Pokémon GO

yea the dust thing is an issue for me as well, someone on the group soloed a Machamp raid, I have the things they used.. but there is nowhere near enough dust, I seem to have the opposite.. the things I spent dust on are useful, the things I now need has expanded immensely such as Machamp, one of the mentioned pokes used for solo Machamp I only got this week :/ I have the candies, and not the dust.

the boxes though. for me depends on the costs, they contain things I want, then it might be worth stocking up.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Of note: You can hatch Pichu with Ash's hat.

Yes, evolving it will lead to a Pikachu (and subsequently, Raichu) keeping it. Collectionists, you have work to do in the next 3 weeks if you want one of each of the line.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
I know, but just an example since the question of whether the hat is kept always comes up.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Anniversary Box is not worth it. I wish the shop made it possible to sell back items such as Max Revives and Max Potions so I could spend it on more necessary items such as raid passes, incubators or even bag/box upgrades at least.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
There are egg changes:

Spinarak hatches from 2Ks now.
Houndour hatches from 5Ks now.
Gligar and Mantine hatch from 5Ks instead of 10Ks now.

Pineco is also rumored to hatch from 5Ks as well.

breh

強いだね
Gligar and Mantine hatch from 5Ks instead of 10Ks now.
T H A N K F U C K

Spinarak is an incredible disappointment, though. Why it's there when paras is out of eggs entirely I have no clue. The damn thing is even a 50 candy evolve unlike ledyba...

I'm wondering what kind of stuff niantic is gonna do for the anniversary that isn't what they currently have. It's kinda... very half-assed at the moment and people are just pouring salt about it on reddit (and probably other places). Hopefully something neat happens.

After getting a new battery, I realized that my old one had... approximately 1/3 of the capacity of a new battery. The difference is actually insane and I don't feel like I'm cut off timewise by my phone.

Oh and phalanx I can feel your pain with the gyms; there's one gym near me that I literally cannot take because anything I put there will literally be removed before I get a coin. I think there's a couple that basically camps the gym (or lives close enough to drive there, I guess) and revenges it after it's taken down.

Expert Evan

Here's the breakdown of the Anniversary Box assessment from a more serious player's perspective:

6 Egg Incubator: 6 * 150 = 900
2 Premium Raid Passes: 2 * 100 = 200
6 Max Revives (easily obtainable and used wisely when level 30 and up)
20 Ultra Balls (easily obtainable and used wisely when level 20 and up)
Overall Value: 900 + 200 = 1100 - 1200 = -100 RIPOFF!

If you've mastered the skill of spinning curve balls and switching from great ball to pokeball and back, then really no need for more ultra balls. I have over 100 of them in stock. And Max Revives are only good if you're struggling to beat a raid boss and have to keep doing over and over again. My advice, hook up with a pal regardless of team affiliation and take that raid boss down, and if it's level 4 then gather a group for it. Simple.

Here's the breakdown of the Anniversary Box assessment from a more serious player's perspective:

6 Egg Incubator: 6 * 150 = 900
2 Premium Raid Passes: 2 * 100 = 200
6 Max Revives (easily obtainable and used wisely when level 30 and up)
20 Ultra Balls (easily obtainable and used wisely when level 20 and up)
Overall Value: 900 + 200 = 1100 - 1200 = -100 RIPOFF!

If you've mastered the skill of spinning curve balls and switching from great ball to pokeball and back, then really no need for more ultra balls. I have over 100 of them in stock. And Max Revives are only good if you're struggling to beat a raid boss and have to keep doing over and over again. My advice, hook up with a pal regardless of team affiliation and take that raid boss down, and if it's level 4 then gather a group for it. Simple.
Uh... Max Revives are now sold actually. 180 coins for 6 if I recall correctly. So it is 80 coins saving with extra balls. Not that it's worth it, it's worthless with eggs hatching scraps and balls are easy to get. I'd rather go with the passes.

Max revives are free from any good pokestop/gym.
and lol took a 6 down... it gets retaken in 5 minutes.. while the 3 day gym is still there... honestly, Niantic need to look at how people play the game and rework the system...

oh and i post on reddit and put ideas, too many morons downvote because it effects their cheating/ lame play

Max revives are free from any good pokestop/gym.
and lol took a 6 down... it gets retaken in 5 minutes.. while the 3 day gym is still there... honestly, Niantic need to look at how people play the game and rework the system...

oh and i post on reddit and put ideas, too many morons downvote because it effects their cheating/ lame play
That idea better be detailed enough and leave little to no flaw or at least acknowledge the possible flaws. To me, the current gym system is decent enough at least. I see many people gets active in gyms again.
Flawed, but much better than in the past, having to break gyms for long time, and Arceus help me if Blissey is involved. Still not much incentive in attacking gym, but at least it is significantly easier instead of downright pointless time wasting.

Finally managed to raid for the first time today; raid times just don't seem to match when I'm free and decent attacking mons are in short supply. Only a lev 1 raid for Quilava but I was really pleased as it help bump me up to Lev 24 and I managed it solo :) Just wish the gym nearest where I live was closer as I'd take part in more raids if I just knew that they were happening.

Pretty much wishing right now that Niantic would expand the notification range as well as fix the stability/lag issues. I ended up restarting the app at least 5 times in 10 minutes today and lost track of how many times I had to restart during the whole period I was playing. The amount of lag is ridiculous as I've got a near constant spinning pokeball most of the time.

Expert Evan

I miss the old gym system where we got up to 5000 stardust every 21 hours if I had pokemon in 10 or more gyms as well as 100 coins per collection from shop. In the process of saving coins, I'm only getting extra egg incubators when I have at least 3 10k eggs that need to hatch.

Also, using a golden razz berry on a low heart pokemon in gym is almost worthless unless you need it to last in the gym another day. It only yields 20 stardust, I was hoping for more when I experimented one of my 68 available.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Not to repeat the talk DHR gave you again, but I have a sneaking suspicion that your posting style has more to do with the downvotes than the readers being cheaters. Most of your posts seem to be able to be summarized into "The game isn't tuned to suit me, and only me, and that's bad!". Except without the capitalization, that is.

I miss the old gym system where we got up to 5000 stardust every 21 hours if I had pokemon in 10 or more gyms as well as 100 coins per collection from shop. In the process of saving coins, I'm only getting extra egg incubators when I have at least 3 10k eggs that need to hatch.

Also, using a golden razz berry on a low heart pokemon in gym is almost worthless unless you need it to last in the gym another day. It only yields 20 stardust, I was hoping for more when I experimented one of my 68 available.
Thing is, while I'm guilty for that payout too, I see many people were locked out by Blisseys before. I had hunted them and I certainly don't want to remember those times. I'm somewhat happier with current system that satisfy my bloodlust without staying too long, although the dust problem is equally critical.

Not to repeat the talk DHR gave you again, but I have a sneaking suspicion that your posting style has more to do with the downvotes than the readers being cheaters. Most of your posts seem to be able to be summarized into "The game isn't tuned to suit me, and only me, and that's bad!". Except without the capitalization, that is.
oh trust me it isn't... I gave an idea how to sort gyms out to give a decent turnover, I post threads only to improve the game.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
Blissey (and her imported sisters from all over in gyms) was an actual challenge in the old system and something I wholeheartedly enjoyed doing. This new system has me taking a few gyms at night to get my coins and be done with it, because I abhor how easy and casual it is. While I'm a fan of the whole "everyone can access gyms" aspect, I feel like punishing hardcore players by disincentivizing defenders entirely as well as CP 3000+ mons is not conducive.

The stardust problem is something a lot of people have beef with, and while I can understand that (and sorely miss it), remember that defenders seriously do not matter in this system. You want to maximize your attackers that will nuke gyms (one Dragonite is enough for this, actually) and maximize attackers that take down raid bosses (Machamp for example), but overall the amount of Pokemon that need stardust right now is at an all time low.

yea, my Snorlax is 3064, I still need to use it for overnight coins.. the beef I have is that all 6 slots are open, I couldn't get in 1 of my local gyms the other day, because it was taken at 3am... and retaken and filled by 9am, and then everyone ignores it because it is 6. which is what I suggested on reddit, reduce the free slots to 3 to encourage turnover.

the stardust issue is exactly that.. I have already invested in various pokes, it isn't defenders I want to invest in.. it is Attackers, someone soled a raid, listed what they used.. so before I had, and still have a nice load of decent pokes (100% nites few garrys, couple of golems, Blissey jolteon and flareon, and CF/SB exeggutor) all maxed.. the changes mean I need Machamp, Alakazams, I got a double Psychic Exeggutor from a raid.. again handy.. but this is a lot of stardust to invest, so for me the pokemon that needs stardust has increased. loving having my dragonites available to attack with, one nearly soloed an exeggutor raid. which I got a fast TM in.. so now have 1 with DT/O :D

yea, my Snorlax is 3064, I still need to use it for overnight coins.. the beef I have is that all 6 slots are open, I couldn't get in 1 of my local gyms the other day, because it was taken at 3am... and retaken and filled by 9am, and then everyone ignores it because it is 6. which is what I suggested on reddit, reduce the free slots to 3 to encourage turnover.

the stardust issue is exactly that.. I have already invested in various pokes, it isn't defenders I want to invest in.. it is Attackers, someone soled a raid, listed what they used.. so before I had, and still have a nice load of decent pokes (100% nites few garrys, couple of golems, Blissey jolteon and flareon, and CF/SB exeggutor) all maxed.. the changes mean I need Machamp, Alakazams, I got a double Psychic Exeggutor from a raid.. again handy.. but this is a lot of stardust to invest, so for me the pokemon that needs stardust has increased. loving having my dragonites available to attack with, one nearly soloed an exeggutor raid. which I got a fast TM in.. so now have 1 with DT/O :D
Eh, turnover is already rising and there are complains that people can't get their coins because of how fast it is (worst I heard came from Singapore). If anything, they had never directly reward attacking, the major problem is. Just give some dusts for battling, and I'll be even more eager to demolish anything in my path.

That also trivialise attacking too much and reduce gym slot availability. Fighting gyms leaders and island kings with only 4 'mon at most is bad enough, it'll be worse in GO as it has no challenge at all. If I'm you, I'd get into the time it's retaken, I wake up at 5-6 AM regularly anyway.

Ah well, for gym fights I try to do challenges like only few mon or doing species clause myself too.

double ice lapras is easily the best you can have on it. Ice Beam and Blizzard are both great, just quick and charge tm it and you're gonna get a set you're happy with. That's a really nice roster of mons btw. I don't have many top tier mons with > 95% ivs. My best IV is a perfect nidoqueen with pjab and eq, but even so she's still not a top tier mon. I think she will cross 2k after one more powerup to level 30 though!

e: also I caught my first machamp today! Unfortunately it has < 80% ivs and bullet punch close combat, but i'm still very happy! Interestingly I also saw a machamp raid at < 5 minutes dissapear earlier in the day (the first time i'd seen a machamp raid in my game), and I saw 3 tyranitar raids (none of which I was able to go to, and all of them being the first time i'd seen a tyranitar raid in my game). I'm really hoping these raids can help me really strengthen my roster. Stardust is easily the most limiting resource rn, I wish I had conserved it since day 1. :P

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
I need TMs! My Lapras is 97.8% and has Water Gun and Hydro Pump, which my Vaporeon has so would you guys say I should go for Water Gun and Ice Beam, Water Gun and Blizzard, or Ice Shard and Blizzard?
I see Lapras has equal HP to Vaporeon, so literally they are almost identical except the 1 IV difference, it needs Ice Moves to be different enough to differentiate itself from Vaporeon... What is the best set you guys?
Water Gun can double hit Rhydon but Ice Shard can double hit Dragonite...
Ice Shard is legacy on Lapras (and the better move on the null defense). If you're going to invest in it, change Water Gun to Frost Breath and Hydro to either of the Ice moves (Ice Beam / Blizzard). Vaporeon otherwise outshines Lapras in the Water department (less weaknesses, more power) so you don't want to make it an inferior Vape.

The reason why a Water Fast Move / Ice Charge Move or Ice Fast Move / Water Charge Move moveset would be suboptimal is because their type coverage either 1) provides less power than double STAB or 2) is redundant. For example, against Rhydon or Dragonite (as you mentioned), it would be better to be dual Water or dual Ice respectively in order to better handle them. Fire types like Arcanine? One of your moves is resisted. Grass types like Exeggutor? One of your moves is resisted. And so on and so forth.

A Lapras that is not double Ice just ends up underperforming due to these factors. 98% is great so I do implore you to TM it, you only require 2 at the most.

double ice lapras is easily the best you can have on it. Ice Beam and Blizzard are both great, just quick and charge tm it and you're gonna get a set you're happy with. That's a really nice roster of mons btw. I don't have many top tier mons with > 95% ivs. My best IV is a perfect nidoqueen with pjab and eq, but even so she's still not a top tier mon. I think she will cross 2k after one more powerup to level 30 though!

e: also I caught my first machamp today! Unfortunately it has < 80% ivs and bullet punch close combat, but i'm still very happy! Interestingly I also saw a machamp raid at < 5 minutes dissapear earlier in the day (the first time i'd seen a machamp raid in my game), and I saw 3 tyranitar raids (none of which I was able to go to, and all of them being the first time i'd seen a tyranitar raid in my game). I'm really hoping these raids can help me really strengthen my roster. Stardust is easily the most limiting resource rn, I wish I had conserved it since day 1. :P
Even though Nidoqueen isn't top tier, CP doesn't determine anything in this game other than decay rate (3000 CP+). Nidoqueen is actually a pretty neat defender and not a bad attacker (though Nidoking exists), I would defo power it up to like level 30; use it in battle or watch someone face it, it'll do decent.

Solid Machamp, but strive for a better one. As you said, dust is limited nowadays, so you want to concentrate on attackers that will mow down Raid Bosses, and Machamp is easily the #1 mon for this. If a Raid Migration or something happens, make that Machamp your own but yeah. Given the existence of Machamp and Tyranitar raids at the moment, just going out of your way for 1-3 is enough to make your roster infinitely more useful.

I think if we knew then (when we started) what we know now, we would know to not pour dust on things Niantic will make obsolete lol

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
They both perform about the same honestly, but Ice Beam has the added bonus of 1) not wasting energy and 2) being more useful for Raid Bosses. If you roll Blizzard though you can honestly keep it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)