Tournament NDWC IV Set & Team Dump Thread

R8

On LoA
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Contributor Alumnus
National Dex Leader

Wonderful art by Kolohe
Yes, i just copy pasted the OP from last year - ain't fixing what's not broken
Here is the NDWC IV Set & Team Dump is here to serve as an opportunity to post whatever anyone has used so far! It's pretty self explanatory, post teams you used or built in NDWC IV here!

Rules
  • This is for teams used in, or heavily considered for use, in NDWC IV ONLY.
  • A Pokepaste would be preferred in terms of formatting. Sprites would also be a helpful addition.
  • Descriptions/stories about the teams are allowed (encouraged, even) but consider using a spoiler tag if they end up being very long.
  • These teams may be considered to be used as Sample Teams so no need to post in the bazaar as well.
And that's it! Happy posting, and good luck to the teams in the playoffs!

Oculars

I CANT BE FADED
is a Tiering Contributor
Ok I cant drop my full dump yet cause playoffs but here's some teams of mine other people have used this tour (might be more but im forgetting, if u loaded my shiest during regular season pm me and ill add it to this list)
Power Herb Archaludon Screens (Reverse Shamone)
:grimmsnarl: :archaludon: :tapu-fini: :ursaluna: :iron-boulder: :dragonite:
Used by Elfuseon vs seth - replay
Solid team Elfuseon pilotted well and did what he was supposed to breaking early with luna and arch and maximizing his offensive output while screens were up to secure a nice Iron Boulder wincon, sadly lost to some big seth hax getting crit through screens with his +4 boulder
Mobamba Screens
:grimmsnarl: :heatran: :abomasnow-mega: :kyurem: :pecharunt: :darkrai:
Used by Slikkles vs Dahness - replay
Allegedly "the most heat team known to mankind" I passed this to France through ARTYMASION i believe, this replay showcases how insane pecharunt is against fatter builds where it can spam its stabs while healing off any damage, our main man Mobamba also showed off its incredible bulk taking only 24% from a ferrothorn body press (would have been 12% if screens were up) and getting to +4 to 1v1 a corviknight after chipping the ferrothorn, overall also having a significant impact on the game and securing the team a win

Will post a big dump after playoffs with all the teams I used and built

EDIT: passed second team to bro for megas to high ladder

Last edited:

Nashrock

peaceful death
is a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I thought I'd build a lot for the tour but didn't actually do that.
https://pokepast.es/1b47e166e6fd097f :zamazenta::ogerpon-wellspring::tapu lele::garganacl::ferrothorn::landorus-therian:
super boring solid 6 I loaded for waterpon suspect.
https://pokepast.es/c567207ea7d8cc90 :zamazenta::tapu lele::ogerpon-wellspring::landorus-therian::slowking-galar::ferrothorn:
basically the same thing that I gave yon at w1
https://pokepast.es/e7aa028af6c0dc10 :raging bolt::scizor-mega::landorus-therian::slowking-galar::zamazenta::clefable:
changed heavy slam on zama to crunch after my game
https://pokepast.es/e5997db6aa9dfaf1 :darkrai::weavile::volcarona::ferrothorn::landorus-therian::slowking:
i felt dark spam could work since if you manage to exploit zama as many people's major dark resist. the team should work out with anyone of normal luck LOL
https://pokepast.es/dab70f02e6bacb2c :samurott-hisui::kartana::hatterene::landorus-therian::iron crown::raging bolt:
:garganacl: over :raging bolt: probably better.
2 teams weren't used:
https://pokepast.es/b0872b3d20e03e72 specs val + pursuit sounds cool but i didn't like it in testing
https://pokepast.es/0f061f275f585e1d slow fat rbolt + ursaluna to cteam opponent's balance

Last edited:
I was a helper for China and worked with xqiht to build some teams. Note that these are Doubles team.

Week 1:
1714897563077.png
1714897577259.png
1714897587835.png
1714897612169.png
1714897626991.png
1714897637865.png
(Banned Mence Goodstuffs | my version / xqiht version)
There are a couple differences between xqiht's version and mine, but they're all due to personal preferences. Full Def on Zama immediately makes it stronger while investment on HP helps it take account of special attacks. AV Volcanion was a popular set before Gross dominated the metagame; Firium Z is fine, but having Will-o-wisp > Earth Power is the trend now. Tera Flying on Kingambit is for defensively purposes while Tera Dark is for more offensive purposes. EVs on Flutter Mane and Rillaboom is different as well.

It is now usable due to the ban of Zamazenta.

Week 2:
1714898388155.png
1714898398570.png
1714898412545.png
1714898423417.png
1714898441677.png
1714898460834.png
(Kang Semi-Room | my version / xqiht version)
This time around, not much changes between xqiht version and mine. One notable change was that xqiht's version of Firepon was bulkier; since it uses Follow Me, that was a correct change. The idea behind the team was that Kang and Rachi support Zygarde while it setups. I also wanted Fini to be an offensive force under Trick Room in case xqiht faced against a Tailwind team. Pao is just a fast mon that usually has no concerns for speed control.

Week 3:
1714899267923.png
1714897577259.png
1714898412545.png
1714897587835.png
1714899683198.png
1714899327470.png
(Banned Gross Team #1 | my version / xqiht version)
In my version, I had Incineroar > Flutter Mane so that I can give even more support for Zygarde, but xqiht made the change because my team was too dependent on physical attackers. I agreed with him. xqiht's waterpon was probably bulkier as well which would've been a correct change since the waterpon is in a supportive role. I don't have xqiht's version of the team but I can make a wild guess that he used the flutter mane set from here. The team is no longer usable because Gross is now banned.

Week 4:
1714899267923.png
1714900441193.png
1714900425836.png
1714898423417.png
1714898441677.png
1714899327470.png
(Banned Gross Team #2 | my version / xqiht version)
I made my version of the team in a haste, so I told xqiht to make it optimal. Most notably, xqiht decided to use Raging Bolt > Kyurem-B, and the change worked in xqiht's favor. One of the primary concerns was that Zama and Zygarde were setting up left and right, so we wanted to prevent that from happening. The resulting team had three ways of preventing setups: Marshadow's Spectral Thief, Bolt's Dragon Tail and Fini's Haze.

Week 5:
I didn't contribute for Week 5. The playoffs teams were basically set in stone.

xqiht is a GOAT player; his skills are just phenomenal. I learned a couple things from him, and I think we had a lot of fun.

Attachments

Last edited:
UK Natdex doubles team dump
Week 1, Vs voltix
https://pokepast.es/35c99e31a4feab84
Week 2, Vs astro nation shoe
https://pokepast.es/81fdac8e668e096c (ask EatFoods for what the spreads do)
Week 3, Vs john1240
https://pokepast.es/ff20e7aaa8f6387f
Week 4, Vs chainlessjoe
https://pokepast.es/cb4cb6cea44188af
Week 5, Vs glimmer
https://pokepast.es/8690bca604c410c6

Extra team that we never got around to using:
https://pokepast.es/ad9bdee9ac5d99f3

Legal teams as of 9/5/24: all except extra team, week 2 and week 3

All of these are also available on my team bazaar post with some explanations

Last edited:

sealoo

PaulGod
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
built quite a few teams in this barren wasteland we call sv natdex. here are my favorites

:rillaboom: :garchomp: :tyranitar-mega: :slowking-galar: :zapdos: :tapu-lele:
:samurott-hisui: :raging-bolt: :landorus-therian: :slowking-galar: :iron-valiant: :kartana:
:urshifu: :zapdos: :tapu-lele: :tyranitar-mega: :ferrothorn: :landorus-therian:
:scizor-mega: :tapu-koko: :great-tusk: :tornadus-therian: :toxapex: :garganacl:
:heatran: :ogerpon-wellspring: :zamazenta: :landorus-therian: :diancie-mega: :slowking-galar:
:ursaluna: :alomomola: :tapu-koko: :iron-moth: :corviknight: :latios-mega: s/o pdt
:gouging-fire: :tapu-koko: :urshifu: :slowking-galar: :ferrothorn: :landorus-therian:
:tapu-koko: :gliscor: :toxapex: :heatran: :medicham-mega: :weavile:
:garganacL: :tapu-lele: :landorus-therian: :lopunny-mega: :toxapex: :ferrothorn:
:rillaboom: :garchomp: :diancie-mega: :heatran: :zapdos: :zamazenta:
:heatran: :darkrai: :tapu-lele: :urshifu: :garchomp: :landorus-therian:
:altaria-Mega: :weavile: :garganacl: :gliscor: :zapdos: :slowking-galar:
:lopunny-mega: :samurott-hisui: :iron-valiant: :slowking-galar: :landorus-therian: :ogerpon-cornerstone:
:landorus-therian: :heatran: :darkrai: :iron-valiant: :garganacl: :slowbro:
:medicham-mega: :landorus-therian: :iron-crown: :kartana: :tapu-koko: :hawlucha:
:garchomp: :slowbro: :volcarona: :tapu-lele: :weavile: :ferrothorn:

Meta isnt awful but building with pon/zama in the tier feels pretty linear. I'd assume we'll be playing functionally the same meta by the time NDPL rolls around. Pack your toxapex, slowbros, and gkings fellas

hidin

What a kind young man
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Things have went South for US South, so here's everything that I've liked and built for this tour.
(W) = My wins
(WS) = Other wins people had with these teams
I'm sure there's more (WS) but I can't really track them down well

Offense
:Ursaluna::Diancie-Mega::Landorus-Therian::Dragonite::Iron Crown::Zamazenta:
:Darkrai::Zamazenta::Gouging Fire::Iron Crown::Landorus-Therian::Ferrothorn:
:Landorus-Therian::Ogerpon-Wellspring::Raging Bolt::Zamazenta::Iron Moth::Iron Crown: (W)
:Tapu Koko::Iron Valiant::Hawlucha::Landorus-Therian::Iron Crown::Ferrothorn:
:Landorus-Therian::Samurott-Hisui::Gouging Fire::Diancie-Mega::Iron Crown::Zamazenta:
:Darkrai::Iron Valiant::Landorus-Therian::Rillaboom::Dragonite::Iron Crown:
:Medicham-Mega::Raging Bolt::Zamazenta::Landorus-Therian::Weavile::Iron Crown: (WS)
:Diancie-Mega::Suicune::Cresselia::Volcarona::Serperior::Garchomp: (W)
:Samurott-Hisui::Landorus-Therian::Scizor-Mega::Great Tusk::Raging Bolt::Iron Valiant:
:Tapu Lele::Landorus-Therian::Hatterene::Zamazenta::Volcarona::Polteageist:
:Pelipper::Swampert-Mega::Barraskewda::Raging Bolt::Archaludon::Ferrothorn:
:Mawile-Mega::Tapu Lele::Landorus-Therian::Hatterene::Ogerpon-Wellspring::Zamazenta:
:Charizard-Mega-Y::Kartana::Raging Bolt::Landorus-Therian::Iron Crown::Zamazenta:

Balance
:Iron Hands::Latias-Mega::Iron Crown::Tornadus-Therian::Urshifu-Rapid-Strike::Landorus-Therian:
:Medicham-Mega::Tapu Koko::Ursaluna::Corviknight::Ferrothorn::Slowking-Galar:
:Serperior::Medicham-Mega::Zamazenta::Garchomp::Iron Crown::Tornadus-Therian:
:Tapu Lele::Zamazenta::Garchomp::Ferrothorn::Landorus-Therian::Toxapex:
:Tapu Lele::Corviknight::Zamazenta::Latios-Mega::Ferrothorn::Landorus-Therian: (WS) (WS)
:Scizor-Mega::Raging Bolt::Garchomp::Slowking-Galar::Zamazenta::Tornadus-Therian:
:Ogerpon-Wellspring::Tapu Lele::Darkrai::Zamazenta::Toxapex::Landorus-Therian: (W) (WS)
:Pecharunt::Darkrai::Rillaboom::Zamazenta::Ting-Lu::Corviknight:
:Kartana::Latias-Mega::Toxapex::Zamazenta::Heatran::Landorus-Therian:
:Tyranitar-Mega::Excadrill::Corviknight::Tangrowth::Tapu Lele::Urshifu-Rapid-Strike:

Fat
:Kyurem::Latias-Mega::Celesteela::Alomomola::Gliscor::Zapdos:
:Tornadus-Therian::Scizor-Mega::Weavile::Garganacl::Toxapex::Gliscor:

tl;dr Fat is bleh, Offense is really good at the moment and I'd capitalize on what it has to offer, Balance is still solid, Ogerpon should've been banned but now we pray for a Zamazenta ban. Building in general is fine to me but I feel like the in-game play of things should be thought about more these days. Glad I could redeem myself with an undefeated record compared to last year (:dread:), thank you sealoo and Sulo for letting me venture on my redemption arc and the rest of US South for being excellent teammates. See y'all next year hopefully

Last edited:
Sharing all the teams I used during NDWC IV, how they performed in-game and my general thought process in prep behind each one.

Week 1 - Sinistcha Trick Room vs TDR (W)

:sinistcha::hatterene::stakataka::ursaluna::cresselia::mawile-mega:

We played India for Week 1 both this year and last year. Last year I was outprepped by Raj, who out-offensed me with and a ton of faster revenge killers and priority spam. Going into this week I was expecting a similar prep, and I knew my opponent preferred offense generally, so I wanted to try Trick Room. I settled on Sinistcha to cover both ID Press Zama and Urshifu-Rapid which I was also expecting to see, and it also functions as another setter and breaker with Ghostium Z. I think Trick Room overall is a little undersold as a playstyle and not fully optimized yet, but also still too much of a fish to be consistent unless you're sure you'll get the matchup.

Week 2 - SD Garchomp Psyspam vs delemon (W)

:tapu-lele::polteageist::corviknight::hatterene::garchomp::hawlucha:

Looking at my opponent's replays from this tour and other recent nat dex tours, his main Ghost resists were Zama and Grimmsnarl combined with some faster heavy hitters. I was expecting offense again here, so I decided to go with Psyspam. Felt confident I could outplay anything except (again) Urshifu-R, Rain and opposing terrain, hence the Tera Dragon Corviknight pick. It’s a bit of a momentum suck on these types of builds and generally doesn’t belong, but ironically saved me and won this endgame.

Week 3 - Darkrai Moth HO vs dex (W)

:darkrai::iron-moth::ogerpon-wellspring::landorus-therian::iron-crown::dragonite:

I had to respect Rain this week since my opponent had brought a couple different rain variations in ssnl/other tours, and Rain generally looked good into my scout the last two weeks. Overall similar thought process to the prior week, brought Tera Water Demon Crown + booster Moth with Dragonite to have some offensive speed control and counterplay against Rain and felt I could outplay the rest. Ended up getting a really tricky matchup against MediLuna with strong breakers + slow pivots but opposing Koko and no T-wave Gking helped win the game.

Week 4 - CB Zama Volcanion BO vs Soul King (W)

:darkrai::ting-lu::zamazenta::volcanion::slowking-galar::corviknight:

I have a lot of respect for SoulKing as a circuit finalist, and I knew he would be familiar with what I generally like to use so I tried to mix up my scout a bit with this CB Zama bulky offense. I was expecting to either be hard stalled or Dittoed, so I prepped Tera Ghost + Fire Spin Volcanion paired with future sight support to help CB Zama break easier. Psyshock Darkrai forces Tera on Clodsire stalls and also still covers things like Valiant, Kommo-o, Blissey without risking miss, etc., though it's generally just for stall. I played this game a bit recklessly but I was 3-0 at the time and playing with a ton of confidence, hence some of the reads.

Playoffs - Tera Dragon Gouging Fire HO vs ezra (L)

:darkrai::gouging-fire::grimmsnarl::mawile-mega::ogerpon-wellspring::garchomp:

For whatever reason I was expecting Hydrapple stall or some type of semi-stall that covered the breakers I had been using in prior weeks, hence why some of these sets look the way they do. Had a shot to win this game but needed a few breaks I didn't get at the end and generally could have maximized odds a bit better. Opponent brought Taunt Torn lead which covered my suicide Lando usage well + Sand for speed control and generally bulky anti-offense which worked well.

Finals - 3 Atk Mega Scizor + CC Gouging HO vs tempo di anguria (L)

:darkrai::gouging-fire::scizor-mega::landorus-therian::ogerpon-wellspring::zamazenta:

Everyone is good in the finals and tempo won SS Cup, so I wanted to stick with something comfortable that didn't auto-lose to anything on preview. Looking at his scout from this tour and what tempo likes to bring generally, I was always set on 3 Atk Mega Scizor + offensive Fire as the core of this build. I expected seeing ID Press Zama (and evidently he did also), and brought tools in the event he decided to stall/Rain as his preferred form of anti-offense. In hindsight this is the only team I regret bringing, not because it isn't solid but I felt I got outprepped in this game, even if I had plays to win it at the end.

Enjoy. :psyglad:

W1 vs Chino_ :Tyranitar-Mega::Alomomola::Dondozo::Gliscor::Tornadus-Therian::Heatran:
This is an aggresive counterteam, Chino is very well known for using alo/clod/tar/glisc so taunt torn looked good into that except for ttar, superpower tar is exclusively to lure and ohko the ttar so then torn could 6-0 comfortably. Ttar + spikes + tran is also amazing into the kind of weird balances that I saw in the scout, and alo is just there to ensure nothing could ever go wrong vs fat. Dozo was there incase things went south against some weird setup sweeper and is the team's pon cope. All of the evs are courtesy of banana, the idea was to minimize hp to maximize value from alo's wishes. Needless to say the team worked perfectly.

W2 vs ChrisPBacon :Mawile-Mega::Corviknight::Clodsire::Kyurem::Slowbro::Meowscarada:
So uhh this week the entirety of our team had a stroke and we all brought some very interesting (bad) teams, myself included. The original plan was to bring maw bc that looked pretty good into this scout, I think I was just riding the high of last week's success and the team devolved into some weird bo(?) thing, anyway this team is really bad and the game went equally poorly, since I had exactly 0 answers to samu and my entire team lost to offensive molt.

W3 vs Leni :Urshifu::Slowking-Galar::Landorus-Therian::Serperior::Diancie-Mega::Darkrai:
I saw that Leni was unfamiliar with nd, so I expected some more offensive/bo team, scarf shifu destroys most offense and mdia + darkrai is extremely good into most BOs. This was during the peak of my serp addiction so I slapped it on as massive cope for pon, and capping the team off with lando + glowking bc they're broken. Game went pretty well, I was solidly on top in the early/mid game, the only thing that was scary was volc at the end bc I gaslit myself into thinking it was tera grass but turns out it was tera ground and I ended up winning pretty cleanly

W4 vs Beleth :Iron Moth::Iron Valiant::Kommo-o::Landorus-Therian::Scizor-Mega::Serperior:
I really have no clue what motivated me to build this team. The initial idea was booster spam, then serp + kommoo are my cope vs pon, occa berrry on serp to sac it and kill volc with glare, and landorus is there bc it's landorus. I truly have no idea why I decided to go with this sciz set though, it really should have been just 3a, or at least cc 4th. The game was pretty messy seeing as I really had very little for rain, and it came down to a roll but in the end I managed to secure this win.

W5 vs LpZ :Pelipper::Archaludon::Barraskewda::Iron Treads::Raging Bolt::Weavile:
LpZ had only played a single game and I wanted to test out rain. Pelli/arch/barra/raging are all necessary on rain, then I decided to use treads for removal + pivoting + raging/arch answer + rocks, I think this mon is hot ass in general but on rain it's very very good. Weavile is there to trap pon and it can also trade against arch and ferro to open up barra. I got insane mu where arch 6-0d on preview but an untimely draco miss and a following misplay led to me losing, icl though there were a lot of other sequences I could've taken with arch to get a safer win.

Semis vs pdt :Lopunny-Mega::Kartana::Landorus-Therian::Slowking-Galar::Raging Bolt::Samurott-Hisui:
This was an attempt at another counterteam, as I saw pdt running weird offenses on ladder leading up to this game, so I built this the day before my game to beat offense. Lop is there because it's lop and im expecting offense idk what else you want me to say. Kart is the team's dedicated pon cope. Then lando + gking since fs pairs pretty well with lop and can allow it to do stuff against zama. Bolt is there as added pon cope and as my wincon, and AV samu is there because the team was very weak to tran and I liked the idea of fs + spikes to break. This game I played out of my mind for the early/mid game, almost fumbled the end game, I think I made the absolute worst sequence of plays possible but in the end a predictioned sealed the week and secured us the tiebreak.

Semis Tiebreak vs pdt :Tapu Lele::Zamazenta::Landorus-Therian::Ogerpon-Wellspring::Heatran::Toxapex:
Sandia (tempo) passed me this 6, the idea was that pon + lele + zama is the strongest offensive core in the meta and I had yet to bring it. I decided to try Psychium Z lele to lure gking so that tspikes from pex are able to freely do their thing. Scarf lando bc I needed speed control and defog, and tran is kinda self explanitory. This time around the mu was pretty rough but I managed to get a few reads right and admittedly got quite lucky aswell, but in the end I managed to secure us our spot in finals.

Finals vs Kyo :Venusaur-Mega::Landorus-Therian::Heatran::Zamazenta::Samurott-Hisui::Tapu Lele:
Again a Sandia build, we looked at the scout and realized that venu looked amazing into most of the teams that Kyo had brought, samu is there because venu forces a shit ton of switches and pairs nicely with spikes. The rest of the team is quite standard, ep + helmet lando was a last minute change bc I was scared of zama, lele + zama is an excelent core and tran is there to answer lele, volc, get rocks and stallbreak. This week I had quite a good mu with lele, and I just positioned well with it and didn't choke so I managed to win.

All in all building is pretty nightmarish with pon and zama around, I found myself almost using zama every single week just to answer pon, icl she should have gone but whatever hopefully zama goes so we have grounds to resus some time in the future. Tier in general is a lot of fishing but regardless very fun outside of the builder. All of these teams except for w1 and w2 are sample submissions.

Special thanks to
Tempo di anguria for building half of these teams and helping me build the other half, without your help I seriously doubt I would've performed even half as well as I did
Darkness 789 I can't even count how many test games we played, helped me so much in deciding what sets to change and what teams to use
Mrbanana45 for helping me a lot with building these teams, although there were some attempts at sabotage (like almost making me run regular ogerpon) you were a massive help
XXVI HolaSoyBalto Tarre25 you guys were also super helpful with testing and helping me finalize the sets
hopefully we can all come together again next year and bring the whole thing home

Yoo, tempo here!! i will post some of the teams that i made for LA and some ideas that we didnt use. In fact i was the builder of the team, so ill post some teams that i used for my games and some other that my teamates used.

W1 VS UK W
:iron-valiant: :landorus-therian::raging-bolt: :ferrothorn: :tapu-koko: :latias-mega:
this was a banana ahhh goofy team, it looks weird and it its weird, but is the ultimate rain killer.

W2 VS ASIA L
:tapu-lele: :medicham-mega: :moltres: :landorus-therian: :ferrothorn: :samurott-hisui:
seths team, i didnt know what could i bring so i asked him and sealoo. cant say that much since it isnt mine, but it is just too good for offensive users as me.

W3 VS EUROPE W
:landorus-therian: :tapu-lele: :hawlucha: :iron-crown: :volcarona: :hatterene:
another team that isnt mine ( i build i promise....) this was from kyo i think? idk it just looks too interesting so i used.

W4 VS FRANCE W
:gliscor: :tyranitar-mega: :zamazenta: :slowking-galar: :ogerpon-wellspring: :zapdos:
just a sample sand ig, it was ttar-waterpon+future what is an insane combo to break, and it works also very good vs sun and i expected that. Zappy and zama are more like supports, zama is just a insane mon to complete any team, speed, damage, bulk, he has everything to be good, and zappy was there to do not lose vs some tanas, zamas and more stuff, just a preatty basic core.

W5 VS BRAZIL (Balto subbed to give newest blood new experiencies ) L
:darkrai: :zamazenta: :ferrothorn: :slowking-galar: :alomomola: :gliscor:
something solid, darkrai specs is always gonna be something interesting in every team, zama is just too good and then there is a preatty solid core such a gliscor-mola-ferro-glowking.Glowking is just a very big support in this team, he gave the team mometum, fsight and tspikes that are a good call vs ho.

SEMIS VS US SOUTH W
:altaria-mega: :tapu-lele: :heatran: :landorus-therian: :toxapex: :urshifu-rapid-strike:
preatty interesting team, i saw the xurk usage so i decided to bring her, since it was a very good call vs urshifu, dnite, gouging fire and dragons in general. Im a big fan of lele av so i bring her into the team, more since she helps alot breaking stuff such as glowking, mola, gliscor, lando and more stuff. Urshifu scarf seems preatty good, more than zama since he can spam strikes and ice spinner, and in general he was an insane speed control on this team. The central core was to be safe vs things like zama, waterpon and lele, and to be less pasive than the gliscor ferro one, and in this type of team i was really needing something more offensive.

FINALS VS US NE W
:weavile: :heatran: :landorus-therian: :diancie-mega: :zamazenta: :slowking-galar:
Big moments needs big calls, so this is how this team was created. I asked sealoo to help me on this because i wasnt sure what i can bring vs LF, seeing his usage i wanted to use zama or tspikes. ID press was a huge call on here since all the teams of LF normally losses vs him ( spoiler, gou fire tera ghost), mega diancie was very good seeing his usage, she wasnt huge on the game but she did a good job. Tran ghost was the biggest call on here to counter another ID press zama, and it worked, maybe it was too much seeing that i have a glowking and lando, but u r never ready enough to play vs a zama. again fisght+dark breaker was very good, in this case it was weavile because of his usage of Lando lead (not only on wcup, in another games such as ssnls,ndpl....) and to counter some psyquic spam teams. A big brother helped me to make this, so that makes it a way more better.

SEMIS TB VS US SOUTH OMAR W
:ogerpon-wellspring: :landorus-therian: :heatran: :toxapex: :zamazenta: :tapu lele:
Again, big moments needs big calls. lando-tran-pex was huge on here seeing what pdt used in all the tour, a good core that counter alot and things and again, it ts preatty offensive even if it is defensive. Zama 4movs was another huge call on here, he normally doesnt have a real in to him so thats why hes on here. Lele cm z was soooo good on here, theres was no ins to that on his scout so that would work on here. To end waterpon would help us to break alot of things and to have a better mu vs things like ho and rain, and again, his scout was preatty weak to him.

FINALS VS US NE OMAR W
:venusaur-mega: :samurott-hisui: :landorus-therian: :tapu-lele: :heatran: :zamazenta:
this was a full counter to kyos scout and game style, saur was a big call on here, since he can wall kyos teams and break them if we were more offensive. Heatran would help lele scarf and saur to break all the other team, and to put rocks, that in fact im a big fan of lando defog. Samu would help saur and lele to put more preassure with the spikes, and in general he looks good seeing the psyquic-ground usage that kyo has. Zama was here to break all the things that can live to lele-saur, and to speed control, and since omar knows how to play it really well he was a good call.

ill put some other teams that fakee and darks used in what i made them completely or at least the sets. And with this some ideas that i didnt use.
:mew: :celesteela: :ogerpon-wellspring: :scizor-mega: :victini: :iron-boulder:
:banette-mega: :ting-lu: :corviknight: :alomomola: :iron-valiant: :tapu-koko:
:lopunny-mega: :garganacl: :ogerpon-wellspring: :zapdos: :ferrothorn: :gliscor:
:landorus-therian: :dragonite: :darkrai: :ogerpon-wellspring: :iron-valiant: :scizor-mega:
:zamazenta: :tapu-fini: :landorus-therian: :slowking galar: :kartana: :darkrai:

wanna thank to everyone who is going to read and use this, it was many weeks of work and effort in this tournament, which despite having ended as I wanted it was a good experience.

Kyo

In Limbo
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
National Dex Leader
Week 1 v Pichus (W) by me
:kyurem: :iron valiant: :kartana: :tapu koko: :landorus-therian: :iron crown:
https://pokepast.es/0d3d655d71c0f941
sry oculars

Week 2 v LBN (L) by me
:mawile-mega: :tapu koko: :zoroark-hisui: :moltres-galar: :landorus-therian: :dragonite:
https://pokepast.es/43018674133a1772

Week 3 v Zio (L) by jaja0203030 with edits by me
:skeledirge: :gliscor: :zamazenta: :garganacl: :latias-mega: :toxapex:
https://pokepast.es/53e091182584b013

Week 4 v Gewwge (W) by me
:clefable: :gouging fire: :venusaur-mega: :landorus-therian: :corviknight: :darkrai:
https://pokepast.es/5e7794d1af525887

Week 5 v Xurkiyee (W) by me
:tapu koko: :alomomola: :skeledirge: :metagross: :garganacl: :gliscor:
https://pokepast.es/2a944775e290ff25

Semis v Mimikyu Stardust (W) by jaja0203030 with edits by me
:latias-mega: :kartana: :rillaboom: :heatran: :landorus-therian: :alomomola:
https://pokepast.es/a4de11ff64fa0cfe

Semis Tiebreak v ezra (L) by me
:tapu koko: :iron crown: :landorus-therian: :tapu fini: :tyranitar-mega: :iron valiant:
https://pokepast.es/2a7c65d05ead437d

Finals v omarsgarciav (L) by me
:diancie-mega: :torkoal: :corviknight: :venusaur: :great tusk: :raging bolt:
https://pokepast.es/23e2452474778465

1yr

formerly I❤BerryKind
Monotype team dump
Week 3 vs crashy (L)
Pretty equal mu apart from gravity but overall the mono fly was a rlly good team I couldn’t utilize it well cuz it was my first time playing mono banded dnite is rlly cool tho
:aerodactyl-mega:-:gliscor:-:enamorus:-:dragonite:-:corviknight:-:thundurus-therian:

Week 4 vs sapphiree (W)
I had a rlly good mu with ground into steel but overall I played pretty decent mono ground is a fun type to play
:excadrill:-:garchomp:-:landorus:-:hippowdon:-:clodsire:-:mamoswine:

Other great mono teams I didn’t get the chance to use gifted to me by the ndmono community
https://pokepast.es/5ec03f4605099116
https://pokepast.es/1f0b9a765ec7356c
https://pokepast.es/ba56ecf3b37eae9f
https://pokepast.es/997bd4a99d1032b8
https://pokepast.es/f133bbb8a0a2297d
https://pokepast.es/9c7cc8c8f4f2a2ee
https://pokepast.es/cc81b71a430b1829 https://pokepast.es/46343e17bde18868
https://pokepast.es/b5db94208658d282

Bonus

DYM vs taka
Not much to say here dym played p good here and secured the dub on a last minute change like a goat
:raging-bolt:-:weavile:-:gliscor:-:slowking-galar:-:aegislash:-:Ogerpon-wellspring:
Made by yours truly (me)

Overall this was the most fun tournament I have ever participated in and it was so fun managing Canada and I can’t wait to run it back next year
IMG_4540.jpeg

teams i used + Some Short Musings

:landorus-therian: :raging-bolt: :zamazenta: :mawile-mega: :toxapex: :ferrothorn: W1 vs Vkhss (L)

didnt have much info on my opp so decided to just load some comfy strong guys i think are strong. fatzo ended up cteaming me and i got farmed by specs lele :blobpensive:

:landorus-therian: :volcarona: :darkrai: :ogerpon-wellspring: :celesteela: :diancie-mega:W2 vs Elfuseon (W)

after getting packed using my standard shit i wanted to hard ho since it looked pretty solid into the type of teams they like to use. ended up getting lucky due to him making a misplay and mu just played itself from there.

:moltres: :ogerpon-wellspring: :landorus-therian: :tapu-lele: :ferrothorn: :darkrai:W3 vs Luthier (L)

went back to my same standard stuff and got farmed. team had nice matchup into the offense he was loading but got stalled which was a very tough mu. After this game I came to the realization this tier is just rps simulator fish or lose so really this was a victory for me. Knowledge Is Power.

:gouging-fire: :landorus-therian: :volcarona: :diancie-mega: :ogerpon-wellspring: :dragonite:W4 vs Nashrock (W)

prob my fav team of the tour, nashrock always spams the same balance/bo i do so knew i wanted some hard offense with z gouging from the start. dnite set ended up being a god call from thebestever543 stolen from ladder champion Red Ak Gl Hf Yall which worked out nice.

:venusaur-mega: :landorus-therian: :heatran: :zapdos: :urshifu-rapid-strike: :tapu-lele:W5 vs Boomenheimer (W)

my favorite ss team i made like 2 yrs ago, this game didnt have stakes and we venu mirrord not much to say.

:medicham-mega: :tapu-koko: :weavile: :heatran: :gliscor: :toxapex:Semis vs MTB (W)

was originally gonna use some rilla + z ice hands shit which would have 6-0d but chris got subbed out and team didnt feel great in testing so just asked fat sealoo for a team w fine fat mu and he supplied. weav trapped his gking pretty early on which should have been a pretty much insta win for me but game went a lot longer than it needed to be due to me making stupid ass unneeded plays but i was tired so I give myself a pass.

:ogerpon-wellspring: :iron-crown: :gouging-fire: :diancie-mega: :dragonite: :landorus-therian:Finals vs Fakee (W)

had a lot of ideas this week but nothing was rly speaking to me. knew i could outplay as long as mu wasnt terrible so decided to run back this team since it looked solid into him. went crown>volc since volc did fuck all into his scout and it also patches up lele mu. game was very close due to me misplaying w crown but broken subnite clutched up.

some other stuff i built throughout that i like

:samurott-hisui: :iron-valiant: :landorus-therian: :corviknight: :volcarona: :gouging-fire:
:gliscor: :garganacl: :toxapex: :clefable: :corviknight: :lopunny-mega:
:ursaluna: :medicham-mega: :corviknight: :landorus-therian: :raging-bolt: :weavile:
:rillaboom: :garganacl: :raging-bolt: :iron-crown: :great-tusk: :glimmora:
:weavile: :slowking-galar: :corviknight: :landorus-therian: :ogerpon-wellspring: :iron-valiant:
:kyurem: :garganacl: :toxapex: :gliscor: :ferrothorn: :lopunny-mega:
:gouging-fire: :scizor-mega: :ogerpon-wellspring: :landorus-therian: :zapdos: :iron-valiant:

thanks isza and goop for having me i had a great time and definitely improved a lot as both a player and builder over the course of this. thanks team for carrying me to my first ring and being goated :heart: looking forward to pl

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)