Pokemon Day Presents 2024 - Pokemon LZA 2025

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OK but really between the unown bumpers, the Raikou tie in for Sleep, the prominent Champion Silver tie in for Masters and I think some bursts of GS music it does feel weird there's not even a "GS slapped on the eshop [so you dirty cheaters cant use cloud saves]" announcement. I wonder if a remake might still be in the cards for this year, too, just because Nintendo's 2024 seems pretty slim and having someone handle a remake again would make sense...

Anyway I think it's interesting that this still seems to be the modern Lumiose, so probably still pretty recent in Kalos' life time. Any time we were thinking of the "Legends" moniker it was like Arceus' conceit of farther in the past, but really there's nothing stoping them from looking at any given one.

It does say "redevelopment". We'll probably go from "old" Lumiose and over the course of the game build it to the "modern" Lumiose. Might have even been partially inspired by how Jubilife develops as you do sidequests in LA.

After seeing how the A's markings are stylized as stems or roots, it probably is a new Pokemon.

Maybe we also get a "B" and "C" Pokemon
I’m not yet counting out the possibility (however unlikely) of it being set in the future.

NintendoAmerica on Twitter: Watch to see the reveal trailer for #PokemonLegendsZA, a new adventure set entirely within Lumiose City, coming to #NintendoSwitch in 2025.

I guess it is a pretty big city.
I guess I could see it (the focus is SO forward on the city) but I wonder how much of this is the twitter misspeaking. It'd be strange to literally have the entire game take place in the city and no other part of Kalos up to and presumably including Terminus Cave.

being serious, I dont like the gameplay loop grind of legends arceus so unless they radically changed that (wouldnt make any sense considered people liked it) this is a nothingburger to me. not a big deal I need to save money lol but it does make me shake my first at open world being the new norm for "great" titles

I wonder if we'll get a new zygarde form. I dont like 10 or 100 so unless it takes inspiration from base 50% and its planaria looking ass im sleeping

2025 release is promising, maybe itll be slightly more polished? if not though giving the workers more time is good enough for me lol. I do hope its fun for people who like the games, theres just not a lot to say about neon lineart

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
You have got to be freaking kidding me. A Kalos Legends game. That’s it. I’m done.

It’s one thing for me to get a prediction wrong about no new games showing up here. But it’s another thing entirely for Game Freak to want to rush out yet another game for what I’m expecting is early-mid 2025 while also breaking the precedent set for returning region order for the entire franchise’s history.

I hope everyone here is happy. That’s all I’m going to say.

How bout them Unova Fanboys?
Life is so cathartic sometimes. :psysly:

PLZ sounds like a GREAT time. Kalos desperately needed a non-half-baked game, and a Legends game in a modern era means that there should be a lot more trainers. Megas being back also means that it'll be a more combat-centric game.

It's going to be very interesting to see how that one turns out. I'm very happy.

I guess I could see it (the focus is SO forward on the city) but I wonder how much of this is the twitter misspeaking. It'd be strange to literally have the entire game take place in the city and no other part of Kalos up to and presumably including Terminus Cave.
https://legends.pokemon.com/en-us/

The small website so far says "A new adventure awaits within Lumiose City, where an urban redevelopment plan is underway to shape the city into a place that belongs to both people and Pokémon. Please look forward to seeing it for yourself.", so I guess the twitter could be extrapolating from that and adding "entirely".

The other Pokemon.com article says this which is about the same:

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/updates-from-the-pokemon-day-2024-pokemon-presents
"Lumiose City is the setting of the upcoming Pokémon Legends: Z-A, where an urban redevelopment plan brings with it a vision of people and Pokémon living together in harmony. Look for this new entry to the Pokémon video game series to arrive in 2025."

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
You have got to be freaking kidding me. A Kalos Legends game. That’s it. I’m done.

It’s one thing for me to get a prediction wrong about no new games showing up here. But it’s another thing entirely for Game Freak to want to rush out yet another game for what I’m expecting is early-mid 2025 while also breaking the precedent set for returning region order for the entire franchise’s history.

WHat did you want from this?
NGL I was expecting Gen 5.

I'm not saying you're wrong to feel that way but other Nintendo franchises do remakes out-of-order too. Like the first three Fire Emblem games are Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light (1990), Gaiden (1992), and Mystery of the Emblem (1994). However, even though Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light got a remake first (2008), Mystery of the Emblem got a remake in 2010 and Gaiden didn't get one until 2017!

So that's why the Kalos trio was not in SV. And there are already people defending Khu lol

I'm conflicted. On one hand, another Legends game? Absolute win. Kalos? Not a fan. XY drove me away from the franchise for years so I don't exactly remember them fondly. I would have liked Johto or Unova a lot more.

I'm sure most prople will love it because of the return of Megas tho. I honestly wasn't expecting it to happen this gen at all, I thought they would save it for next. At least predicting them will be fun.

But it’s another thing entirely for Game Freak to want to rush out yet another game for what I’m expecting is early-mid 2025 while also breaking the precedent set for returning region order for the entire franchise’s history.
this game was gonna be released soon anyway, it was being made after arceus and there comes a point in development where delaying doesnt actually change much for the development and quality of it. if anything 2025 is nicer than i expected, 2024 seemed more likely

if you really want to see if the "ooo well put more time and quality" statement was true or not youll need to see how long and how gen 10 looks like.

also i mean, i just assume they stopped viewing remakes as worth pursuing LOL

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
WHat did you want from this?
NGL I was expecting Gen 5.
I wanted something that ideally at least one group of fans win what they wanted. Johto fans lost. Unova fans lost. Spin-off fans lost, but that’s much more expected anyway, and people who either didn’t want a new game or wanted those NSO ports lost. Mark my words, the only reason this game exists is so the rest of the missing Pokémon can finally be on the Switch, because they’re all also in the XY PokéDex roster.

The small website so far says "A new adventure awaits within Lumiose City, where an urban redevelopment plan is underway to shape the city into a place that belongs to both people and Pokémon. Please look forward to seeing it for yourself.", so I guess the twitter could be extrapolating from that and adding "entirely".

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/updates-from-the-pokemon-day-2024-pokemon-presents
"Lumiose City is the setting of the upcoming Pokémon Legends: Z-A, where an urban redevelopment plan brings with it a vision of people and Pokémon living together in harmony. Look for this new entry to the Pokémon video game series to arrive in 2025."
Maybe they just mean the main focal Point of the game. If absoltuely nothing else we know that they set up 3 power plants in the giant desert right next to the city, it'd be so strange to do nothing with those (much less Terminus Cave, which I brought up before)

well we'll see in...........................uh......Hm. I dunno like 10 months I guess?

NintendoAmerica on Twitter: Watch to see the reveal trailer for #PokemonLegendsZA, a new adventure set entirely within Lumiose City, coming to #NintendoSwitch in 2025.

I guess it is a pretty big city.
I wonder how little "within" is in this case. Did Legends Arceus really have too many Major cities or hubs outside of Jubilife Village? Obviously you went to a lot of locales and there were landmarks like the Temple of Sinnoh, but as far as where your Adventure centered it was mostly that location. Lumiose is similarly Kalos's largest city as Jubilife was to Sinnoh, and literally the center of the region so regardless of how literal, it is the most logical place for this.

As bland as I found XY the games to be, Kalos itself wasn't necessarily my big issue with the game. It was a solid enough setting, certainly had enough setpieces to work with for a big game. If anything my contention was Kalos had a lot of cool locations that XY itself did jack all to utilize, which makes it ideal for what I want a Legends game to add.

I could see LZA being nearly entirely in the city to address the issues with 3d games that it's hard to flesh out the towns/cities and they end up feeling bare. I would expect at least a decent number of buildings to be explorable and not just menus, but not sure how expansive they can make it.

I could also see them adding a bunch of parks to the city to add some "wild"-esque regions if we really don't venture outside the city.

is this why they quietly killed off ash-greninja.........omg

(also realtalk this is a genius marketing move. we're starting to hit the part of the pokemon nostalgia cycle where everyone decides that xy are criminally underrated hidden gems. bravo nintendo)
This is definetly true, I have already been seeing it. The people who played it as kids are getting now old enough to remember it with nostalgia and try to argue how great they were. It feels weird they didn't try to do the same with Unova tho, which has gone from been hated to an untouchable gem on the fandom's eyes.

Kalos fans exist, you know.
Yeah, this is...such a weird hill to die on. Let's not pretend there aren't people who will be over the moon with this announcement. The "Pokemon Z is next!!!" theories have never died out.

hmm. I can’t imagine it’s going to be entirely within Lumiose unless it’s HUGE or they really stretch the limits of what’s considering “within”. Like, will there be mountains, lakes? I’d assumed from the get go it would be the hub area like Jubilife was but I’d be REALLY surprised if we didn’t leave for other areas at all.

I wanted something that ideally at least one group of fans win what they wanted. Johto fans lost. Unova fans lost. Spin-off fans lost, but that’s much more expected anyway, and people who either didn’t want a new game or wanted those NSO ports lost. Mark my words, the only reason this game exists is so the rest of the missing Pokémon can finally be on the Switch, because they’re all also in the XY PokéDex roster.
This seems weirdly negative lol. Like there are a bunch of Kalos fans already posting in this thread so to say that no one got what they wanted is bizarre. Also, they don’t make games just to make pokemon available on the switch, especially since there’s only a handful now. Had they done a Unova game it would’ve just been Furfrou missing.

I’m not yet counting out the possibility (however unlikely) of it being set in the future.
I don't think this is unlikely at all. After all, we saw a 3D version of the city, which is pretty incongrous with the sketch plans we see in the rest of the video that makes up the rest of the video. Having two different cities in the past and future also justifies being locked to just that city.

Unova fan here: I didn't want them touching that region again in 2020's after the ILCA fiasco with BDSP. From a Unova perspective this is an entirely neutral place to be for me, if a Legends: Kyurem is a "win" and a "Blazing Black and Sparking White" was a loss. People were getting Unova/Pokemon trending for negative reasons at the slightest hint of bad remakes they anticipated to follow last gen's, not seeing that is almost more relieving than actually getting a game anyway, especially since Unova already had a significant amount of tribute in the SV DLC (which was my basis for assuming there wouldn't be one).

If you're not interested in this game I have no right or place to say you're wrong, so by that same topic don't tell other fans how to feel about the announcement.

It'd be very funny if they made a joking reference to the horrible bug in Lumiose that used to wipe people's save data in early XY
Rotom encounter event where the datalogs get wiped off someone's primitive recording devices or your Isekai phone.

Wow, this was a surprise to say the least. I expected a game set in Johto, Unova or Paldea, but instead, it is another Kalos game? Totally didn't see that coming. Talk about a last surprise. It totally crept up out of nowhere. Either way, I'm interested. As I'm one of the few Pokémon fans who loved X/Y and consider them to be the second or third best games in the series, I'm all for another game set in Kalos. The return of Mega Evolution is also really nice as it is my favorite super mechanic. That said, I wasn't overly fond of Legends: Arceus (I thought the game was good, but not great), so I really hope Z-A won't have any of the issues from Arceus. I especially hope they'll keep the traditional battle system, as I won't enjoy the game much otherwise. Or if they are going to change it, please change it for the better, not worse. Here's to hoping.

As for the game itself, there are a lot of things I want to know about. Right now, we know almost nothing. There's no gameplay footage, all we have is the game name, the setting, some Pokémon that will appear, and the release year. Speaking of which, I have mixed opinions about it being released in 2025. I hope that a later release means the game will have higher quality, but with that, I wish it had been revealed at a later point. This is almost like GTA VI. Though, this gives them a lot of time to build up the hype, so I guess that's something.

For now, I'm optimistic about the game, and I will most certainly get it. Looking forward to getting more information about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)