Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is this is the new Lucario-style pokemon... Not a legendary, but a the "cool hero" pokemon of this generation that will get some movie love and probably have solid stats and typing without spilling over the legendary line. Looks more like a fox than a dog to me though, so I don't think its a spur off the Riolu evolutionary line. Probably its own thing.

I tell you what though, my dream of an "all canids" team for Pokemon that is viable in competition might just be coming true, especially if this thing is OU material.

I don't think it is a Mightyena evolution simply because I wouldn't expect an evolution of an early game nuisance Pokemon to be the star of a movie. It's kind of like making a Raticate evolution the star of a movie.

As much as the silhouette appears to be related to Lucario, I think that starring an evo of an existing Pokemon would bring less attention to a 5th gen than a purely new Pokemon would. So I'm betting that this Pokemon is a brand new species.

Now to wait for the Dunsparce/Pinsir/Qwilfish/Farfetch'd/Jynx/Corsola/Delibird/Chatot evolutions and Lapras/Miltank+Tauros/Kangaskhan babies

Lucario has proven more popular than many of the other legendary Pokemon - it even made it into SSBB. If anything, your argument facilitates the possibility of this not being a legend.
In the context of the movie, Lucario was a Legendary, being the main Pokemon of Sir Aaron, who saved the Tree of Beginnings. The movie started off with a mother reading a story to her child about it. And even in the games, Lucario is treated as a sort of "pseudo-Legendary", as you can only get it in the main games by having Riley give you the Riolu egg. So in any case, Lucario is not a "normal"/ordinary Pokemon.

Beyond that, as mentioned, this is the main thing from the 13th movie. Lucario is the only exception where the star of the movie hasn't been a full-fledged Legendary, and even then Lucario isn't just some random, normal Pokemon like say Sandslash, and was treated as at least a "pseduo-legendary." So, there's practically no way that his Pokemon is just something like a Sandslash evolution. It is possible, but it's not all likely.

Naxte said:
In the context of the movie, Lucario was a Legendary, being the main Pokemon of Sir Aaron, who saved the Tree of Beginnings. The movie started off with a mother reading a story to her child about it. And even in the games, Lucario is treated as a sort of "pseudo-Legendary", as you can only get it in the main games by having Riley give you the Riolu egg. So in any case, Lucario is not a "normal"/ordinary Pokemon.

Beyond that, as mentioned, this is the main thing from the 13th movie. Lucario is the only exception where the star of the movie hasn't been a full-fledged Legendary, and even then Lucario isn't just some random, normal Pokemon like say Sandslash, and was treated as at least a "pseduo-legendary." So, there's practically no way that his Pokemon is just something like a Sandslash evolution. It is possible, but it's not all likely.
I never said this would be some schmuck-random Pokemon akin to Sandslash - but rather another of the caliber of Luke. It doesn't have the presence of a typical Pokemon legend as far as my opinion goes. Of course, this is all just guesswork - Gamefreak could be trying something new for all we know.

When I saw the silhouette, the first thing that came to my mind was some kind of Stunky evolution. I think it's going to be really cool.

I just hope they continue to improve a lot of the UU/NU Pokémon. For instance, Flareon still needs Flare Blitz. Actually, since I'm bored, I'll share some of my opinions.

Flareon needs Flare Blitz. No explanation needed.

The Oddish line needs some vast improvement. Oddish needs to be able to learn Leech Seed by leveling up, for starters. I also don't think it's out of the question for Oddish to be able to learn Leaf Storm or Leaf Blade, since it can already learn Razor Leaf. I think Oddish has the physical characteristics to support these moves. Secondly, if Vileplume can learn Drain Punch, it should be able to learn Poison Jab (Victreebel is a good candidate for this move as well). I also think that Vileplume should get Shadow Ball. Roserade gets it, but I think it would make better sense on Vileplume, seeing as they are nocturnal Pokémon and are more associated with darkness. Vileplume also needs Weather Ball. If Victreebel and Roserade can learn it, why not Vileplume? These apply to Bellossom as well for the most part, but Vileplume is my favorite Grass Pokémon.

Speaking of Grass-types, I think that Power Whip should be learnable by Victreebel, Tentacruel, Meganium, and Cradily.

I also think that Tail Glow should be learnable by Ampharos and Lanturn. They can already learn Signal Beam, and Manaphy isn't even a Bug-type nor does it have a tail.

Weather Ball needs to be learnable by Dragonair, since it can control the weather. It would also make a lot of sense for Groudon and Kyogre to get the move, as well. Vileplume was already mentioned.

Ampharos should be able to learn Ice Punch. I don't see why it can't learn Ice Punch if Electivire can learn it, and Ampharos already has access to ThunderPunch, Fire Punch, and Focus Punch, just like Elevtivire.

Oh, and Let's not forget Nasty Plot Gengar!

Eh, that's enough of that for now.

So how many people here would RAEG if Heracross or Pinsir got an evolution? Looking around, it seems most people agree Pinsir deserves it, but Heracross isn't doing too hot in the current metagame either. Not as good as Luke anyways, and everyone thinks they'd give it to him just from guessing at the pic...

Heracross is pretty awesome on its own, so he really doesn't need one; I wouldn't really care if he did, though. Pinsir should definitely get one, though, since Scyther (Pinsir's generation partner) already has.

heracross was supposed to be the evolution of Pinsir to go with scyther to scisor. But since Heracross looked completely different from Pinsir, they decided to just make Heracross a different pokemon from Pinsir.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
If this new pokémon is like Renamon, I'm buying a thousand copies of this game.

(not furry)

I like the side evolution of riolu theory, with riolu evolving with a moonstone.
Impossible. It can't evolve with a Moon Stone in DPPt, it won't evolve with it in 5th Gen.

Right now to evolve into Lucario it has to be daytime. It seems plausible that it could be based on happiness at night.
Same here. It didn't evolve by this method back then, it won't evolve now. Unless, of course, you need a new hold item to do so...

am i the only one who doubts there will be any evos of pre-existing pokemon?
Actually, I'm also a firm believer that this will be a new generation with no relation to older pokemon. I base this off the fact that every other generation up to this point has been completely brand new; only Johto and Sinnoh had evolutions and pre-evolutions of preexisting pokemon. This will probably include a brand new set of pokemon - much like Hoenn.

If this new pokémon is like Renamon, I'm buying a thousand copies of this game.

(not furry)

Impossible. It can't evolve with a Moon Stone in DPPt, it won't evolve with it in 5th Gen.

Same here. It didn't evolve by this method back then, it won't evolve now. Unless, of course, you need a new hold item to do so...
Well it could evolve with a Moon Stone in 5th Generation, because in Ruby/Sapphire Kirlia evolved into Gardevoir regardless of gender, but in DPPt male ralts/kirlia evolve into Gallade as long as you had a dawn stone

Actually, I'm also a firm believer that this will be a new generation with no relation to older pokemon. I base this off the fact that every other generation up to this point has been completely brand new; only Johto and Sinnoh had evolutions and pre-evolutions of preexisting pokemon. This will probably include a brand new set of pokemon - much like Hoenn.
Actually, RSE has Wynaut, Wobbuffet's pre-evo. It is the only one, though.

wrong, kanto wass obviously brand new, but hoenn brought wynaut and azuril. It isn't much, but there will be atleast one or two new evos/prevos

edit: beaten, but he forgot azuril

Hoenn didn't have as many, but it still had some, namely Azurill and Wynaut. Based on Generation IV, I do feel that Generation V may have less in the way of pre-evolutions and evolutions of old Pokemon, but just like every generation since generation II, it will have some, at least.

Impossible. It can't evolve with a Moon Stone in DPPt, it won't evolve with it in 5th Gen....

...Same here. It didn't evolve by this method back then, it won't evolve now. Unless, of course, you need a new hold item to do so...
I heard stuff like this every time a new generation come up and I constantly ask myself "Why can't they evolve from pre-existing methods?" Is they're some official rule state any new gen evolution must evolve from a new method and/or new items or something?

Just some random speculation: the title of the movie might indicate that the Pokemon is either Dark, Psychic, or Ghost (Phantom Ruler Z). A Dark/Fighting seems very plausible, too.

Just some random speculation: the title of the movie might indicate that the Pokemon is either Dark, Psychic, or Ghost (Phantom Ruler Z). A Dark/Fighting seems very plausible, too.
That's what I was saying on IRC; I am predicting that this Pokémon is Gen V's counterpart to Lucario, and therefore will have some link to him type-wise (either through Fighting or Steel). If Steel, I could potentially see this thing being part-Ghost type.

Out of Dark, Psychic, or Ghost, my money is on Dark. And I think everyone can agree that it's part Fighting.

I still don't understand how this looks like Lucario at all. While it does have a similar body, it looks more like a Shaymin on top of a Weavile than a Lucario.

Ah right, but the rest of the pokemon were pretty much new.

When do we receive more news about this? I thought they'd reveal more than a silhouette...*disappointed at lack of news*

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Well it could evolve with a Moon Stone in 5th Generation, because in Ruby/Sapphire Kirlia evolved into Gardevoir regardless of gender, but in DPPt male ralts/kirlia evolve into Gallade as long as you had a dawn stone
Dawn Stone, however, was non-existant in RSE, and male Kirlia still may evolve to Gardevoir by level. Moon Stone exists in DPPt and doesn't evolve Riolu, so it won't evolve it in 5th Gen.

Reminds me of how many people on certain boards joked around that it'd be a Renamon-ish thing. ... Looks kinda cool, too. ^^
This is actually a lot funnier when you look at Pokémon World Magazine, which was popular in the UK some time ago. They had a feature where you sent in your own pokémon designs. Someone just traced a picture of Renamon, even called it Renamon, and it got into the magazine. Lol...

I'm thinking it has some ghost typing in there. There is after all the whole "Phantom Ruler" part to resolve, which has absolutely no context as we know right now. If you look back at for example "Giratina and the Sky Warrior", there was no context for the "Sky Warrior" part and then it turned out to be the newly-revealed Shaymin forme with the titular role. No idea what role this'll play in the games though. They wouldn't reveal a legendary so soon, and the first Pokémon revealed shouldn't be an evolution of something that already exists.

But anyway, my wishlist for Gen V is a Pokémon of:
A fast cockroach
A really powerful bug/dark centipede
A bug/ground bulky atlas beetle
Something bug/ice, like maybe a weta
A useable spider, possible Ariados evo
Something water/fire, a nice steam Poké

Though as for what the new evos will be I have no idea. Unlike last gen, there are very few Pokés that really need an evo. There's pretty much only Ariados and Mightyena that do need a boost (with a probably cool design), perhaps Lanturn, maybe Stantler. Most of the other stuff I can think of just wouldn't work. As for Jynx, whatever they made it into it'd be disgusting so I'd rather they didn't make one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)