NOC OC NOC GAME OVER - Now Despair

Status
Not open for further replies.
how do you contribute meaningfully at this stage? i really hate having to fall back on the "im new" stuff but I genuinely feel super lost when basically nothing's happened.

I'm not exactly sure if RQS is pointless or not but it can't hurt to at least give it a shot hahaha. I guess I'll post some questions that might be useless, might not be useless, who knows?

1. What is your typical village playstyle, and how does it differ from your mafia playstyle?
  2. If you figure out someone is mafia, whether it be through deduction or a role such as cop, how do you typically go about convincing people of it?
  3. If you get targetted, what do you feel the best method of alleviating suspicion is?
  4. Opinion of bandwagons?
1. I tend to be fairly reserved with both, not posting unless I have something meaningful to say or a question is thrown my way.
2. I vote them for lynch if by deduction, showing my evidence and reasoning. If I find out by a role inspection I wait a little until I feel it's a safe time to let loose.
3. I sometimes panic and give up on defending myself, but I feel like the best way to handle such a situation is to stay calm and respond logically.
4. Some people get on bandwagons to alleviate suspicion and lower the chance of getting themselves lynched. There can be some important information in bandwagons that, when analysed, can tell you what a person's motives are.

To be fair, the most serious comments I've seen so far were people denouncing RQS.
Which is something productive it did I guess? lol

I suppose reads and question(s?) about reads are kinda serious as well.

~~~~~
  1. What is your typical village playstyle, and how does it differ from your mafia playstyle?
  2. If you figure out someone is mafia, whether it be through deduction or a role such as cop, how do you typically go about convincing people of it?
  3. If you get targetted, what do you feel the best method of alleviating suspicion is?
  4. Opinion of bandwagons?

lol question 1
I claim cop and tell people that person is mafia.
The best method of alleviating suspicion is to continue what you were doing before, probably. Unless you were purposely gathering suspicion or something and have some kind of trick to reveal.
bandwagons are great places to gather reads

1. generally try to dance around early(as either alignment) and provoke telling posts until i find a scumread(as village)/person i can effectively pretend to scumread(as mafia) and then tunnel until either successfully getting that lynch, realizing that lynch is getting no support and switching off it, or realizing i was wrong and switching off it
2. usually try to just post the read as a strong read and begin the above tunnel process, claiming the proving role only if it feels necessary / worth it
3. avoiding actively changing behavior after being attacked
4. if they happen they're great to analyze, if people actually make a lynch without good reason because of them they're still great to analyze but really should never have happened

actively refusing to answer this second round of RQS in protest. instead, specifically ButteredToast , as the current player with the most town reads, who do you think is scum, and who do you think is cute? reasons are encouraged.

Asek , where would you want this game to go, as far as discussion points and wagons?

Blazade , in the event that the player we lynch today is just a plain old Vanilla Townie, what will you be looking for tomorrow in scum tells?

i mean that's one shitty interpretation of what i said. my intention was more "this is something that probably won't happen and will give us 0 information, how would you deal with D1 Pt 2" but i guess thinking the person with authority issues wants you to have authority over them is another way to read it.

Asek

Banned deucer.
Where do I want this game to go? Away from RQS and more towards actual thought being put into the motivations of what people are doing.

At this point of the day I'm happy to lynch martin or knights for initiating an RQS that has moved away from what can actually reveal things (RVS) into useless rubbish that is non alignment indicitive no matter what somebody answers. Seriously RVS usually amounts to nothing in the grand scheme of things but its infinitely better then RQS because it naturally flows into game discussion and scumhunting rather then what RQS does in providing a stunted set of largely irrelevant to the game information thats only use is to trip newer players up or let scum gain some kind of town credibility for no real reason.

Also shubaka you don't actively tell people your scum tells. Thats just broadcasting to scum HEY DONT DO THIS AND IM NOT GOING TO LYNCH YOU ANYTIME SOON. Play your cards closer to the chest in relation to that. I know what I'm looking for. I've seen a bit of it thus far.

Also stop just highlighting players and asking questions of them that are largely irrelvant to what they've been saying earler. I don't know why thats a thing but you've got to engage with the players with YOUR OWN VOICE if you want to gain a proper sense of a read on them

You wanna know whats gonna really get this game going? Actual wagons and stuff. I'm gonna kick this shit off

On that note and to also finish my post

Lynch Walrein
This is where my votes sitting at this point. Walreins done a couple of things so far that are worrying to me at the very least. If people want me to expand on this I can but I'd rather not.

If I was to say who I'd prefer to lynch in these early stages, I'm not opposed to lynching martin + knights as mentioned earlier but also BT or shubaka as well. But Walrein is #1 at this point.

Slight town read on Asek for that, seriously, RQS is so hard to respond to in a way that makes the game progress and thus their argument for martin/knights makes sense and I guess I agree with it. That said, it also seems like an easy way to contribute and I guess I wouldn't mark either as scum just because of RQS and since it's an easy way to post.

Walrein is playing differently then I remember (that said, I also don't remember the last NOC I played with them) which is interesting and probably worth digging back through the past few pages. Which sounds like a good task for after midterms.

Honestly I feel like being against RQS is more a matter of personal preference and principle and not really an indicator of alignment. The same for offering RQS questions, though the person who offered the secodn set of questions is slightly suspect for encouraging nigh-filler posting.

Admittedly, I have no idea how anyone gets alignment information out of RQS, especially on day 1. It doesn't seem like it'd be too productive on other days either, unless we start asking questions like "Why do you think x lynched y" or "why do you scumread xyz

Vote Fort Colorcastle
Lynch Walrein
you either need to unlynch or not fake lynch.

1. Voting must be in the format "VOTE: user". If it is an acronym or some shortening, such as calling Former Hope FH, that is fine. Votes not bolded or out of those format will not count. Unvoting is required but just saying "unvote and VOTE: user" is fine.

so uh yeah

How many times do I have to point out that this is my standard D1 scumhunting method before people understand that ripping on it isn't very encouraging or helpful. D1 is harder for me when I have to sort through layers of strat opinion to get to actual AI tells.

How many times do I have to point out that this is my standard D1 scumhunting method before people understand that ripping on it isn't very encouraging or helpful. D1 is harder for me when I have to sort through layers of strat opinion to get to actual AI tells.
I have no idea how you get tells off of those questions: they seemed more "what do you think of xyz in mafia as a whole"-type questions and less game-specific, but ok w.e do as you wish.

Shubaka a VT dying is not "D1 part 2" becuase they will have flipped town and that will inform my reads in other players depending on context.

I'll take that reaction for now. Fuck having to unvote unvote vote aubisio

I probably don't lynch Knights or Martin today but I respect Asek's read anyway. Walrein being experienced scum is realistic at this stage but there isn't any evidence for it. Lightwolf is too good to read but he hasn't pinged me yet. BT was capable of acting like this as scum in amnesiac but he felt a little more forced there so i'm willing to town read him. Former hope is still a lean town read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)