Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gallade is a Pokémon of which I'm sure it will receive a Mega Evolution in ORAS. With the Ralts family being native to Hoenn and Gardevoir being capable of undergoing Mega Evolution, it really wouldn't surprise me to see a Mega Gallade.
Stat hypothesis: 68/165/85/85/115/100 = 618.

Milotic sounds like a good candidate as well, should Wallace reappear as either the Champion or a post-game final boss. Gyarados is in many ways its counterpart and since Milotic is a Pokémon used by a really major Trainer, it sounds plausible.
Stat hypothesis: 95/70/109/130/155/81 = 640.

Metagross is another 'boss Pokémon' in the same vein as Milotic, this big guy being Steven's best. We all know Metagross has suffered a lot in the competitive scene, but I'm positive a Mega Evolution may solve the issue or at least alleviate its problems.
Stat hypothesis: 80/175/150/105/100/90 = 700.

Hydreigon I feel could attain a Mega Evolution due to it never having really shone in its own Generation. It has quite a good offensive movepool, but we all know that Speed holds it back. As such, a Mega Hydreigon with Mega Launcher sounds like a good solution, since having two Mega Launcher STABs already sounds just as fucking frightening as its Dex entries. Just add Flash Cannon for coverage and you're all set.
Stat hypothesis: 92/105/110/165/110/118 = 700.

Okay, I don't speak any japanese, but isn't the japanese website listing mega sceptile as a grass/electric type? Probably just a typo though.

electric mega sceptile.png

It's weird that the text is on a yellow square but no that says "Dragon." Those four characters are a writing system called katakana which is used for writing western words in Japanese. They literally read Do-Ra-Go-N.
(here they are in regular text if you wanna try putting them in google translate ドラゴン)

The type to the left is Plant (as you would expect cause it's green and Sceptile) It's uses a different writing system called hiragana and the two characters read Ku-Sa. くさ Kusa is the Japanese word for grass.

Gallade is a Pokémon of which I'm sure it will receive a Mega Evolution in ORAS. With the Ralts family being native to Hoenn and Gardevoir being capable of undergoing Mega Evolution, it really wouldn't surprise me to see a Mega Gallade.
Stat hypothesis: 68/165/85/85/115/100 = 618.

Milotic sounds like a good candidate as well, should Wallace reappear as either the Champion or a post-game final boss. Gyarados is in many ways its counterpart and since Milotic is a Pokémon used by a really major Trainer, it sounds plausible.
Stat hypothesis: 95/70/109/130/155/81 = 640.

Metagross is another 'boss Pokémon' in the same vein as Milotic, this big guy being Steven's best. We all know Metagross has suffered a lot in the competitive scene, but I'm positive a Mega Evolution may solve the issue or at least alleviate its problems.
Stat hypothesis: 80/175/150/105/100/90 = 700.

Hydreigon I feel could attain a Mega Evolution due to it never having really shone in its own Generation. It has quite a good offensive movepool, but we all know that Speed holds it back. As such, a Mega Hydreigon with Mega Launcher sounds like a good solution, since having two Mega Launcher STABs already sounds just as fucking frightening as its Dex entries. Just add Flash Cannon for coverage and you're all set.
Stat hypothesis: 92/105/110/165/110/118 = 700.
I think you will end up being right about Milotic and Metagross, (don't know about the stats but at least that they'll go mega) for all the reasons you said and because they have the right level of popularity among mass fans.
I really really really doubt it for Gallade though. Gardevoir already got one, if we only get 6 more I doubt the majority of fans would want to see ANOTHER mega in that line. I think they'll hand them out to other mega-less families for a while before they go back and give them to separate branches of families already with a mega (if they ever do) Hyderigon seems unlikely too just cause they don't seem to be giving them to gen V Pokemon for now and because there are a lot of things similar to Hyderigon that seem like bigger candidates (Slamance or Dragonite or even Flygon)

Last edited:
Odds of Mega Wailord with Parental Bond? It makes sense from a flavor stand point.
Can someone explain to me where this comes from because I'm totally lost here. If it's something about a whale and her calf, though, then absolutely not, though; just because a Pokemon can have a child doesn't mean it should be able to get Parental Bond.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Whales travel in pods & calves are always with their mother.
The reason Mega-Kangaskhan gets Parental Bond is because it is literally carrying its baby with it. Wailord is not - therefore it will not get Parental Bond.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
I'm more inclined to believe they won't waste mega evolutions on Lati@s. I think the ones we found in XY are just an abandoned project they didn't care to erase from the game data. Reasons for believing this: 1) there's something amiss with them. Two different pokémon getting mega evolutions that look essentially the same?! 2) They've had many opportunities for revealing mega Lati@s, but they preferred to reveal mega Diance and even mega Sableye. The trailer showed at E3 even shows the boy flying on a Latios and still no mega evolution announcement... maybe because there won't be one?

I think we'll have to wait for DP remakes for that xD
They probably got abandoned alongside with Plusle, Minun and Jynx, they were all on the trademark list we've found earlier.
Now that both Diancie and Sableye aren't on that list, and that Groudon / Kyogre which were on the list are getting something else, I feel that the remainders on the trademark list are abandoned.

I really hope Metagross gets a Mega. He has so many tools that make him unique and useful, he just needs something to compensate for the steel nerf. I think someone on here already suggested Filter, which to me fits with Metagross's flavor, and would seriously add to his bulk (4 weaknesses isn't too bad, even if 4 of the worst ones to have).

It also fits in with Steven's interest in the megastones, since Metagross is his primary pokemon, and Charizard with him makes no sense.

Design wise I'm thinking if they decide to alter the appearance more drastically, instead of the Megas that just have a few add-ons (think Charizard-x as opposed to Mega Ampharos) they should play up the metal crab thing, maybe give him a more defined head with two additional arms in the front(which could be two more Beldum). I guess if Drapion and Metagross were in a freak accident they would look something like that.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they just added some spikes or something.

Would Wonder Guard be too unlikely for Sableye? I know it's weaknesses are only Fairy now, but wasn't Sableye most popular for having no weaknesses at all before (you know, before the Prankster hype). It already has horrendous health, and even with a defense boost I don't see it taking many hits without Leftovers. What could hit Sableye then? Fairies; although this seems broken, Fairies and their moves in particular, were meant to balance out how other types dominated last gen. Fairy attacks provide decent coverage that can't simply be dismissed. There also happens to be Status moves. You can Burn or Poison Sableye for passive damage. It has Rest? Leech Seed, Sandstorm, Nightmare (lol Nightmare). This kind of limits what could hit it, but not carrying any Status moves whatsoever seems unlikely. Even the three Pokémon I lead with are generally offensive with four attack options for plowing through the main game, but is it too hard to have at least one Pokémon on your team that can inflict something other than direct damage? It's broken? Tell that to Mega Kangaskhan. Even with Prankster, Mega Sableye would be relying on the same tactic of Will-O-Wisp/Recover. Not saying it's bad, buffed stats would make Sableye more efficient, but I'm expecting something done differently with a Mega form. If it gets a different ability when it Mega Evolves, it could abuse Prankster before it disappears, giving it a slight edge like Venusaur's Chlorophyll or Gyarados' Intimidate.

Also

Is it just me or was the idea of Mega Diancie generated far after the release of XY (or far before).

I'm not sure, but some people associated Diancie with Diantha. She already has Gardevoir and its Mega though. It may seem odd, but there has been a lot of Jigglypuff (Fairy type/SSB appearance) and Lucario (Being focused on nearly every damn Pokémon game and spin off since Gen IV) fanservice going around despite most of their popularity revolving around the anime.

Last edited:
I really doubt Sableye is getting Wonderguard. Yes it would have more weaknesses but it would also have immunity to several different types along with a 100 stat point boost. Gamefreak would probably think it's too powerful. When Sabeleye first came out and was the first pokemon w/ no weaknesses and 2 immunities, they gave it subpar BST. In that same generation Shedninja, who did get Wonder Guard, was given only 1 HP despite the fact that it did have 5 weaknesses, which is a fair amount of weaknesses.

Wonder guard Sableye probably (and hopefully) won't happen. Why would you guys want to deal with a pokemon who has several immunities, has access to priority taunt in its base form, and will be getting a 100 stat point boost?

Like... the one similarity I can see is that they both have a dress and gown.
I'm 99% sure that's not restricted to May.
Most likely right. Thought there would be a slight connection, remember all the "Hoenn Confirmed" memes circling around?

I wasn't thinking that Diancie of all Pokémon would be getting one though. It's a legendary and other Pokémon from Generation VI didn't get one. There was Mewtwo and then the Lati twins, but they were either the original badass or buried when they were discovered.

If we are getting more Megas, the number of new ones we would get would be about equal to what we had in XY, or at least should be. Most likely candidates include Camerupt, Sharpedo, Milotic, Metagross, and every Gen 3 Dragon. I feel as if Gamefreak would meet us halfway and just give us some of these Megas and the rest would be from the forgotten list of Pokémon. Mega Beedrill comes to mind.

I haven't played RSE in a few years, but Steven's design was ringing a bell. Now I know why Steven looked so familiar, what with his white hair and that tie (and being in 3D)...

See a resemblance? Ignore the fact that their suits and ties are different colors...

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Not to mention from the new trailer, it appears old moves keep their current animations, i.e. Brave Bird, Leaf Storm, Hydro Pump, Overheat, etc. Also, don't forget that wager Cobraroll . You might soon have to change your avatar to a codfish like you said you would IF they add new moves :3.
Yeah, and I still feel pretty confident I'll get to keep the cobra roll. Between BW and BW2, tons of old moves got new animations, but of course not all of them. I'm not saying this new move necessarily is Earth Power, it could also be something like Land's Wrath, Thousand Arrows or Eruption. Either way, the programmers would have had to know about any planned new moves for the generation long before the release of XY. We also know that they did add a bunch of moves not normally obtainable in XY. It would be incredibly counter-intuitive to go to the length of adding some moves for "hidden" legendaries, but not all of them. I mean, there's significantly less work involved in making the games "move compatible" before release, than through a patch, and they were already well underway adding such moves.

We had this very same discussion before BW2 was released. People were adamant that Kyurem-B/W would get new abilities, the most common "prediction" being an ability that cancelled out the charge turn of Freeze Shock/Ice Burn. The fact that Freeze Shock/Ice Burn were made for Kyurem in the first place, charge turn included, did not seem to be of any importance. Then, BW2 was released, and lo and behold, no new moves, no new abilities.

I still firmly believe that whatever moves or abilities these new Pokémon will get, already exist in some form in X/Y. Had they planned to release new moves through patches, they wouldn't have included the ten hidden moves in XY from the start.

I still firmly believe that whatever moves or abilities these new Pokémon will get, already exist in some form in X/Y. Had they planned to release new moves through patches, they wouldn't have included the ten hidden moves in XY from the start.
This very argument could be used for the existence of the Mega Eon twins, who have still yet to have been revealed.

Why is it more work to add new moves/abilities and for whatever reason, not those new Mega/Primal Pokemon?

This very argument could be used for the existence of the Mega Eon twins, who have still yet to have been revealed.

Why is it more work to add new moves/abilities and for whatever reason, not those new Mega/Primal Pokemon?
That's probably because they wanted Mega Lati@s to be available for use in XY, while the new Mega and Primal Pokémon are for ORAS only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)