Project OU Teambuilding Competition V9 (Done! See you all in Sun & Moon)

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 240 HP / 136 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Substitute

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Will-O-Wisp

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Leech Seed
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Secret Sword

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Iron Head

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

This team I created is pretty much just good old offense and all these pokemon I chosen worked well together from practice

For this offensive team mega heracross + talonflame is really nice combo as mega heracross can take on pokemon that talonflame can't really deal with like tyranitar and slowbro while talonflame helps getting revenge kills for this team and helps heracross for dealing with faster pokemon like mega medicham also I chose will o wisp and making talonflame more bulky, will o wisp helps this team set up for hera + serperior and help weaken physcial attackers on the switch in like landorus-t while making talon more bulky which makes it take hits better.

I chosen serperior with the sub seed set as it deals with stall nicely and taking on the usual threats like bulky water + ground types while also getting past fast threats like mega diancie and opposing keldeo, I chosen keldeo as my 4th offensive with the specs set to help wall break since hera and serperior already deals with pokemon like slowbro and azumarill, also keldeo helps with its ability to annoy aggressive dark type and being a decent anti lead dealing with landorus, chomp and mega medicham.

When making this team I needed a hazard remover and a stealth rocker, I chose skarmory as my defogger as it deals with opposing landorus and mega gardevoir while can stop the opposing team from setting up and sweeping my team then as my final pokemon I chosen the pokemon garchomp because an opposing Talonflame really hurts this team and needed a pokemon that sets up stealth rock and garchomp does the job nicely especially with its rocky helmet set.

I like to note that this is my first time posting on this thread and normally don't post in the ou threads so I may make one or a few mistakes making this post but other than that I hope you enjoyed reading this post.

Yo just wanna point something out. Vs skarmory even with 252 attack EV's your close combat is a roll; so if that's your main method of breaking stall I'd rather run 252 attack adamant to maximize mhera potential in that matchup; also wanna just recommend a dash of sp.def on the garchomp round 76 sp.def or so. I know this isn't rmt but just want to push for adamant 252 attack cross being more popular. Ik the benchmarks its for like sharp/weav etc but seeing as how you have a keld you should be fine. It also has something to do with the latis iirc? Fwiw you have a sp.def skarm so you have no real business staying in on latis with cross. I get that vs offense you want to get at least one kill but there are better/less risky mons to do that against like bisharp there. Sorry for the interruption just thought I'd point that out!

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Just one team with regular heracross :( but damn, a ton of teams so Im actually not complaining (regular hera is cool tho) so yeah, lets get started with this.

Voting Time!

Team 1

Tyranitar (F) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Atk / 136 SpA
Brave Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill (F) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin

Azumarill (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
- Thunder Wave

Talonflame (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Swords Dance

Heracross-Mega (M) @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance
Looking at the initial core of SD Hera + SD Talonflame, I realized I would definitely need something to pressure the checks Talonflame has that Hera doesn't, ie Heatran and Tyranitar (Hera just scares them out, so they're not weakened for a Talonflame sweep). I also wanted something that could decently check some threats to Hera and Talonflame (bulky grounds, Talonflame itself, electrics to name a few) so I opted for Thundurus to check annoying flying types, provide T-Wave support for Hera, and weaken Tyranitar and Heatran for Talonflame. Next, I needed hazard removal, something to check electrics, and something that could trap Lati@s for Hera and to a lesser extent Thundurus, so a sand offense core of Tyranitar and Excadrill partnered nicely. They cover the hazard game well, as Tyranitar traps Starmie and Lati@s decently while also providing rocks, while Excadrill on a balloon spins vs. a ton of the meta. Looking at the team so far, I was painfully weak to bulky grounds, Keldeo, and opposing sand offense, so Azumarill was my final choice.

I'll quickly cover EVs here since I made a few interesting decisions. Heracross is standard fat-Cross, running enough speed to outspeed most slow Rotom-W variants while retaining enough attack to 2HKO most Clef spreads. Talonflame is running 303 speed, which allows it to burn Excadrill out of sand should that play be necessary. Thundurus, Azumarill, and Excadrill are running generic spreads that don't really warrant an explanation, so I'll skip those three. Last, we have Tyranitar, which I'm running enough Sp. Atk EVs to OHKO 248 HP / 24 Sp. Def Landorus-T after rocks with Ice Beam because of how much it troubles the rest of the build. I poured the EVs remaining from the Sp. Atk investment and HP investment into attack to reduce support-Tar's passivity, which fits the build far better than the generic 248 HP / 80+ Def / 180 Sp. Def spread.

Team 2

Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Substitute

Talonflame @ Sky Plate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Roost / Thunderbolt
- Defog

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 20 SpD / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Heatran @ Power Herb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power
- Taunt

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Yache Berry / Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
I actually already had this team half built so i finished pretty quickly. I started with the core of hera + tflame that was given, and i decided to go for mega hera because normal hera isnt great and i couldnt think of a different mega that would work better. Offensive tflame because i think it works better here as its able to take on skarm better which is a bit problematic for mhera. Latios was my next pick because its the best hazard remover in the tier and i would need one with talonflame on my team. Next i added rotom-w because the team was disgustingly weak to opposing talonflame, and i also needed a solid check to sand and weavile. My next pick was stallbreaker heatran with solar beam. This lets me lure rotom-w for talonflame and stallbreak quite effectively in tandem with mega heracross. This is also my latios check, and my check to hp fire diancie. Finally i added defensive sd landorus-t. this gave me a check to mega lopunny, dnite, and eq zardx while also providing a secondary check to mons like mzor, clefable, and exca. Youve got the option of running yache on lando because thundy is really frustrating to deal with otherwise. The mdiancie matchup is tough, so you need to limit its switchin opportunities. You can try steel wing over roost on tflame to lure it but thats just... ugh. Especially on a wincon dropping recovery isnt great. Latios is also a little tricky but theres counterplay to be had. In some matchups where rotom is less useful you can let it take a draco from full thanks to the 20 spd and pain split to wear latios down. Im not the best teambuilder but this team was definitely fun to make!

Team 3

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Substitute
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast

Talonflame @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Bulk Up
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 218 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 120 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Clear Smog

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Iron Head
- Toxic
Mega Heracross Substitute + 3 atk is my favorite set, preventing status and acting as a great wall and stallbreaker.
Talonflame is the second wincon, Bulk Up + Taunt as a decent option against Mega Sableye stall.
Rotom-W is automatically added as the Flying check required. A standart pivot.
I need a durable answer against Keldeo, and preferably it is not vulnerable to Pursuit, because face Pursuit trap + WinCon is something unpleasant, among the few (really few) options, Amoonguss presents as a decent glue to the team, helping against Clefable, Mega Diancie and the mentioned Keldeo.
Hippowdon provides mandatory rocks, and stops Mega Manectric and Raikou. Skarmory is the Lati and Garde switch. Defog support, with Toxic coming to be useful against Rotom-W and other Electric-types who always come freely before her.
Manaphy destroys this team unfortunately, but I prefer to believe that one day it is in a suspect before S / M.

Team 4

Heracross @ Heracronite
EVs: 184 HP / 104 Atk / 4 Def / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Swords Dance
-Close Combat
-Pin Missile
-Rock Blast

Talonflame @ (No Item)
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Atk / 8 Def / 84 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Swords Dance
-Acrobatics
-Roost
-Will-O-Wisp

Scizor @ Iron Plate
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
-Defog
-Roost
-Bullet Punch
-U-turn

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 48 SpD / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
-Hydro Pump
-Volt Switch
-Will-O-Wisp
-Pain Split

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
-Scald
-Psyshock
-Thunder Wave
-Slack Off

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
-Earthquake
-Slack Off
-Stealth Rock
-Stone Edge
Okay, so the first thing that came to mind was a dual Swords Dance thing. I think both of these Pokemon kinda have some cool offensive synergy since Mega Heracross puts a lot of pressure on slower and bulkier teams while Talonflame can be a big threat to offensive teams. Mega Heracross's set is pretty simple, just SD + 3 Attacks. The EV spread lets him outspeed Adamant Bisharp while also escaping the 2HKO from Jolly Bisharp's Iron Head, and the rest is placed into Atk. For Talonflame, I went with a bulky SD set with Will-O-Wisp because I've always liked Talonflame sets that I can play offensively and defensively. No item + Will-O-Wisp also makes him better against Bisharp (if you can't tell by now, I hate Bisharp). The defensive investment is a bit weird, but it has a purpose. The 8 Def EVs ensure that Jolly Mega Metagross can't OHKO even with Thunder Punch, giving me a chance to burn it and stall it out if need be. The SpD EVs let Talonflame Roost stall at least 4 consecutive Fire Blasts from Timid Charizard Y, so given the occasional miss, I should win that matchup.

Next I was obviously going to want some sort of hazard removal. Lati@s is an obvious choice, but that's boring, so here's a Scizor! This is an old set I used way back when that makes a decent switch-in to plenty of Fairies and Dragons while still providing Defog support. The Atk EVs, Adamant nature, and Iron Plate let it hit some important KOs with Bullet Punch, including a OHKO on Mega Gardevoir and a 2HKO on Mega Altaria and Clefable.

At this point, Rotom-W felt like an obvious choice. It synergizes well with Scizor, it gives both of my Swords Dance users more free switches with Volt Switch, and it checks Flying-types that looked like they'd be a pain at this point. The spread outspeeds all Azumarill and ensures that LO Tornadus-T can't 2HKO with Focus Blast from full health. The rest is used to bolster Rotom-W's physical bulk.

Now I noticed that the team didn't have a good switch-in to offensive Electrics, I rely on Mega Heracross too much to tank Rock attacks, and I still needed Stealth Rock. I decided to try Hippowdon out here. I went full special bulk with Stone Edge to better handle things like Thundurus and Tornadus-T, among other things.

Finally, I wanted something else to switch into Keldeo besides just Rotom-W, and I needed something that I could toss in front of Mega Medicham. Additionally, since I went with a specially defensive spread on Hippowdon, I wanted something else that could compensate with more physical bulk. Slowbro fit the bill pretty well here. Again, pretty standard set, nothing too unusual.

Rotom-W can be pretty annoying since Hippowdon, the only thing that resists Volt Switch, is weak to Hydro Pump. Choice Specs Volcanion is dangerous. If you can get Slowbro in safely, it can paralyze it and you can hopefully finish it off with Mega Heracross. A well played SD Lum Garchomp will probably take down at least one Pokemon as well. Suicune can be a hassle too, although this could probably be remedied by running Calm Mind > Thunder Wave on Slowbro. Not a huge fan of Crawdaunt either since it can click Knock Off and do major damage to everything but Mega Heracross, who dies to Crabhammer + Aqua Jet.

That's all that jumps out at me right now, although there's probably more issues because like I said, I'm really rusty.

Team 5

Heracross @ Heracronite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Substitute

Talonflame @ Liechi Berry
EVs: 48 HP / 216 Atk / 244 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Natural Gift

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Impish Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam
- Crunch
I figured that this core should go on an offensive squad of some sort. Heracross/Talonflame is a really cool offensive core looking at it at first, but the only overlapping check for the most part is Landorus-Therian which is kind of an iffy answer to begin with. Being an offensive team I thought that not losing to stuff like Bisharp/Weavile straight up would be nice, hence the Scarf Keldeo; which also gives me an edge versus rain because of the nice speed tier. I went Will-o-Wisp+SD Talonflame because I'm a big fan of sets, that can basically soften up their own checks. I'm running HP:Ice Landorus-Therian because that's one less "check" for Cross/TFlame, and it also lets me do something substantial versus Lead Garchomp. Latios was almost a given, as an offensive defogger given the nature of the core, I might have gone Starmie instead but Latios felt like it checked some things for me way better. Substitute Cross was chosen because of its ability to pressure opponents a lot after forcing a switch, although SD might work equally as well; I went with Jolly Cross to get the jump on some things like Breloom/Bisharp/Specs volcanion that I found irritating, but again the bulky Adamant set here is definitely worth looking into. Tornadus-Therian was tossed on because of it being able to offensively check some stuff for me, and also because I think that Flying STAB is amazing and lets me pressure Talonflame's check as well for the most part. Iron Tail is on Torn-T because I found Mega Diancie to be a tad irritating on paper. The team isn't amazing and has an iffy matchup versus electrics(you can try running defensive SD/SR Lando-T+yache berry for this), thankfully Mega Manectric is on the rarer side/Raikou isn't even good so you should be fine. You could run Latias>Latios if you really wanted to I suppose but otherwise for the most part I'm satisfied. A cool option I haven't noted here is running NG:Grass Talonflame to lure Rotom-W for Keldeo/Tornadus-Therian, and if doing that you should probably look to run HW Latias I feel. gl! n.n

EDIT: Went with Tyranitar>Torn-T because I was too weak to electrics in practice. Also because Pursuit trap+Keldeo is fun, and now I cover some more stuff I was having trouble with like the latis. Also screw it I'm going NG Talonflame, people have slept on offensive talonflame for too long as is. Ice Beam TTar helps me lure Lando-T btw, cause I'm running a not very bulky MCross+TFlame. TTar also helps me beat all the birds so thats cool :)

Team 6

Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Sword Dance

Talonflame @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 248 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 16 Atk / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Roost

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Protect

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 68 SpA / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Volt Switch
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Stun Spore
This team destroys stalls. Taunt tflame is a bitch and MCross destroys every type of teams. Checks off MCross are Unaware Clefable, Gliscor etc. etc. So I thought to put Cube in the team wich checks mons like Manaphy and MManectrik. I needed a rocks setter and a dragon resistor so jirachi was a good option for this team. Amoonguss is there to Paralyze fast mons and so to help MCross sweeping, because cross is really slow even jolly nature wich is given to stop jolly bisharp sweeping. Zapdos is a check to flying k0k ons like tflames and tornadus therian wich were annoying for this team. It also has defog because hazards make a lot of pressure.

Team 7

Azelf @ Focus Sash
EVs: 128 HP / 128 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Explosion
- Taunt
- Skill Swap
- Stealth Rock

EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pin Missile
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 72 Atk / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Talonflame
EVs: 200 HP / 248 Atk / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Manaphy @ Salac Berry
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Tail Glow
This is a dumb HO that I made in like 10 minutes, but it's pretty fun.

Azelf gets Rocks, and has investment to live Fake Out + Return from Mega Lopunny to ensure you get Rocks in that matchup. Skill Swap it to try get Rocks on Magic Bouncers.

Mega Heracross provides a nice breaker for of the fatter defensive Pokemon which can sometimes be annoying for HO builds like this. SD is preferred since the rest of this team already has a pretty decent matchup vs offense, and the ability to lure in and heavily weaken a wall for the rest of the team is pretty good support.

Thundurus is a mixed breaker because the team really doesn't switch into anything, and so losing momentum or having to sack is annoying. Knock Off means you don't have to switch out vs Latis, but also makes it easier to wear down fat mons in general. Since I'm mixed I can run Superpower, which is nice to hit Chansey and Heatran, is 100% accurate, and is also boosted by Defiant. BoltBeam coverage is standard.

Since the team isn't super resilient against hazards I decided to throw on Scarf Excadrill which is a pretty great mon on HO because it provides pretty good role compression. It provides a bird check, Electric resist, a check to Dragons like Latios and Kyurem-B. It also spins, and in general Mold Breaker Earthquake can be a problem for a lot of teams to switch into, especially considering how the rest of this team pressures bulky Grounds.

Talonflame is another almost necessity on teams like this, but I decided to go with the bulky SD variant on this build for a few reasons. Wisp support gives Pokemon like Mega Heracross and Manaphy a much easier time setting up, but also gives the team a bit of flexibility against Pokemon like Mega Scizor Excadrill and Bisharp, which a bulkier Talonflame is slightly more reliable against. Obviously standard Jolly SD Talonflame works fine in this slot too.

Manaphy was an interesting last choice for this team which I think has actually worked out really well. I needed a Water resist, and a check to the likes of Keldeo, but I also wanted something that could lure and deal with Electrics. Manaphy does that, whilst also wearing down bulky Grounds. With Excadrill's Rapid Spin support, Manaphy is able to run a Salac Berry set. Manaphy has just enough bulk to live all the stuff that you'd want it to, taking a Thunderbolt from the likes of Mega Manectric, Scarf Magnezone, a Draco Meteor from Latios and with a +1 boost to speed, and a +3 boost to SpA, Manaphy becomes a menace which is effective in weakening many defensive cores in order to gear up for a Talonflame sweep. I wanted to be able to hit fat Grasses like Mega Venusaur whilst still being able to hit Latios and Slowbro. Shadow Ball + Psychic was the only coverage I could come up with, but its been working fine. I'm running Surf because this is HO, and the damage is more important than the burn chance. Surf gets rolls on things like Garchomp and Landorus which Scald cannot (since I'm not running Ice Beam)Manaphy could run a bit more Speed for Scarf Landorus (184 Spe) if you wanted.

Team 8

Mach 5 Speed (Latios) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Earthquake

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 248 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Taunt
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Heracross @ Heracronite
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 16 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
Hey everyone today we have Talonflame + M-Heracross Sand... Heracross destroys and beats Steel,Rock, and ground types which can give lead way for talon to sweep late game. the other members help and support Talon and Heracross also. EQ Latios can Lure Heatran if played correctly and theres your Talon counter gone, Latios also checks Keldeo, Electrics and Volcanion etc which helps the team out a lot and provides us a ground immunity and Slowbro is there to take all the water and fighting hits and cover the remaining weaknesses of the team. Next comes the Sand Core Excadrill and Tyranitar which helps vs a good amount of the metagame outspeeding and taking hits. Tyranitar has Fire Blast to Hit those Ferrothorns, Skarmory, and Scizor etc which takes the pressure off of Heracross and Talonflame. Heracross is Standard SD to put holes in stuff and Talonflame is a late game sweeper and stall breaker with Swords dance and Taunt.

Replay > http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-385555817 vs Charizard X + Clefable Semi Sand Balance

Team 9

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic
- Rapid Spin

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Soft Sand
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball
so this is a team i made, i chose regular heracross over mega heracross because choice scarf heracross w/ moxie is a really interesting set and it's been really fun so far. mega heracross can't utilize a choice scarf and moxie can really turn heracross into a devestating wallbreaker if it gets a KO, so that's why i'm using it. first off then, starmie is my spinner, having one is mandatory because talonflame doesn't like losing 50% HP when it switches in, i went for hidden power fire to lure in scizor/ferrothorn and take them out. mega diancie is chosen to discourage the use of hazards because neither heracross nor talonflame like them on our side of the field, mega diancie can also weaken foes, allowing heracross to finish them off. heracross is pretty much straightforward & i summed up the set already, jolly nature ensures that extra speed and moxie provides an attack boost anyway but you can go for adamant if you'd like. knock off + pursuit is really helpful because the former helps with softening up pokemon that rely on their item for recovery or w/e, and pursuit can help against the latis, so there's that as well. lando-t is my offensive rocker, soft sand boosts the power of earthquake and intimidate can help against physical attackers and weakening them can allow for an easier time setting up. talonflame is my secondary setup sweeper, pretty simple, brave bird should be spammed late-game and it ohoes a lot of stuff with sharp beak but u can go for no item + acro, that's up to you. finally, raikou wraps up this team with some boltbeam coverage and it brings some momentum, pairing up well with landorus-t to soften up attackers with intimidate. this team probably isn't perfect but it's been working well for me. hope you like it! :toast:

Team 10

Heracross @ Heracronite
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Substitute

Talonflame @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- Will-O-Wisp / Taunt

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Crunch

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock
Nothing too special here but regardless i built this team around mega heracross and talonflame. Mega heracross is very threatening as it quite easily flexes on a plethora of stall builds. Using its ridiculously high attack stat to its advantage, as well as its solid bulk for an offensive mon. Close combat hits very hard and just dents anything severely if they dont resist it and is mandatory stab obviously, as it can wallbreak well just simply by clicking it. Pin missle helps it nail bulky psychics who think they can stomache a close combat. Rock blast is obviously for birds as they resist both of its stab and that 4x weakness to flying types means it needs a way to at least scare them off. I opted for sub on the last slot of mega heracross as it makes it less vulnerable to revenge killing when it has a sub intact, meaning it can pick up 1-2 kills depending on situation. Talonflame provides a fairy resist which can be useful as mons like clefable are running around in this meta and just clicking t wave while the parahax intensifies, and deals with some strong wallbreakers like mega charizard y as it can roost stall the fire blasts provided rocks are not up so that it has an easier time roost stalling and then proceeds to set up on it. Went for BU taunt as a bulky wincon is appreciated and its nice how it can get past mega sableye since toxic mega sable is not that common, its usually fake out variants more or less on stall builds. Still able to function as a fast revenge killer, using that bulk to support it along with gale wings. Able to somewhat check mega gardevoir although psyshocks hurt, it wont like a brave bird as it can pick off when weakened. Now obviously using talonflame necessitates the means of hazard removal, the core was looking overall keldeo weak as they wouldn't like switching into a scald or a hydro pump. Latios was the ideal fit as it provides hazard control in the form of defog, being able to threaten keldeo, provide the team with a fast and powerful wallbreaker. It's ability to check fast electric's along with volcanion was appealing as they posed a problem to this team so far. It's resistances to water, fire, and electric along with being immune to ground type moves due to levitate grant it a plethora of opportunities to switch in. Landorus therian is extremely splashable, offers excellent role compression and like why would i not have it on this build, good stealth rock setter. Bread and butter check to physical attackers (basically a go-to honestly), as this set takes on a defensive role. 8 sp def allow him to tank an hp ice from mega manectric at full health but isn't really needed considering there is a latios which runs roost. 8 speed evs helps it outspeed modest magnezone. Handles threats like tyranitar, terrakion, charizard x, mega lopunny, opposing landorus therian's, and so forth. Providing momentum with u-turn can put the matchup in my favor early game so that's nice. But the interesting choice i went with on this set was hp ice, helps me catch opposing lando t's, and tankchomps. Tyranitar was added for some speed control along with checking lati twins, psychics in general and pursuit trapping them. Good bird check as it threatens talonflame, mega pinsir, thundurus, and mega charizard y. Useful in removing weather also like sun and rain set by charizard y or politoed. I felt like a spiker would be cool here and how my team is weak to azu in general, ferrothorn looked like it would be the optimal fit here. Being able to set up spikes which helps mega heracross exert even more pressure onto builds complimented the team well overall. Chople is the item as my team is hilariously weak to mega gardevoir and mega alakazam so chople allows it to take a focus blast and OHKO them with gyro ball. But yea ferrothorn provides a bunch of useful resistances and forms an awesome rocker / spiker duo in tandem with lando t. Hope you like team :d.

Team 11

Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Substitute

Talonflame @ Sky Plate
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Thunder Wave

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet/Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Roost
So this is a reasonably solid balance team that aims to break through teams with the combination of hazards, dual helmet (although I slashed lefties on Ferro as it really is personal preference) and two mons that are extremely difficult to switch into; Mega Hera and Kyu-B, leaving Talon open to clean. Hera and Cube put immense pressure on the opponent, making them really tough to handle, especially with hazards up. Mega Hera is the standard bulky spread and is the Sub variant which is perfect for taking advantage of common Talon checks such as Rotom (subbing to avoid wisp) and T-tar. Talon is just the common offensive SD variant, Starmie is bulky spinner to check Keldeo and spread status, Helmet Ferro and Lando wears down a whole host of physical attackers putting them in range of Talon's Brave Bird or hazards and, finally, Cube is just the standard LO Specially-Based Roost variant.

Team 12

Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Pin Missile

Talonflame
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Atk / 32 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Will-O-Wisp
- Acrobatics
- Roost

Empoleon @ Chople Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 52 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Toxic
- Flash Cannon

Raikou @ Zap Plate
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

EVs: 248 HP / 48 Atk / 192 Def / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 20 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
Talonflame + Mega Heracross lends itself to an offensive build. I started with Empoleon as my defogger, which is a pretty awkward choice in hindsight, but it fills up a steel type niche that every OU team really needs, as well as provide a resist to Water and Fairy attacks, especially Clefable. Raikou was next added as an Electric and a secondary Flying check, since Empoleon dies to coverage moves from Flying types. With Mega Heracross, it is imperative that Flying types be covered very fully (I have like 3 checks lol). Rotom-W serves the same purpose here, and both provide Volt Switch support so that I can get Mega Heracross in easily. RH Lando-T, blah blah.

I don't believe in bulky Heracross, and I guess you could run Guts if you wanted, but I like the extra potential boost against slower teams. Threatwise, Weavile can be an issue, faster Pokemon can be an issue since Talonflame is weak, multiple fairy types can weaken Empoleon, so you have to play around those. Keldeo can be an issue but you shouldn't really be letting it in too often.

Team 13

Ability: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Substitute

Talonflame
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Will-O-Wisp

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Leech Seed
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Secret Sword

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Iron Head

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
This team I created is pretty much just good old offense and all these pokemon I chosen worked well together from practice

For this offensive team mega heracross + talonflame is really nice combo as mega heracross can take on pokemon that talonflame can't really deal with like tyranitar and slowbro while talonflame helps getting revenge kills for this team and helps heracross for dealing with faster pokemon like mega medicham also I chose will o wisp and making talonflame more bulky, will o wisp helps this team set up for hera + serperior and help weaken physcial attackers on the switch in like landorus-t while making talon more bulky which makes it take hits better.

I chosen serperior with the sub seed set as it deals with stall nicely and taking on the usual threats like bulky water + ground types while also getting past fast threats like mega diancie and opposing keldeo, I chosen keldeo as my 4th offensive with the specs set to help wall break since hera and serperior already deals with pokemon like slowbro and azumarill, also keldeo helps with its ability to annoy aggressive dark type and being a decent anti lead dealing with landorus, chomp and mega medicham.

When making this team I needed a hazard remover and a stealth rocker, I chose skarmory as my defogger as it deals with opposing landorus and mega gardevoir while can stop the opposing team from setting up and sweeping my team then as my final pokemon I chosen the pokemon garchomp because an opposing Talonflame really hurts this team and needed a pokemon that sets up stealth rock and garchomp does the job nicely especially with its rocky helmet set.

I like to note that this is my first time posting on this thread and normally don't post in the ou threads so I may make one or a few mistakes making this post but other than that I hope you enjoyed reading this post.

Voting lasts until Saturday at 11:59 P:M GMT -5. May the best win.

Lots of teams! I think talon is one of the tricker partners with MHera although it can be a nice combination. I think for nearly every team there was something I wanted to see differently or thought could be better, but there was some really neat squads and ideas that I liked. In the end, I was going to go for one of 2-3 teams but I felt that there were enough issues with each one that I decided to post a little about it and abstain from voting.

For example, Team 10 and 11 were close, but both felt too slow to me. Team 11 was a little less sound structurally and set-wise, and my main grip with team 10 was that it utilized ferro alongside latios on a talonflame team, which causes a lot of issues as a) ferro concedes hazards often, b) hazards pressure the team heavily and make latios want to defog c) defogging removes your own hazards and often sets up lati for trapping, d) chople berry on such builds where opposing hazard setters like skarm or there own ferro as so easily brought in leads you to be reliant on chople functioning and making up for the lack of speedy that plagues scarf tar, but leaves you crippled in more general important matachups. I'm really tired rn so I may not make sense, but basically, lots of cool teams but I wanted to just talk about them instead of voting for this round (I might edit in a vote though).

Last edited:
At first glance team 13 has a real weakness to Wisp Talonflame. If hazards are up and you snatch a burn on Garchomp it is looking like a Talonflame sweep. 3 teams really caught my eye. 1 and 2. 1 looks like really good offense, but it has a glaring problem. This is a lack of any water-type switch-in. Keldeo and Rotom-W put immense pressure. Not much prediction is needed there. Team 2 and team 5 are both good looking, but built so that it packs checks to a lot of the tier and doesn't have any glaring weaknesses. Diancie shits on Team 5, while Scarf Lando sort of ensures AoA Diancie doesn't win on team 2.

Overall I liked a lot of what came out of this round. Empoleon is cool. Also I know that 6 mons aren't meant to cover every mon, but I like ways to beat a mon not autolose to it. TEAM 2

Last edited:
Team 9

Quick Note: Thanks to people on this thread for not going harsh on my team and pointing out weaknesses on my team which I find very helpful and I appreciate it alot

zbr

less than 99% acc = never hit
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
cool to see so many teams that i can steal ( and i actually stole all of them as they were "released" and tested them out with some friends / laddered with ). here are some of my comments:

team 1 is your standard , lemme go hard or go home style team, in a normal game of bo5 against differing team styles, you end up rarely ever using mhera simply because of the offensive nature of the team resulting in mhera being the "back up mon" for styles that HO naturally cannot cope with in the long run. its a nice team for sure but it's so standard, it kinda fell into disfavour from my pov. nothing wrong with the team itself, just that it's pretty much just 5 mons and a mhera (hah does anyone remember/know this reference? :p)

if you notice, team 1, 5, 8 and 10 all hinge on very similar concepts. it's basically offensive sand + mhera. be it that they have differing mons, the way they are played are pretty much the same just depending on how much defensive back bone you want to incoporate into the team and how offensive you want it to be as well.

team 3 is one of those 4 mons and a core team. basically the last 4 mon can stay stagnant while you swap out the two offensive threat core. don't believe me? try it out with other offensive cores. the team style is just weaken and slowly chip damage off the opponent until either mhera / talon can blast the enemy back.

team 7 is just a lazy burdspam rehash (dont mind me being harsh here cause it's true). it's one of those teams that you bring against your friend who likes offense or ladder with it and you'll have good success. but that doesn't necessarily mean it is a solid team for tours and whatnot.

team 12 and 13 suffer from the problem of their fast mons not hitting hard enough. sub seed serp is a slow starter and takes a while to start going and zap plate raikou isn't as strong as what we would like it to be (also, you alr have a rotom, i dont see much purpose in kou, perhaps something else could be used in place like scizor? idk la you think about it lorh. scizor means can drop cannon on emp and whatnot)

team 11 would work a lot better if there was a more solid hazard controller in place of mie (i.e latias). cube is an interesting mon to use but synergetically it doesn't help much on the team but rather it opens up a few weaknesses on the team esp making it keldeo weak

team 6 and team 9 were the teams that i were really hyped about because they put a twist onto the core of mhera talon. team 6 would've been a lot more solid if it wasn't that slow (which , opting out cube for something like specs/lo keld can do, also maybe run something over zap may be interesting because zap itself is already weak to rocks, making the team a whole lot more susceptible to rocks) team 9 was incredibly fun and was probably the only the team that i used for more than 5 games of sampling. i swapped offensive talon for spdef talon so that it has a bit more backbone and hp fire for ice beam since it just didn't felt as hugely ferro / zor weak.

overall, im giving me vote to team 9. keep in mind that you should always take these opinions with a grain of salt because i didn't play enough sample games in general to give it a more rmt-ish rate / comments. cheers

e - i also want to mention that no one used hw in combination with this core at all which is kinda depressing. this is a core of mons that like to go hard, soften up the team so that another mon can clean up but that are a lot of times where due to mhera's inadequate speed, you end up not being able to do much against teams that are naturally faster, which is where talon comes in. be it that you're using sub / sd on mhera, hw helps you play your team out more aggresively which is what this core actually does best imo.

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
On a really close voting, Team 9 by Sobi has won this teambuilding round. Congratulations, will be added to the hall of fame shortly. Crazy that the only team with regular heracross won. Neat. Alright, moving on to the next round

ROUND 41:

Lets go with this. We return to using a single mon for a while until people come up with more refreshing cores cause Jesus Christ, you all people the same things over and over!! Small ranting aside, goodra can be quite the interesting mon on the OU metagame, packing a dreamy moveset to hit everything, all around great stat distribution and... it is cute. So yeah, this teambuilding round consist on using Goodra.

Round lasts until Thursday at 11:59 PM GMT -5.
Have fun!

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

Goodra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sap Sipper
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Muddy Water

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock

Breloom @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore
- Swords Dance

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

This team I created was a alot of fun and Is mostly based on mega charizard y and since I had a goodra, might as well submit this team in.

Charizard Y is my main wallbreaker for this team, it pretty much deals with alot of walls barring bulky dragons and of course chansey but if you deal with charizard's problems, pretty much nothings wants to switch into it especially if a team lacks a charizard y counter.

Weavile is my second choice as it can help clean pesky dragon types which annoy charizard, helps take out common pokemon like landorus and garchomp which all deal with zard nicely and I use weavile as my pursuit trapper to mostly beat the lati twins and gengar.

The star of the show Goodra does some nice things to the team, helps the team take on powerful electrics such as thundurus, counters pokemon like serperior, volcanion and opposing charizard-y and I pick modest specs because it can hit like a truck.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Goodra Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 8 SpD Landorus-T: 370-436 (96.8 - 114.1%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

Next up we go the pink blob with a nice smile and that is Slowbro and honestly Slowbro is pretty much key to this team like its the only pokemon that can counter pokemon like mega lopunny, landorus and mega metagross also it gives thunder wave support which can help charizard y and others to deal with the faster threats.

Breloom is my 5th choice and it was pretty much my filler choice but its a good pokemon and it does some things very nicely to the team like annoying the enemy team with spore, grass and fighting type coverage is very nice and does fit this team like mach punch to deal with tyranitar while helping breloom and the team to revenge kill pokemon like mega lopunny and kyurem-b while bullet seed deals with the bulky waters and the fat grounds also sword dance is very nice for extra wall breaking power.

Excadrill is my last choice and its job is very simple, rapid spin the stealth rocks out and give out the stealth rocks to the opposing team, I chosen excadrill special defensive bulky since it helps counter clefable, raikou and the lati twins very nicely.

I hope you all enjoyed reading this post and even better if you thought my team was pretty good which is always appreciated.

MANNAT

https://spo.ink/aq7
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Rain Bulky Offense
Just to preface this, this is a new kind of playstyle that is a more bulky version of standard rain offense, and you should check out AJ's Post in the metagame discussion thread if you want to know more about it. Basically, the team started out with the Central core of Politoed+Standard Rain Sweeper Swampert since Swampert's really solid bulk combined with its terrifying power is absolutely insane under rain. Gaving a Sweeper and a tank all in one slot is ridiculous and frankly really difficult for teams without a really solid Swampert stop to switch into. After the initial two were added, the team was really weak to Grass Types like Serperior, and Offensive Electric types weren't exactly a walk in the park to face, so Goodra was added to take on these threats with really good hydration rest to utilize as recovery. One may initially be concerned about taking a +2 dragon pulse from serp with goodra, but Goodra does only take up to 70% from +2 dragon pulse and can fire back a sludge bomb. After adding Goodra, the team lacked a rocker and frankly rocks pert is a waste of potential, so Utility Celebi with thunder wave was added to add a rocker and a mon to cripple Serperior so that it couldn't bust through Goodra as easily. Additionally, Celebi gave the team some insurance against Breloom, which was very hard to beat if the opponent didn't randomly sack the thing. At this point, the team lacked hazard removal and was swamped by Ground Types that could beat Celebi like Offensive Garchomp and Landorus, so Skarmory was naturally added as a stop to these mons while also providing invaluable defog Support for the team. Also, skarmory provided a very important fairy pivot for annoying fairies like Mega Gardevoir that could body the rest of the team with hyper voice. Lastly, the team had an incredibly difficult time breaking Mega Sableye and Kyurem-Black, so clefable was added as a dragon catching pivot as well as providing the team a stupid wincon vs a lot of teams.
Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Encore
- Rest

Goodra @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rest
- Dragon Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Thunder

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Waterfall
- Power-Up Punch

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 36 SpD / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Thunder Wave

- Stealth Rock

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Fire Blast

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Defog
- Roost
- Whirlwind

This team I formed when Volcanion was released.
Using Goodra as a solid switch, besides being very useful and durable thanks to RestTalk against Charizard Y, Mega Venusaur, grass and types in general. Even Thundurus, Manectric, Raikou, or until Tornadus-T. Which helps a lot Manaphy, a good wincon. Because Goodra is immune to Grass moves, Manaphy can use Energy Ball to hit bulky Water types.
Hippowdon provides rocks and is a stop Volt Switch, also, a decent physical wall
Skarmory hazard control and fairy check.
Scizor Choice Band for an offensive pressure, priority, momentum and support Pursuit against Lati@s, much appreciated by Goodra and Manaphy.
Finally, a mega evolution to give more speed to the team, Mega Manectric makes a Volt-Turn core with Scizor, and clearing the opposing team after a potential sweep of Manaphy.

Goodra (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 128 SpD / 48 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Body Slam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Rain Dance

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Iron Head
- Defog

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn

Manectric (M) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon

Hey uh I wasn't actually building for this but goodra found its way onto the team so hey why not post it. I know this team looks really really weird and like something you'd see low ladder (s/o to my shit elo) but its been pretty solid in practice. I started building mega pidgeot sand, which is cool for quite a few reasons. Pidgeot takes care of fat grasses and pressures plenty of other sand checks, while almost like every defensive mega pidgeot check in the game gets demolished by excadrill. Frustration exca is to lure in rotom-w and kill it after one hurricane from pidge and rocks. Im not running 3 attacks roost on pidgeot because imo that set is ass. Ttar was added for obvious reasons, giving exca a source of sand as well as providing me with a lati check, check to most electrics, and a sr setter. I played around with the last few slots for quite a while having trouble figuring out what i could do, but this seemed to be the best course of action. Goodra gave me a solid check to zard y, torn-t, fblast thundy, and gengar all without having to run chople on ttar. specs and ebelt are slashed because imo they're both equally viable and its mostly personal preference which you use. Goodra is max speed timid rather than the 156 HP / 252 SpA / 100 Spe Modest spread becasue this build really appreciates any way of beating breloom it can get. Next i added slowking which gave me a secondary fat mon that could check the things goodra could not like mega diancie, keldeo, mega garde, and that awful specs kyurem-b set ppl are using for some reason (lowkey use that set tho because this team is weak to the lo set ;;), while doubling up on checks to stuff like volcanion and torn which is always nice on fatter builds like this one. Running toxic on slowking because mega slowbro is this teams worst nightmare otherwise. My final slot was physdef skarm as it gave me a much needed check to weavile, bisharp, and mega scizor while also providing spikes which helps mega pidgeot out loads. Shed shell on skarm because mag is literal cancer, feel free to do lefties/rh if thats ur thing. using this team watch out for breloom as it can get out of hand quickly, and you also need to play well against kyube to win since it can hit every member of this team super effectively.
Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: No Guard
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Work Up

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Ice Beam
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Frustration
- Swords Dance

Goodra @ Choice Specs / Expert Belt
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Bomb

Slowking @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Toxic
- Slack Off

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Last edited:
Damn, that's a lot of teams in a short amount of time for a mon that is difficult to use well. Considering how interesting goodra is, I definitely plan to expand on my thoughts about it and how it has been utilized in the submitted teams once we reach the voting stage. Anyways...

Nearly There

my heart beats (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 216 Def / 28 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- U-turn

Nearly There (Goodra) @ Leftovers
EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpA / 48 SpD / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Wave
- Muddy Water

should not think (Scizor-Mega) @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 80 Def / 124 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Swords Dance

to speak my mind (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

out of time (Terrakion) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Quick Attack
- Rock Slide

shining bright (Starmie) @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 172 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
I actually made this team seperately from this, which is pretty neat. I wanted to pair Goodra with MSciz because together they can take on a lot of stuff and complement each other nicely. Clefable completes the Steel / Dragon / Fairy core ppl seem to like, providing a solid win-con that really appreciates magic guard, taking on status and hazards, which goodra and zor hate. Lando is the teams rocker, and starmie provides hazard control and a keldeo answer. The last slot has room for other things as well, but I chose Terrakion so I could really pressure stuff like the popular CB Tar and zard or alon, while opening up my opponents team for the rest of the squad. Lando is using toxic mainly to hit stuff like slowbro or rotom, but if hippo rises in popularity, it would be very useful for that as well. Goodra is a leftovers attacker with some evs allocated to SDef because a) without wish, I really prefer the passive recovery over av, kinda similar to how i prefer lefties esca to av, and b) the sdef evs bolster goodras special bulk a good amount, helping make up for the loss of AV. Its extremely important on this team to handle serperior and also tackle special attackers in general (zard-y and torn are good examples), while being a convincing offensive presence itself. Sludge Wave is to have better odds vs clef (especially if you can knock it off) while being less likely to poison it accidentally; Muddy Water was chosen over Focus Blast to hit ground types harder and potentially get accuracy drops, although Focus Blast is definitely useful as well. The Sciz spread handles mzam, helps with physical attackers like lop, and also has a lot of attack so it can really threaten torn in particular, as its a big threat to the team, and ohkoing with +2 bp after rocks can be very important. Knock Off is intended for heatran so clefable can break it. Clef is flamethrower because scizor, ferrothorn, and skarmory are threats. Starmie is physdef because it helps out a ton vs stuff like talon and physical attackers in general, and T-Wave because it helps clef in set-up wars and also gives the team an important element of speed control by hitting stuff like torn, since the squad is a bit slow.
coming soon :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)