Sports NFL Thread: 2023-2024 Season

It's not that I want him gone, I want to have a plan for when he leaves. He's not the problem and he's honestly pretty good, but let's be real, he won't be on the Vikings 3-5 years from now.
cus outside players like Justin Jefferson and that ilk (the ones they be like "LOL keep wishing" on trade offers) Kirk is the best option for some ACTUAL TRADE RETURNS cus Kirk is a good QB he's just not the Mahomes, Allens, Herbets, Lawrences , Hurts. Jacksons, etc of the world.
He's really good but he don't "Elevate" (media loves this word) to make the team take "The next step"
(this is no hate i always for some reason enjoyed the Vikes) they could get a great return, try and go into this next draft pool for QB (who we'll see).

personally i think Kirk is good enough to keep his job but I could understand going that way. Kirk may not demand a one but what you could get from a Kirk trade in picks to potentially move up could be interesting.

Bills fan here. I am tired of this coaching staff and the ownership. The underachievement is unacceptable. Still a below average offensive line, inconsistent running game, and lack of creativity on offense. No changes in the last three years. Good on Daboll for getting out of there.

My fellow Bills fans like to blame everything on Josh Allen but I know for a fact about 27 teams would call Buffalo in a second if he were on the open market.

Bills fan here. I am tired of this coaching staff and the ownership. The underachievement is unacceptable. Still a below average offensive line, inconsistent running game, and lack of creativity on offense. No changes in the last three years. Good on Daboll for getting out of there.

My fellow Bills fans like to blame everything on Josh Allen but I know for a fact about 27 teams would call Buffalo in a second if he were on the open market.

Bills fan as well, I don't blame Josh really so much as I blame play calling and like you said coaching (esp OC) and yes ownership to. Josh almost feels and looks neutered in this offense. I don't know if Josh doesnt wanna run as much anymore or they're not scripting anything up for that but everyone was calling him "The Unicorn" for awhile for a reason [having legs as talented as his arm] - where is all that? Dorsey def is the biggest issue to me.

richard sherman put it well on his podcast: "this nfl season is drunk" lol

i'ma a bills fan from a jets family (dont hate them tho, too many gone that i had fun chatting with so Jets get a soft spot, legit wish them well outside vs us haha) hard to say the legit best team atm, everyone keeps saying "Eagles aint playing their best ball but still winning," Niners looked ready to eat the league now seem a lil humbled, hell my Bills went from favs to "are yall okay?," Chiefs got punched today. my fams Jets were disregarded but still fighting ugly or nah, Ravens looking crazy tough, Miami looking strong too but gotta beat a contender with KC coming in off an ugly loss (dont do sports spit talk) i find it all fun. (tbh Fins fans yall prob should beat them i cant root for yall but i think yall could if the team yall dropped 70 on did, on some - "can they score with us?" realm - will i predict that? lol idk KC loves to remind ppl they still hold that spot in moments like this... i will say rival fans or nah if yall can put a dent in that armor ill have heavy respect). interesting year.
I dont do "Ish" talk football just be relaxing for me - outside when the Bills (and yes Jets despite the rivalry but its for loved ones) annoy me. lol

ive def had times in the past being like "yeah thank you the bills aint on tv (i live on long island so jets always are lmao) i aint ready to ruin my day, boxscore following makes it easier" (aka pre-Josh and much as i believe hes top 5 atm - sometimes during) lol

Last edited:
will levis being good makes me happy for Titans fans since i'm no hater.

but makes me a lil uncomfortable accepting we just gunna let "eating the banana with the peel on and mayo in coffee" being adjacent to "starting nfl qb material" be a thing
can't swallow that - since i got no idea how he does lmao.

all jokes aside i am happy for dude.

Last edited:
am i wrong for saying i like the Wentz -> Rams signing.

McVay might help save Carson's career like he did Baker. (wont be shocked if he plays well)

Last edited:
Low risk potentially high reward signing if somehow McVay does fix him. He surely can't be worse than Brett Rypien and a hobbled Matt Stafford.

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
Bills are cooked. Dorsey fired. Josh Allen looks like he’s broken. Stefon Diggs already has his suitcase packed. The rebuild has begun…
I can already see the headlines: “Re-Bill’d Incoming?” In all seriousness, if this means we might finally start getting some parity in the AFC East for the first time in over 20 years, I’m all for it. Let the other teams have a chance for once, you know what I mean? Now all that’s left is for the Chiefs to stop being so selfish in their division and balance will be restored to the AFC.

Bills are cooked. Dorsey fired. Josh Allen looks like he’s broken. Stefon Diggs already has his suitcase packed. The rebuild has begun…
I watched that game before going back to work with 2 of my fam members (cus of a funeral that day) and my fam has Jets & Lions roots and both were like "Wanna jump ship" and I was like guys... eff off lol.

bdt2002

is a Pre-Contributor
Gotta give credit to the MVP for the Eagles

For real though, the Eagles bias has been pretty crazy these past two weeks. We get it, the NFL wants Philly to be the new team to beat, but do they have to make it so obvious?

So while I'm no Colts fan (my Dad was so they're always in my side view) how come we're not hearing as much about their HC's coaching job as some the other teams that "Are seemingly overachieving"?

So while I'm no Colts fan (my Dad was so they're always in my side view) how come we're not hearing as much about their HC's coaching job as some the other teams that "Are seemingly overachieving"?
Colts fan here. I feel like most people dumped any hope for the Colts once Richardson got hurt (myself included). It is pretty wild that they're somehow winning with Gardner Minshew lol

bdt2002

is a Pre-Contributor
Colts fan here. I feel like most people dumped any hope for the Colts once Richardson got hurt (myself included). It is pretty wild that they're somehow winning with Gardner Minshew lol
On the contrary, I feel like a lot of people get their hopes up too high for rookie quarterbacks in the NFL even if they stay healthy. I always try and consider with these prospects that they're usually coming from a lower level of the football hierarchy, so to speak, and that as a result, things that worked for these guys in, say, their college days might not work anymore. Also relevant are the people working around your quarterback. Case in point, my biggest issue with one of your division rivals that being Tennessee. At some point you have to consider the possibility that, if your team is having issues at the position no matter who plays, than maybe it's not the players' faults, but rather whoever is coaching the position. I understand that people were giving your Colts a bad rap with the whole "QB carousel" thing, but at least for now things seem to be working out so that's nice.

-which reminds me, who the heck is the second string on the Jags and the Texans, because if either of those guys get hurt they're screwed-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)