Gen 3 Ok Full Stall

Hi, my name is amg and I built this full stall team, hope you enjoy.

Also, merry Christmas!!!!11. Apparently, people like to link music in their RMT so here is some:

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Surf
- Calm Mind

The nice physical defensive wall that does not die to random Fire Blasts. Suicune is basically the win condition of this team. It is my lead because my opponents usually lead with Choice Banded pokemons. Anything that beats Suicune is usually walled by Blissey or Celebi anyways. I prefer Sleep Talk over Roar or Ice Beam because I have a chance to Surf or Calm Mind while asleep and that seems more valuable to me than phasing or the little bit of extra coverage. Suicune is usually one of my switch-ins to Salamence and Rock, Steel, or Ground types.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

It wouldn't be a full stall team without Skarmbliss. I needed a Wish passer and Blissey fulfills the job. I have Toxic over Ice Beam because I prefer to slowly kill my opponent's pokemon. All of my pokemon either has Recover, Rest, or Wish, so it helps that my Blissey is able to spread status. I also have another pokemon to fill the Cleric role. This would be my switch-in to almost every special attacker besides maybe Celebi.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Whirlwind
- Rest

The second half to the SkarmBliss core, the secondary Physical wall, Skarmory. I am using this EV spread over Fully Defensive because I have Suicune already. Also, the Special Defense EVs help Skarmory set up spikes on Celebi, Blissey, and other soft hitting water types. I am using Toxic over HP Flying or Sleep Talk because I think spreading status is more useful on this team. Skarmory would Toxic upcoming special attackers while Blissey would Toxic upcoming physical ones. I have a Celebi with Heal Bell that will wake up Skarmory when it is asleep. I guess that does put pressure on myself, but Skarmory is not really needed to check any unique pokemon besides opposing Calm Mind Celebi.

Dusclops @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Careful Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Atk / 220 SpD
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp

Dusclops is my spin blocker since it is the bulkiest spin blocker in OU. It is specially defensive because Starmie seems to be the most common and hardest hitting spinner. Forretress cannot really touch it besides Toxic and I have Rest to stay alive and remove status. I am using Restalk because I don't really have the need of using two attacking moves since Shadow Ball gets the job done with hitting Starmie, Claydol, and Gengar hard. I have 36 Attack EVs to ensure the OHKO on Alakazam.

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Surf
- Psychic

I chose Starmie to be my Rapid Spinner because it easily switches into most Spikes users. I chose Psychic over Thunderbolt or Ice Beam because Psychic hits Gengars that might try to spin block me. Anything that gets hit by Ice Beam hard is either checked by my Suicune and Skarmory. My team, in general, deals with water types quite well. The EV spread I have gives Starmie a Speed of 352 which out speeds Gengar and anything slower than that.

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Leech Seed
- Heal Bell
- Recover

Celebi serves as the Cleric for my team. The Leech Seed helps with checking really fat mons like Snorlax, Blissey, and Suicune, and it is just a useful move, in general, to whittle down any incoming pokemon. The 36 EVs makes it outspeed max speed Tyranitar. This is usually my primary check to water types because Recover is the most convenient recovery move. It does not really die to anything besides random HP Bugs and Flyings.

Hope you like the team. Here's a Threat List and the pokemon I usually switch into those threats:

- Suicune, Skarmory
- Skarmory, Celebi
- Celebi
- Skarmory
- Dusclops
- Dusclops, Starmie
- Suicune, Skarmory
- Suicune, Dusclops
- Suicune
- Suicune, Dusclops
- Dusclops, Celebi
- Skarmory
- Skarmory
- Suicune, Blissey
- Blissey or Celebi/Dusclops
- Blissey
- Blissey
- Celebi/Suicune
- Suicune
- Celebi
- Celebi, Blissey/Dusclops
- Blissey
- Blissey, Dusclops
- Suicune
- Starmie
- Skarmory/Dusclops
- Celebi, Skarmory
- Dusclops
- Celebi, Blissey
- Celebi, Suicune
- Suicune
- Skarmory, Celebi/Blissey/Dusclops
- Celebi
- Celebi, Dusclops

Just realized I never faced at least 20% of these pokemon, oh well, thanks for reading my RMT. : ]

Last edited:
Hi amg, merry Christmas to you too !
Seems like a great team you have there, although I'm no huge fan of stall teams. Having played Suicune in 3rd gen OU, I think it's better used late game to get a few calm mind boosts and finish the opponent's team. Suicune's counters are hard-hitter physical sweepers, which can be crippled by Will-O-Wisp Dusclops. Skarmory full Def seems like a better lead against Choice Banded leads as it can set up Spikes on the switch. Just watch out for Fire Blast Salamance.
Also, be careful of Celebi as your Skarmory can only wear it down with Toxic, whereas Celebi can Heal Bell, Leech Seed and Recover. I'd suggest you go for HP Flying instead of Toxik on Skarmory to deal more consistent damage on Celebi, Heracoss and Taunt users.
By the way, do you have battle replays ?

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I can see taunt DD Gyarados 6-0ing this team. Salamence is also pretty scary without ice beam on cune, especially with DD and magneton support. SubCM Jirachi also 6-0s you. CM spam with a bunch of 3-attacks CM mons can eventually overload Blissey, especially with Duggy support.

One quick thing that might help with the Mence and Rachi issues would be using Claydol over Starmie as your spinner. Something like:

Claydol Leftovers
(Idk the exact spread, probably relaxed nature, max hp, enough SpA to OHKO Mence or gengar in sand, then the rest in Defense)
-Earthquake
-Ice Beam
-Psychic
-Rapid Spin

Naturally high spdef (even without investment) and EQ handle Rachi well. Ice Beam + Defensive investment mean it also handles Mence well. This also adds a Rock resist, making things like Ttar and Aero easier to handle.

Idk what to do about Gyarados woes. You may need to just rely on Dusclops to tank a few hits and get a decent chunk of damage against it. To perhaps improve your odds against taunt DD Gyarados, consider hp flying over Toxic on skarm.

To make Blissey's life a little easier, consider using the cm set:
Blissey Leftovers
Modest nature
(252 def, 252 SpA, 4 Spe)
-ice beam
-thunderbolt
-softboiled
-calm mind

Iirc this has enough SpA to OHKO dug, so he's less of a threat. CM also means Blissey sets up alongside CM users to wall them. You still can't fight Roar CM users, and you're less capable of fighting Raikou with this set, but between Celebi and Claydol you should be okay.

Alternatively, if you want a special wall that also improves your odds against Gyarados, try the old standard Regice in Blissey's place:

Regice @ leftovers
(idk the nature, probably bold or calm)
(252 hp, then some split among Def and SpA)
-ice beam
-thunderbolt
-psych up
-rest

The idea is that it's physically tankier than Bliss and has stronger ib for Mence and tbolt for Gyarados. Psych up means you get to wall CM users.

Anyway those are the wacky tweaks I have to suggest.

Jorgen's Claydol suggestion is good, mainly because right now you have no Rock resist and thus both CBtar and Aero are gonna smash your face in. It also doesn't look very hard for DDtar, especially Taunt, to get a sweep going lategame.

I don't agree with Regice, though, that'll just make CM teams even scarier and the Wish support is really key for Clops + especially Dol. Also Gyara is often paired with Mag so HP Flying Skarm will often be useless.

Softboiled is way better than Protect on WishBliss. Also, Ice Beam is a better lone attack, can't be getting walled by Gengar.

Try HP Grass Celebi, this owns Dugtrio (big deal, trap teams give you the business atm) and the more ways you have to hit Tyranitar, the better. You definitely don't want CB outlasting you and wearing you down with good prediction. Reflect is something to consider as well.

Opposing Skarmory is a real bitch. I think you absolutely need to run some speed and Taunt on your own Skarm, over Rest. Even Starmie can't handle SpDef Toxic Protect btw, so you're only helped out by the switch to Claydol.

I'm one of the few who really likes Dusclops (well, maybe not as much with the new STalk mechanics... unless you wanna use Pain Split but @_@) but this team does not do nearly a good enough job at keeping Spikes off for it to do its job effectively against stall teams, especially Forret stall. As I said, Skarm keeps even Starmie out of its face with SDef Toxic (make it Careful btw, it even lives Mag so for example against a trap team you can put down a Spike for Cele/Bliss to have a guaranteed Dug kill and still have Skarm alive), plus bulky Mie is quite rare now. So, I would use some sort of Gengar over Clops, which is devastating with Spikes backing it up and it gives you a ton more offensive presence. Just make sure it has Hypnosis to thwart Pursuit Tar. With sufficient bulk, Gar can also check DD Mence & Gyara, and makes you less destroyed by Heracross, using Blissey's Wish and Celebi's Leech Seed to stay healthy-ish if it has to take a hit!

Merry Christmas

Jorgen's Claydol suggestion is good, mainly because right now you have no Rock resist and thus both CBtar and Aero are gonna smash your face in. It also doesn't look very hard for DDtar, especially Taunt, to get a sweep going lategame.

I don't agree with Regice, though, that'll just make CM teams even scarier and the Wish support is really key for Clops + especially Dol. Also Gyara is often paired with Mag so HP Flying Skarm will often be useless.

Softboiled is way better than Protect on WishBliss. Also, Ice Beam is a better lone attack, can't be getting walled by Gengar.

Try HP Grass Celebi, this owns Dugtrio (big deal, trap teams give you the business atm) and the more ways you have to hit Tyranitar, the better. You definitely don't want CB outlasting you and wearing you down with good prediction. Reflect is something to consider as well.

Opposing Skarmory is a real bitch. I think you absolutely need to run some speed and Taunt on your own Skarm, over Rest. Even Starmie can't handle SpDef Toxic Protect btw, so you're only helped out by the switch to Claydol.

I'm one of the few who really likes Dusclops (well, maybe not as much with the new STalk mechanics... unless you wanna use Pain Split but @_@) but this team does not do nearly a good enough job at keeping Spikes off for it to do its job effectively against stall teams, especially Forret stall. As I said, Skarm keeps even Starmie out of its face with SDef Toxic (make it Careful btw, it even lives Mag so for example against a trap team you can put down a Spike for Cele/Bliss to have a guaranteed Dug kill and still have Skarm alive), plus bulky Mie is quite rare now. So, I would use some sort of Gengar over Clops, which is devastating with Spikes backing it up and it gives you a ton more offensive presence. Just make sure it has Hypnosis to thwart Pursuit Tar. With sufficient bulk, Gar can also check DD Mence & Gyara, and makes you less destroyed by Heracross, using Blissey's Wish and Celebi's Leech Seed to stay healthy-ish if it has to take a hit!

Merry Christmas
Hi amg, merry Christmas to you too !
Seems like a great team you have there, although I'm no huge fan of stall teams. Having played Suicune in 3rd gen OU, I think it's better used late game to get a few calm mind boosts and finish the opponent's team. Suicune's counters are hard-hitter physical sweepers, which can be crippled by Will-O-Wisp Dusclops. Skarmory full Def seems like a better lead against Choice Banded leads as it can set up Spikes on the switch. Just watch out for Fire Blast Salamance.
Also, be careful of Celebi as your Skarmory can only wear it down with Toxic, whereas Celebi can Heal Bell, Leech Seed and Recover. I'd suggest you go for HP Flying instead of Toxik on Skarmory to deal more consistent damage on Celebi, Heracoss and Taunt users.
By the way, do you have battle replays ?
I can see taunt DD Gyarados 6-0ing this team. Salamence is also pretty scary without ice beam on cune, especially with DD and magneton support. SubCM Jirachi also 6-0s you. CM spam with a bunch of 3-attacks CM mons can eventually overload Blissey, especially with Duggy support.

One quick thing that might help with the Mence and Rachi issues would be using Claydol over Starmie as your spinner. Something like:

Claydol Leftovers
(Idk the exact spread, probably relaxed nature, max hp, enough SpA to OHKO Mence or gengar in sand, then the rest in Defense)
-Earthquake
-Ice Beam
-Psychic
-Rapid Spin

Naturally high spdef (even without investment) and EQ handle Rachi well. Ice Beam + Defensive investment mean it also handles Mence well. This also adds a Rock resist, making things like Ttar and Aero easier to handle.

Idk what to do about Gyarados woes. You may need to just rely on Dusclops to tank a few hits and get a decent chunk of damage against it. To perhaps improve your odds against taunt DD Gyarados, consider hp flying over Toxic on skarm.

To make Blissey's life a little easier, consider using the cm set:
Blissey Leftovers
Modest nature
(252 def, 252 SpA, 4 Spe)
-ice beam
-thunderbolt
-softboiled
-calm mind

Iirc this has enough SpA to OHKO dug, so he's less of a threat. CM also means Blissey sets up alongside CM users to wall them. You still can't fight Roar CM users, and you're less capable of fighting Raikou with this set, but between Celebi and Claydol you should be okay.

Alternatively, if you want a special wall that also improves your odds against Gyarados, try the old standard Regice in Blissey's place:

Regice @ leftovers
(idk the nature, probably bold or calm)
(252 hp, then some split among Def and SpA)
-ice beam
-thunderbolt
-psych up
-rest

The idea is that it's physically tankier than Bliss and has stronger ib for Mence and tbolt for Gyarados. Psych up means you get to wall CM users.

Anyway those are the wacky tweaks I have to suggest.
Thanks for the good rates guys, after reading and thinking, I have decided to make the following changes.

Starmie -> Claydol

Claydol @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Psychic
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam

I have considered adding more Special Attack but I would need a lot actually to OHKO Gengar or Salamence so I have decided against it. Claydol being a rock resist and a Jirachi counter does make it a better mon for this team than Starmie since I was only using Starmie for the 80%~ guaranteed spin.

Celebi: Psychic -> HP Grass

Yea, hitting Dugtrio, Tyranitar and Water-types super effectively will be useful.

New Blissey moveset:

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Wish
- Soft-Boiled
- Ice Beam
- Toxic

Yea, I can't be getting walled by Gengar.

Skarmory: Impish -> Careful

More likely to live Magneton's T-bolt. I still prefer to have Rest though for that recovery. I will have to test to see if opposing Skarmory does become really annoying.

Dusclops -> Gengar

Gengar @ Leftovers
EVs: 172 HP / 148 SpA / 188 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Punch
- Giga Drain
- Hypnosis

Since I replaced Starmie with Claydol, I do need a fast mon.

I'll change the RMT sometime soon when I'm not lazy. Thanks again : ]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)