Pokémon GO

Please put a little more effort into your post structure. A post is supposed to be more than just a collection of random phrases and strings of words. Use capitalization and proper punctuation. It's site rules, and you can be infracted for breaking them.
Sheesh, no need to be so nitpicky about him. The guy’s just enjoyin and havin fun eh?

Sheesh, no need to be so nitpicky about him. The guy’s just enjoyin and havin fun eh?
We have rules for a reason. Proper spelling and interpunction especially, as they can mess up the entire sense of your post. I don't think we want people typing like retarded apes because they're 'just having fun'.

On-topic: Darn it, I just had a 2200+ Ho-Oh run away from me. I don't know exactly what a perfect one looks like, but I'm assuming this was very high T__T

Just checked, and (upon encounter) it's 2222. Guess mine was pretty good then. Fortunately it wasn't perfect, otherwise I would've shot myself :')

EDIT: jk, I really wouldn't shoot myself over something in a video game ;)

Last edited:

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
2222 is perfect for Ho-oh as I know someone that achieved that. I was 3 for 5 in our group raids today for Ho-oh so a better one would certainly be desireable. Am so glad this was not an ex raid boss.

Yeah I figured that too... Just Excellent Throws are doable though. But Excellent + Curve is a hell. It's almost like trying Excellent + Curve a Pidgey. Ho-Oh is so close, hence your ball barely has travel time... Luckily I already captured a good one today, so I'm safe.

What works for me is spinning the ball as if you're about to throw a curve ball. But then instead of throwing to the side, throw straight through the middle. Almost as if you're directly aiming for the bulls eye. The ball has such little travel time that it won't spin to the side. But because your ball spins, it does count as a curve ball.

Pain in the butt compared to the previous legendaries indeed.

Even though the contents of the raids are fun, it's almost becoming a boring routine. All my raids today were like this: Go to nearby gym for Ho-Oh raid. See all the regular players in town. Everyone says hi to each other then stare at their phones. Finish the raid, and onto the next one!

It feels surreal that we keep doing this. The game brings people out and then it's the most shallow social experience I can imagine.

I don't think any legendary (apart from Suicune) is crap. But still, the amount of candies you need for them is unrealistic. If I have 3-4 good legendaries, there's no way I can max out all of them. Not with the little rare candies I'm having (and getting).

Well I sure am happy for them. I just hope they won't use all that money on Harry Potter. Wish they should've just sticked to Pokémon GO and gave it all their attention.

The most important ones I have are: 1x Tyranitar, 2x Dragonite, 1x Charizard, 2x Vaporeon, 1x Jolteon. Some other ones I can name from the top of my head are Shuckle, Parasect, Rapidash, Ditto (pretty psyched on that) and Seadra. And probably some other shitmons I threw away whilst not caring like Pidgey, Rattata, Sentret, Hoot, etc. Couldn't care less about a Rattata with perfect IVs, it will never be useful.

Still thinking whether I'm going to do something with that Ditto. Maybe just for lulz.

Whoa, thats quite good. Especially those strong pokes. This is what i have:

Blastoise, Butterfree, Beedrill, Pidgeot, Raticate, Fearow, Arbok, Sandslash, Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Clefable, Ninetails, Wigglytuff, Parasect, Venomoth, Dugtrio, Persian, Golduck, Primape, Poliwrath, Machamp, Victreebel, Golem, Rapidash, Slowbro, Magnemite, Magneton, Doduo, Dodrio, Dewgong, Kingler, Electrode, Exeggutor, Hitmonlee, Lickitung, Tangela, Kangaskhan, Seaking, Starmie, Mr. Mime, Jynx, Electabuzz, Magmar, Pinsir, Lapras, Porygon, Omastar, Kabutops, Aerodactyl, Meganium, Furret, Noctowl, Ledian, Ariados, Crobat, Lanturn, Togetic, Bellossom, Azumarill, Sudowoodo, Jumpluff, Aipom, Sunflora, Yanma, Quagsire, Espeon, Umbreon, Murkrow, Slowking, Misdreavus, Wobbuffet, Girafarig, Forretress, Dunsparce, Gligar, Steelix, Granbull, Shuckle, Sneasel, Swinub, Poliswine, Octillery, Skarmory, Houndoom, Kingdra, Donphan, Stantler, Milktank

No duplicates. It may seem much, but they’re all useless. Wish i had the luck of getting a good Tyra or Dragonite once :(

Tips?

Last edited:
That's a lot indeed, wow. I'd say Omastar, Lapras and Blastoise are kind of useful. Houndoom too, against Mewtwo.

I got my perfect Larvitar from an egg. But I've seen a lot of people getting very good T-Tars from raids. As far as I'm concerned the IV distribution of raid bosses differentiate between 10 - 15 points randomly per stat. Hence, you're having a bigger change to get a good Pokémon if you manage to capture the raid boss :)

It's very good against Fire-type Pokémon. And since Moltres, Entei and Ho-Oh have been out as raid bosses lately, my Omastar came in really handy. It has a x4 Fire-type resistance and it's essentially a better Kabutops.

It's also pretty good in the main games since it got access to Shell Smash :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)