Official MLB 2012 Season Thread

Yeah, I forgot he was winning NL Manager of the year this year. He and every sports talking head can have Johnson's job when he's fired after this series.

How 'bout them Giants?
I mean, it's not MY fault he makes terrible decisions.

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
as a Yankee fan, I feel about A-Rod the way Stallion feels about Josh Hamilton. At least Hamilton does something useful(hit HRs) wtf is A-Roid good for anymore other than sucking up our money(I know, we're the Yankees, we have ALOT of moneY)

as a Yankee fan, I feel about A-Rod the way Stallion feels about Josh Hamilton. At least Hamilton does something useful(hit HRs) wtf is A-Roid good for anymore other than sucking up our money(I know, we're the Yankees, we have ALOT of moneY)
Trade him to the Dodgers. That's what we did with our useless, bloated contracts.

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
Speaking of A-Roid, he bats Second as we try and come back. Please tell me Girardi is going to use a PH in his place, other wise we're playing with two outs

I find it hilarious that A-Rod comes out...and his replacement blasts a game-tying homer in the bottom of the 9th.

I never thought I'd say this but A-Rod is really underrated recently. I'm seeing a lot of people saying he's bad because of his numbers everywhere but if you actually watch him play he's taking a bunch of fine swings and squaring up pitches, a line drive at someone can be worse than a strikeout.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I never thought I'd say this but A-Rod is really underrated. I'm seeing a lot of people saying he's bad because of his numbers everywhere but if you actually watch him play he's taking a bunch of fine swings and squaring up pitches, a line drive at someone can be worse than a strikeout.
lol

Ok "Yankee fans over the internet are giving him more crap than he earned" or something else would be a better term.

I never thought I'd say this but A-Rod is really underrated. I'm seeing a lot of people saying he's bad because of his numbers everywhere but if you actually watch him play he's taking a bunch of fine swings and squaring up pitches, a line drive at someone can be worse than a strikeout.

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
See, if we didn't start A-Rod to begin with, we wouldn't need the 9th inning magic,

Not like I care, we still won, Ibanez doing work

Also, I can't wait for Game 5 of Oak/Det, great rally by the A's to fight off elimination, prob deflated the Tigers.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm tired of hearing all this bashing of A-Rod. Does he need to step it up? Yes. But it's stupid the amount of hate on this dude while Granderson and Cano are posting similar numbers. A-Rod is batting .083 with a .154 OBP and 1 R scored. Meanwhile Granderson has a .091 BA with a .167 OBP, 0 R scored. Cano: .167 BA, .231 OBP, 1 R scored, 2 RBI. Your desire for him to step up his production is valid, but not your blind "hurhur lets bash on A-Rod" hate.

Edit: Also, LET'S GO YANKS! HOPE YOU WIN IT AT HOME TONIGHT SO I CAN BE THERE IN PERSON!

I'm tired of hearing all this bashing of A-Rod. Does he need to step it up? Yes. But it's stupid the amount of hate on this dude while Granderson and Cano are posting similar numbers. A-Rod is batting .083 with a .154 OBP and 1 R scored. Meanwhile Granderson has a .091 BA with a .167 OBP, 0 R scored. Cano: .167 BA, .231 OBP, 1 R scored, 2 RBI. Your desire for him to step up his production is valid, but not your blind "hurhur lets bash on A-Rod" hate.

Edit: Also, LET'S GO YANKS! HOPE YOU WIN IT AT HOME TONIGHT SO I CAN BE THERE IN PERSON!
We're bashing on A-Rod because he unjustifiably makes almost more than anyone in baseball and took performance enhancing drugs and now suddenly sucks. Correlation? Perhaps. Get the fuck over it, Alex Rodriguez is one of the hated players in baseball, and when he's on a streak of sucking ass he deserves all the hate he's going to get.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We're bashing on A-Rod because he unjustifiably makes almost more than anyone in baseball and took performance enhancing drugs and now suddenly sucks. Correlation? Perhaps. Get the fuck over it, Alex Rodriguez is one of the hated players in baseball, and when he's on a streak of sucking ass he deserves all the hate he's going to get.
So it's his fault that he has a bloated, overpaid contract? No one is objectively bitching about his contract, they're bitching about his poor performance. All that I'm saying is that there's plenty of blame to go around and the fact that he gets all of it is pretty stupid imo. Sorry if my logic is pissing you off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)