OM National Dex Balanced Hackmons

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Hello first come first served ig… nah jk.
Generally I like using my Tera offensively rather than defensively, since it’s a safer play in general - in my two teams I usually tera my sweepers, Miraidon and Yveltal, but I like using my Dondozo as a Tera option sometimes too. Hope this helps with your persecution of ndbh topics
I think this is great!

What do you mean by “persecution of NDBH topics”?

Anyways, reading your post has me thinking, how many instances where we see Miraidon can we see as a “sidegrade” option in Mega-Sceptile?

A ”sidegrade” is when we see a Pokemon feel equal overall, but situationally better in other cases.

For example, I see Arceus-Ground, Ting-Lu, and even Swampert-Mega causally coming in to wall Miraidon with Ice Scales, and/or RegenVest.

It bothers me that something like Sceptile-Mega can easily solve this problem, while also offering a better Speed tier, stronger SpA, and better coverage, all while maintaining a Dragon-STAB in Dragon Energy.

With minor chip, a neutral type Arceus takes a 1HKO.

252 SpA Choice Specs Hadron Engine Sceptile-Mega Dragon Energy (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Arceus: 370-436 (83.3 - 98.1%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes

Pokemon that block your physical moves are not going to just show up like they used to Bc many of them are Water, Ground, or Dragon.

Speaking of Ground:

252 SpA Choice Specs Hadron Engine Sceptile-Mega Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Groudon-Primal: 360-424 (89.1 - 104.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes

And that is not considering the stronger Dragon Energy.

Its also nice that it can outspeed Miraidon, and with Hadron Engine it can stay immune to Entrainment / Worry Seed that Ghosts and walls try and use.

Mirai can Tera, but as long as Sceptile-Mega packs enough power to KO targets then it will not require it.

Thoughts on Sceptile-Mega anyone?
Perish body?

I just have to say bruh, that is a cool idea, kinda reminds me of Wolfe Glicks Perish trap team(s), but for singles. Great set, cool Idea, would hate to face this set
IMG_5459.png

Ranking as Of May 2, 2023 ;)

Last edited:
hello im here to share a set and a team
:sv/kyurem-white:
Kyurem-White @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Refrigerate
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Boomburst
- Volt Switch
- Final Gambit
- Trick
Tera Ice Refrigerate Boomburst: it 2HKOs almost the entire tier barring a few Ice Scales users. Volt Switch is to pivot on stuff like WaterCeus and Final Gambit is to outright beat all arc formes and maybe steels/MegaPert idk (just click). You can Trick Scarf on <insert defensive mon here> and gain free clicks at the cost of not outspeeding faster mons and only limiting urself to wallbreaking.

:kyurem-white::ho-oh::arceus-fairy::groudon-primal::chansey::gyarados-mega:
a team with kyu-w i built with anaconja. the set is the same i mentioned above
:ho-oh: problem with modest kyu-w is that it fails to outspeed zac-c. fc ho-oh here acts as the main zac-c switch-in, as well as the pdon improof. it is also the fc user of the team so it acts as the main switch-in to physical threats like mmx.
:arceus-fairy: kyu-w improof, also provides a secondary form of hazard control in court change and is good into special attackers like mmy.
:groudon-primal: the partner in crime to kyu-w, the physical breaker. its mostly there to provide firepower. also good into stuff like gigaton hammer, i guess.
:chansey: imposter.
:gyarados-mega: the last mon, mgyara, to glue the team together, providing hazards, hazard control, and glare. oh and pheal.
threats include: uhh, norm gigaton hammer and stuff i guess for some reason, i guess.... also maybe more defensive builds.

That's it. Cheers. Oh, and ban Zac-C. FC Ho-Oh taking 60 from gigaton is... not fun.

Yesterday I was trying to build a team, and decided to try a signature move from the starter in lets go eevee, sizzly slide, but it is illegal. I was surprised, and after testing, found that ALL the signature move from Lets Go Pikachu/Eevee are illegal. Also, AshGren is not in the National Dex. Can anyone tell me why these moves were banned, and why I cant use AshGren? Thanks

This Pult set primarily exists to take care of defensive mons not named Giratina (aka not Ghost type), and I stuck it on a team with Leon's defensive core of Prankster Giratina/Regen AV Ting-Lu/Fur Coat Arc-Water alongside two Fishious Rend users to see how it would perform. I ran into Leon himself after a few matches, and I think I caught him off guard with the set (although I ended up losing anyways), which incentivized me to make this post.
What is the rest of the team?

The goal is to control Imposter, Bc facing Imposter should be easier than facing a mirror match where you face the same team as your own.
To control imposter, couldn’t you paralyze it to half its speed, or burn it, to decrease its attack? Or does that not work?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday I was trying to build a team, and decided to try a signature move from the starter in lets go eevee, sizzly slide, but it is illegal. I was surprised, and after testing, found that ALL the signature move from Lets Go Pikachu/Eevee are illegal. Also, AshGren is not in the National Dex. Can anyone tell me why these moves were banned, and why I cant use AshGren? Thanks
ndbh lets you use any illegal sets as long as they exist in the national dex, similar to how bh9 is restricted to stuff in the games' code. the let's go moves aren't there, and ashgren stopped existing after gen 9's battle bond rework which turned it into quiver dance 2 and snapped agren out of existence. either way, an agren with tera would be terrifying so let's thank it's not present

Edit: found out this is already a thing, called offensive uitility
Regigagas @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
- Gigaton Hammer
- Earthquake
- Leech Seed
- Roost/Heal Order
Would this work/be good? Any input?
Edit: after learning that Zygarde-C is banned, I feel that regigegas would be good with this

Last edited:

LOrd Fernado

I COULD BE BANNED!
I just thought of a theoretical type of set I’ve named “stoffence”. It is when you take a Pokémon like Zgard-C or Agron-M and give it a healing ability, and two stall moves, and two offensive moves. An example would be
Zygarde-Complete @ Toxic Orb
- Gigaton Hammer
- Earthquake
- Spikes
- Roost/Heal Order
Zyg-Complete is banned, so this set has to be Aggron-M. In terms of the set, physical walls can maybe trap them and/or change their ablity. M-Aggron cannot be poisoned either with the exception of Corrosion. Try and find a different Pokemon for the set.

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
I just thought of a theoretical type of set I’ve named “stoffence”. It is when you take a Pokémon like Zgard-C or Agron-M and give it a healing ability, and two stall moves, and two offensive moves. An example would be
Zygarde-Complete @ Toxic Orb
- Gigaton Hammer
- Earthquake
- Spikes
- Roost/Heal Order
the term for this is offensive utility, basically a bulky mon that has good power to make progress and/or a powerful mon with longevity throughout a match. ive included some examples in this paste (theres six mons but obviously this is not a team paste, its illegal anyway because there are 3 ph mons).

also some funny sets ive been trying

:ss/giratina-origin:
Giratina-Origin @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Ghost
Modest Nature
- Judgment
- Rapid Spin
- Tail Glow
- Baton Pass
giratina but good because it has decent offensive presence. can switch in and pressure pdon easily + removes hazards well. bp is a weird tech you can use when facing a scales thief mon so you can just pass to like tg normceus. regigigas probably appreciates the ability to outspeed faster stuff too. beware of koff. if you have the arceus slot free this can easily be ghostceus so you dont beware koff anymore

:ss/lugia:
Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Tera Type: Water / Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Careful / Impish Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Knock Off
- Salt Cure
- Heal Order
this is a weird set at first glance but basically it beats almost every wall out there. just spams the shit out of knock off and salt cure. loses hard to tera ghost imp though

:ss/ting-lu:
gober (Ting-Lu) @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed / Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Thousand Waves
- Haze
- Destiny Bond
- Heal Order
this is a totally standard set but i realized when using it that it actually switches into tinted band zacc because sunsteel does like 50 so you can stall it out. tera psychic is ridiculous but it beats mmy and some mmx

:ss/zacian-crowned:
Zacian-Crowned @ Choice Band
Ability: Protean
Tera Type: idk
Jolly Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Pursuit
- V-Create
- U-turn
this is more of a theorymon but basically you threaten out a majority of fast attackers with wicked blow and hit everything else with vcreate (mostly other zacc). pursuit ohkos mmy and ggarm as they try to switch out. pair with a slow powerful wallbreaker to blow fc and dark/fire resists out of the water and you have an interesting offensive core.

LOrd Fernado

I COULD BE BANNED!
I think this is great!

What do you mean by “persecution of NDBH topics”?

Thoughts on Sceptile-Mega anyone?
Well in answer to your first question, you're always on the lookout for finding topics about ndbh lol
But the second question is what i'm posting about. This question made me want to build a team out of this set i created:
:ss/sceptile-mega:
Sceptile-Mega @ Choice Specs
Ability: Hadron Engine
Tera Type: Grass
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Dragon Energy
- Earth Power
- Rising Voltage
When I first looked at it the stats seem better than Miraidon's while also maintaining that nice 4x resist to Electric moves such as Rising Voltage, but it has two little issues. This is a Pokemon that suffers greatly from 4MSS due it's lacking coverage. For example, you have your two STABs, you would want to have Rising Voltage for the Hadron Engine boost, but what about the last move? You could have momentum in the form of Volt Switch, but coverage such as Earth Power/Blue Flare is nice for that one super effective hit. Also, while we may have walls to do this, M-Sceptile has a horrible defensive typing. Here's a team I made out of this set. (Oh yea and btw any advice would be greatly appreciated - you seem to be good at rating teams) :)

M-Scep + Phero (No Pheal) (pokepast.es)

Well in answer to your first question, you're always on the lookout for finding topics about ndbh lol
But the second question is what i'm posting about. This question made me want to build a team out of this set i created:
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Dragon Energy
- Earth Power
- Rising Voltage
When I first looked at it the stats seem better than Miraidon's while also maintaining that nice 4x resist to Electric moves such as Rising Voltage, but it has two little issues. This is a Pokemon that suffers greatly from 4MSS due it's lacking coverage. For example, you have your two STABs, you would want to have Rising Voltage for the Hadron Engine boost, but what about the last move? You could have momentum in the form of Volt Switch, but coverage such as Earth Power/Blue Flare is nice for that one super effective hit. Also, while we may have walls to do this, M-Sceptile has a horrible defensive typing. Here's a team I made out of this set. (Oh yea and btw any advice would be greatly appreciated - you seem to be good at rating teams) :)

-hadron mscept is hard outclassed by dragon's maw, as elec coverage's main purpose, hitting waters, is useless on a grass-type. meanwhile maw gives you higher power on dragon energy to be a pretty spammable move once fairies are gone.

-as for the team, sceptile issues aside, i honestly think dozo is better than slowbro rn as a wall because of its ability to tera, which is a really nice trait and worth the passivity imo. you can still keep bro though as it's mostly personal preference. also, with punch imp and specthief on walls you don't really need the anti-setup of a prank mon, which could be replaced for something like a phealer, which absorbs knock and provides utility

Dragapult @ Leftovers
Ability: Normalize
Tera Type: Dark
Jolly Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Entrainment
- Perish Song
- Taunt

This Pult set primarily exists to take care of defensive mons not named Giratina (aka not Ghost type)
I like this set, and would love to use it on a team, but I was wondering, how does this team deal with ghost types, and wouldent this set also be useless against magic bounce, and good as gold? Wouldn’t this be better, an offensive utility pokemon like Zamazenta-C w/ the ability mycelium might, either the ability shield, or leftovers, and the moves anchor shot, perish song, protect, and gigaton hammer. This set has the same idea as your set, but you can hit ghost types, and bypass everything your set struggles with, and Zamazenta-C is bulky enough to tank hits. Also, I have been experimenting with this same set but on Regieleki w/ Tera Ghost, and it has done quite well. What do you think?

The sets in question:
Zamazenta-C @ Ability Sheild/Leftovers
Ability: Mycelium Might
Tera Type: Steel
Jolly Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Protect
- Perish Song
- Gigaton Hammer

Regieleki @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Entrainment
- Perish Song
- Taunt

Last edited:
I like this set, and would love to use it on a team, but I was wondering, how does this team deal with ghost types, and wouldent this set also be useless against magic bounce, and good as gold? Wouldn’t this be better, an offensive utility pokemon like Zamazenta-C w/ the ability mycelium might, either the ability shield, or leftovers, and the moves anchor shot, perish song, protect, and gigaton hammer. This set has the same idea as your set, but you can hit ghost types, and bypass everything your set struggles with, and Zamazenta-C is bulky enough to tank hits. Also, I have been experimenting with this same set but on Regieleki w/ Tera Ghost, and it has done quite well. What do you think?

The sets in question:
Zamazenta-C @ Ability Sheild/Leftovers
Ability: Mycelium Might
Tera Type: Steel
Jolly Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Protect
- Perish Song
- Gigaton Hammer

Regieleki @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Entrainment
- Perish Song
- Taunt
Well i personally don't like those sets too much, mycelium might is hard outclassed by mold breaker which does the same thing but doesn't force you to move last, and anchor shot doesn't do much due to the existence of covert cloak; blocking the trapping effect. Honestly i feel the regieleki is pretty okayish because of how dominant a-shield is (from what i remember atleast). But perish trap sounds pretty good on the other hand, perhaps work it with a different mon? perish trap is an awesome concept because of how effective it can be when wallbreaking opposing teams that's bulky pokemon lack pivoting moves. But i don't like it too much because it doesn't have teleport. Still tho a pretty good set idea.

Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Dragon Energy
- Earth Power
- Rising Voltage

Honestly sceptile is pretty good in this meta because of its neat speed outspeeding a lot of threats in the tier but it should really have volt switch. Hadron engine + rising voltage is pretty cool but it's merely a way of getting coverage for most mons so idk if it rlly compliments sceptile too much. I agree with dtc on how dragon energy is better but i think sceptile isn't too great.

252 SpA Choice Specs Hadron Engine Sceptile-Mega Dragon Energy (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ice Scales Arceus: 168-198 (37.8 - 44.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO - not going to kill

252 SpA Choice Specs Dragon's Maw Sceptile-Mega Dragon Energy (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ice Scales Arceus: 189-223 (42.5 - 50.2%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO - 1.2% chance is pathetically low so not gonna kill

In both situations it's not killing arc on a neutral hits, if modest it loses the purpose of outspeeding most threats.

If we're breaking arc with a special attack i'd prefer to think differently

252 SpA Choice Specs Deoxys-Attack Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Arceus in Psychic Terrain: 258-304 (58.1 - 68.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Yes, our beloved moldy moves. And with the basic concept of forcing switches deo can run k-off. So to summarise it outspeeds scept, claims the opponent, and can run the 154bp e-force on psy terrain for other mons. Perhaps throw on a fighting type move for dark types and dialga-o, it's probably the best mon to run this coverage right? (oh no it's mmx is at the door help me)

:sv/deoxys-attack:

Deoxys-Attack @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Expanding Force
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick

Yes, this is a cringey anti-meta set... I don't even know why i didn't choose to make it full mixed, perhaps easier to improof this thing ig (no we will not use spiritomb)

aegislash can do this ig, if you wanna use a hazard stack team aegislash doubles as a spinblocker too if you want.

Edit: found out this is already a thing, called offensive uitility
Regigagas @ Toxic Orb
- Gigaton Hammer
- Earthquake
- Leech Seed
- Roost/Heal Order
Edit: after learning that Zygarde-C is banned, I feel that regigegas would be good with this
This looks ultra goofy, just how much do you wanna recover? Honestly this lacking offensive presence is pretty sad as regigigas usually packs facade and some setup stuff with that kinda set so i doubt you should wanna make it that passive. Leech seed is pretty interesting with pheal. I think it would work well with something like shuckle that's severly lacking in hp and can spread status for extra DoT, seed + pheal seems pretty neat imo
hello im here to share a set and a team
:sv/kyurem-white:
Kyurem-White @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Refrigerate
Tera Type: Ice
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Volt Switch
- Final Gambit
- Trick
Tera Ice Refrigerate Boomburst: it 2HKOs almost the entire tier barring a few Ice Scales users. Volt Switch is to pivot on stuff like WaterCeus and Final Gambit is to outright beat all arc formes and maybe steels/MegaPert idk (just click). You can Trick Scarf on <insert defensive mon here> and gain free clicks at the cost of not outspeeding faster mons and only limiting urself to wallbreaking.

:kyurem-white::ho-oh::arceus-fairy::groudon-primal::chansey::gyarados-mega:
a team with kyu-w i built with anaconja. the set is the same i mentioned above
:ho-oh: problem with modest kyu-w is that it fails to outspeed zac-c. fc ho-oh here acts as the main zac-c switch-in, as well as the pdon improof. it is also the fc user of the team so it acts as the main switch-in to physical threats like mmx.
:arceus-fairy: kyu-w improof, also provides a secondary form of hazard control in court change and is good into special attackers like mmy.
:groudon-primal: the partner in crime to kyu-w, the physical breaker. its mostly there to provide firepower. also good into stuff like gigaton hammer, i guess.
:chansey: imposter.
:gyarados-mega: the last mon, mgyara, to glue the team together, providing hazards, hazard control, and glare. oh and pheal.
threats include: uhh, norm gigaton hammer and stuff i guess for some reason, i guess.... also maybe more defensive builds.

That's it. Cheers. Oh, and ban Zac-C. FC Ho-Oh taking 60 from gigaton is... not fun.
Pretty cool team, But tbh i just feel that kyu-w has always been wasted potential, a whopping 170 base spatk being put down by it's mediocre speed stat, The great dragon typing with high bp moves being put down by the bad power of special ice moves. If it wants to run specs then it gets outsped and killed, if it wants to run scarf it just isn't strong enough. Refrigerate gives it some ice stab with boomburst but then it's suddenly weakened. I also wanna know why final gambit? 120 base atk stat isn't negligible so you can always run hjk to cover dialga, but the f-gambit off the 125 hp stat isn't bad either. You do you ig.

also has anything been done about zacharias, any clean counters to it or does it just wallbreak like always? Missed out zacian bullying the meta for a while

anyways exams done so it's time for the funny

some stuff:

:sv/charizard-mega-y:

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Life Orb
Ability: Triage
Tera Type: Fire
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Oblivion Wing
- Strength Sap
- Blue Flare

this guy's not bad at all tbh, with zyg gone it can break stuff pretty well and priority sap gives you a pretty good zacc matchup (you move first so rend loses power, meaning you don't actually lose to psea zac, and bandlens zacc needs tera and gigaton to OHKO at -1). scales walls are obv a problem, especially arcs which outrun you even if timid and can specthief you first, but scales diao takes up to 80 from +3 blue flare which isn't bad at all if you manage to chip it down. its flying typing also gives it an edge (funny) on the spikes-infested meta with sr being less popular, while you can use your own spikes to chip down stuff like the aforementioned diao.

:sv/miraidon:

Miraidon @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Water / Fairy
Timid Nature
- Spectral Thief
- U-turn / Volt Switch
- Rapid Spin / Knock Off / Nuzzle
- Dragon Energy / Core Enforcer

however, this is probable to only real decent improof to it: unaware is an outclassed ability, ice scales pogre is just not too good, there's no viable defensive rocks and any less bulky mirai is 2HKOed.

:sv/mewtwo-mega-y:

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Fairium Z
Ability: Protean
Tera Type: Psychic
Timid Nature
- Lumina Crash
- Fleur Cannon
- Strength Sap
- Blue Flare / Astral Barrage

ability shield is everywhere cuz moldy moves are broken, and this set's idea is to abuse that. lumina spam and a nice z-fleur cannon to bust open darks (z+regular fleur cannon koes scales darkceus), as a couple luminas+z break through just about every special wall. z after just one lumi also does good damage and cockblocks any damage dialga-o might do to you, while any non-psea zac trying to come in can get cleanly OHKOed by prot blue flare. also, it's easy to improof, as imp doesn't have z-crystals, you can give anything cloak (hell cloak imposter works just fine and even nullifies sap recovery, making it prob the best improof) and anyway if running blue flare psea zacc also works.

:sv/regigigas:

Regigigas @ Toxic Orb
Tera Type: Fairy / Normal
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Victory Dance
- Facade
- Precipice Blades

dondozo is like the number 1 physical wall among with waterceus, and this set exploits the hell out of them. dozo has no way of breaking its sub in one hit, and thus its coreing attempts get nullified. waterceus also can't oneshot sub with scald, and if you go fishious you do nothing after a single vdance. sub also lets you completely ignore imposter, and the vdance def boost turn most physical attackers into setup fodder. obviously dislikes prankster, but teams relying on imposter and specthief as setup control will really struggle against this thing. and even if you haze away the boosts, facade still hurts quite a bit so you need to be bulky anyway. while not too bothered by imp an emergency improof can include your standard fc with haze as your setup control and a prank ghost.

:sv/yveltal:

Yveltal @ Shed Shell / Black Glasses
Ability: Simple
Tera Type: Normal
Adamant Nature
- No Retreat
- Power Trip
- Strength Sap
- U-turn

incredibly goofy set, but it can work. since you obv need a way to switch out, and power trip is all you need, you can use both shell and uturn to ensure switching out though glasses is nice too. anyway, power trip is goofy and even without tera you do funny stuff like 2HKOing fc dondozo, letting you run normal and ignore spectral. the def boost also lets you tank zacc's torques easily, and sap helps with that plus improofing, softening up imp for a prank dark resist to come in safely. even without sap prank dark resists can work though. obv memed on by pranks, considered running taunt to turn them into passive messes but then you mess up with your improofing so don't do it. jaw lock shenanigans for the last slot could be funny too ig but helps nothing against prank so not really worth it. also spikes-immune which is nice. some funny calcs:

+2 252+ Atk Black Glasses Yveltal Power Trip (220 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Zacian-Crowned: 342-402 (88.1 - 103.6%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Black Glasses Yveltal Power Trip (220 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Dondozo: 312-367 (61.9 - 72.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Black Glasses Yveltal Power Trip (220 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Arceus-Water: 303-357 (68.2 - 80.4%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after 3 layers of Spikes
+2 252+ Atk Black Glasses Yveltal Power Trip (220 BP) vs. +1 252 HP / 252 Def Groudon-Primal: 358-423 (88.6 - 104.7%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Tera Fire Groudon-Primal V-create vs. +2 252 HP / 252 Def Yveltal in Sun: 338-398 (74.1 - 87.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Sword of Ruin Zacian-Crowned Magical Torque vs. +2 252 HP / 252 Def Yveltal: 300-354 (65.7 - 77.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Black Glasses Yveltal Power Trip (220 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Arceus-Fairy: 331-390 (74.5 - 87.8%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes
+2 252+ Atk Black Glasses Yveltal Power Trip (220 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Xerneas: 389-458 (85.3 - 100.4%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Black Glasses Yveltal Power Trip (220 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Ting-Lu: 322-379 (62.6 - 73.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Charcoal Orichalcum Pulse Tera Fire Deoxys-Attack V-create vs. +2 252 HP / 252 Def Yveltal in Sun: 370-436 (81.1 - 95.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (useless calc but shows just how fat you become after a boost)

Well i personally don't like those sets too much, mycelium might is hard outclassed by mold breaker which does the same thing but doesn't force you to move last, and anchor shot doesn't do much due to the existence of covert cloak; blocking the trapping effect. Honestly i feel the regieleki is pretty okayish because of how dominant a-shield is (from what i remember atleast). But perish trap sounds pretty good on the other hand, perhaps work it with a different mon? perish trap is an awesome concept because of how effective it can be when wallbreaking opposing teams that's bulky pokemon lack pivoting moves. But i don't like it too much because it doesn't have teleport. Still tho a pretty good set idea.
From what I’ve seen, a-shield isn’t that prevalent, and about mycelium might, you have a good point. I will adjust my sets accordingly. Thanks for the input.
:sv/regigigas:

Regigigas @ Toxic Orb
Tera Type: Fairy / Normal
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Victory Dance
- Facade
- Precipice Blades

dondozo is like the number 1 physical wall among with waterceus, and this set exploits the hell out of them. dozo has no way of breaking its sub in one hit, and thus its coreing attempts get nullified. waterceus also can't oneshot sub with scald, and if you go fishious you do nothing after a single vdance. sub also lets you completely ignore imposter, and the vdance def boost turn most physical attackers into setup fodder. obviously dislikes prankster, but teams relying on imposter and specthief as setup control will really struggle against this thing. and even if you haze away the boosts, facade still hurts quite a bit so you need to be bulky anyway. while not too bothered by imp an emergency improof can include your standard fc with haze as your setup control and a prank ghost.

:sv/yveltal:

Yveltal @ Shed Shell / Black Glasses
Ability: Simple
Tera Type: Normal
Adamant Nature
- No Retreat
- Power Trip
- Strength Sap
- U-turn

incredibly goofy set, but it can work. since you obv need a way to switch out, and power trip is all you need, you can use both shell and uturn to ensure switching out though glasses is nice too. anyway, power trip is goofy and even without tera you do funny stuff like 2HKOing fc dondozo, letting you run normal and ignore spectral. the def boost also lets you tank zacc's torques easily, and sap helps with that plus improofing, softening up imp for a prank dark resist to come in safely. even without sap prank dark resists can work though. obv memed on by pranks, considered running taunt to turn them into passive messes but then you mess up with your improofing so don't do it. jaw lock shenanigans for the last slot could be funny too ig but helps nothing against prank so not really worth it.
I used to have a yveltal set exactly like this, and I will tell you now, if you see imposter, run like hell. This set is almost imposible to improof, and if you switch out, you are screwed because the imposter will sweep evreything on your team. Regigigas looks good tho, gonna have to use substitute on my regigigas.

From what I’ve seen, a-shield isn’t that prevalent, and about mycelium might, you have a good point. I will adjust my sets accordingly. Thanks for the input.

I used to have a yveltal set exactly like this, and I will tell you now, if you see imposter, run like hell. This set is almost imposible to improof, and if you switch out, you are screwed because the imposter will sweep evreything on your team. Regigigas looks good tho, gonna have to use substitute on my regigigas.
ashield is prevalent, between zacc, mmx and mgar it's great to check many threats. if you don't see it much in ladder that's just because ladder is bad. as for yvel sap+a prank that resists dark (tinglu/fairy) consistently improof it, maybe you just didn't prepare for it in the builder. remember to always have a plan to improof.

ashield is prevalent, between zacc, mmx and mgar it's great to check many threats. if you don't see it much in ladder that's just because ladder is bad. as for yvel sap+a prank that resists dark (tinglu/fairy) consistently improof it, maybe you just didn't prepare for it in the builder. remember to always have a plan to improof.
What I meant by if you see imposter, run like hell, is that imposter copies stat boosts, and can counter sweep you if you use a stat boost sweeper. As for the resistances, nothing survives a 220 base power move coming off of a X2 attack yveltal, whitch also gets STAB on power trip, except for Imposter, which maybe, just maybe can survive one hit from power trip. So, that is what I meant

What I meant by if you see imposter, run like hell, is that imposter copies stat boosts, and can counter sweep you if you use a stat boost sweeper. As for the resistances, nothing survives a 220 base power move coming off of a X2 attack yveltal, whitch also gets STAB on power trip, except for Imposter, which maybe, just maybe can survive one hit from power trip. So, that is what I meant
that's why it has sap, as at +2 it lives a power trip and gets it down to regular atk. if you're paranoid about lucky punch, check the calcs above, prank ting always takes one ptrip and hazes it back to 0. run calcs yourself if you want, though better if we just drop this argument as the thread's already been clogged enough.

I was just looking at the ban list and was wondering about why some things were banned. For example, why are these mons banned, I mean, I get e max eternatus and shedinja, but Groudon-P, MRay, Cramorant-G (honestly, why), Calyrex-S, Darmanitan-Galar-Z(again, why), and Zygd-C. In addition, why are Gorilla Tactics, Illusion, Innards Out, Magnet Pull, and Water Bubble(honestly, I don’t even know what this does), and the moves bans, like why tf are Chatter, electrify, and shed tail banned? To be clear, I am not railing against the admins, I am just wondering why usless abilities and moves are banned, and why certain pokemon are banned, i mean like cramorant-g? Just, why? If someone could get back to me on this, that would be great, so thanks.

I was just looking at the ban list and was wondering about why some things were banned. For example, why are these mons banned, I mean, I get e max eternatus and shedinja, but Groudon-P, MRay, Cramorant-G (honestly, why), Calyrex-S, Darmanitan-Galar-Z(again, why), and Zygd-C. In addition, why are Gorilla Tactics, Illusion, Innards Out, Magnet Pull, and Water Bubble(honestly, I don’t even know what this does), and the moves bans, like why tf are Chatter, electrify, and shed tail banned? To be clear, I am not railing against the admins, I am just wondering why usless abilities and moves are banned, and why certain pokemon are banned, i mean like cramorant-g? Just, why? If someone could get back to me on this, that would be great, so thanks.
Pdon - Already strong when forced to run desoland+red orb, imagine Band + Opulse

Mray - Deo-a is one of the strongest attackers, but is limited by it's crippling fragility. Mray has the same attacking stats but with bulk

Cramorant-G - Paralyzes you every time you attack it. If you thought Prankster Glare or Nuzzle spam was rough, imagine that.

Calyrex-S - 150 speed ghost type, nothing viable in the meta outspeeds it and it can run entrainment, as well as being a fast ghost type special attacker that can also tera

Darm G-Z - I know it was banned last gen for rolling through teams with GLance and V-Create as well as coverage, but Ice and Fire on their own are both good attacking types.

Zyg-C - was banned this gen for being able to wall too well with tera taking away its weaknesses and forcing passive play through twaves.

Gorilla tactics is banned for giving too much power to phys attackers.

Illusion isn't op on Zoroark because it always has it, and you know what's going to hit it. If you could have any mon with it, the strategy of pokemon, including the appropriate selection of moves and mons

Innards Out is final gambit without requiring you to outspeed. It basically guarantees to kill an offensive piece, letting the rest of your team then sit on what's left.

Magnet Pull is a trapping ability. All trapping abilities are banned.

Water Bubble doubles the power of all water type moves, makes you immune to burn and halves the damage you take from fire type attacks. This was banned before gen 8 because of POgre, but now Fishious Rend is a move.

Chatter is a sound based (ignores sub) 100% accurate (in a tier with evasion clause) 100% confuse chance

Electrify on a fast pokemon combined with lightning rod or volt absorb makes for untouchable pokemon that can set up

Shed Tail/Regenerator, basically the same thing that got Cyclizar banned to ubers, but now available on every fatmon.

Last edited:
Pdon - Already strong when forced to run desoland+red orb, imagine Band + Opulse

Mray - Deo-a is one of the strongest attackers, but is limited by it's crippling fragility. Mray has the same attacking stats but with bulk

Cramorant-G - Paralyzes you every time you attack it. If you thought Prankster Glare or Nuzzle spam was rough, imagine that.

Calyrex-S - 150 speed ghost type, nothing viable in the meta outspeeds it and it can run entrainment, as well as being a fast ghost type special attacker that can also tera

Darm G-Z - I know it was banned last gen for rolling through teams with GLance and V-Create as well as coverage, but Ice and Fire on their own are both good attacking types.

Zyg-C - was banned this gen for being able to wall too well with tera taking away its weaknesses and forcing passive play through twaves.

Gorilla tactics is banned for giving too much power to phys attackers.
Illusion isn't op on Zoroark because it always has it, and you know what's going to hit it. If you could have any mon with it, the strategy of pokemon, including the appropriate selection of moves and mons

Innards Out is final gambit without requiring you to outspeed. It basically guarantees to kill an offensive piece, letting the rest of your team then sit on what's left.

Magnet Pull is a trapping ability. All trapping abilities are banned.

Water Bubble doubles the power of all water type moves, makes you immune to burn and halves the damage you take from fire type attacks. This was banned before gen 8 because of POgre, but now Fishious Rend is a move.

Chatter is a sound based (ignores sub) 100% accurate (in a tier with evasion clause) 100% confuse chance

Electrify on a fast pokemon combined with lightning rod or volt absorb makes for untouchable pokemon that can set up

Shed Tail/Regenerator, basically the same thing that got Cyclizar banned to ubers, but now available on every fatmon.
Thanks for the clarification on this, just wondering, so thanks if these were unbanned/not banned, it would be terrifying

So I need a bulky Pokemon for a set that needs good bulk and decent mixed attacking stats for a offensive perish trap set, which I am going to give the ability mold breaker, and the moves perish song, anchor trip, gigaton hammer, and eternabeam, or some other powerful special move.
The set would be
Idk @ Leftovers/Ability Shield
Ability:Mold breaker
- Perish song
- Anchor shot
- Gigaton Hammer
- Eternabeam
Set Explanation: Perish trap is broken, and mold breaker bypasses common counters like Good as Gold, and Magic Bounce pokemon. Gigaton hammer and Eternabeam are for late game clean up/dealing with counters/threats.
Any thoughts on a Pokemon I could use for this? Thanks

So I need a bulky Pokemon for a set that needs good bulk and decent mixed attacking stats for a offensive perish trap set, which I am going to give the ability mold breaker, and the moves perish song, anchor trip, gigaton hammer, and eternabeam, or some other powerful special move.
The set would be
Idk @ Leftovers/Ability Shield
Ability:Mold breaker
- Perish song
- Anchor shot
- Gigaton Hammer
- Eternabeam
Set Explanation: Perish trap is broken, and mold breaker bypasses common counters like Good as Gold, and Magic Bounce pokemon. Gigaton hammer and Eternabeam are for late game clean up/dealing with counters/threats.
Any thoughts on a Pokemon I could use for this? Thanks
Perish trap kinda gets rocked by any ghost types, pivot moves, phasing, or offensive threats that can break through the mon in 2 turns, which most offensive ones can. It's not the worst strat in the world, but it is very gimmicky and very unreliable.

Perish trap kinda gets rocked by any ghost types, pivot moves, phasing, or offensive threats that can break through the mon in 2 turns, which most offensive ones can. It's not the worst strat in the world, but it is very gimmicky and very unreliable.
Do you have any ways to fix this, and/or a pokemon that would work with this set? Thanks for the input

Do you have any ways to fix this, and/or a pokemon that would work with this set? Thanks for the input
With Mold, Block is probably better for trapping, since it ignores covert cloak, but the issue is more with the perish trap strategy having a lot of very common counterplay, than an issue with the specific set. Although Eternabeam is very exploitable, and I'd never use it. With the one turn recharge, you're getting an effective 80 power per turn out of it, meaning that core enforcer is better for damage and more reliable, even if it might not take certain ohkos. Because of the way the metagame works, even a bulky pokemon without furscales won't be taking on an offensive pokemon's unresisted hits too well.

If you're married to the concept, I'd probably go for something like a Zac-C which has good speed, stab on anchor shot and decent bulk.
Run it with anchor shot, perish song, Gigaton and Magical torque/headlong rush.

Really gonna be hard now that Giratina's one of the most used mons in the tier, along with Mgar, lunala and ghostceus still seeing a lot of use.

In addition, the use of parting shot, u-turn, volt switch and teleport on common offensive sets makes this strategy really hard to pull off.
You can use dark types to threaten ghosts and block pranks, normatrainment to try to block u-turn, GaG against parting shot, ground types/lightning rod/volt absorb against volt switch and taunt vs teleport, but it is a lot to try to cover.

I saw earlier that you were inspired by Wolfey's Perish Trap teams in VGC, but there's a few key differences between formats that makes his teams viable in vgc, while they struggle here.

The largest one, is that VGC is doubles based, and BH is singles. That means, you're getting two kills per perish song, instead of just one. This means the perish song and trapping pokemon don't need to have as much survivability to function, because they make progress much faster.

Attached to the first point, is the difference of VGC being 4 v 4 instead of 6 v 6, further compounding my earlier points, the trapper and songer don't need to last as long.

Additionally, Wolfe's team relies a lot on Gothitelle's Shadow Tag, an ability that's banned in BH that lets you trap on switchin. BH's lack of that, and unreliable, time consuming trapping methods costs you precious resources.

Last edited:
With Mold, Block is probably better for trapping, since it ignores covert cloak, but the issue is more with the perish trap strategy having a lot of very common counterplay, than an issue with the specific set. Although Eternabeam is very exploitable, and I'd never use it. With the one turn recharge, you're getting an effective 80 power per turn out of it, meaning that core enforcer is better for damage and more reliable, even if it might not take certain ohkos. Because of the way the metagame works, even a bulky pokemon without furscales won't be taking on an offensive pokemon's unresisted hits too well.

If you're married to the concept, I'd probably go for something like a Zac-C which has good speed, stab on anchor shot and decent bulk.
Run it with anchor shot, perish song, Gigaton and Magical torque/headlong rush.

Really gonna be hard now that Giratina's one of the most used mons in the tier, along with Mgar, lunala and ghostceus still seeing a lot of use.

In addition, the use of parting shot, u-turn, volt switch and teleport on common offensive sets makes this strategy really hard to pull off.
You can use dark types to threaten ghosts and block pranks, normatrainment to try to block u-turn, GaG against parting shot, ground types/lightning rod/volt absorb against volt switch and taunt vs teleport, but it is a lot to try to cover.

I saw earlier that you were inspired by Wolfey's Perish Trap teams in VGC, but there's a few key differences between formats that makes his teams viable in vgc, while they struggle here.

The largest one, is that VGC is doubles based, and BH is singles. That means, you're getting two kills per perish song, instead of just one. This means the perish song and trapping pokemon don't need to have as much survivability to function, because they make progress much faster.

Attached to the first point, is the difference of VGC being 4 v 4 instead of 6 v 6, further compounding my earlier points, the trapper and songer don't need to last as long.

Additionally, Wolfe's team relies a lot on Gothitelle's Shadow Tag, an ability that's banned in BH that lets you trap on switchin. BH's lack of that, and unreliable, time consuming trapping methods costs you precious resources.
Okay, yeah, Im not married to the concept, it was just an idea I was peddling around in my head that I wanted to know if it was viable or not. Also I get that there are differences between VGC and Singles, I also get that shadow tag is banned. Thanks for the input.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)