On my own - [Qualified for RLT]

Senpai D.M

さようなら
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Hello friends I wanted to share a team that has stuck around over meta shifts and still is effective after a few changes of course. n_n I shared this team in sample teams a while back and Spirit deleted it because of being 'outdated' so it made me want to rebuild it to the meta, so thanks I guess lol. I just wanted to highlight this team after getting me into RLT not really looking for rates but don't mind tweaks etc. Go away Chakra

Vivillon @ Focus Sash

Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Hurricane
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance

I wanted to build with Vivillon a often overlooked mon in ru and is our main special sweeper in this balance build. I was running leftovers for a while but I felt it didnt pull its weight very much even with Dugtrio support and Blastoise, so I added focus sash to make sure it has a chance to set up later or survive an important hit late game. I also wanted double stab over other sets like sub and it really is nice in case you dont want to risk hurricane miss :]

Registeel @ Chesto Berry

Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Rest
- Thunder Wave

Registeel is the stealth rocker and special wall it has chesto over leftovers because its the main special wall so losing it could be crucial, chesto restores all health over slow lefties recovery. This set usually beats Blastoise thanks to t wave and seismic toss. Its main role is to set rocks ,spread t wave and take hits overall I'm happy with this set.

Blastoise @ Leftovers

Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Foresight
- Roar

Blastoise is the spin support for our focus sash users, bulky phazer able to tank hits and scald away. What makes this Blastoise different is foresight and roar over more common moves like toxic and refresh not a fan of them tbh. Foresight guarantees spin on ghosts and spin is p important. roar helps phaze out sweepers and rack up hazard damage.

Qwilfish @ Focus Sash

Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Spikes
- Pain Split

To help our sweepers I wanted a spiker and chose Qwilfish thanks to Flygon being a popular defogger it lures it out most of the time. This is team lead and it ohkos offensive Flygon with ice beam thanks to focus sash and thats what I was going for ensuring we can get spikes up. Qwilfish also can be really solid vs most balance builds it will set up at least one spike and can be used as death fodder or even heal up thanks to pain split on mons like alo and aroma

Dugtrio @ Life Orb

Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Memento
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace

Dugtrio is our trapper for Vivillon also helps Malamar. but its also speed control and revenge killer it also lures Verizion or we can trap it p early. life orb for more power its rather weak xp Earthquake is its most used move and memento for set up support and can prevent defog spin. stone edge is honestly filler but helps very rarely vs birds like xatu and sig you could use pursuit or sucker in this slot. aerial ace is for Virizion mainly because its a threat to this team.

Malamar @ Leftovers

Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 248 SpD
Careful Nature
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Lastly I added Malamar after trying other sweepers taking advantage of hazards Malamar did the most work. its also a special wall in case we lose Registeel early it can carry team as well. With Registeels t wave support we can outspeed and set up on superpowers is why I'm not running speed and memento also helps with Malamar sweep.

I hope you guys enjoy a successful build thats fun to use. It got me an important win in grand slam last year and got updated and still works even better. RU is a tier looked at as stall or boring balance and this team really shines versus said playstyles. Shoutouts to day ones that liked last rmt n_n Kableye thecrystalonix DKFirelord

Vivillon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Hurricane
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance

Registeel @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Rest
- Thunder Wave

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Foresight
- Roar

Qwilfish @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Spikes
- Pain Split

Dugtrio @ Life Orb
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Memento
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace

Malamar @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpD / 44 Spe
Careful Nature
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Last edited:
Hi. Nice team. :] Since you aren't really looking for any drastic changes as stated in your first paragraph, I'll just give you my opinion on a few minor changes/tweaks that could benefit your team in the future.
A timid Vivillion set can outspeed the following threats; Timid Rotom-Mow, Timid Venusaur, Jolly Life Orb Medicham, Life Orb / Band Jolly Braviary and less notably Jolly Kabutops and Adamant Glalie. This is nice because you don't always have time to get a boost and you may need to fire off an attack, and all of these threats, can bring it down to sash which is troublesome as it can get picked off by priority. Additionally a +1 Speed Vivillion with a Modest nature also misses out on Scarf Jolly Medicham, Scarf Jolly Hitmonlee, and Scarf Adamant Flygon.
44 speed
on Malamar on this team can be nice due to it assisting Malamar in outspeeding Blastoise, a Pokemon that can burn with Scald and be annoying if you are at a low enough health and are not able to rest on it. I don't believe you need enough to outspeed Exploud due to having max/max Registeel, a solid check, which can twave and easily switch in on Boomburst, and also adding too much speed can take away from bulk which is needed to check Sigilyph.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)