Other OU Laddering Achievements

Status
Not open for further replies.
When designing achievements, you want to avoid things like "win X battles," and other stuff that the player would do by just, y'know, playing the game. It's lazy design and adds nothing to the experience. You aren't trying anything new with those. Good achievements push players to try new strategies and attempt challenges they wouldn't otherwise think to try.

I do, overall, like the idea of achievements on Pokemon Showdown if they're done well. Maybe this is the kind of thing that could be suggested for in-game implementation? I'd think one person handling this thread, especially if it gets popular, would get pretty demanding pretty quickly.

Anyway, might as well suggest a few ideas while I'm here.

Did You Bring Protection?- Play a game in which all of your mons successfully use Protect and win.
Unstable Weather- Start at least 2 different types of weather in one game and win.
It's The Thought That Counts- KO an opponent with Present and win the match.
Darude Would Be Proud- Win a match in which Sandstorm is up at the end of at least 80% of turns.

FEAR - Win a game using the FEAR Pokemon stategy
Fearless - Win a game using an entire team of FEAR Pokemon
Cut and Clean - Win a game using a team that uses Pokemon that can all Mega Evolve but none do so
Brothers and Sisters - Win a game using a team in which at least 2 of the Pokemon come from the same evolution line. (Like Porygon2 and PorygonZ and Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee)
Eevee Mania - Win a game utilizing a team entirely made up of Eeveelutions.
I Like to Share - Win a game in which you successfully Baton Pass boosts to every Pokemon on your team
[Type] Master - Win a game in which your team is entirely made up of [type] Pokemon. (basically, there this is multiple achievements but I didn't feel like repeating myself 18 times, one for each type)
Can't Kill these Birds with One Stone - Win a game using the Double Bird core.
I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING - Win a game in which the only attack you used was Metronome
I Put a Spell on You - Win a game in which you changed at least one of the opposing Pokemon's ability.
Stop Confusing Mother Nature - Win a game in which all of your Pokemon have a weather inducing ability (Sandstream, Snow Warning, Drizzle, Drought). All weather must be used in the match.
I've Seemed to have Misplaced my Rock Collection... - Win a game in which your team is entirely made up of Pokemon who can evolve by a stone (like Doublade)
Girl Power - Win a game in which all of your Pokemon are female.
Man Power - Win a game in which all of your Pokemon are male.
Neutral Power - Win a game in which all of your Pokemon are genderless.
Welcome to the Jungle - Win a game in which all of your Pokemon are Tree-like, Flower-like, etc but is not a monotype team. (Get Creative!)
Shiny Whore - Win a game in which all of your Pokemon are shiny.
The Legend of Pokemon - Win a game in which your entire team is made up of all Legendary Pokemon
Woah Ho it's Magic - Win a game using only Special Attacks
Bro, Do You Even Lift? - Win a game using only Physical Attacks
I'm in the Need for Speed - Win a game in which all of your Pokemon have at least base 110 speed.
It's okay, Take your time - Win a game in which all of your Pokemon have at most base 50 speed.
Let's Get Tricky - Win a game in which all of your Pokemon utilize the moves Trick or Switcheroo.

I can come up with more but this is all I got for now

When designing achievements, you want to avoid things like "win X battles," and other stuff that the player would do by just, y'know, playing the game. It's lazy design and adds nothing to the experience. You aren't trying anything new with those. Good achievements push players to try new strategies and attempt challenges they wouldn't otherwise think to try.

I do, overall, like the idea of achievements on Pokemon Showdown if they're done well. Maybe this is the kind of thing that could be suggested for in-game implementation? I'd think one person handling this thread, especially if it gets popular, would get pretty demanding pretty quickly.
Trust me, it's already pretty demanding. lol. I don't mind taking care of it, though.

These are actually a lot of fun. Unfortunately there are many rage quiters, so some of these aren't real wins (kinda. I would have won, but I didN#t get to take out all my opponent's Pokemon).

Where'd he go??? and H4x0r
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-80254888

Greed is good
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-80282998
I didn't get all the boosts, because he quit when I was this close. All I had to do was to go to Gliscor and spam Hone Claws. This would have been my Magikarp sweep...

One man band
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-80251716
I also played RestTalk DD Mega-Gyarados for, but it got lucked out too often...

Middle of the road
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-80274633
prolly one of the thoughest

Underachiver
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-80292704
not that hard, considering how good the UU Pokemon are. He quit when it was only 6-5, but there was pretty much no way I lose this, since my complete team was nearly at full health and his was worn down a lot.

Stall is NOT dead and Passive aggressive
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-80260072
luckily he quit, otherwise I would have been forced to pp stall Gliscor. I should have used Perish Song Celebi in Deoxys place.

I also got Starting off and A little better while doing these

Last edited:
Are we allowed negative achievements? If so:

Loser - Lost 1 battle
Real Loser - Lose 3 battles in a row
Doing Real Bad - Lose 5 Battles in a row
God, You Suck - Lose 10+ Battles in a row
Such a Whore - Use a team full of suspect Pokemon.
Rage Quitter - Forfeit a match before your inevitable loss.
Fuck this, I'm out of here - Forfeit before the match even starts.
Such a Troll - Run a really troll Pokemon. (Rotom-S @ Air Balloon, Stunfusk @ Cheri Berry, etc)
Overkill - Get a Critical Hit on a Pokemon with 1 HP left.
Mass Murderer - Using one Pokemon, KO all of your Pokemon and all of your opponents Pokemon using only one Pokemon.
Suicide - Let your own Pokemon die to self recoil.
Douche - Use Genesect.
Super Douche - Use Mega Lucario
Just End it Already - Have a match last more than 200 turns.
What is Wrong with you? -Be at the receiving end of a one Pokemon victory.

I could go on but let's get creative

The thing with more than 1 pokemon is that you can choose who to start with.
So it... doesn't count? My intention was to use mgyarados from the beginning. And there a bunch of other battles where I lost. I just didn't make another team with only mgyara.

Achievement: 0 Accuracy EVs?
missing a 90% or 95% accuracy move 3 times in a row (should be a high tier achievement)

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Stupidest Shit Ever
KO your opponent's last Pokemon with an Energy Ball from a Jellicent

Last edited:
Stupidest Shit Ever
KO your opponent's last Pokemon with an Energy Ball from a Jellicent
Not good enough

Serene Graced - Lose a Pokemon to the bullshit that is Serene Grace.
WTF Is this Shit - Lose to something that way off the standard.
Super Smash Bros - Win a game using a team composing of Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Pichu, and Mewtwo (use 6 of them...obviously)
Magic Trick - Win a game using a team that utilizes Trick Room
Blind Luck - Win a match blindfolded (I expect a youtube video of such an achievement).
You Sir, Have no Soul - OCV an opponent using Serene Grace shenanigans.
Skarmfully Bliss - Win a game with a team that uses the SkarmBliss core.

I can see why they did not implement achievements into showdown as I alone have created 30 of them. I'm still having way too much fun with this

Last edited:

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I am the E.G.G.M.A.N
KO 2 Pokemon with a Blissey using direct damage attacks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)