ORAS OU Analysis Reservation Index - READ CAREFULLY AND ALL CURRENT WRITERS MUST READ

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I did say that non * analyses would have priority given if reserved in the previous thread/written skeletons for, so I am going to shift the reservation back to you Vertex. ( boltsandbombers ) I missed the reservation in the previous thread.

I also just want to apologize if you already did work and it was wasted or have made a reservation and had it shifted. As I've expressed to several individuals, my announcement was unclear in that analyses would be opened with certain restrictions and not start literally the moment Mega Salamence was banned. I was not home when this all was going down, which made this much more difficult to deal with right off the bat, and the manner in which it was reversed got a little messy. The reservation rules are to ensure that all individuals writing analyses are knowledgeable and consistent (as in often) ORAS OU players. This has less to do with battling skill than it does metagame knowledge as a whole, which is paramount because players look to our analyses especially in regards to strategies for these newer Pokemon. Writers must be able to keep their analyses current and recognize the quick shifts in the metagame at this stage. Badgeholder-only doesn't work for this because not all badgeholders fit this mold and there are non-badgeholders who fit this mold, so after discussing it a system of 'trusted writers' was implemented to make the group of writers doing these important analyses a bit more fine-tuned. In the past, new Pokemon analyses had been assigned to two groups: QC members (BW2) and badgeholders (XY). Both exclude qualified writers, and this is a more effective system. Just to give a bit more clarity to everyone.

Hi Jukain. Can I just recreate a thread with my swampert skeleton that you moved? I'm not sure what you meant, I'm just looking for conformation.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
seeing how the old reservation thread was deleted, could I do Latios (ORAS Revamp)? Additionally, could I do Greninja (ORAS Revamp)?

about to PM jukakin

seeing how the old reservation thread was deleted, could I do Latios (ORAS Revamp)? Additionally, could I do Greninja (ORAS Revamp)?

about to PM jukakin
I think that the person who was doing Greninja for XY was gonna hold off on it so they could complete it for ORAS. Correct me if I'm wrong tho, I think I saw that on the XY Analysis Reservation thread

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Latios will not be receiving an ORAS revamp. We /do/ have to include Mega Latios into the analysis, but that will just be via a slash on the Life Orb set and we can include any new Pokemon mentions over SCMS. The analysis just received a revamp as well.

Greninja is being handled by TRC

Jukain

!_!
DD is not viable on Latios because there are better Dragon Dance users around, especially Mega Altaria, and base 130 Attack without a boosting item or nature isn't really that strong. It was a cool gimmick/surprise set in BW, but it is unviable in XY. You are open to prove otherwise Cloud_Nine987

DD is not viable on Latios because there are better Dragon Dance users around, especially Mega Altaria, and base 130 Attack without a boosting item or nature isn't really that strong. It was a cool gimmick/surprise set in BW, but it is unviable in XY. You are open to prove otherwise Cloud_Nine987
That's true, Mega Altaria is definitely one of, if not the best Dragon Dancers due to its superior typing. I'm not out to prove anything, because I can agree that Mega Latios is kinda mediocre - not because of its 130 attack which is underwhelming without a boost, but because regular Latios is stronger than it with a Life Orb, can Defog, and does not take up a mega slot.

I'm also happy that we actually aren't getting a Steelix analysis, on an unrelated note, because that thing is 100% outdone by M-Aggron.

I'm also happy that we actually aren't getting a Steelix analysis, on an unrelated note, because that thing is 100% outdone by M-Aggron.
Have to disagree with this, Steelix has a second superior STAB as well as a better Special Defense. It also sets up Stealth Rock, can also Roar out, and hits harder with Heavy Slam as well as Earthquake does superior damage.. It also does have superior coverage, and in fact, it works very good on sand teams in as it does have Sand Force. They're facing competition yes, but Mega-Steelix does have its niches over Mega-Aggron in the tier, as listed before.

Have to disagree with this, Steelix has a second superior STAB as well as a better Special Defense. It also sets up Stealth Rock, can also Roar out, and hits harder with Heavy Slam as well as Earthquake does superior damage.. It also does have superior coverage, and in fact, it works very good on sand teams in as it does have Sand Force.
That's true as well, but Aggron can set up Stealth Rock and use Roar, but it has Filter. That's really big because nothing actually deals 2x damage to it, only 1.5x. Steelix has better Sdef but it takes hits much worse than Aggron in general. But yes, it does have its niche on sand teams, but sand isn't necessarily an easy playstyle to build around

4 SpA Mega Tyranitar Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Steelix: 114-136 (32.2 - 38.4%) -- 97.5% chance to 3HKO
4 SpA Mega Tyranitar Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Filter Mega Aggron: 138-163 (40.1 - 47.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

I think, in fact, M-Steelix takes 'em better.

4 SpA Mega Tyranitar Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Steelix: 114-136 (32.2 - 38.4%) -- 97.5% chance to 3HKO
4 SpA Mega Tyranitar Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Filter Mega Aggron: 138-163 (40.1 - 47.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

In that calc, it does, but you don't have any Sp. Defense EVs on Aggron so that's irrelevant.

4 SpA Mega Tyranitar Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Filter Mega Aggron: 94-112 (27.3 - 32.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

4 SpA Mega Tyranitar Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Steelix: 144-170 (40.6 - 48%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

In that calc, it does, but you don't have any Sp. Defense EVs on Aggron so that's irrelevant.

4 SpA Mega Tyranitar Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Filter Mega Aggron: 94-112 (27.3 - 32.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

4 SpA Mega Tyranitar Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Steelix: 144-170 (40.6 - 48%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
i assumed m-aggron used offensive, my bad lol

Yea I'm gonna have to agree with Cloud nine here. Mega steelix is outclased by mega aggron in a defensive role because of it's typing, ability, and movepool. Sure mega steelix has some better special bulk, but that's about it. I suppose you could make fit it on a sand team, but that's not an easy team style to build around.

There isn't any special evs on mega aggron

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)