Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

Serperior
Excadrill
Darmanitan
Sigilyph
Eelektross

and which water type (except tirtouga - ground weak)?

kinda inspired to use kingdra from the above...

Just ran into this Mincinno in a doubles battle outside of Nimbasa:

Minccino - #572 (Jolly)
HP: 4 - 8
Att: 31
Def: 20 - 24
SpA: 30 - 31
SpD: 25 - 29
Speed: 19 - 22

Oh by the way, it has Technician.
And is shiny!!!!

Forgive the overzealous reaction, it's my first in-game shiny and it's actually somewhat viable!
I know this is Smogon, but you don't need to apologize for displaying a hint of emotion in Pokemon. At least in this thread.

I feel like the only person who hasn't found a Shiny. Aww...

Serperior
Excadrill
Darmanitan
Sigilyph
Eelektross

and which water type (except tirtouga - ground weak)?

kinda inspired to use kingdra from the above...
I could very possibly be wrong in saying this, but I don't think it's possible to catch a Horsea or any pre-Gen V pokes until post game. I remember being given the Super Rod after beating White well after the Elite 4. I would suggest maybe using the in-game trade Basculin that you get for a Mincinno. It's Adamant and I'm pretty sure it has a 31 attack IV as well. And the in-game traded ones have either Rock Head or Reckless I think too. I would be using it but I'm trying out Tirtouga on this playthrough. Other options you have include Jellicent, Swanna, and Palpitoad but the only one of those that interests me personally is Jellicent.

Also, how have you liked Eelektross so far? I plan to catch and raise a Tynamo when I get to Chargestone Cave, but I know he'll probably be challenging to raise and rely heavily on tms. He just looks so boss though in his final stage!

In White the Rock Head Basculin is unique, it can't normally get that ability. But honestly, Adaptability surely has to be the ability of choice on Basculin. An Adaptability Aqua Tail or even Waterfall is going to hit harder than a Reckless Double Edge (on a target neutral to both).

I know this is Smogon, but you don't need to apologize for displaying a hint of emotion in Pokemon. At least in this thread.

I feel like the only person who hasn't found a Shiny. Aww...
Same here. *hi-fives*

Also eh, Rock Head Basculin sucks in competitive play. It has a fixed set of IVs(20/31/20/20/20/20) and a fixed nature, which means that he isn't really the fastest when it comes to Basculin. :/

Nope. Fuck recoil-less Double Edge, I'd prefer my Adaptability Waterfall.

We'd better watch out when Basculin gets a Water-type Head Smash in the 3rd game!

I was also excited when I found a shiny Gurdurr... at least until I discovered it was Timid. Speedy special-attacking Conkeldurr anyone?

On the 7th gym in pokemon white right now, my team is currently:
Samurott
Scrafty
Sigilyph
Lampent

I want to get rid of Sigilyph. It's really not that great despite the fact that I got one with magic guard... I want to replace it with a flying type though and I don't want Unfezant. I have an Archen in reserve, but I'm not sure. I used Swanna in my japanese black run, so that's out the window too. In all honesty, anything that can learn Fly will do. Any suggestions?

On the 7th gym in pokemon white right now, my team is currently:
Samurott
Scrafty
Sigilyph
Lampent

I want to get rid of Sigilyph. It's really not that great despite the fact that I got one with magic guard... I want to replace it with a flying type though and I don't want Unfezant. I have an Archen in reserve, but I'm not sure. I used Swanna in my japanese black run, so that's out the window too. In all honesty, anything that can learn Fly will do. Any suggestions?
I would suggest giving Archen a shot then. He shouldn't be too hard to catch up to the rest of your team since he learns his best move at 28 and then just decimates things after that especially once he evolves at 37. If you're just looking for fly utility you could always go for the somewhat unique route and evolve a Golett and then use Golurk as your flyer. Lol

I would suggest giving Archen a shot then. He shouldn't be too hard to catch up to the rest of your team since he leans his best move at 28 and then just decimates things after that especially once he evolves at 37. If you're just looking for fly utility you could always go for the somewhat unique route and evolve a Golett and then use Golurk as your flyer. Lol
Okay, I'll give him a shot then. Cannot be bothered with golett/lurk, I've already got a ghost type going and I don't need more to be honest haha! Thinking about giving ferrothorn a shot too, nobody seems to be using him ingame...

What is in the Challenger's Cave?

NPCs keep mentioning a legend about a Legendary pokemon training it's student there, but I haven't found any legendary pokemon in there.

Nah, there's no legendary. Just a bunch of high level trainers and the stone edge TM.

I was just thinking about how funny it is how the pokemon you are initially excited about upon the info leak and the pokemon you spend time raising are usually totally different. I wouldn't have even looked twice at conkeldurr and his dumb clown nose back when all the sprites and stats were listed on gamefaqs; the fighters I were excited about were Mienshao and Keldio. Now, Conkeldurr is one of my favorite pokes and i'm probably not even gonna bother with Mienshao (and keldio doesn't exist yet).

Pawniard and Bisharp are the second evolutionary line to be based on another game (chess). The first were Diglett and Dugtrio, based on Whac-A-Mole. If you count sports as well, there are the Hitmons, Glalie (a hockey mask), and probably some others.

Budew and Roserade are the only case where two Pokemon in the same non-branched evolutionary line follow one another, but the former does NOT evolve into the latter.

Spheal through Luvdisc make a run of eight consecutive Pokemon with a shared type in National Dex order, the longest such run, beating out Pidgey through Fearow. The longest run for a pure type is Gothita through Reuniclus, with six, beating out Horsea through Staryu and Patrat through Stoutland. The longest for a dual type is Omanyte through Kabutops, with four.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Pawniard and Bisharp are the second evolutionary line to be based on another game (chess). The first were Diglett and Dugtrio, based on Whac-A-Mole. If you count sports as well, there are the Hitmons, Glalie (a hockey mask), and probably some others.

Budew and Roserade are the only case where two Pokemon in the same non-branched evolutionary line follow one another, but the former does NOT evolve into the latter.

Spheal through Luvdisc make a run of eight consecutive Pokemon with a shared type in National Dex order, the longest such run, beating out Pidgey through Fearow. The longest run for a pure type is Gothita through Reuniclus, with six, beating out Horsea through Staryu and Patrat through Stoutland. The longest for a dual type is Omanyte through Kabutops, with four.
Shouldn't this be in the trivia thread?

As Paul567(welcome to Smogon btw) said, you are correct. BW just doesn't have that fancy 3d stuff.
Dang :(
I was hoping they had at least tailored some rudimentary effects, like how GB games had some color on the GBC. You know, like your Pokemon being closer to you than your opponents, some depth to the overworld, just little things like that.

Got to love the randomness of breeding...managed to somehow churn out a 31/31/31/31/31/29 Solosis while trying to use Masuda method...and it's Jolly (modest everstone'd). AND female, while I'm using a female Japanese Solosis, so I can't even use it to help breed a different pokemon.

I am finding breeding to be a lot less annoying for some reason than it was in SS for me. Maybe it's just a larger starting pool of parents. Or I'm just more familiar with identifying duds. The Subway been a huge boon for sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)