SM Ubers My First Competitive Team ( Kingdra-Pelipper)

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Mewtwonite Y
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 40 Def / 216 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Brick Break
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast

Choose it for his enormous special attack and capacity of KO a lot of Mons in the middle of the play, after kingdra in the rain have killed some of the other team.
He have his stab move plus Ice beam against dragon and flying type, fire blast against ice. And Brick Break for team with reflect/Lightscreen , and it can anywhere hit supereffective against Normal type. He often came after Pelipperr/Kingdra/ Tapu Koko, to hit hard.

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head

He came after Tapu Koko put light screen trying to use sword dance and hit against steel or fairy type but also ghost, or ko enemy already hit with shadow sneak.
He resist the poison type and fight, and also the steath rock of the enemy, he fear fire type but with the rain of pelipper I try to make fire
type less strong against my team.

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Toxic

He's very strong, i appreciate him very usefull in using regenerator and then hit hard against erb,Fight type but with is stba brave bird he can hit hard a lot monster and recover the recoil easyly. Toxic to make more vulnerable very bulky kyogre and groudon and i'm not very sure if not better to use earthquake instead of roost to hit beetter against Tyranitar and others mons.

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Def / 224 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hurricane
- Scald
- U-turn
- Defog

He start the game with rain for 8 turns, he improve kingra speed and i can switch with athor mons with u-turn. Very usefull and the base of the team. He clean my team side from spikes etx and can burn or confuse with his stabs.
Faible against electrics

Kingdra @ Shell Bell
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Dance
- Hydro Pump

He's boosted from pelipper and can become mor frightnening with dragon dance, hitting hard others dragons but also erb with ice beam. Draco Meteor and Hydro Pump to hit with his best attack moves more quickly as possible against everything it came out form the other side.
The very problem is primal groudon with Dought that stop the rain and water moves.

Tapu Koko @ Electric Seed
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Light Screen
- Thunder
- Volt Switch

Trying to use just until the end the effect of the rain: thunder never miss. He put electic terrain and he put light screen to maximize defense for the rest of the team. Drazzling gleam assure one more attack against the dragons types and volt switch give to te team more speed in the switches. He fears the earthquakes but he's bold and can make some problems against Kyogre that is so bulky

Thanks for your advice

The sets and Pokemon you have chosen all seemed a bit weird to me at first, but I think I got what you were trying to do.
Weather teams in Ubers really aren't that viable in my opinion due to the Primals negating weather when they come in and taking it away once they leave the field, putting a lot of sand inside the gears of a weather-dependant team.
The idea behind your team (Electric Terrain + Rain) is something I'm quite fond of myself, because it can dish out huge amounts of damage in a short amount of time. So let me aid you a bit.

The first member of your team, Mega Mewtwo Y, isn't something I'd recommend for such a team as you're using it. Another Mega Pokemon that is in the Ubers tier, but actually helps the team out by removing common walls preventing the rest of the team members to sweep, is Mega Gengar. It can trap opponents in an unfavorable matchup and straight up prevents Pokemon such as Lugia to stall the team out. It can't get toxiced, absorbs Toxic Spikes and capitalizes on the rain by using Thunder, hitting opposing Kyogres and Primal Kyogres especially hard, as well as Lugia, Ho-Oh and Arceus-Water. It can prevent statusing moves with Substitute and Perish-traps common stall-mons that would otherwise completely wall the team, exceptions would be Giratina and Mega Sableye due to them being immune to Shadow Tag.
Following build could be used:

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Perish Song
- Substitute
- Sludge Wave
- Thunder

The second member of your team, Duoblade, is an interesting pick in my opinion. I genuinely think that it can put in some work and I'm actually not 100% sure if it should be replaced at all. However, I do think that Aegislash, would do the job better here due to it having a more rounded out bulk and a Special Defense stat that can be capitalized on, giving it a far better matchup against the likes of Xerneas, which would, if Aegislash wasn't on the team, 6-0 your entire team. Gyro Ball hits Xerneas super-effectively and gets boosted by Xerneas's speed increase from Geomancy or Choice Scarf. Shadow Sneak is a useful priority move enabling Aegislash to ensure a kill on a weakened foe or pump in some chip damage before going down itself. Usually I would recommend a coverage move such as Sacred Sword or Head Smash, or even Toxic to punish common switch-ins such as Primal Groudon, but I wanted to stay true to your formula here, so Swords Dance would be the choice.

Aegislash @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- King's Shield

The third member of your team, Ho-Oh, is an entire topic of its own. Nowadays it requires a lot of dedication to use it effectively, it's as far off the more modern "plug-and-play" design philosophy from Pokemon such as Primal Groudon and Necrozma Dusk-Mane away as possible. Here it does do fit a bit, your team has enough hazard control to utilize its outstanding potential. But it gets held off tremendously by rain, because not only does it buff up its threats, it also nerfs Ho-Oh's Sacred Fire, completely working against the strategy of your team. So I really do suggest removing it entirely. A more than fit candidate for replacing it would be regular Kyogre. Kyogre is the best rain bringer in the entire game and I was surprised not seeing it on this obviously rain-based team. The build I recommend for you is a rather simple wallbreaker set using Choice Specs.

Kyogre @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

The fourth member of your team, Pelipper, is completely fine in my opinion, as it is the second best rain bringer in the game, gaining more from Damp Rock than losing (as is not the case with Kyogre). Pelipper is a nice benefit to the team, as it gets a slow U-Turn and Defog as nice supporting moves and also Tailwind to enable the slower offensive threats of the team (i.e. Specs Kyogre) to trample over the enemy squad for a couple of turns. Good luck for any team that don't have a Water Spout resist.

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Tailwind
- Defog

The fifth member of your team, Kingdra, what do I say about that choice. I really do not like it, as it does not check anything that the team would need checks for by now. It really is the fifth wheel. The team desperately needs a check for Primal Groudon, as it simply doesn't have one. A dual-dance set writes an easy gg for your team 99% of the time. And I'm sorry that it doesn't really fit the team's aesthetic and that it isn't entirely easy to use, but Zygarde Father form is needed here. The set I'll recommend to you is directly ripped from one of my best teams.

Zygarde-Complete @ Groundium Z
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 120 Def / 48 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Glare
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute

The last member of your team, Tapu Koko, is essential to the team's strategy and I really do love using it. In OU that is and not in Ubers, where it pretty much only fulfills the role of an effective anti-lead. Defog enables it to completely shut down opposing Smeargle, as grounded Pokemon cannot be put to sleep under Electric Terrain, it's immune to Nuzzle because it's an electric type and it removes any hazards layed out by Smeargle. Thunder makes it a soft offensive threat, it capitalizes both on rain and on Electric Terrain. U-turn is better than Volt Switch, as it does not get stopped in its tracks by ground types and Nature's Madness punishes careless switch-ins without recovery.

Tapu Koko @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Thunder
- Nature's Madness
- U-turn

I'm really sorry for messing so much with your team. But no master's fallen from the skies and I'm here to help you build a competent team, so feel free to ask any questions about the changes I've suggested.

Cheers mate!

hi, thanks a lot to answer me, i appreciate your advice!
What you said is true cause my team fear Primal Groudon, a lot. For this reason i tried remplace Mewtwo with Cresselia and i also Change Doublade with Lucario, what do you think?
I didn't wanted to put kyogre cause everybody use it and I really appreciate Ho-ho also if he don't fit in the rain; bu remember that raind doesnt last forever :D
I do reallly Like Mega Gengar so i will try Him despite Cresselia, but he we will be hit by Groudon!
Kingra he have to overspeed the enemy with rain and hit with hydro pump and draco meteor ( he do well his work ) and I really don't like zygarde..
I will do the change for Tapu Koko Too.
Thanks

i prefer to keep hurricane to pelipper cause never misses in rain and hit supereffective against bug and fight :) and let tailwind

so i putted megagengar and aegislash, modified koko with nat madness and the item. now hoho he have earthquake and roosT. And i change also a move of kindra for clear smog

So now the team is gengar aegislash ho ho, pelipper kingra tapu koko...i think i steel need a fight move to kill chansey and drak types. what you think?

So now the team is gengar aegislash ho ho, pelipper kingra tapu koko...i think i steel need a fight move to kill chansey and drak types. what you think?
No I think you're fine for now, Aegislash walls Chansey and if you're timing it right, Yveltal won't pose a huge problem too. I think Mega Lucario is worth a try too, but I think that it's a bit too situational for the team.

I putted also kyogre and Zigard but... now when there's a pokemon that's boosting I dont' have a moove to roar or clear smog it...what's the strategy against Primal Groudon with this team? And when i search a game the Computer said: that Perish Song and Slugde Ware are incompatible.

i had also some problems against ditto copyng my zygard boost and Ko him and causing troubles to my team

what to do against Giratina using shadow force? And a magnemite using recycle with oran berry and sturdy? XD

737373elj

Banned deucer.
what to do against Giratina using shadow force? And a magnemite using recycle with oran berry and sturdy? XD
Magnemites are guaranteed quirky teams: keep your eyes peeled and be aware of what the Pokémon’s abilities are and how they might be used.
Try your Ghost-types to prevent Endeavour.

Edit:
Primal Groudon: Switch-in Kyogre.
Ditto copying Zygarde: Switch-in Kyogre and hope Zygarde doesn’t KO you, Ice Beam will be your best option.

252 SpA Kyogre-Primal Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 48 SpD Zygarde: 496-588 (138.9 - 164.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Giratina: ...

Last edited:
Whoops sorry forgot it isn’t Primal.

You COULD try Zygarde-C.
This is the usual reason why weather isn’t used. ( ´ ▽ ` )
Zygarde Father form is a pretty reliable counter to Primal Groudon, although that Mon sometimes fails if P-Don carries HP-Ice, but that's extremely rare these days. Glare is Zygarde's greatest weapon, I'm trying out bulkier spreads with a pinch-berry and that works wonders in the late-game. Zygarde has mastered the art of putting enough pressure on the enemy late-game that it essentially snaps their necks, hence why I love it so much as it excels enormously on balance, especially on Toxic Spikes balance and teamed up with the infamous Yveltal-Gengar-core. Generally I think these days balance is the way to go, HO and other offense variants such as Webs and ever so rare DS-HO really aren't up to date as most ways of dealing with the major threats of the tier have been thoroughly established.

I played with the new Team that Ronneberg tell me to modifie: now i only have troubles with OP team like with the 2 Primals, Xern,Solgaleo,Rayquaza and Arceus....over power teams that I don't think they have a strategy but they're only many powerfull pokemon together but they still do many damages...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)