SM OU Please give me thoughts and opinions. Scolipede x Mega Charizard X

This teams main goal is to work around Scolipede and Mega Zards weakness' It needs work, but I win about 70% of battles with this team. I struggle with stall teams with multiple clerics, and any team with mega-venusaur takes a lot for me to beat. A well played Kartana is also very scary.

Garfield (Landorus-Therian) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Rock Tomb
Here's the problem. I like to use this as a lead, and it either works amazingly, or it sets me up for failure. Stealth rock is okay, but unless their team is weak to stealth rock, it isn't important usually. Explosion is usually able to ohko most non-bulky threats to my team, and does big damage against most bulky mons as well. Rock tomb is pretty good for slowing down fast threats, or just doing damage to flying types.

Not A Dragon (Charizard-Mega-X) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
With 1 dragon dance, I can pretty much run through a worn down team super easy. At +1 speed it outspeeds everything except for scarf users, which allows it to not worry about much. At +1 attack, flare blitz absolutely blows back anything that isn't super bulky. Earthquake is mostly for heatran, since mega zard x lures in heatran quite frequently. Dragon claw is just a nice stab move that still does good damage and doesn't have recoil.

Lakitu (Thundurus-Therian) @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
This is mostly my tapu counter. Almost every single team has a tapu, and Thundurus is a good answer. Sludge Wave is great for fairy types, including Tapu Koko and Tapu Bulu. Thunderbolt is just a nice stab move that reliably does damage. Hp-ice is nice coverage for garchomp, lando, and dragonite. Focus blast covers rock types and ice types that threaten it, as well as heatran, since almost every team has one.

Roly Poly (Scolipede) @ Waterium Z
Ability: Speed Boost
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
This is the mon I made this entire team for. Scolipede is ridiculous. One swords dance pretty much ensures me getting rid of at least 3-6 pokemon. Most bulky pokemon get 2hko'd. Anything that isn't able to ohko me or doesn't have priority just loses to this monster. Z-Aqua Tail is mainly for ground and fire types that like to come in on this. Lando loves to come in on this, but gets ohko'd by z-aqua tail if it doesn't have any hp investment. Again, earthquake is for heatran, but also steel types that I can't touch otherwise, and opposing Charizard X.

Splish Splash (Rotom-Wash) @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 8 SpA / 84 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
This is my utility mon. This EV spread works, but it definitely isn't specifically calced for anything. This thing is entirely for will-o-wisping huge threats to my team such as Kartana and Mega-Medicham. Defog is super important for getting rid of hazards since my team definitely doesn't appreciate stealth rocks or sticky web.

The Horn (Tapu Bulu) @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Zen Headbutt
This is for really annoying walls and "clerics". Nothing too complex here, just banded bulu that doesn't have very many switch-ins and doesn't need to set up to kill things.

Last edited:

jcbc

lechonk is so cute
is a Pre-Contributor
Hi Mr.Meowers, cool team right there! I can see through your idea and i really like it, but let me help you out with some advices/modifications.

And this rate is going to go inversed, first i'll show the team after i made the changes and then i'll explain why i did those change. Let's begin!

~~ The team ~~

*click on the mons*

~~ Why i made this changes? ~~
The team on it's own wasn't bad but it lacked the synergy in order to succeed, It also have some sets that could have been improved.

When i was looking on the weakness of the team i found that you didn't have a initial speed control, and that you needed a dragon dance or a speed boost with your mons in order to outspeed some of the speedy mons of the metagame. I also noticed that you were pretty weak to M-alakazam since it could OHKO any mon of your team by just clicking psychic. So to patch this i made
Landorus-T scarf, then i noticed that even we had something to outspeed it, we didn't have a switch to it, so i changed Tapu Bulu for
Magearna
, this time with a bit different AV set from the usual one. Now i looked at the team and it didn't have anything to pivot around in order to bring Charizard X (i took dragon claw out for roost just so it can have more sustain and is easier to win with it) and/or
scolipede in to set up, so due to this i made the last 2 changes, i changed Rotom-W and Thundurus-T for
Tapu Koko and
Tornadus-T, this changes gives the team a bigger volt turn into the breaker/sweepers of the team, but also helps with the matchup vs some of the threats of the other team such as Kartana, Medicham (Mega), Ferrothorn or opposing Tornadus-T.

I hope you enjoy the team and that it has succeed for you. Any questions or doubts about the team let me know and i'll come back at you as early as posible. :psyglad::blobthumbsup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)