ORAS OU Offensive Mega venusaur Balance :)

how was my building prosses

• it was funny but not help full

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • funny and help full

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
First of id like to say there is no high peak for this team one because i'm lazy two because were in the middle of suspect testing and i've all faced my dosage of try hards (AKA good players) when I gots reqs lol xD but mainly just because im lazy.

The reason being making this team is because I think offensive mega venuasuar is a under used and over looked treat and that I wont more people to use it and I just thought it would make for a really fun and competitive team , now that out of the ways lets move onto the team.

Now i'm going to try and go though team building proses feel free to skip it because its probably going to be awful because it my first time doing team building although it would be awesome if you read it so here we go

So I started of with mega venu and for once i went and read what smogon had to say about the about mega venu (only the team option bit) and it said you should run pokemon to adsorb burn with mega vena i then there was a list of mons that could do that and i came across clefable and yea you dint need to tell me to use clef twice so bam it was on the team.

So then i had clef and mega vena and i thought i need a phy's def mon i then i though lando-t (such depth) but thats literally what happend

So Mega vena clef and lando , I though i need a defoger then i thought what the best defogger in the tier latios (again such depth) but really this is why i said you could skip it lol and this is actually how I though of this also it said that you should run hazard removal with vena on smogon which i do with most teams any way

So at this point i came to the realisation that i'm weak to Mega gard so i though since we have a defogger let go with talon flame which also brings priority

then i though what work well with theses mons thats broken as well , Keldeo! (again such depth)

Now your scared by my horrible attempt at a bit of humour and how brain less the team building proses was let go into a bit analysis of the set and the team in general

First Mega venusaur

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis
This venasaur set is what the team is build around it is an offensive tank i can deal with many pokemon like clefable and ferro with out a sweat and is generally just purpose to hit stuff and heal when it get low

Second Clefable

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind
clefable is my spdef wall its primory job is asorbing burns for mega venusaur and t-waving things and dealing with latios and various other special threats but you probably know all this so no need to go into much depth the defensive evs lets you take two Psyshock from latios but its just the standard set

thirdly Lando-t

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 16 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
Lando-t my phy's def wall good wall partner for clef deal with physical threats u-turn bring momentum
and it sets up rocks the speed if for jolly azu and rotom-w trying to out speed jolly azu spdef is so you can live a hp ice from Mega manectric at full hp

fourth latios

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Recover
latios is really good offensive mon hitting on both the physical and special side thanks to Psyshock and it defogs for talon flame Roost becuase since it the only hazard removal mon i cant afford to lose it early in games

firth talon flame

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 196 SpD / 64 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
talon flame is my check to Mega gard and my stall breaking pokemon and my priority user the speed it to out speed garchomp running max speed and lando's running max speed and base 100 running max speed to you can burn and taunt them before they move

Last but not least Keldeo

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Electric]
keldeo its just a really good mon amazing power counter bish and weavile for me .HP electric because it hit more things than icy wind does e,g slowbro starmie gyrados

hope that was bearably here's the importable and any suggestion and comment are welcome even if it just saying that team is awesome ;) (very unlikely) Also one last thing I made this at mid night so sorry if there some mistakes

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 16 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Recover

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 196 SpD / 64 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Electric]

replays (there not the best tbh)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-354506862

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-354504824

Last edited:
Hey there kek123! This team's really nice. Don't worry about trying to explain the process for your team building btw, you seemed like you had the right idea of what to do.

Moving onto the team, it looks really solid, but there is a slight weakness to Talonflame that could be addressed, especially since Lando gets worn down really easily and it is your only check to it and doesn't appreciate switching into Will-O-Wisp variants (cripples it and wears it down even faster than it already is). To alleviate this, I would recommend a Rotom-Wash>Keldeo.
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

This gives you a more reliable Talonflame counter that can repeatedly come in on it and gain momentum via Volt Switch. It also gives you a much needed switch-in to the likes of Tornadus-T and a secondary check to Fire-types like Mega Zard-X and Victini.

After this, I would go with Bulk Up or Swords Dance>Taunt on Talonflame. Tbh, this isn't necessary, it's more just my personally preference because the ability to boost Talonflame's attack allows it to break past staple stall members such as Sableye, despite you already having Clefable on the team. If you choose to go with Bulk Up, I would run Acrobatics>Brave Bird w/ no item because the lack of recoil increases your longevity.

Next on Landorus-T, I would run an EV spread of 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe because this is all you need to live Mega Man's HP Ice so you can live more physically bulky hits. Another option you could do on Landorus is Knock Off>Stone Edge. Of course, this is only if you prefer this, but with Rotom now on the team, you no longer desperately need Stone Edge on Landorus, so you are free to have the utility of Knock Off. Again, not required by any means.
Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Knock Off
- U-Turn
- Stealth Rock

Finally, the last thing you should do is literally the most nit picky thing ever. On all of your special attacking mons, (Venusaur, Clefable, Latios) give all of them 0 IVs in attack to minimize Foul Play and other random residual damage.

Hope I helped, and good luck with the team~! :toast:

Hey there kek123! This team's really nice. Don't worry about trying to explain the process for your team building btw, you seemed like you had the right idea of what to do.

Moving onto the team, it looks really solid, but there is a slight weakness to Talonflame that could be addressed, especially since Lando gets worn down really easily and it is your only check to it and doesn't appreciate switching into Will-O-Wisp variants (cripples it and wears it down even faster than it already is). To alleviate this, I would recommend a Rotom-Wash>Keldeo.
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

This gives you a more reliable Talonflame counter that can repeatedly come in on it and gain momentum via Volt Switch. It also gives you a much needed switch-in to the likes of Tornadus-T and a secondary check to Fire-types like Mega Zard-X and Victini.

After this, I would go with Bulk Up or Swords Dance>Taunt on Talonflame. Tbh, this isn't necessary, it's more just my personally preference because the ability to boost Talonflame's attack allows it to break past staple stall members such as Sableye, despite you already having Clefable on the team. If you choose to go with Bulk Up, I would run Acrobatics>Brave Bird w/ no item because the lack of recoil increases your longevity.

Next on Landorus-T, I would run an EV spread of 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe because this is all you need to live Mega Man's HP Ice so you can live more physically bulky hits. Another option you could do on Landorus is Knock Off>Stone Edge. Of course, this is only if you prefer this, but with Rotom now on the team, you no longer desperately need Stone Edge on Landorus, so you are free to have the utility of Knock Off. Again, not required by any means.
Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Knock Off
- U-Turn
- Stealth Rock

Finally, the last thing you should do is literally the most nit picky thing ever. On all of your special attacking mons, (Venusaur, Clefable, Latios) give all of them 0 IVs in attack to minimize Foul Play and other random residual damage.

Hope I helped, and good luck with the team~! :toast:
thanks for the comment , I will definitely change lando's evs and the attack iv's of the special attacking pokemon , but im not so sure about rotom-w because i feel like if im going to be running two counter for every think its gona turn into stall soon also keldeo give me a bisharp and weavile and my team with rotom-w over keldeo would lose very badly to lum bish which is very rapidly gaining popularity .I also feel the team would lack a bit of offensive power with out keldeo

thanks for the comment if you disagreed don't be afraid to reply and I will definitely change lando's evs and the special attacking mons ivs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)