ohh cheer up the parties just getting started!

As you may have guessed, I couldn't really think of a name for this team so I used a famous Joker line. I've been doing competitive battling for a while now and some of you people may know me as shadow and jolteon from serebii (and for the extremely smart people from here ages ago). If you do remember me from here, then you would remember I was such an amature who thought a team of random pokemon was amazing when it really was not. Anyway, I've been shiftng and changing my team constantly and found it hard to get all the weaknesses sorted, the jobs, the right pokemon ect but I think i have found a team that can probably cover all this and more. I think I have all the roles a pokemon team should have and all the right pokemon in all the right places. But thats is for you guy's to decide. I thank all of you who decide to rate this team and I will take your comments on board so here we go:)

Team At A Glance

The Lead

Forretress@ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Bold
EV's: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
~ Stealth Rock
~ Spikes
~ Rapid Spin
~ Volt Switch

Really like Forrestress as a lead because she can set-up and spin entry hazards away with ease and keeps the team on a whole alive. I choose Stealth Rock over Toxic Spikes as it effects all pokemon as with Toic Spikes may benefit some pokemon. Volt Switch was chosen over the other options as it let her switch out with ease. Overall, a very good lead.

The Special Wall/Spin Blocker

Jellicent@ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Calm
EV's: 252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SDef
~ Surf
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Recover
~ Taunt

I'm sorry but this thing is so epic as it is fat, has a moustache and has a crown. Just plain epicness. Not only is its design epic, but also his purpose which is to take special attack hits and block rapid spin which he does extremely well. Surf is for clear STAB. Will-O-Wisp get the opponent a nasty burn(brilliant for Scizor). Recover helps him last longer. Taunt helps him block opponents recovery moves which will help the team a lot. As for the EV's, they help him takes hit's a lot more and help's his stay alive a lot longer.

The Tank

Gliscor@ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Nature: Impish
EV's: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
~ Swords Dance
~ Earthquake
~ Ice Fang
~ Taunt

Now this is where the battle starts to get fun! After everything's set up and theres no more entry hazards on my side, Gliscor comes in to get some sweeps down, and with his bulk he can be hard to stop. After at least one Sword Dance, he will be able to 2HKO/OHKO any dragon type after Stealth Rock and possibly Spikes damage. STAB Earthquake can handle a lot of pokemon after Sword Dance also. Taunt stops pokemon in their tracks and helps him sweep easier.

The Physical Attacker

Salamence@ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Naive
EV's: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
~ Dragon Dance
~ Dragon Claw
~ Earthquake
~ Fire Blast

My Physical Attacker who kills basically anything to be honest. After one Dragon Dance, he is unstopable. Dragon Claw was picked over Outrage because I didnt like the after effect. Eathquake handles steel types. Fire Blast hits scizor and other physically defensive steel types.

The Mixed Attacker

Infernape@ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Naive
EV's: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
~ Overheat
~ Close Combat
~ Grass Knot
~ Stone Edge

The Mixed Attacker who can break walls easily. STAB Overheat OHKO's steel types easily. STAB Close Combat does the same but also handles dark types. Grass Knot is for ground and water types coverage. Stone Edge handles varios Dragon/Flying types.

The Main Attraction/Special Attacker

Jolteon@ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
Nature: Timid
EV's: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
~ Thunderbolt
~ Volt Switch
~ Shadow Ball
~ Hidden Power[Grass]

My Special Attacker and my all time favourite pokemon. He can sweep pokemon who aren't prepared for his power. Thunderbolt is for a strong STAB. Volt switch helps him switch out when hes in trouble. Shadow Ball deals with ghost types. Hidden Power[Grass] deals with ground types, mainly Swampert. Also, with Thundorous being moved to Uber this is Jolteon's chance to shine and possibly be moved back up to OU!!

So thats the team guys:) and again, thanks to the people who rate this:)

Nice team a few comments
First off. The idea of the team isn't great. You have 2 VERY dedicated walls which can't do mich besides absorb hits and you have two life orb suicidal sweepers. One is choiced and gliscor is The. Bulky one. First fire fang is dum on mence. Don't know who thought that was smart, it's dumb. Roost or swap it for dragonite. Or both. Infernape is fine but this isn't tue right team for him if you understand... Jolt eon doesn't abuse this team either. You have few ways to abuse hazards as well.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi and welcome to Smogon, this is a pretty good team overall. First off some moveset changes. First of all, try using Fire Blast over Fire Fang and a Naive Nature on Salamence. Most Steel types in the metagame are physically oriented. Furthermore, Earthquake allows Salamence to easily dispatch the specially oriented Steel types such as Jirachi and Heatran already. Fire Fang and Earthquake are quite honestly redundant coverage and Fire Blast will allow you to get many more KOs, no point wasting that 110 SpA stat. On Forretress, I suggest switching to a Bold Nature and running Volt Switch instead of Gyro Ball. The one problem with using Forretress on any team is that you might as well say: hi, please set up on me. It also allows you to escape Magnezone provided you correctly predict the switchin. On Gliscor I suggest using Taunt over Protect. Currently, Conkeldurr is going to shit all over your team. It can Bulk Up on your Protect and proceed to wreak havoc. Currently, your only hope of defeating Conkeldurr is to revenge kill it with Jolteon. By running Taunt, Gliscor can shut down the Bulk Up boosts, SD Up, and take Conkeldurr man on man. It also shuts down opposing walls' method of Recovery, allowing Gliscor to help you break through a wall and get Salamence that sweep. Normally, I would suggest a 252 Hp/ 40 Def/ 216 Spe EV spread. But you should NOT be doing this, as Salamence already has Lucario covered, and Jellicent has Toxicroak covered.

As of right now, Trick Room Reuniclus can give you a lot of headaches, as can Latias and Latios. Reuniclus can set up Trick Room against Forretress, and immediately, 4 of your members are at its mercy. Jellicent is the only one that can take hits from it. Unfortunately, Jellicent can do anything back either, so you are still going to be mauled. Latias and Latios can simply get rid of Forretress with HP Fire, then the former can CM Up and take out everyone on your team, while the latter is free to fire off Draco Meteors. Once again, the only pokemon on your team that can take these hits is Jellicent, who once again, can't do anything back. I suggest swapping Infernape for a SubCM Jirachi. SubCM Jirachi has no problems taking on all 3 of the aforementioned threats. Like Infernape, it shits on opposing walls big time. With a 252 Hp/ 252 Spe/ 4 SpA EV spread and Timid Nature, Jirachi can make 101 Hp Subs and laugh at the likes of Blissey and Dusclops who "attack" with Seismic Toss and Night Shade. It also allows Jirachi to escape status, which is Infernape's worst nightmare. The Wallbreaking potential is very much still there, and Infernape's void will mostly be filled. The only thing you'll likely miss from Infernape is that STAB Close Combat, which can be used against troublesome opponents such as Tyranitar. Therefore, Flash Cannon and Thunderbot are the moves of choice, giving you decent coverage, and also keeping a way to dispose of Ttar.

In Summary:
Fire Blast and Naive>Fire Fang and Jolly for Salamence
pros: better "power coverage" against steel types
cons: none really

Volt Switch and Bold>Gyro Ball and Relaxed on Forretress
pros: will no longer be set up on every time it comes in
cons: will no longer be able to hit Pokemon like Haxorus locked into Outrage

Taunt>Protect on Gliscor
pros: helps you deal with Conkeldurr, does better against stallers
cons: can't whore an extra 12.5% Hp (not a big issue)

SubCM Jirachi>Infernape
pros: deals with Reuniclus, Latias and Latios, can protect itself from status
cons: lose STAB Close Combat

GL

Sets:
Salamence @ Life Orb
Intimidate
Naive
252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 SpA
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Forretress @ Leftovers
Sturdy
Bold
252 Hp/ 176 Def/ 80 SpD
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
Impish
252 Hp/ 176 Def/ 80 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Taunt

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Serene Grace
Timid
252 Hp/ 252 Spe/ 4 SpA
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Thanks for the rates guys really appreciate it:) yeh i think i will change fire fang to fire blast on salamence and get taunt on gliscor and switch forretress to a bold nature and swith gyro ball to volt switch:) dont really want to change infernape to jirachi tho as i really need his close combat. So yeh the mods can shut this down now if they want whil i work on the team:) i got all the advice i need:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)