ORAS OU My First RMT! Mega Scizor Utilisation!

Hey Guys, so I'm fairly new to the RMT forum but not to the competitve scene. So heres a quick introduction of what my team is mapped out to do! As you can see from the title, the team is focussing on the beast Technician that is Mega Scizor!

212-1.png
Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

So I focussed on Scizor being my Mega for the plain and simple reason of how overpowered Technician can be once you get going. Scizor is effective in this team for revenge killing with the utilisation of Bullet Punch, but I mainly chose it to do a job of being a bulky physical sweeper, which I'm sure you'll all agree, it does a fantastic job of it! I went with my chosen EV Spread to make sure it can take a hit and stand up to do damage afterwards. The set I'm running on it is fairly bog standard. Swords Dance is particularly effective when switching scizor into opponents such as weavile, mamoswine etc giving you a free atk boost under the assumption the opponent fears decimation from bullet punch. Pursuit is again helpful, particularly when leading with scizor, for countering one of the most common leads in tyranitar with even more damage being dealt with technician. STAB Bullet Punch is fairly self explanatory; Priority is key, especially when coming up against the recently more common clefables and such. Again technician gives it a healthy damage increase. Knock off again takes advantage of Technician and is useful for getting rid of some pesky items, most notably life orb Latias/Latios, which it actually destroys in one hit.

113.png
Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Aromatherapy

Next up in my team is my trusty chansey. I chose Chansey to provide support to scizor incase of the obvious burn, as well as walling a lot of scizors threats...most notably heatran and victini. Chansey has helped me in more situations than I can count due to its pure bulk and ability to stall for days. Toxic is useful not only for damage, but it disrupts the opponents momentum as i found them switching a lot to prevent increased damage. Soft boiled is fairly self explanatory to recover health while toxic puts in some work. Seismic toss prevents taunt forcing me to switch and provides decent damage to defence boosted mons. Aromatherapy not only cures chansey of its status problems, but the main use of it is to help if my scizor gets burned to bring his attacks back to full strength. Eviolite just bulks chansey up a bit more, so i chose it over lefties.

647.png
Keldeo @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Icy Wind

Next to the podium is Keldeo. I chose Keldeo to bring a bit of balance to my team as a special sweeper incase scizor gets walled by things like heatran. Whilst providing a lot of speed keldeo is one of my late game players who can hold his own if required. STAB Scald comes in handy against other scizors and metagross as the burn takes effect more often than not. It also helps with getting rid of heatran and lando, whom are both nightmares for scizor. Secret sword is again useful against heatran and is also useful against a defence based chansey. I've also found it to take care of weavile a few times as the x4 weakness should assume. I went for HP bug here instead of electric as a common scenario seems to be my opponents switching into alakazams, uxies etc. Icy wind is to just lower speed of switchers and has also got rid of a few lando's and gliscors in the time of being using this team. Life orb was chosen to add a little more spice to his hits! The EV Spread is also fairly self explanatory to help maximise his Special Attack and make sure that not many can outspeed him!

196.png
Espeon @ Light Clay
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Wish
- Psychic

Coming up next is my espeon. This thing is an absolute saint! Espeon's ability magic bounce allows me to deflect sticky web's, rocks, spikes and sometimes even roars! I chose espeon to provide screen support as well as healing support to my scizor. Light screen and Reflect help scizor take hits majorly and make it safer for me to switch into scizor and not worry about him losing a significant amount of HP. Wish is again useful to allow scizor to regain health upon switch in so he is ready to go again with the damage. I chose psychic as a standard STAB attack for espeon to again prevent being taunt locked. It also chips in with things like conkeldurr and opposition keldeo's. I chose to max out Espeons speed as its vital for me, that the screens are able to be set up. The Light clay is useful to prevent me having to keep switching in and out espeon to reapply screens.

talonflame.png
Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- U-turn

Talonflame has been amazing for me in this team as both a physical sweeper and a revenge killer. I chose him for the gale wings priority allowing me to sniff any boosted brelooms out as well as fast keldeos and help get rid of any annoying ferrothorns which scizor may have trouble with if he's not pulled off a SD or two. He also provides good STAB with brave bird and flare blitz. He can also be a fairly useful late game sweeper for me. I opted for a jolly TFlame to outspeed other Adamant ones. Brave bird is so overpowered, and even more so when I attach a sharp beak to Tflame giving him 1.2x more damage guaranteed a 1HKO on Breloom and some keldeos. Flare blitz again benefits from STAB and takes care of excadrills and ferrothorns which scizor has problems with. I went for tailwind in this set. I tend to use it as a last call from talon flame as he bows out, or sometimes when predicting a switch from the opponent. It gives scizor time to switch in and use knock off first on things like latios and even trick pokemon such as scarf rotoms. U-turn is used predominantly the turn i switch flame in to scout any potential threats to it. (i once came across a rock slide dragnonite which was very strange!). It is also useful after a tailwind is put up so i can turn into scizor if the coast is clear! The spread on Tflame is very easy to understand why its been used. Atk to give STAB attacks more power, Speed- to outspeed other flames. The only thing that others would do differently is put 4EV's on Def i guess.

036.png
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Thunder Wave

Last but not least is Clefable. Cleanable is my lead more times than not. She helps slow down fast poke's to make it safe for scizor to battle and even get off a free SD depending on Paralysis. She is unaware to stop it being OHKO's by contrary Serperiors and the like. Calm mind is useful for boosting moonblasts power, which is in turn useful for getting rid of rocky helmet gar chomps which take chunks out of scizor's health each time. Moonblast helps get rid of garchomps, band dragonites etc. Outrage band dragonite has been seen a few times by myself and makes clefable a dead cert to switch into allowing even a free calm mind. Thunder wave is to help slow down things like lati's, brelooms etc so scizor has the upper hand on them. I went for the above spread to allow clefable to do damage while at the same time be able to take a hit or two!

I hope you guys enjoy my team!!! Feel free to comment and use the team :)

Skalaylee

I dont even realize everyone in my sig is being sarcastic
I think you confused chanseys SpD and Defenses up. Chansey has a base 5 defense meaning putting bulk on that would be close to useless. But chansey has a base 105 Special defense thats where you need to put the bulk.

Also you dont need a on of speed on TalonFlame since it has a priority move with tail wind to speed it up. Try putting some bulk on the HP stat to give is more bravebird recoil room.

You need a Defensive wall may i suggest switching Espeo out for maybe Skarmory,Slowpoke or Ferrothorn

Last edited:
I think you confused chanseys SpD and Defenses up. Chansey has a base 5 defense meaning putting bulk on that would be close to useless. But chansey has a base 105 Special defense thats where you need to put the bulk.

Also you dont need a on of speed on TalonFlame since it has a priority move with tail wind to speed it up.
No, it's quite common to put Defense EVs on Chansey precisely because its base Defense is so low. If you check its analysis, you'll see that putting 252 EVs in both Defense and Special Defense is the recommended spread since adding HP EVs to its already high HP is almost meaningless so you're better off putting it in defenses to help with the Eviolite boost. Also, there's nothing wrong with maxing out speed on Talonflame so you don't auto-lose speed ties against other Talonflame.

I'll make sure to do a proper RMT, but I just wanted to get that out of the way.

Skalaylee

I dont even realize everyone in my sig is being sarcastic
No, it's quite common to put Defense EVs on Chansey precisely because its base Defense is so low. If you check its analysis, you'll see that putting 252 EVs in both Defense and Special Defense is the recommended spread since adding HP EVs to its already high HP is almost meaningless so you're better off putting it in defenses to help with the Eviolite boost. Also, there's nothing wrong with maxing out speed on Talonflame so you don't auto-lose speed ties against other Talonflame.

I'll make sure to do a proper RMT, but I just wanted to get that out of the way.
I agree and disagree on the TalonFlame part but having a TalonFlame vs TalonFlame is to risky in general. Someone woould a good Def wall shouldnt have o take that risk. I agree it will be nice to speed up talon with those extra ev's but as a TalonFlame user i hardly ever keep my TalonOut vs another when i can easily switch into a wall. Not saying all the speed should be taken but some should.

I agree and disagree on the TalonFlame part but having a TalonFlame vs TalonFlame is to risky in general. Someone woould a good Def wall shouldnt have o take that risk. I agree it will be nice to speed up talon with those extra ev's but as a TalonFlame user i hardly ever keep my TalonOut vs another when i can easily switch into a wall. Not saying all the speed should be taken but some should.
The speed's not because you're expected to use Talonflame to take on Talonflame. It's for those "Oh crap" moments where you don't have a choice. It's also because Talonflame has terrible bulk in general, and if you're speed creeping to outspeed Tornadus-T, you only have 40 HP EVs to spare, and I don't think there's anything that 40 HP EVs will save you from anyways.

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hello, Amar1410 ! Nice team you have there! Onto the rate:

Scizor is the main star of the team from what I can see. You do say this is a bulky swords dance user, so I'll provide a moveset for you. It already has a high amount of attack, and one swords dance will boost it even more. The EVs allow it to have a good sense of bulk while still dishing damage.
-->

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off / U-Turn / Superpower

For EVs, you may just want 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD with a Bold Nature. The HP is high enough already, so just putting in investment into your defenses more will be better overall.

Nothing is really wrong here but if you want to get some KOs you may not get with Scald, have Hydro Pump over Icy Wind. Unless you need the coverage for the Lati twins, then run Icy Wind over Hidden Power Bug.

Espeon is certainly an interesting pick here. However I think you may benefit more from the use of Klefki. It has the prankster so you can get up your screens much earlier.

Klefki @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Fairy Lock
- Foul Play

I don't understand this set here too much. It seems more like the revenge kill moveset that runs a choice band. I'll provide two different movesets, and you can choose which you want.

Talonflame @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Steel Wing / Tailwind

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird / Acrobatics
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Clefable is a good mon, it is. However you lack a defog / rapid spin user for Talonflame. Because of that, I think Latias would be a much better option. It provides a ground immunity for Klefki and a fire resist for Scizor and Klefki. It is bulky and it still has an offensive presence.

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock / Thunderbolt
- Healing Wish / Roost

Hello, this section of my RMT is here because I do not want to make too many changes. here are some options you may want to consider. Of course, I have some threats to your team as well. These are threats I noticed right off the bat, and I have provided some tips you may find helpful when dealing with these threats. The potential additions have an explanation of what Pokemon it should be used over, why and a moveset(s). Feel free to consider these ideas if you feel the need to at some point!

This would be over Keldeo. It provides a spinner, which would lead to you being able to keep your Clefable. I will provide a moveset below.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump / Surf
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock / Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin

This thing is a pretty big threat to the team. Your best way to defeat this is to attempt the wither it down with your own Talonflame and attempt to get a KO with Scizor.
Rhyperior could be a possible addition over Chansey, being able to fend off Talonflame and provide stealth rocks for the team.

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Rock Blast
- Ice Punch / Toxic

This is a big threat to the team, being able to take on most of your team 1v1. Your best way of defeating this is keeping Chansey / Rhyperior alive and healthy for the team.

That's all I have! Good team and good luck! :)

All right, onto the rate.

First, as a general rule of thumb, whenever possible, you should always try and fit a hazard remover or hazard setter. Magic Bounce can help keep stuff off your field, but it isn't foolproof, and Espeon in particular is too frail to keep switching in. Hazard removal is especially important if you're using a Stealth Rock weak mon or if you are expecting to do a lot of switching. Anyway, onto the rate:

Scizor: You really don't need both Pursuit and Knock Off on the same set. They are useful utility moves, but they make for bad coverage moves. Thus, I would recommend switching Pursuit for Bug Bite. This gives Scizor a much stronger STAB move to use than Bullet Punch. You should also use Light Metal for the base form if you're using Mega Scizor. Technician on the base form doesn't really help you since you're likely going to immediately Mega Evolve anyways, and Light Metal at least lets you switch into Low Kick better (not a huge difference, but still more useful than Technician)

Chansey: I've never really been a fan of Chansey outside of stall because of how passive Chansey can be. Your team also lacks a Rock Setter, so I would recommend dropping Chansey for Rhyperior, which can set Rocks while still checking a lot of the Electric types in the tier among other things

Keldeo: I don't think you need both Hidden Power Bug and Icy Wind on the same set due to the minimal difference in what they hit and their overall lack of power. You would likely be better off dropping Hidden Power Bug for Hydro Pump just so you have a good power move to blast neutral switch-ins with.

Espeon: I mentioned this before, but given Espeon's general frailty, it's not a good idea to try and use it to keep Hazards off. Later on it becomes a very predictable switch-in and lead, making it easy to play around. If you want to keep Clefable open for offensive purposes and using Thunder Wave, you can replace Espeon with Latias. This gives you an offensive defogger that has good typing synergy with a lot of mons on your team. You can also run Healing Wish to give Scizor a second chance at sweeping, though Roost is also perfectly acceptable

Talonflame: As mentioned before, the set seems a bit off. Given that you have two priority users Tailwind seems unnecessary. Personally, I've always preferred the SD set, which drops U-Turn and Tailwind for Swords Dance and Roost, but given that your team already uses two set-up sweepers, it actually may be in your favor to drop Sharp Beak for a Choice Band and dropping Tailwind for Steel Wing. I'll leave the Band one below, though if you decide to use the SD set you can use the set Exodus Latios left.

Clefable: The spread you're running makes it a lot easier to overwhelm Clefable with attacks over time. You could switch to a Offensive Tank build, but I think it would do more for you if you switch to a more defensive build. It will arguably let it check a lot more threats to your team. The set I left below uses Heal Bell instead of Thunder Wave for status removal, but Flamethrower can also be used to deter Steel types from switching in. If you want you can try using Thunder Wave, but with two Priority users and 2 other relatively fast mons, I don't think you need it.

That's about it for my rate. Admittedly, you are a bit weak to bulky water-types, but I think you'll be okay if you keep Clefable, Latias and Keldeo healthy. Lastly I'll leave an importable here:
Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Bug Bite

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Steel Wing

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Heal Bell

Thanks so much for the comments guys!!!! as of now the following amendments have been made

Swapped Keldeo For

Starmie @ Life Orb

Ability: Analytic
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin

Swapped Chansey For

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Ice Punch

I've also modified scissors' set to:

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

Credit to Exodus Latios for the suggestions :) more to come :)

Alright,now seeing your things,Now I can get onto the rate.

Scizor:I can see that this is the standard set,and exodius latias already provided the moveset,and as sanger said,you don't need both knock off and pursuit at the same time,so I have nothing to say here.Although I recommend switching your EVS for 252 HP/148 Atk/108 Def and give it a lax nature for more tankiness.

Rhyperior:This set looks pretty fine,so I don't have anything to say.

Starmie:I recommend Using surf or scald over hydro pump if you keep missing,and recover over rapid spin is a solid choice,while you miss out a rapid spinner for taking out rocks(which is essential for talonflame's survival)If you do want to use the recover variant,then make it bulkier and switch out one of your mons for a defogger(namely Skarmory)

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Spikes

Espeon:This is a pretty weird choice,and I recommend the same thing that Exodius Latios said:switch it for Klefki.

Klefki @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Thunder Wave/Spikes
- Foul Play

I also recommend Morning Sun over Wish,as it gives you instant recovery rather then having to wait 2 turns to get the heal off.

Espeon @ Light Clay
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Morning Sun
- Psychic/Psyshock

Talonflame:This is a quite weird set,and as Skalaylee said,you don't need that much speed.Halve it,and dump it into a stat of your choice.Since you get priority with BB and most of your mons are fast anyways,you don't need it.This is the set I would use:

Talonflame @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird

Clefable:This set is pretty good,but I recommend you to switch out moonlight for soft-boiled,as soft-boiled doesn't depend on weather whitch can save your life sometimes.

Other then that,your team is pretty good :D(P.S I won't be covering the threats as Exodius Latios already said it,So I won't do it.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)