No Adamant 31 Attack IV?

I read in another thread something about Adamant Pokémon not being able to roll 31 for their Attack IVs. Is this true, and if it is, can someone explain my bred Adamant Phanpy with 31 AT IV when neither parent had that stat?

On a completely unrelated note, is it good or bad that every time I think up a moveset for something and then go check Smogon's page for a second opinion, I find the exact set? :p
~Uiru

hey Uiru, that thingy that your talking about is completely untrue. You can get a 31 in a stat, any stat at any time... natures don't affect IVs. A lot of Gyarados, Salamence, Garchomp etc all have 31 ATK even with adamant nature.

And if you come up with movesets that are similar to the analysis it probably means you have a decent understanding of the metagame, and OU threats :P

First question: Propaganda, in future ask questions like this in the "Ask a Simple Question" thread.

Second one: It's probably a good thing it means you have an intelligent strategic mind, although it would get annoying if you were trying to create a new set and its already there :P But most viable sets for most Pokemon ARE listed in the analysis, so its something you can expect. It really depends on which Pokemon you though up movesets for, I mean things like Heracross are no-brainers.

I think it's something like how PIDs make certain nature/random IVs impossible, like how apparently there's only a few natures that can get six 31's randomly.

I have absolutely NO idea about this stuff though, so feel free to laugh at me if I'm wrong. I've seen a couple of Adamant Dittos with a 31 Attack IV, so this particular one seems untrue. But yeah, I'm TOTALLY the wrong person to ask.

There is easily a 31 in each stat for each nature, just only one 31 at a time, but that means its possible to get any random IV with any nature.

There are over 4 billion different PIDs on DP according to X-Act ~_~

To consolidate: That only applies to caught Pokemon, not bred Pokemon; the big restrictions start coming into play when we're looking at more than one IV at a time--I recall there only being one or two natures possible for all 31s, for instance.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
What Uiru is asking is not if it's possible to get a random 31 IV in Attack, but if it's possible to get a random 31 IV in Attack with Adamant nature.

First of all, it is entirely possible to encounter a wild Adamant Pokemon with 31 Attack IV in DP. I've checked with my PID generator and it's possible (for example, a 1/31/0/0/0/21 IV wild Pokemon can be Adamant).

However, even if it weren't possible, you can still breed an Adamant Pokemon with a random 31 Attack IV due to Everstone.

Also, ultimatefreshness, it's NOT always possible to encounter any IV combination of Pokemon with _any_ nature. There are 2^32 PIDs (4,294,967,296), and there are 25 x 32^6 combinations of IVs and natures (26,843,545,600). The second number is much larger than the number of possible PIDs, so some natures (most, actually) are left out. However, this is not much of a problem as I said, since you can pass the nature 50% of the time thanks to Everstone while breeding.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
To add on to X-Act; I have an adamant Ditto with 31 in attack from Emerald, so I know by example that it is possible.

Just wondering... does the synchronize thing actuall makes pokemon with certain nature appear more often, or does it have the 50% chance of 'switching' the pokemon's nature?

Also, ultimatefreshness, it's NOT always possible to encounter any IV combination of Pokemon with _any_ nature. There are 2^32 PIDs (4,294,967,296), and there are 25 x 32^6 combinations of IVs and natures (26,843,545,600). The second number is much larger than the number of possible PIDs, so some natures (most, actually) are left out. However, this is not much of a problem as I said, since you can pass the nature 50% of the time thanks to Everstone while breeding.
Whoops you misunderstood. I was saying that there is at least one x/31/x/x/x/x spread for each nature, and not just for attack, for every stat too. Sorry for not making myself clear enough, I'm not great at that

X-Act

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Just wondering... does the synchronize thing actuall makes pokemon with certain nature appear more often, or does it have the 50% chance of 'switching' the pokemon's nature?
It has a 50% chance of replacing the nature which would have been extracted normally from the PID of that Pokemon with that of the female parent.

It has a 50% chance of replacing the nature which would have been extracted normally from the PID of that Pokemon with that of the female parent.
If he means when synching something in the wild, it cycles through the next available PID until it reaches one of the synchronizer's nature. It basically jumps the RNG foward iirc.

X-Act

Yeah I misunderstood. Didn't see it's synchronized. I don't know how Synchronize works. If that's the case (what Raikou says) then that's cool for legality checking purposes.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I thought Synchronize just used whatever PID the game would normally use, but sort of "brute force" overwrote the nature.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
In terms of breeding, any combination of IVs and natures is possible, especially with Everstone and Ditto involved.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Too much "I think". If you don't understand how the game actually does it, please don't post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)