NFL Quarantine Thread: 2020-2021 Season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Congrats to Mitch Trubisky on being the overwhelming winner of the very first Nickelodeon Valuable Player award.

and lol stoolers water(bomb) u doin :bloblul:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Calling it now, at the end of the game, Browns special teams coach and today's acting head coach Mike Priefer rips off his human mask to reveal his true identity, Bill Belichick. Slayer of Steelers and leader of Cleveland's last playoff win 26 years ago.

Calling it now, at the end of the game, Browns special teams coach and today's acting head coach Mike Priefer rips off his human mask to reveal his true identity, Bill Belichick. Slayer of Steelers and leader of Cleveland's last playoff win 26 years ago.
now that you mention it I aint seen bill recently

clean

is a Tiering Contributor
OMPL Champion
thoughts on today's games:

1. Great win from the Ravens. Glad the "Lamar can't win in the postseason" narrative will finally go away.

2. LMAO STEELERS, I'm sorry WaterBomb, but I saw this coming

thoughts on today's games:

1. Great win from the Ravens. Glad the "Lamar can't win in the postseason" narrative will finally go away.

2. LMAO STEELERS, I'm sorry WaterBomb, but I saw this coming
idk if the Lamar narrative fully goes away, I've seen alot of people just give credit to the defense.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
This narrative will never go away unless Lamar starts a full on dynasty with the Ravens. Even then it will morph into some new criticism. The narrative isn’t borne from any real analysis it’s borne from racism. Lamar is too black to ever be considered a “real” qb for a vast swathe of the NFL audience.

Spoilers: the NFL machine is going to fuck around and try and hype up Josh Allen as a “more complete talent” over Lamar for precisely the same reason.

clean

is a Tiering Contributor
OMPL Champion
This narrative will never go away unless Lamar starts a full on dynasty with the Ravens. Even then it will morph into some new criticism. The narrative isn’t borne from any real analysis it’s borne from racism. Lamar is too black to ever be considered a “real” qb for a vast swathe of the NFL audience.

Spoilers: the NFL machine is going to fuck around and try and hype up Josh Allen as a “more complete talent” over Lamar for precisely the same reason.
I don't want to go too far down this rabbit hole, but I don't think it has to do with racism, moreso just the style of player he is. You don't see people saying Deshaun Watson, for example, can't win in the postseason, or that his style of quarterbacking can't make a deep playoff run.

TheValkyries

I don't want to go too far down this rabbit hole, but I don't think it has to do with racism, moreso just the style of player he is. You don't see people saying Deshaun Watson, for example, can't win in the postseason, or that his style of quarterbacking can't make a deep playoff run.
You would if he was winning enough to be named MVP or even make the playoffs. But he’s not so no one feels the need to put qualifiers on his ability.

Again the best comparison point is going to be Josh Allen who is not as good as Lamar in either running or passing and plays a similar— if lesser— game to Lamar. See how they praise one and criticize the other. See which criticisms are used see how they make comparisons. It’s not hard to spot.

clean

is a Tiering Contributor
OMPL Champion
You would if he was winning enough to be named MVP or even make the playoffs. But he’s not so no one feels the need to put qualifiers on his ability.

Again the best comparison point is going to be Josh Allen who is not as good as Lamar in either running or passing and plays a similar— if lesser— game to Lamar. See how they praise one and criticize the other. See which criticisms are used see how they make comparisons. It’s not hard to spot.
Well we disagree on this point then. I feel like it should be clear to most that Josh Allen is a superior passer to Lamar Jackson. To that tone, Jackson is certainly the better ball carrier.

See which criticisms are used see how they make comparisons. It’s not hard to spot.
Have you ignored the first 3 years of josh Allen talking points? No player was criticized more for accuracy problems than Josh Allen.

The Media (correctly) hypes up Josh Allen this year for being lightyears better than his first 3 seasons, then shat on him (correctly) for being the least accurate QB in the NFL for the first 3.

keys

It's Prime Time
is a Forum Moderatoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
My opinion of Josh Allen getting more hype/praise than Lamar Jackson is just recency bias -- he's been better this season -- and his having won a playoff game first (temporally, though it was the same weekend).
Don't think I agree with this, he's getting more hype because he's a more traditional/prototypical quarterback. We still don't know what the ceiling (or trajectory rather) is for QBs like Lamar Jackson because there isn't really some model of success to compare him to so it's tough to project how he'll develop from here, but with Josh Allen you have a clear path to all the greats that have come before him and you can see the prototypical traits you want in one of those all-time great QBs (the measurables, fantastic arm, the improved accuracy, solid mobility which is a plus). Lamar could very well end up being better than Allen but I think people are more excited about Allen because they know his style of playing the position is something that translates into long term success and provides positive results, people just don't know where Lamar goes from here and if his style is sustainable/viable long term. Lamar has taken a step back this year and that puts even more doubts into people's heads of if his style is something that he can maintain for a career.

TheValkyries

Allen is no more the traditional QB than Lamar Jackson. Allen's ONLY saving grace his first few years was his running ability. Allen was literally GAMEPLANNED to be the primary ball-carrier for the Bills this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)