• Flygon493

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
i voted KoA, though flygon was my second choice. dragonz sprite has a too big hand, but other than thay i like it.

also in the "Revenankh info bit" would it be ok to put all the sprites that where not chosen, with the chosen one at the top, and also put the other art work for Revenankh so people can see how it evolved into the sprite you will see in the server?

would the same be possible for syclant? i would like to have all the artwork+sprites easyly acsesable (dam spelling).

OK, I've finally decided for KOA's, but to show you guys that this wasn't an easy decision at all, I'll list what I liked and what I didn't of each sprite:

King of Anime:

+ Shadowing.
+ The pose (to some, it may look bland, to me, it looks like a "just DARE to come" pose).
+ The normal colour.
+ The female version.

- The shiny colour, which I strongly dislike.
- The bandage outlines are not dark enough: This is a sprite, it needs contrast.
- The arms in the back sprite doesn't look totally OK.

Atyroki:

+ The dynamic pose.
+ A very good tone in the bandages outlines.
+ Good normal colours (the red on the eyes is really nice).

- The lower part of the bandages: I really dislike it.
- The body size changes from the back sprite to the frontal sprite.
- The shape of the head is too round.

Dragonzrule:

+ The hand. Of course.
+ The normal AND shiny colours.
+ The shading.

- The back sprite has many, many inconsistencies ("hair" is longer in the frontal sprite, hand looks worse...), and seems less polished than the frontal.
- The lower bandages... They're not bad, but doesn't seem to be hanging there, the shape is a bit forced.

Flygon493:

+ How the bandages fall, very naturally.
+ Head inclined in the pose as in the artwork. I like that.
+ Best shiny colour.

- Bandage outlines too dark, and sometimes a bit odd intheir shape.
- Has an older "feel" to it. It looks to me like an ADV sprite moe than a DS one.

I hope you might get encouraged to make even better sprites after my observations. From a fan of your works, not a critic.

I voted Atyroki because it looks more vicious than the other ones. I'm ok with KoA's sprite though.

I voted Atyroki because I think it best fits the theme of an attacker, it looks imposing, and the bandages look great.

BTW, first post, hi all!

I like Dragon's sprite. It shows more... I don't know. I find that it actually looks more like a D/P pokemon. It looks the most natural, and also, I do prefer the orange shiny sprite over the blue one.

Time to do a little politicking

I love KOA sprite but when you see Blakizen, Inferape,Breloom Lucarcio, Medicham immediately you think fighting types while it is very good sprite maybe the best quality sprite in the whole bunch it does not scream fighting poke.

Dragonzrule sprite has two things the giant hand and the two lose bandages in back which very similar to ryu or karate kid which screams fighting poke.The big hand also gives it that bulky look that was one of the main sticking points of the pokemon.Just something to think about.

Luck: Fighting is meant to be it's secondary typing, when you see Gengar, Spiritomb or Dusknoir, you immediately think ghost. I don't think ghost when I see Dragonzrule's sprite.
Out of the two currently winning, I would have chosen KOA's.

Luck: Fighting is meant to be it's secondary typing, when you see Gengar, Spiritomb or Dusknoir, you immediately think ghost. I don't think ghost when I see Dragonzrule's sprite.
Out of the two currently winning, I would have chosen KOA's.
I really want to say the lack of legs should tip you off that is ghost but you have a valid point, i can see why people vote that way.

edit:Wait second i hate being wrong.Every single fighting duel type in design wise has been slanted towards the fighting type check out it.

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I made these to help people decide. We're not just voting for a sprite, but we'll be using it on Shoddy. So...

I am aware that some of them leave the borders a bit, but so do other raw pokemon sprites, which is why some are cropped a little bit. I think it's pretty accurate.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
When Beej posts those, it makes me realize I neglected to darken the front poses' outlines. ;_;

I really want to say the lack of legs should tip you off that is ghost but you have a valid point, i can see why people vote that way.

edit:Wait second i hate being wrong.Every single fighting duel type in design wise has been slanted towards the fighting type check out it.
Heracross, Toxicroak (Face it, looking at his sprite, his types could be anything, the only thing that says fighting on it, really, is the barely see-able bandaging around it's waste) and, to an extent, Breloom (it doesn't look that much like a fighting type, look at it's arms in the sprite, and it doesn't learn kicking moves, it could easily be a pure grass type) want a word with you.

Still prefer KoA since it look like it actually have shoulders and arms which are capable of using "Hammer Arm" >_>. Not every part fighting type pokemon have to have a super threating/dynamic pose, there are fighting stance which are passive and not threating to fool the foe into believing of an easy fight and/or fluid in motion (I.E Cowboy Bebop's main character)

As amazing as some of the other sprites are in appearance, I think that Dragonzrule's is the one that looks the most like a D/P sprite. I see this when I line them all up together in MSN Paint with real sprites.
What specific Pokemon sprite were you comparing them when you made this statement?

When Beej posts those, it makes me realize I neglected to darken the front poses' outlines. ;_;
If your sprite ends winning, maybe you could revise that before including Revenankh in the server? Maybe it's more complex than I think, but if it isn't, it would definitely make the sprite much better.

300TH POST@@@@

Back on track: KoA, i totally agree with Time Mage. The light lines at the front don't mix with the dark at the back. Make em look uniform.

nice sprites, i dont understand why people picked KoA's, its just so....passive for ghost/fighting pokemon, based on info and stuff on revenah, that pokemon sounded very sinister and deadly fighting pokemon,

while dragonrulz has that big ass hand outscretched towards you in intimidating pose and looks ready to open the can of whoop ass, other 2 are very nice detail wise, but back sprite just turned me off,

so i voted dragonrulz since it has overall best look, back sprite can be improved on a bit,

personally KoA's sprite is just like standing there and staring blankly instead of being ready to kick ass

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Wasn't the idea that mummmies would sit quietly in their toms until an intruder came in or something? And that Revenankh would be that kind of mummy? KoA's sprite looks a bit passive, yeah, but what's to say the second pose doesn't look like it's going into "Intruder alert!" mode?

And even if it isn't, Revenankh's already gotten a bit of a reputation as a mold-breaking Pokemon (Ghost with no WoW, High-HP Ghost, Fighting type with Hammer Arm, etc.). So that's something to consider if you're attempting to ignore the host of Fighting types - that don't look too much like Fighting types - Helios mentioned.

Can we move on to Poll 14b, I think we've gotten all the votes
by now, and I think it's fairly obvious Dragonz or KoA would
still be in the lead if we got a few more >>

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Well, if my sprite does end up winning, hopefully the animation will quelch those who don't like his passive stance. :(

Also, I never vote in sprite polls because I like to be completely unbiased and I have a strong code of ethics when it comes to this.

Atyroki, i think you can wait. It finishes in 5 mins, lol.

KoA, what are you thinking for the animation? It's sorta hard to change it from a passive stance to an aggravated stance and then back again in a 2/3 second timeframe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)