SPOILERS! Pokemon Legends: Arceus *Leak Thread*

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I don't know if anyone noticed this, but tons of moves got nerfed (and some got buffed) .

Grass
Leaf storm-110 BP
Leaf Blade- 85 BP
wood hammer- 100 BP

Water
Liquidation- 80 bp
Hydropump- 100BP

Water buffs
Flip turn- 70 BP

Fire (oof)
Flare blitz- 100 bp
flamethrower- 80 bp
Overheat- 110 BP
Fire Blast 100 BP
Magma Storm- 90 BP

Normal
Double Edge- 90 BP
Hidden Power- 50 BP

Flying
Brave Bird- 100 BP
100- BP 75 ACC

Fighting
Close Combat- 100 BP

Poison
Sludge bomb- 80 BP

Rock
Head Smash- 120 BP

Ground
Earth power- 80 BP
High horsepower 85 BP

Ground Buffs
Scorching sands- 80 BP

Bug (God Damn RIP)
Bug buzz- 80 BP
Leech life- 75 BP
Megahorn- 100 BP

Bug Buffs
Pin Missile- 40 BP

Psychic
Psychic- 80 BP
extrasensory- 70 BP

Psychic Buffs
Expanding force- 85 BP

Ghost (Wow, Funny)
None

Ghost Buffs
Poltergeist- 120 BP 100 ACC

Dark
None

Steel
Steel Beam- 120 BP 95 ACC

Ice

Icicle Crash- 80 BP
Blizzard- 100 BP
Ice beam- 80 bp
Triple Axel- 10 BP
Glacial Lance- 120 BP

Fairy
Moonblast- 85BP
Dazzling Gleam- 75 BP
Play Rough- 85 BP

Electric (Lmao)
Wild Charge- 85 BP
Thunderbolt- 80 BP
Thunder- 100 BP

Dragon
Dragon Pulse- 80 BP
Draco Meteor- 110 BP
Dragon Tail- 50 BP
Outrage- 90 BP 85 ACC

In conclusion-
I like the direction this is going in. It seems like all of these nerfs are in an effort to make the tiers not be as filled with legendary pokemon because normal pokemon will have a harder time killing them (causing bans and such). If this doesn't happen, oh well, none of our Pokemon have the same kill power they used too. I'm also interested to see how many off these moves get reworked (like stealth rocks).

If these changes are PLA specific and don't make a return, that's cool too, but I would kind of miss it considering ices new buffed weather would be much easier to deal with if pokemon can take more hits.
How does seeing this lead to the conclusion that GF is trying to make Legendaries worse? Its not like the legemds in the game are the only Pokemon to learn the affected moves. Its a gamewide nerf, so it basically averages out back to standard.

How does seeing this lead to the conclusion that GF is trying to make Legendaries worse? Its not like the legemds in the game are the only Pokemon to learn the affected moves. Its a gamewide nerf, so it basically averages out back to standard.
I think they meant the opposite. Legendaries are gonna be too good to stay in their current tiers.

Idk if it's been posted yet, and I'll delete if so/if this is an inappropriate place, but it appears the event Piplup being distributed to Legends in February will have Roost.
So assuming Home and BDSP compatability what important moves does it lose? Defog, Stealth Rock, Roar, and Scald are TMs. I think it loses Toxic and Knock Off?

Base stats seem kinda permanent tho
Base stats likely will remain, same for abilities, but expecting any of these move changes to transfer to mainline seems pretty pointless.

Even when it came to Let's Go (which also changed around some moves), the only one that stuck was Teleport, all the other changes which were due to the game's mechanics or lack of movesets stayed there.

Anyone know how the new EV system works. Like what are the caps? Is it max 2 stats +1 point like the current system?

Overcoat is nice but if you play Singles instead of Doubles, look at the other Ability, Sap Sipper. Steel types are immune to Sandstorm and Sap Sipper makes it immune to Grass, which means every non-gimmick powder move except Poison Powder, which it's already immune to, and Rage Powder. If you play Doubles, I'll admit Overcoat is better then Sap Sipper, but for Singles, I'm pretty sure you're usually better off with the full Grass immunity (even though it's already almost immune) to a Hail immunity. I'm not saying you're wrong to get excited about H-Goodra's Ability. I'm just saying you're excited about the wrong one. (Unless you play Doubles)

Qwilfish is still a fish. Why can't a fish swim fast? :P
With how relevant hail is these days thanks to ninetails and arctozolt I think there's still pretty good reason to hang on to overcoat, however I agree with your point for sure. :)

But is Ursaluna's signature move Lunar Blessing? Or is it from Cresselia?
I'm pretty sure these changes are game-specific, like LGPE ones, since LA has unique battle mechanics

UPD:

I do hope these ones stick though, since freeze and sleep are the most uncompetitive statuses right now
Hopefully! Even snow or at least the same effects on hail.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)