Nintendo Switch Year in Review 2020

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Similar to the Spotify Wrapped thread, Nintendo Switch owners post your stuff. I wanna see what everyone has been playing, and how much.

Here's the link to get it, for those in the US (not sure about other regions, sorry): https://switch.nintendo.com/year-in-review/?cid=N1047-04:ch=eid&mi_u=892CC1E6-78FB-4FF4-AE68-3C47E38F58AA&mi_lang=EN&mi_country=US Hit "share this" and it should prompt an automatic download, then just attach it to your post, or rehost and link it.

EDIT: This graphic is a lie though...I have played Tangledeep more than Final Fantasy VII and Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2 this year. Not sure why it doesn't show up.

Last edited:
most-active.jpg
firefox_frCdT3WGfB.png
most-played-games.jpg
number-of-hours.jpg
number-of-games.jpg

number-of-mario-games.jpg
number-of-mario-missions.jpg
I actually branched out and bought a few other games from the eShop this year. Last year I had a modest 6 games played (Smash, Pokemon, Super Kirby Clash, Tetris 99, NES Online, SNES Online probably), with 934 hours peaking on September 8.

EDIT: I feel like I played more Pokemon than Smash this year to be honest. Most of Smash's playtime is probably from idling on playlists, and that adds up over time.

Last edited:
Similar to the Spotify Wrapped thread, Nintendo Switch owners post your stuff. I wanna see what everyone has been playing, and how much.

Here's the link to get it, for those in the US (not sure about other regions, sorry): https://switch.nintendo.com/year-in-review/?cid=N1047-04:ch=eid&mi_u=892CC1E6-78FB-4FF4-AE68-3C47E38F58AA&mi_lang=EN&mi_country=US Hit "share this" and it should prompt an automatic download, then just attach it to your post, or rehost and link it.

EDIT: This graphic is a lie though...I have played Tangledeep more than Final Fantasy VII and Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2 this year. Not sure why it doesn't show up.
I'd definitely check out the Azure Striker Gunvolt Series if you haven't. 1+2 are bundled together on the Switch and Luminous Avenger Ix is the 3rd also on there. Not especially difficult unless you're on hard or going for score but very solid MM Zero/MMX type gameplay.

At any rate, here's mine. Apparently I spent a lot of time trying to finish the last route of 3 houses even though I can't stand it lol.

most-played-games (1).jpg

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
426F18B1-D7D0-408C-893A-22DD868D4D90.jpeg

Played around for 300 hours this year, got into the Disgaea series around the end of it. Confused why Hollow Knight is on there because I don’t remember playing it at all this year. Great game tho

Blazade I put in 300 hours into Slay the Spire on PC this year help

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
1608748221506.png
1608748227926.png
1608748233809.png

I don't even like Minecraft lol, only reason it's up there is because one of my friends got a realm and another straight up bought the game for me so I kind of had to play it

1608748923505.png

This is solely because my two games with the highest hours in the year were Nintendo-published games. I make this distinction as they were literally the only Nintendo-published games I played this year.

1608748984975.png

I knew I didn't play that much this year, but I'm surprised it was even less than 2019.

1608749016503.png

I didn't remember I had played SEGA AGES Puyo Puyo 2 that much. Heck, I expected Puyo Puyo Tetris (the first game) to be in the list...

1608749046289.png

It's no coincidence that my most active day was the day Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 was released. Contrast it with November 26th in 2019, which was most likely when I could start playing Pokémon Sword for real, as I had just achieved graduation from university.

Last edited:
most-played-games.jpg
persona-nintendo-fan.jpg

image_2020-12-24_130105.png

I'm a Nintendo Fan kind of player because Pokémon is pretty much the reason why I own a Switch lol. Smash Ultimate is no. 1 because it's one of the most replayable games out there. I don't even play Minecraft though it's top 3 because my sibling plays it a lot.

One trend I see in the monthly graphs (including mine) is that the number of playing hours spiked during the onset of the pandemic lockdowns last March to May. Thank you Nintendo and Netflix for saving our asses from boredom.

most-played-games.jpg

Capture12.PNG

While I mostly just use my switch to play smash nowadays I enjoyed the hell out of the DOOMS, Ace Attorney Trilogy, Enter The Gungeon, and while traveling was still a thing I used the switch to pump some time into Don't Starve and Escapists. Would def look through the switch's lesser-known titles as it has a lot of hidden bangers.

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
is a Contributor to Smogon
what civs do u play tho

e: inca sick, brazil is my enemy tho!!

~slightly sad georgia player
Bruv Poundmaker is my go to in every single game. The cree is great early game and allows me to snowball fairly quickly with the free trader you get via the pottery science. If I get put in a shitty starting position I usually go for a religious build and focus on science later.

My other favorite Civ is the Zulu if is im going for a real start position game on earth. African is just soo huge and easy to conquer.

If I were to do a naval game which I very rarely do I tend to go for Dido of Phenocia. Amazing naval unit with a custom harbor that when built correctly grants great bonuses.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This not being open to britbongs is lame as fuck
I'd definitely check out the Azure Striker Gunvolt Series if you haven't. 1+2 are bundled together on the Switch and Luminous Avenger Ix is the 3rd also on there. Not especially difficult unless you're on hard or going for score but very solid MM Zero/MMX type gameplay.

At any rate, here's mine. Apparently I spent a lot of time trying to finish the last route of 3 houses even though I can't stand it lol.

View attachment 302009
This is a pretty good list

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)