Ninja Re Bang Bang - [Peaked #7]

Senpai D.M

さようなら
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Introduction
Ello frens! Today I'm bringing you my second first RMT. This team was built during Cress meta and has went through changes but overall I'm very happy with this crisp team :] Note this is stall with a Malamar wincon, enjoy!

Proof of peak! http://m.imgur.com/7DeghIl

Lets get to the team now!

Flygon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 128 HP / 132 SpD / 248 Spe
Careful Nature
-Roost
-Toxic
-Earthquake
-Defog

Flygon is the newest member of the team as you can tell by the EVs, still unsure of what spread to use! Before Flygon there was a Spirtomb as a spinblocker and double wincon. The team did suffer against hazards but I had wish support and lefties until I decided it was time to add a defog user as spinners aren't many options that would fit. Qwilfish is a fast little fish that can simply taunt your average Flygon user preventing the defog. The rest of the EVs give Flygon a little bulk to switch into resists and defog away hazards. Toxic is a great option for stalling out walls that get in the way.

Malamar @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
-Superpower
-Knock off
-Rest
-Sleep talk

Malamar used to be a Scrafty that had dropped from UU at the time. I was happy how easy BU was to set up but fairy mons give it a lot of trouble so I decided to give Malamar a try! Shoutout to Spirit for mentioning Malamar over BU Scrafty. As I said BU Scrafty is a lot quicker to set up and doesn't always have to click rest thanks to shed skin. Malamar tho is totally worth the wait and great wincon at any point in the game I'm p impressed with its results. As long as Malamar stays around you dont have to rely on stalling out, you can come in when the times right and win.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
-Toxic
-Recover
-Earthquake
-Scald

Next up is my main squeeze when teambuilding. (More people should use this) I've tried out Jelli a few times but always came back to Quag because I just like this mon more as it feels much more safer to use thanks to unaware :] . This shuts down most set up sweepers that try to get cheeky or many top threats such as Scarf Emboar / Scarf Tyrantrum etc. Its important to keep this at a healthy amount to keep pivoting when needed. Its job is p simple toxic stall and fish for burns.

Audino @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 232 HP / 208 Def / 48 SpA / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
-Wish
-Protect
-Dazzling gleam
-Heal Bell

This is the glue that holds the team together! Clerics are important to have to get rid of status and wish support. The EVs also are p wierd because its a NU spread I didnt feel the need to go max/ max because M Aud is p bulky already. What I love about Aud over Aromatisse is it can be a pivot and you dont need to worry about being worn down. Audino doesnt always have to mega evolve and the mega can be a fighting / knock off sponge.

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
-Thunder wave
-Stealth rock
-Iron head
-Seismic toss

Regi is another recent change due to extra SpD bulk. Once a Bronzong I might have to go back to now if Duggy gets popular again lol. Thunder wave supports Malamar and predicting a switch. It will always get up rocks in a match p much due to Duggy lowering in usage, it has less to fear. Thunder wave is another plus because you can choose t wave over setting up rocks to cripple threats. I was messing with different rockers once was a SpD Drudd only to get 6od to M Glalie lol.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 244 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
-Stun spore
-Sludge bomb
-Giga drain
-Hidden power fire

Lastly the gem of the squad standard shroom nothing fancy. When building I saw a rise in Rotom C and Tangrowth so it made sense to have a sponge and pivot. The reason for stun spore over spore because not a fan of sleep clause it handicaps shroom imo as losing momentum. Now that I think about it tangrowth could also work never tried it because Amoongus never let me down lol sludge bomb is fun for poisons and hp fire can simply drop Durant. Amoongus plays a very important role as a fairy check. In order for this team to work you get rid of any fairy and your good to go. Maybe why I never tried Tangrowth lol.

Importable http://pastebin.com/8Dp3aG36

Shoutouts to everyone in the RU room :]

Any suggestions will be appreciated! Note I did this RMT on mobile sorry in advance if its not the best :3

Last edited:

ss234

bop.
Hi there. This is a really solid stall team that covers pretty much all major metagame threats. The use of quagsire to cover the likes of scrafty is really effective here imo - however there are a few changes that could be made to improve the team.

The actual build is very strong, so I'm not going to suggest any pkmn changes. Mega Glalie is a slight weakness as registeel can be 2hko'd by earthquake and some prior damage, but between glalie, quagsire and toxic damage I feel you can play around it. You're flygon spread is very inefficient though. I don't really get the speed ev's on a defensive flygon - you already hit 236 speed with no investment. Running 24 speed for tyrantrum and scrafty should be enough, and this leaves you with a lot of evs that can be used to make flygon much bulkier. Making flygon bulkier gives you a strong answer to np houndoom. With proper prediction, doomer can do a lot of damage as it easily 2HKO's quagsire with dark pulse. Having a fatter flygon gives you a nice alternative so you don't have to play the prediction game with houndoom. Outside of houndoom, a bulkier flygon is just better in general as it allows you to deal with rhyperior, steelix and delphox etc. with greater ease. The spread is 252 HP / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 24 Spe with a careful nature.

GL with the team.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)