Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 112 HP / 144 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Flamethrower

So I didn't want to be a basic white bitch and use the 4 standard normal types in uu so I decided to feature CM meloetta. The more I look at the core the more I see how much it bones stall. Sub cm melo can really screw over stall along with taunt willo chandy to burn everything on stall and prevent heal bell. Willo chandy is such a fun mon and can lure in things like p2 who are usually safe to check you and you can proceed to pop em with a burn and cripple it. Meloetta is ev'd to outspeed adamant gatr. Coba is solid glue that beats stuff like mandibuzz and hydreigon who give the other two a hard time while providing rocks support.

All in all seems like a decent core so I hope you guys like it!

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
is a Community Contributor
Reserving Mega Audino- Machamp- and Cofagrigus.... =)

This is an underrated and really fun to use Trick Room Core! Here are the sets and why I chose these mons.

Where is Florges? (Audino-Mega) @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 100 HP / 156 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast
- Trick Room

TheChamp (Machamp) @ Assault Vest
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Dynamic Punch
- Stone Edge
- Heavy Slam
- Knock Off

Coffee (Cofagrigus) @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Okay, now this may not be the best Trick Room set but it sure is pretty good and fun to use!
These 3 mons actually have really good synergy with each other, and can use the Trick Room strategy effectively.

Mega-Audino is actually a great Trick Room mon, and has very good defenses while being able to play an offensive set up role. You may be thinking (WHy not Florges) But Audino works better on trick room, has more evenly spread defenses, and its Normal, Fairy typing helps out the team more (As well as needing to have a normal type for this post)

Machamp is very underrated in Trick Room, and its no guard ability works very well with it as well! Dynamic Punch Trick Room is a pain to deal with, as you can usually get a confusion off without having to take damage! Stone Edge also beneifts from Trick room, and knock off and Heavy slam are for coverage. Machamp is very slow as it is, and it is one of its weaknesses, so why not turn it into a positive?

Now we have Cofagrigus, In my opinion one of the best Trick Room mons in the current meta, with staggering defenses and great special attack, this guy is perfect for trick room. Setting up with Nasty Plot, then hitting everything for neutral damage, this guy is a monster

Lastly lets go over the typing and move synergy with these 3 mons. Mega Audino is weak to poison and steel, Machamp resists poison and Cofagrigus resists poison, and can take steel hits with ease. Cofagrigus is weak to ghost and dark? Mega Audino resists both and has an immunity to one, while Machamp eats dark hits up. Machamp is the odd one out here, because yes Audino resists the fairy, but nothing resists flying and psychic, which is where Escav comes in as a great partner for this core, as it is nuetral to flying, and resists psychic.

I hope you liked my very Interesting core for you guys, and I hope you enjoyed reading and or using this core!

Last edited:

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
is a Community Contributor
Dr Ciel and iWanka...

Lol, I just noticed that my team is 3 mons that nobody else put on their teams haha =)

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Alright guys, voting is over for the
is over! iWanka edges out NV and Kreme with 7 votes while they both get 6, so congrats to them and thanks to everyone that participated! The Type Core for this week will be
. I'll allow the use of Aggron --> Mega Aggron since there's a lack of Rock-Types in UU/RU, but looking forward to seeing some creative stuff with Rhyperior and Tyrantrum! Good luck guys! :]

Cash 2
NV 6
Kreme 6
iWanka 7
shadestep 3
Dr Ciel 4
LittleRunnerXC 1

Last edited:

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead

vapo (Tyrantrum) @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Superpower

vapoo (Salamence) @ Yache Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Iron Tail

vapooo (Rotom-Mow) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
So this core fits the mold of Rock / Flying / Grass while also being really nice due to DragSpam fitting in as well. CB Rantrum breaks through slower defensive teams due to the high power output, which is really nice for both Mence / Rotom. I'm running Yache Mence speciaically for Mamoswine which can be really threatening to this core, and then specs rotom to finish this up due to its lack of switch-ins and its ability to dent steel types for Rantrum / Mence.

Last edited:
Omastar + Crobat + Whimsicott
+
+

Omastar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Earth Power / Hidden Power [Grass]
- Shell Smash

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Def / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost
- Taunt / U-turn

Whimsicott @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 232 HP / 204 SpA / 72 Spe
Modest Nature
- Encore / Taunt
- Moonblast
- Memento
- Giga Drain

This core is based around supporting a potential Omastar sweep. Crobat has ridiculously good defensive synergy with Omastar, being immune to Ground, 4x resisting Grass and Fighting, leaving only Electric which is covered by Whimsicott. Additionally, it provides hazard removal so that Omastar's sash can remain intact. Whimsicott is geared both towards providing easy setup for Omastar, and towards eliminating certain threats to the team. The EVs given allow it to guaranteed OHKO Mamoswine with Giga Drain, while surviving an Ice Shard in return as well as outspeeding any other attempted move. Memento and Encore can both give great support to Omastar.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Reserving Tornadus + Tyrantrum + Whimsicott.

Tornadus + Tyrantrum + Whimsicott

OK, this is a wallbreaking TW core I've been meaning to use, although I haven't tested it a ton.

Basically, this focuses on Speed control coming from two sides: Tornadus' Tailwind and Whimsicott's Stun Spore. Tornadus is a great wallbreaker in its own right, with Hurricane + Focus Blast + GK hitting most of the meta for a ton (although you can switch up its moves to better work with your team), and with Tailwind to break teams late-game with a powerful sweeper. Whimsi does what Whimsi does, switching into a million major threats with its great defensive typing and firing off Moonblasts, screwing up set-up sweepers or paralyzing faster threats while also pivoting into the more fragile Tyrantrum/Tornadus.

Both serve as great opportunities for one of the best wallbreakers in the tier, CB Tyrantrum, to just have a field day. Next to nothing wants to switch into this bad boy, especially under Tailwind.

I'll add cool pictures and maybe build a team and post some replays later when I'm not at work. In the meantime, here are some sets!

Tornadus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot
- Tailwind

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 132 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Stun Spore
- Encore
- U-turn

Tyrantrum @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Earthquake

Last edited:

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Double-Edge / Rock Slide / Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Salamence @ Lum Berry / Yache Berry
Ability: Intimidate / Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Iron Tail

Shaymin @ Choice Specs / Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Dazzling Gleam
- Healing Wish / Synthesis / Rest
- Earth Power / Hidden Power Fire / Psychic

this is for offense obviously aero can also be custap crustle if you want spikes or mental herb shuckle if you want webs webs but aero seems a lot more consistent tbh, espcially since unnerve stops custap shenanigans (i only mention the other two cause they're also rocks). double edge lets you kill yourself as they try to spin if you've been brought down to your sash, but stab rock move is handy too. dd mence is a threat obviously. i prefer intimidate cause it lets you set up on shit more easily and saves your ass in a lot of situations, but moxie has is merits, especially if you decide to go with shuckle. shaymin i love mostly due to healing wish and its ability to one shot blastoise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)