Pokemon Generations: Anime shorts series featuring game highlights from all generations

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
No other episode has showcased the immense power of a legendary quite like The Cavern...any other one...nothing compares to the terror, the fear and the pain Kyogre inflicts. The Cavern is the only episode I feel that truly captures what a powerful legend should look like, Pikachu315111
Okay, what does that have to do with anything I said?

Because what did The Cavern add? My list is based on my expectations for Generations, and while The Cavern was an entertaining "what if" story it doesn't add anything to the lore (as it's a "what if") and I kind of figured if no one stopped Team Aqua that Kyogre would drown the world. Yes, it was neat to see how that happened but then again we've see a lot of awesome scenes so why does that one come off on top?

7. The Cavern: As I said, an interesting "what if" but adds nothing. Seeing the world ending via Primal Kyogre's power was outstanding and terrifying, but it was something I would have guessed happened if the player didn't stop them.
Hmm....I wonder how it could relate...I was responding to this. More specifically...

it was neat to see how that happened but then again we've see a lot of awesome scenes so why does that one come off on top?
Yes, my point was that this scene is superior to the rest...

In general, I think we have slightly different expectations. I think you're more interesting a "lore" perspective than I am (although I'm still interested in it).

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Hmm....I wonder how it could relate...I was responding to this. More specifically...

Yes, my point was that this scene is superior to the rest...

In general, I think we have slightly different expectations. I think you're more interesting a "lore" perspective than I am (although I'm still interested in it).
Ah, you were responding to the previous post. I'll give you that, The Cavern did show the power of a Legendary who let its power loose and it was quite the spectacle. But that's all it was, a spectacle.

As you said, I'm looking for a bit more than just visuals. Yes, visuals are important and I liked what they did in The Cavern. But as I also said, I kind of figured and imagined that would happen so it doesn't really impress me beyond that.

The next episode is definitely going to feature Heatran. I re-watched the trailer and the only piece of new footage there was what appeared to be Heatran fighting a Claydol. I thought this was worth mentioning. The next episode is the last DPP one, after all. Why would Heatran appear in the trailer, but not in the last DPP episode we have left?

EDIT: I think this is interesting, because it will likely focus on the side character involved with Heatran in Platinum. I don't remember their name.

EDIT 2: Buck. Thanks Pikachu31511

Last edited:
Think the DP saga dropped the ball not going with when Team Galactic doing something at one of the lakes, then the episode we got. Makes me curious to see which part of DP we get next now.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Think the DP saga dropped the ball not going with when Team Galactic doing something at one of the lakes, then the episode we got. Makes me curious to see which part of DP we get next now.
The next episode is definitely going to feature Heatran. I re-watched the trailer and the only piece of new footage there was what appeared to be Heatran fighting a Claydol. I thought this was worth mentioning. The next episode is the last DPP one, after all. Why would Heatran appear in the trailer, but not in the last DPP episode we have left?

EDIT: I think this is interesting, because it will likely focus on the side character involved with Heatran in Platinum. I don't remember their name.
Buck, little brother of Sinnoh Elite Four's Flint. He's also in Diamond & Pearl and his main Pokemon is a Claydol.

As predicted :]

I felt this was underwhelming. Buck saying "dude" every other second became irritating fast and the whole thing with Heatran was just...what (seriously all it took to get rid of it was putting a stone on some other stones, I can't let this slide) and I can't find a point to this. Looker was cool though. This is probably lower down on my list of episodes, it just needs more imo.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
(Watch Here)
0:53: Yes, because Buck alone fought against Team Galactic in Stark Mountain, right? Then again they never were able to summon Heatran in the game so I guess alternate timeline?
1:08: Silly Buck, Claydol's Ability is Levitate. :P
1:29: O_o... Don't mess with Looker's Croagunk!
1:34: Oh, wow, that was awesome and kind of vicious.
1:59: Really? You think Heatran is that powerful, especially when Looker's Croagun just knocked it back?
2:02: Not as vicious as Croagunk jabbing the grunts, but still awesome.
2:47: Well clearly Buck never missed leg day.
3:00: Wait, what? Heatran was made out of pixie dust? Oh, and dead.
3:25: So... does Looker arrest Charon and the Team Galactic grunts?
4:05: That was a sudden end.

An okay episode though, once again, nothing really new. If anything these episodes are kind of telling us that, no, the player wasn't actually needed (at least in Sinnoh). But I liked the action scenes with Buck jumping rock to rock and Looker & Croagunk being awesome taking out Team Galactic. But what was with Heatran evaporating after Buck put the Magma Stone back? Is Heatran dead? Was that even a real Heatran? Well I guess it doesn't matter now.
1. The Chase
2. The Challenger
3. The Lake of Rage
4. The Scoop
5. The Old Chateau
6. The Legacy
7. The Cavern
8. The New World
9. The Magma Stone
10. The Reawakening
11. The Adventure
12. The Vision

Those feels when you remember Looker's Croagunk is dead by the time of XY.....I wonder if it'll be addressed if he shows up when the XY episodes roll around.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Those feels when you remember Looker's Croagunk is dead by the time of XY.....I wonder if it'll be addressed if he shows up when the XY episodes roll around.
Who knows, though I would rather see an Emma based episode, like maybe one showing her defending Lumiose City as Essentia.

Unlike the major box legendaries, I didn't picture heatran being that large. Not that I have a problem with it, it's just that it was a surprise to me. I pictured him being more in the 4-5' tall, 8' long region. One of my favorite things about most anime adaptations is that they ignore all the stupid ass pokedex info. Also, what happened with heatran at the end? He just kinda disappeared, which leads me to believe that he dosen't actually live in stark mountain (maybe deep underneath), he just gets summoned there if the magma stone is moved from its proper place. All in all, not the best episode, but also not the worst. Is it confirmed that they're only doing two episodes per gen, cause I really like this series and it would be really disappointing if it were to end so abruptly. Although I guess it makes sense, they're only doing this series at all because it's the 20th anniversary.

WaffleTitan It's three episodes per generation, since The Adventure counts as Kanto's little prologue.

The Magma Stone left on quite a cliffhanger, though. I have to wonder what happened to the Japanese version of this series, though. Is it unreleased, or was this miniseries meant for English-speaking audiences?

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I have mixed feelings about this episode. Looker and Croagunk were awesome while Buck was lame and annoying. Heatran meanwhile lacked the "oomph" and awe-inspiring traits that the previous Legendaries had, so it was pretty forgettable. Overall pretty meh and underwhelming.

4.7k I guess wooooohoooooo.

I have mixed feelings about this episode. Looker and Croagunk were awesome while Buck was lame and annoying. Heatran meanwhile lacked the "oomph" and awe-inspiring traits that the previous Legendaries had, so it was pretty forgettable. Overall pretty meh and underwhelming.

4.7k I guess wooooohoooooo.
While I agree with what your saying, I think it's reasonable that heatran should have a little less "oomph" than some of the other legends like Kyogre, Groudon, Giritina, etc. I personally don't view him anywhere near their power level. That being said, he should still be able to obliterate a croagunk and claydol, but it's not like he lost or anything, so I think his depicted power level is fine (maybe ~a little~ on the unspectacular side, but close enough).

WaffleTitan It's three episodes per generation, since The Adventure counts as Kanto's little prologue.

The Magma Stone left on quite a cliffhanger, though. I have to wonder what happened to the Japanese version of this series, though. Is it unreleased, or was this miniseries meant for English-speaking audiences?
Well, it has Spanish/French/German/Italian dubs...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)