My VGC 14 team

My vgc 14 Rain team

Politoed Modest Choice Scarf
8 HP 248 SpA 252 Speed
Surf
Ice Beam
Hydro Pump
Grass Knot

A good way to start the match with great speed to support mhis comrades and can outspeed anything that isn't scarfed. Im aware of his speed being a weakness in weather wars, so I got some1 much slower to help with the rain

Heliolisk Leftovers Bold Dry Skin
248 HP 252 Defense 8 SpA
Charge Beam
Surf
Grass Knot
Protect

What?! Where's the speed and thunder. Sorry but this is a weird set, not a smogon forums paste. Anyway with rain and leftovers, Heliolisk is extremely hard to take down due to his invested bulk and the fact he regains about half his health per turn. The defense investment is for all dem mach punching, earthquaking, close combating posers (Im talking about you Garchomp) who think they can take him out. Charge Beam gives him a scary side to make him a bulky monster. Grass Knot help trip up Tyranitar and surf, must I say it. But why gamefreak, why you no give this weather abuser Ice Beam

Toxicroak Focus Sash/Life Orb Adamant Dry Skin
8 HP 252 Attack 252 Speed
Fake Out
Drain Punch
Sucker Punch
Taunt

This set is a paste from the forums, but you cant say I aint creative because my Heliolisk brings the boys to the yard. Fake Out and Taunt stop dem fancy-smancy TR teams. Drain Punch alongside dry skin and surf make this frail froggy stick around just a little while longer. Sucker Punch can help pick off weakened targets and TR setter that he loves to piss off. I need to experiment whether life orb or focus Sash is better

Scizor Scizorite Adamant Technician
248 252 Attack 8 Speed
Swords Dance
Bullet Punch
X-scissor
Protect

And here it is, the 6th gen generic mega of this team. Mega Scizor at +2...do me a favor and just give up, it saves time. Bullet Punch is obvious tech priority and X-scissor is because somebody in gamefreak thought it be a good idea to REMOVE ALL TUTORS AND NOT GIVE BUG BITE AS AN EGG MOVE BECAUSE THATS JUST SO SMART!!! Anyway Im debating whether to use him or a Mawile, I'll put the set down after this team preview

Amoonguss Sitrus Berry Calm
248 HP 8 Defense 252 SpDef
Spore
Rage Powder
Giga Drain
Protect

Here's the pokemon that makes the smogon players RQ on sight. Rage Powder keeps dem fire types off scizor and has the bulk to absorb grass types and psychic types that would target Politoed and Toxicroak Giga Drain to increase its Longetivity and of course SPORE SPORE SPORE EVERYWHERE!!! >

Goodra Damp Rock Bold Hydration
248 HP 252 Defense 8 SpDef
Rain Dance
Dragon Pulse
Muddy Water/Surf
Rest

Ah the highly underrated psuedo-legendary because his godly stats are in bulk, not attack. However he finds use on this team and like I said before, he's much slower than Politoed. Rain Dance is a general way to piss off T-tar and Mega Charizard Y. Dragon Pulse is obvious and I need to experiment with muddy water for shenanigans or surf for support. Who needs leftovers when you have rest+hydration to solve your problems for you. HAHAHA!!! this thing just wont die. I gave him physical bulk to take all dem dragon claws and outrages and he has the bulk to take Ice Beams and Draco meteors with that crazy 150 base SpDef. You guys underestimated him and he wants vengeance

Anyway you guys should be able to tell this is very balanced rain team (maybe a bit more defensive) Inb4 I get comments about my wierd spreads, remember a stat increases by 8 points since we're at level 50. Oh right I almost forgot about that mawile I told you about

Mawile Mawilite Adamant Intimidate>Huge Power
248 HP 252 Attack 8 Speed
Swords Dance
Sucker Punch
Play Rough
Protect

The reason I put this set is because my team lacks an intimidator and also has no coverage from garchomp's EQ. Play Rough is more useful than Iron Head due to the attack debuff and the total nule to dragons. Sucker Punch is obvious and Swords Dance...do I need to sweep your team with a +2 Mawile? I will. Anyways this set is more on the offensive side and has no 4x weakness to fire. However Garchomp's EQ sucks for this thing so I need to be careful switching in. Too bad I dont have room for Rock Slide
Anyways be as critical as you want, just dont be a complete jerk when doing so. Thx

I'm not an expert rater, but you literally have no answer to entry hazards. One way you can deal with this is by giving Scizor defog, I don't really care which move you replace. Or, you could replace Goodra with a bulky calm mind Latias.

Here is the build -

(Latias) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Dragon Pulse
- Defog

Lastly, you seem to be pretty good at this game so could you rate my rain team please.

Here - http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/really-op-rain-team-please-help-improve-now-fixed.3495032/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)