. I call it the "Inferior Serperior," because it rhymes. This thing is lethal, there havent been many PkMn in history that can threaten an entire team with Sub/See/Status and/or Special Sweep at the same time. This is the major change I have in mind, as I may go to an AV Tangrowth to help take some of the defensive burden of Toxapex (it would become strictly Physically Defensive at that point). I'm having a hard time committing to that change, as Serperior is so game changing.

Kartana @ Flynium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Night Slash/Psycho Cut
- Tailwind

I have an unhealthy obsession with Z-Tailwind Kartana, and Kartana in general. With this set up it is an amazing endgame cleaner. Once it gets that first KO, it's pretty much assured to get two more while the Tailwind is active (and ideally it doesn't come out until there are only two or three PkMn left to KO). I have also ran a Scarf variant with the expected success. A third setup I tried and was surprised by its effectiveness was with Fury Cutter Metronome. Once it gets rolling, even things 4× resistant to Bug melt like butter.

Well, that was a bit long winded. I like to be as specific as possible as I feel that it helps raters give better advice if they know the who. What, when, where, why, and how of the team.

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Hi - I'm locking your RMT for the time being since you're only allowed to post one team every two weeks. This is stated in the forum rules. I'll reopen this thread on Nov 10th upon request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)