Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector

NEW PROBLEM, please read my third post

HALP PLEASE if you have ever uninstalled your usb connector in order to upgrade to a newer version or something.

see, i recently uninstalled and deleted the old files i had for the usb connector and downloaded new ones from nintendo's site. i followed all the directions but as the thing is installing from the installation disk, i get this error:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y146/SKYUPPERCUTT60/nintendo_usb_error.png

that's not my computer as i run XP (or desktop background for that matter lawls) but i get the same pop-up window

help?

please?

ask any questions at all and i'll answer, i have a feeling that this has to do with something i did when i uninstalled the first version.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Ah, I had that problem before. Now I just need to remember how I fixed it >.>

What antivirus do you have, and was it running at the time? Only thing I can remember is to make sure it's totally de-activated.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
This isn't an antivirus problem. Basically, it's your Internet Connection Sharing settings which need fixing.

To enable internet connection sharing go start-Control panel-network connections.

If one Local Area Network is listed on the Local Area Connection screen, other than the USB Connector:
* Right click on that connection, select Properties, and then the Advanced tab.
* If the ICS options are enabled, uncheck all boxes under the ICS area to disable them.
* If the ICS options are disabled, check all boxes under the ICS area to enable them.|

If two or more Local Area Networks are listed on the Local Area Connection screen, other than the USB Connector:
* Right click on the "Network Card," select Properties, and then the Advanced tab.
* Uncheck all boxes under the ICS area to disable them. (If you are getting an Internet Connection Sharing error, the ICS settings were most likely enabled (checked).)

Retrieved from here

sorry for the double post but i can't edit my thread title, of course

so i've gotten past the networking issue, that's ok. but now it says i need to uninstall the nintendo wifi registration tool...which i thought i'd already done. :\

Please follow these steps on your computer to remove the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector software:
  1. Uninstall the USB connector through the Device Manager.
    • Make sure you have the USB Connector plugged into your computer.
    • Click the Start button and select Control Panel.
    • Click "System" and select the "Hardware" tab. Choose "Device Manager."
    • Next to "Network Adapters," click the "+" to expand the list.
    • If the Nintendo USB Connector is in the list, right-click it and choose "Uninstall."
  2. Perform the DEVREMOV process.
    • Make sure you have the USB Connector plugged into your computer.
    • On your computer, click on the "My Computer" icon (found in the Start menu or sometimes on the desktop), and right click on your CD drive containing the Nintendo Wi-Fi connection Installation CD, and choose 'Explore.'
    • Open "NintendoWFCReg/SoftAP." Within there, double-click the DEVREMOV.exe application.
    During the course of running the DEVREMOV program, you will see three windows pop up successively.
    • The first will have a series of question marks. Click "Yes."
    • The second will have a picture of wires and lights moving on it while the DEVREMOV utility uninstalls the internet connection sharing for the Nintendo Wi-FI USB Connector. This will disappear on its own.
    • The third will also have several question marks on it. Just click "Ok."
    • At this point, remove the USB connector from your computer.
  3. Check the "Programs" list and, if the "Uninstall" option for the connector is there, run this process.
    • Click the Start button , and select "Programs."
    • If the Nintendo USB Wi-Fi Connector is listed, click on the "Uninstall" program to remove it.
  4. Check Add/Remove Software on the computer and, if listed, remove the USB connector.
    • Click the Start button, and select Control Panel.
    • Open "Add/Remove Programs."
    • If listed, select the Nintendo Wi-Fi connector from the list, and click "Remove."
    • Follow the prompts to uninstall the program.
    • Reboot your computer to complete the uninstallation.
i have done all of this, it is no longer under the device manager, did the DEVREMOVE thing (although it didn't show that second pop-up window until recently), it isn't even under Programs anymore, and neither is it under Add/Remove Software.

what am i doing wrong .__.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)