SM OU My Enemy (featuring Necrozma!)

Viability Rankings!? I use whatever I fancy!!!

• Total voters
My Enemy

Hi everyone, thanks for taking the time to read this! I made this team because I wanted to try out Necrozma as it seemed fun. Hopefully when you all are done reading this, you'll all feel the same way and give the team a try! While I don't think the team is amazing, I've played a good couple of games with it and it's not too shabby. I'll link a couple of replays later to show the team in action.

Teambuilding Process

The team was built around Necrozma as I wanted to try it out for fun! It can be an extremely dangerous sweeper.

I paired Necrozma with Tapu Koko as I'm running an Electric Seed on it.

I added Dugtrio as it can trap Toxic users like Toxapex and Heatran and also Dark types like Tyranitar and Muk-Alola which can all stop Necrozma from sweeping.

I chose Greninja next as it can lay down Toxic Spikes which help Necrozma to defeat opposing Greninja 1v1 and also aids it with it's offensive abilities.

I added Celesteela & Venusaur lastly as they provide me switch-ins to a huge portion of the OU metagame. Venusaur also absorbs Toxic Spikes that hamper Necrozma.

In-depth look

My Enemy (Necrozma) @ Electric Seed
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 232 HP / 140 Def / 100 SpD / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stored Power
- Calm Mind
- Rock Polish
- Morning Sun

100 SpD EVs lets Necrozma take two Dark Pulses from Choice Specs Greninja after a Calm Mind boost, allowing Necrozma to defeat a poisoned Greninja. 36 Spe EVs are used so that Necrozma can outpace and knock out Mega Lopunny after a Rock Polish before it has the chance to use Encore on Necrozma. The remaining EVs are invested into Defense and HP with a Bold nature because Necrozma has no way of boosting its Defense outside of its item.

Tapu Koko @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Dazzling Gleam
- Brave Bird

My revenge killer. 192 Spe EVs with a Hasty nature allows Tapu Koko to outspeed Choice Scarf Greninja. 64 Atk EVs allows Tapu Koko to OHKO Volcarona with Brave Bird. The remaining EVs are invested in SpA so Thunderbolt and Dazzling Gleam hits as hard as possible.

Dugtrio @ Groundium Z
Ability: Arena Trap
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Screech
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Dugtrio eliminates Toxic users like Toxapex and Heatran and also Dark types like Tyranitar and Muk-Alola which can all stop Necrozma from sweeping. Toxic helps with poisoning stuff like Landorus-Therian and Tangrowth which helps Necrozma.

Greninja @ Expert Belt
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Toxic Spikes which help Necrozma to defeat opposing Greninja 1v1 and also aids it with it's offensive abilities. Gunk Shot hits Tapu Fini. Hydro Pump and Ice Beam are very commonly run moves on Greninja to hit Landorus-T and Heatran. An Expert Belt gives Greninja a lot more staying power, thus more opportunities to lay Toxic Spikes down and also stops opposing players from playing around Greninja by switching around to wear it down with Life Orb recoil.

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

Maximum HP investment with 124 Special Defense EVs gaurantee that Choice Specs Tapu Lele's Psychic and Hidden Power Fire fail to 2HKO Celesteela. The remaining EVs are placed into Defense to help Celesteela tackle physically offensive threats such as Mega Pinsir, non-Gravity Landorus-T, and Garchomp. A Relaxed nature is used to bolster Celesteela's bulk without cutting into the power of Heavy Slam and Flamethrower.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 156 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

The given EV spread and a Calm nature allow Mega Venusaur to take hits from Protean Greninja, Ash-Greninja, and Tapu Koko while also outspeeding Adamant Mega Mawile. It avoids the 2HKO from pre-transformation Battle Bond Greninja's Choice Specs-boosted Dark Pulse after damage from Stealth Rock and one layer of Spikes while also avoiding the 2HKO from Choice Specs-boosted Extrasensory with no entry hazards up.

Threats

Stall, while I didn't manage to get any matches vs. Stall, I think that the matchup would be bad.

As Shed Shell is now commonly run on Toxapex, Dugtrio is unable to trap it. However, with Necrozma's Electric Seed activated and after a CM boost, Toxapex is in 2HKO range so just a bit of chip damage on it is required.

Trick Room isn't an auto-lose matchup, but it would be tough.

Nothing on the team is particularly weak to entry hazards, but if the game drags on too long and they start to stack up, it will become a problem.

Replays

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-607234214
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-607285620
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-609867811
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-609869981

senaltx isn't my account, I borrowed it to play some games. If you see that account online, it probably isn't me. My PS! name is weirdo faye, if you have any questions, feel free to message me on there or post here.

People I'd like to give my thanks to...

p2: For giving me advice on how to make the team and I'm grateful for it.

Importable

My Enemy (Necrozma) @ Electric Seed
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 232 HP / 140 Def / 100 SpD / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Calm Mind
- Rock Polish
- Morning Sun

Tapu Koko @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Dazzling Gleam
- Brave Bird

Dugtrio @ Groundium Z
Ability: Arena Trap
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Screech
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Greninja @ Expert Belt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 156 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Last edited:
Well, nice team bro, i hav used seed necrosma lately too and it does p well, one thing i would suggest is switching gren up to scarf, as it just does almost the same job as koko while opening up the door for you to use Taunt Plate Koko, which increases your stall matchup as when chansey is trapped the most common stalls ( SPL stall and Ilikepinkmons stall) just lose to it, while that you can still keep that T spike on last slot on gren and set it up in need, hope i helped, sets here
Greninja @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Ice Beam
- Toxic Spikes

Tapu Koko @ Zap Plate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Dazzling Gleam
- Taunt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)