SPOILERS! Pokemon Legends: Arceus *Leak Thread*

Allow me a frank remark: You guys need to stop expecting every pokemon to be good competitively.
That includes starters or legendaryes.
You're not wrong. Just personally, Typhlosion is my favorite mon/starter. After years of getting shafted by Gamefreak, I was hoping its new form would be the redemption it finally needed. And I'm thus far pretty disappointed how it turned out. Maybe I'll warm to it though

So yeah, here's to Ursaluna, the Pokémon some of us have been waiting for for four generations.
Hard agree, although I love Ground-types so I'm always just thrilled when a new one arrives. Especially since Gen 8 has been a bit disappointing in that regard.
As an interesting comparison, contrast the bear trap Pokémon G-Stunfisk composed of a completely garbled vision with an ability, typing, and moveset that all work against each other against Ursaluna, the bear Pokémon where all its component parts align to create a powerhouse of beautiful synergy.
I guess Gamefreak must just really love bears.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Okay onto another topic, but some of the soundtrack has been leaking out on the Internet. As for the whole sountrack, I'm loving what I'm hearing so far, but this theme...THIS THEME...stands out. I assume this is for "Origin" Dialga and Palkia, say what you will about how awkward and hideous their designs are (which they are...someone help them pls), but goddamn this theme is SO. FREAKING. GOOD. It is truly befitting of two Pokemon who are practically deities in the Pokemon world.

Goddamn they went hard on this one.

Hard agree, although I love Ground-types so I'm always just thrilled when a new one arrives. Especially since Gen 8 has been a bit disappointing in that regard.
As an interesting comparison, contrast the bear trap Pokémon G-Stunfisk composed of a completely garbled vision with an ability, typing, and moveset that all work against each other against Ursaluna, the bear Pokémon where all its component parts align to create a powerhouse of beautiful synergy.
You could say they got all the....bear necessities to make an excellent new Pokemon. :psysly:

You're not wrong. Just personally, Typhlosion is my favorite mon/starter. After years of getting shafted by Gamefreak, I was hoping its new form would be the redemption it finally needed. And I'm thus far pretty disappointed how it turned out. Maybe I'll warm to it though
Eh, I don't think so. I'm a big fan of Typh myself (I even made a team specifically around him back when I played battle facilities), and in fact am looking forward to use this new one when it hits main series.
I really hope it gets to keep Eruption, actually having a secondary stab on top of immunity to Fake Out is amazing. And I was playing him scarfed anyway so that slightly lower speed isnt going to hurt him, and is more than made up by the extra Spatk

Hi everyone! I dunno if anyone was interested in this topic, but I was discussing it with my friends and
m...mostly needed somewhere to put it so I could just conveniently link a post instead of screenshotting all of this from my sandbox P:
but I was speculating a whole bunch on what the new moves might look like when they make their way to the main series, so I have their raw information (category/stats/flags) from the datamine and their established descriptions, and I will be elaborating on them all with the stat changes and effect chances they are stated to have in the data (some of which I suspect are meant to be used for a main series context, because stat changes work a bit differently in Legends - will get to that later in the post) amd some speculative comments on what they'll look like when these Pokémon make it to the main series.
I hope this is interesting! Some parts of it are more speculative than others, but I'm pretty confident in most of these predictions and they're all based very solidly on comparisons to things we definitely know and the data of other moves (some that changed and some that didn't), so it should be helpful as a point of reference if nothing else!

I'm posting this without reading literally any of the surrounding posts because I don't want story spoilers myself </3 I'm sorry if this is coming at a weird time or anything but I truly do not want to read the context I just drafted this in my sandbox
I may not write back if you respond to me I'm sorry
Dire Claw (probably a Poison-type move for Sneasler)
Physical / 60 BP / 100% accurate / 15 PP​

The user lashes out at the target with ruinous claws, aiming to land a critical hit. This may also leave the target poisoned, paralyzed, or drowsy.
(targets one opponent; makes contact; user must recharge; affected by Protect)

Main series context:
- +1 critical hit rate
- notice that this and Psyshield Bash inexplicably have a recharge turn in their flags (the same as Hyper Beam clones like Giga Impact); this does not appear to interact with Legends mechanics and they have entirely different mechanisms for turn order, but it might just be an accident
- appears to have roughly 30% chance to activate (possibly the exact same status rates as Effect Spore? 11% sleep, 10% para, 9% poison?), but its exact effect chance is only shared with Poison Sting, and I'm not confident enough that these numbers actually progress linearly to make a solid guess P:
- internal data doesn't give many clues on whether its BP will be the same in the main series, but we have no particular reason to believe it will change! other 60 BP moves seem normal here as far as I can tell

- Suspiciously, this is grouped with moves that do not have secondary effects in the main series - it may lose its effect when it leaves Legends (but I really hope not!! it sounds so fun on Sneasler), or it may be that it doesn't need an effect ID because its stat-changing effect is stored separately? that said, note that some of the mined data was absolutely botched and they seem to have left the wrong amount of space for some columns (like types), so this and the other few moves that present themselves as having no secondary effects may actually just be anything with an effect ID greater than 255

- minor relevant context: Poison Sting's description in Legends doesn't say this and I assume it is actually the same as in canon, but part of its internal definition suggests that it may be meant to share its effect with Dire Claw going forward - this is based on the parts of the code I've been considering to correspond to the main series (same as other secondary effects and the stat modifiers), while the part of the code that is clearly Legends-specific has it grouped with other poison moves instead and that matches its description
I'm not totally confident in this, but it's pretty cool if so! It sounds like a super wacky early-game move and I would enjoy having it around

Psyshield Bash (probably a Psychic-type move for Wyrdeer)
Physical / 70 BP / 90% accurate / 10 PP​

Cloaking itself in psychic energy, the user slams into the target. This may also raise the user’s defensive stats.
(targets one opponent; makes contact; user must recharge; affected by Protect)

Main series context:
- notice that this and Dire Claw inexplicably have a recharge turn in their flags (the same as Hyper Beam clones like Giga Impact); this does not appear to interact with Legends mechanics and they have entirely different mechanisms for turn order, but it might just be an accident
- 100% chance to raise Defense by 1 stage (this behaves differently in Legends, which is why it says "may raise" and "defensive stats," but it is a 100% chance and it is only physical Defense as far as we're concerned)
- Suspiciously, this is grouped with moves that do not have secondary effects in the main series, but reiterating that we don't know if that's true in the data itself or if it's a mistake on the part of whoever exported it

Power Shift (confirmed Normal-type but I don't know what has it)
Status / -- BP / -- accuracy / 10 PP​

The user swaps its offensive and defensive stats.
(targets the user; appears to have absolutely no flags set)

We don't know anything about this in a main series context - it might well be exactly the same as Power Trick, which is the same type and doesn't exist in Legends, or it might be a special version of Power Trick, or it might work on both offensive and defensive stats

Stone Axe (a Rock-type move known by Kleavor; probably signature)
Physical / 65 BP / 90% accurate / 15 PP​

The user swings its stone axes at the target, aiming to land a critical hit. Stone splinters left behind by this attack continue to damage the target for several turns.
(targets one opponent; makes contact; affected by Protect)

Main series context:
- +1 critical hit rate
- in a Legends context, this has a 100% chance to set Stealth Rock, but Stealth Rock itself is very different here (it seems like it might be the same kind of thing as G-Max Volcalith and not at all type-based?); we don't know if it's more likely to mirror that directly or if it will be regular "offensive Stealth Rock"
- we don't know if this will translate exactly to the main series, but we do have good reason to believe it will be exactly the same as Ceaseless Edge but not the same as any existing canon move, and it is not expected to lose its effect entirely

Springtide Storm (probably a Fairy-type move for Enamorus)
Special / 95 BP / 80% accurate / 5 PP​

The user attacks by wrapping the target in fierce winds brimming with love and hate. This move’s additional effects depend on the user’s form.
(targets one opponent; appears to have absolutely no flags set)

Main series context:
- currently has a 30% chance to raise Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed by 1 stage
- based on the other Storm moves, it might have a slightly higher BP than we expect (I have reasonable confidence that Tornadus and Thundurus's moves is that they could be anywhere from 95 to 105 BP and anywhere from 80 to 75 accuracy instead of strictly being 95/80 like here - my personal guess is 100 BP/80 acc - and this and Landorus's move currently match those two, so we might see them buffed in the same way)
- based on the other omniboost moves (Ancient Power, Silver Wind and Ominous Wind were all buffed to 20% in Legends), this 30% chance may be lowered in the main series - omniboosting is much weaker than we're used to in the context of Legends, so we can expect this move to feel pretty different in practice from how it's been made out
(To explain: there are only two stats to modify in Legends: one scale of stat stages for "offensive" modifiers and one for "defensive" modifiers, so every move that raises Attack also raises Special Attack and vice versa; stat stages themselves are most likely much less than a 50% boost; and moves that modify Speed do nothing special at all here, because there are no Speed stat modifiers at all, while raising action speed is reserved for moves with priority in the main series - we definitely know this move is going to be considered an omniboost in main series terms, but it's very likely that the effect chance and maybe its power)
- Suspiciously, this is grouped with moves that do not have secondary effects in the main series, but reiterating that we don't know if that's true in the data itself or if it's a mistake on the part of whoever exported it

- we still don't know what the form differences do! Sticky Fingaaa brought up that one of the forms might be an omniboost to the user and the might have a chance to inflict an omnidebuff instead, which I quite like as a guess .w.

Mystical Power (we don't know its type or what has it, but it's notably not Normal-type, which would have been my first guess from its description - maybe Psychic...?)
Special / 70 BP / 90% accurate / 10 PP​

The user strengthens itself with a mysterious power. If it excels in offense, its offensive stats are raised. If it excels in defense, its defensive stats are raised.
(targets one opponent; appears to have absolutely no flags set)

Main series context:
- internally, it has a 100% chance to raise Attack by 1 stage (but be aware that this may be a default/only before its other effect)
- like I mentioned earlier, "offensive stats" and "defensive stats" are the only two stat stages that moves can modify in Legends, while the five distinct stats we know are not treated as such for modifiers - we don't really know from the wording, but while this could translate more simply as "raises either Attack or Defense, whichever is higher," I would not be surprised if its effect in the main series is to raise the user's most proficient stat (Beast Boost)

Raging Fury (we don't know its type or what has it, but it sounds Fire-type and might be meant for Arcanine?)
Physical / 90 BP / 85% accurate / 10 PP​

The user rampages and spews vicious flames to inflict damage on the target, then becomes fixated on using this move.
(targets one opponent; affected by Protect)

Main series context:
- Don't be fooled by its BP, accuracy or PP - this is part of a set of moves that were all modified for Legends, because "becomes fixated on using this move" is a Legends-specific mechanic that stands in for a couple of others but behaves very differently
(To explain: it's sort of the closest thing to a Choice lock - and can even be induced by an item with "Choice" in its name - but it doesn't necessarily seem to lock the user in here? Its benefit is that the user picks one move to become much stronger than usual, but in return, the user takes more damage from attacks; I'm not sure if you actually have to keep picking that one move or if it's just that only the one move gets any benefit from it)
But, uh, there are some other 90 BP/85 acc/10 PP moves with exactly this same effect: Outrage and Petal Dance, so we can bet that this will be a straight clone of Outrage (but perhaps the first non-contact Outrage clone?) when it makes its way to the main series!

Wave Crash (probably a Water-type move for Basculegion)
Physical / 75 BP / 100% accurate / 10 PP​

The user shrouds itself in water and slams into the target with its whole body to inflict damage. This also damages the user and raises the user’s action speed.
(targets one opponent; affected by Protect; defrosts the user)

Main series context:
- this move's recoil is 33%

The following is very speculative, so please take it with a grain of salt, but: there's this one column I've been interpreting as an effect ID of sorts; all of the moves that share IDs in Legends also share their effects, and most moves are meaningfully grouped in intuitive ways, but there are some exceptions where moves that don't exist in Legends anyway have "effect IDs" that don't make sense or don't track with the moves that "share" them (including really weird and nonsensical ones - like, apparently Mystical Power and Toxic Spikes are the same P:)
This is the column that I mentioned only ranges from 0 to 255 in the datamine but might be being misrepresented by whoever exported it/might actually be meant to have more of a range than that, which has messed with my interpretation of some other moves - again, please take it with a grain of salt, but I've been using it as the basis of a lot of speculation and most of it is very readable and intuitive, so:
Wave Crash shares its "effect ID" with Sucker Punch, and it's unique to them and no other move.
This wouldn't necessarily mean anything, especially since Wave Crash's priority in the internal data is listed as 0 - but "raises the user's action speed" is an effect that is otherwise entirely exclusive to moves that have increased priority in the main series, and that gives me hope that this might not be a coincidence.
So... yeah, that's my wacky prediction for the day! There is a very real possibility that Wave Crash is a Sucker Punch variant that happens to have a slightly higher BP and recoil - probably no one quite guessed that before me? P: It feels like a longshot but I can't wait to see if I actually called this correctly

Chloroblast (probably a Grass-type move for Hisuian Electrode)
Special / 120 BP / 95% accurate / 5 PP​

The user launches its amassed chlorophyll to inflict damage on the target. This also damages the user and lowers the user’s action speed.

Main series context:
- The recoil here is Mind Blown-style recoil for 1/2 of the user's maximum HP
- Despite what its BP and "lowering the user's action speed" might make you think, Chloroblast here is an exact copy of Steel Beam, which received the same changes when being copied over to a Legends context; this is clearly going to make its way to the main series as a Steel Beam clone

Mountain Gale (probably an Ice-type move for Hisuian Avalugg)
Physical / 100 BP / 85% accurate / 5 PP​

The user hurls giant chunks of ice at the target to inflict damage.

Main series context:
- The flinch rate is 30%!
- Most other flinching moves look like they're exactly the same as canon, but I would highlight that specifically Icicle Crash is just slightly weaker in Legends than the main series (80 BP instead of 85) while retaining its 90 accuracy and 10 PP. I wouldn't completely dismiss the possibility that Mountain Gale, which is one of the strongest moves in Legends as-is, just might get a slight BP buff when translated back to the main series to go with it?

Victory Dance (probably a Fighting-type move for Hisuian Lilligant)

The user performs a dance to usher in victory. This raises the user’s offensive and defensive stats and increases the damage dealt by the user’s moves by 50 percent.
(targets the user; affected by Snatch)

Main series context:
- This move sounds absolutely nuts, right? I know people are thinking that
but uhh, to reiterate that thing I said about what stat changes actually mean earlier, this is mostly a matter of a relatively common effect in the main series looking a whooole lot better by the mechanics system of Legends - internal data tells us that this move quite simply raises Attack and Defense by 1 stage and will probably be brought to the main series as a variation of Bulk Up (which is also 10 PP here, so this isn't "supposed" to be that much stronger than it).
- This is all still speculative, and there's definitely room for its added effect to be translated in a cool way! I've been assuming that being Primed (the status this move sets that boosts offenses) probably isn't meant to translate to the main series, since it's a pretty Legends-specific mechanic that I think is only really around because stat stages themselves work differently? but some people I know have guessed that it might be Bulk Up + Focus Energy or similar
As a point of reference, the only other move I know sets the Primed status is Double Hit, which is now a status move that does nothing else... but uh, probably we would be remiss to "translate" this back as literally as "main series Double Hit but it's Bulk Up!" P:

Headlong Rush (I do not know what type this is or what has it)
Physical / 100 BP / 100% accurate / 5 PP​

The user smashes into the target in a full-body tackle. This also lowers the user’s defensive stats.
(targets one opponent; affected by Protect; punching move)

Main series context:
- The only stat stage modifier listed in the data is that it lowers Defense by 1 stage despite its description, so it's possible that that's how it will be used in canon -- but this move is also a perfect clone of Legends's take on Close Combat, in the same way that Chloroblast is Steel Beam and Raging Fury is Outrage! It might be the straight Close Combat clone people expect when it makes its way to the main series.
- Flags might not necessarily be final (remember the inexplicable recharge flags from those two at the beginning, remember that Springtide Storm inexplicably ignores Protect, and... it's something of an open secret that Clangorous Soul is a dance move - Game Freak still uses that flag with or without Oricorio - so it sorta stands out to me that Victory Dance isn't one either), so take the idea that this is a punching move with a grain of salt; the description pretty definitely doesn't make it sound like one
- The guesses I've seen the most are a Ground move for Ursaluna or a Rock move for Hisuian Arcanine? but I might be missing something obvious, so lemme know if it's more likely something else!

Barb Barrage (probably a Poison move for Overqwil)
Physical / 60 BP / 100% accurate / 15 PP​

The user launches countless toxic barbs to inflict damage. This may also poison the target. This move’s power is doubled if the target has a status condition.

Main series context:
- The poison chance is 30%!
- Hex and Venoshock are both still 65 BP like we're used to, so the three Hex variants that are pointedly 60 instead will likely stay that way - I would not bank on this, Bitter Malice or Infernal Parade getting a BP change.
- Notably, Venoshock was modified to work like Hex in this game (works on all statuses); it's hard to be sure if Venoshock will stay that way forever going forward or if, in turn, this will be constrained to work only on Poison the next time we see it.

Esper Wing (probably a Psychic move for Hisuian Braviary)
Special / 75 BP / 90% accurate / 10 PP​

The user slashes the target with aura-enriched wings. This also raises the user’s action speed. This move has a heightened chance of landing a critical hit.

Main series context:
- +1 critical hit rate
- Like I mentioned of Wave Crash, "raises the user's action speed" is specifically for priority moves in Legends - only priority moves and these two new ones have it, so it might be a hint that this will have priority in the main series?
- However, unlike Wave Crash, this move does not share its effect ID with Sucker Punch; instead, it's matched to the unrelated Worry Seed, which simply doesn't exist in Legends... for obvious reasons. P: Whether this move will have priority in any form, for any reason, has yet to be seen; it might well be a distinction one or both of these moves loses in the main series. I would hesitate to count on it for either of them, but even more so for this one, which has no obvious connection to other priority moves.

Bitter Malice (probably a Ghost move for Hisuian Zoroark)
Special / 60 BP / 100% accurate / 15 PP​

The user attacks its target with spine-chilling resentment. This may also leave the target with frostbite. This move’s power is doubled if the target has a status condition.

Main series context:
- This is exactly like Barb Barrage and here has a 30% chance to inflict frostbite; however, I should qualify this by noting that other moves also have a 30% chance to inflict frostbite but only have a 10% chance to inflict freeze, so please no one lose your hands assuming this will still be 30% freeze in the main series! It obviously won't be P:

Shelter (probably a Steel move for Hisuian Goodra)

The user makes its skin as hard as an iron shield, raising its defensive stats. Incoming moves also become more likely to miss.

Main series context:
- In Legends's internal data, this raises Defense by 1 stage and has no effect on evasion (the evasion thing is the new Obscured volatile, not literally Double Team - do not expect this to be an evasion move in the main series!); however, it shares its effect ID three ways Iron Defense and Acid Armor, which are also only +1 Defense in Legends but are +2 in the main series. I would fully expect this to translate as an exact clone of Iron Defense with no further changes, as... silly as that sounds for a Pokémon that already necessarily has Acid Armor from its pre-evolution.
... okay so maybe it'll get something new but my point is that we have no specific basis for educated guesses :'D

Triple Arrows (probably a Fighting move for Hisuian Decidueye)
Physical / 50 BP / 100% accurate / 15 PP​

The user delivers an axe kick, then fires three arrows. This raises the chance of its future attacks landing critical hits and also lowers the target’s defensive stats.
(targets one opponent; affected by Snatch)

Main series context:
- important correction - when I was talking with my friends, I informed them that this was a reduction of -2 to Defense, like a physical Acid Spray; this was actually a mistake on my part and the effect is only -1 in Legends, which I want to make sure is known because what I said previously was spread around here; really sorry for the mistake ;-;
- anyway, uh! yeah, "lowers the target's defensive stats" here = -1 Defense only!
- um, the Snatch thing is. probably a typo. I would not count on this move being affected by Snatch, because it would be the only damaging move in the series with that distinction and also Snatch doesn't exist (same with all of the other flag mistakes: do note that absolutely none of those "errors" are relevant to Legends at all and there is very good reason for them not to have given attention to them)

Infernal Parade (probably a Fire or Ghost move for Hisuian Typhlosion - I've seen it reported as Ghost but I'm not sure if that's confirmed)
Special / 60 BP / 100% accurate / 15 PP​

The user attacks with myriad fireballs. This may also leave the target with a burn. This move’s power is doubled if the target has a status condition.

Main series context:
- once again a 30% chance of its effect like the other two Hex variants, and it will probably still be 60 BP in the main series!
- I'm... not going to lie, this might just be my favorite move here :'D It sounds really simple and elegant and super fun to abuse and I am here for it

Ceaseless Edge (probably a Dark-type move for Hisuian Samurott)
Physical / 65 BP / 90% accurate / 15 PP​

The user slashes its shell blade at the target, aiming to land a critical hit. Shell splinters left behind by this attack will continue to damage the target for several turns.

Main series context:
- +1 critical hit rate
- in a Legends context, this has a 100% chance to set Stealth Rock, but Stealth Rock itself is very different here (it seems like it might be the same kind of thing as G-Max Volcalith and not at all type-based?); we don't know if it's more likely to mirror that or if it will be regular offensive Stealth Rock
- we don't know if this will translate exactly to the main series, but we do have good reason to believe it will be exactly the same as Stone Axe but not the same as any existing canon move, and it is not expected to lose its effect

Bleakwind Storm (probably a Flying move for Tornadus)

The user attacks with savagely cold winds that cause both body and spirit to tremble. This may also leave the target with frostbite.
targets one opponent; affected by Protect; can reach non-adjacent targets

Main series context:
- this is a 30% chance of frostbite, but like I said with Bitter Malice, that's probably going to be a 10% chance to freeze in the main series
- okay, I mentioned when Springtide Storm came up that this and Wildbolt Storm made me think they were going to have a different BP in canon! so the thing with these moves is:
Bleakwind Storm shares its unique effect ID with Hurricane, and Wildbolt Storm shares its own with Thunder - that makes me think they're meant as legitimate sidegrades to those moves. It just happens that Hurricane and Thunder have 100 BP and 75 accuracy in Legends, instead of 110 BP and 70 accuracy like in canon - Bleakwind Storm and Wildbolt Storm are probably only quite as "weak" as they are because they're meant as sidegrades to moves that are also weaker in this game.
This is really, really minor as a change, but I would put my most solid bet on 100 BP/80 accuracy (-10 and +10 relative to main series Hurricane and Thunder) to emphasize them as the midground/safer options they're supposed to be and differentiate Wildbolt Storm better from Thunderbolt. One could also take the translation very literally, note that Bleakwind Storm is currently 5 BP less and 5% more accurate than Hurricane, and assume it will make its way to the main series as a 105 BP/75 acc move? but those feel like weird numbers for a move to me, and I am personally leaning 100/80 purely on intuition (sorry if I am wrong).
- other note: this sharing its unique effect ID with Hurricane (despite the two having a completely different secondary effect in Legends) might actually imply it will be more of a straight copy of Hurricane - perfect accuracy in rain + 30% chance of confusion instead of 10% freeze - when it makes its way to the main series? I would not dismiss the possibility!
So anyway, my personal guess is that it will be 100 BP/80 acc/5 PP + can't miss in rain + either 10% freeze chance or 30% confuse chance instead of being exactly what it looks like here.

Wildbolt Storm (probably an Electric move for Thundurus)

The user summons a thunderous tempest and savagely attacks with lightning and wind. This may also leave the target with paralysis.

Main series context:
- That's a 30% chance to paralyze in the data!
- All of the predictions I made above hold - this is clearly meant as a Thunder sidegrade and a midground between Thunder and Thunderbolt, so I would pretty confidently bet on 100 BP/80 acc/can't miss in rain as well as its established secondary effect (30% to paralyze).

Sandsear Storm (probably a Ground move for Landorus)

The user attacks by wrapping the target in fierce winds and searingly hot sand. This also leaves the target with a burn.

Main series context:
- "This also leaves the target with a burn." (inhales) this is an insanely misleading description jsdhfkjsg everyone I know panicked when they read this
- like the other Forces of Nature, this is still a 30% chance to burn as far as I can tell (if you want a 100% chance, I suspect you check out the Legends version of Magma Storm, which actually is exactly what it sounds like - I'm betting this is a copy/pasting error from basing its description on that!)
- um, but. you may still feel free to panic if you want because there was a reason they didn't give Landorus Scorching Sands last I checked :'D
- This is ooone last move I'm guessing will be 100 BP instead of 95 BP in the main series
- Suspiciously, this is grouped with moves that do not have secondary effects in the main series, which... in this case actually might be important? because burning is a completely normal effect, and the other moves that just burn are all a pretty consistent group of effect IDs - reiterating that we don't know if that's true in the data itself or if it's a mistake on the part of whoever exported it, but I do think it's worth drawing attention to it for this of all moves, because there's an effect ID it "should" have that we know was exported correctly in other cases, and the absence is conspicuous; it might be a completely different effect, or it might be planned to have no secondary effect at all in the main series and the burning thing is just for Legends (basically "they want a Landorus signature for Legends, and they want it to match the other Forces of Nature for Legends, but they don't actually want to give Landorus a broken move and they do know better, so it's a temporary thing for Legends only?")
It's hard to get a read on this one because it's anomalous in a lot of ways, but um. yeah no they didn't give Landorus 95 BP offensive Wisp and you do not need to worry about that possibility specifically

Lunar Blessing (we don't know what type this is or what has it)
-- BP / -- accuracy / 10 PP​

The user heals its own status conditions and restores its HP. Incoming moves also become more likely to miss.
(targets the user; affected by Snatch and Heal Block)

Main series context:
- reiterating that we don't know what has this and I might be completely off base, but my best guess from the name was Ursaluna, and I think that actually sounds pretty interesting because of the fact that it has Guts (which makes curing status actually kind of detrimental in the main series) but is also meant to have a valid option that isn't Guts (Bulletproof) and also doesn't have any better way to reflect Guts at all in Legends; in theory and from its description alone, this sounds like a pretty cool choice for it and an interesting way to give it diverse options when it makes its way to the main series!
- like I mentioned with Shelter, the evasion thing is not actually a Double Team-style stat increase but simply the Obscured status, and it seems very likely to me that it is not going to keep that evasion effect in the main series
- so the stupid thing is that yes, as previously reported, the data suggests this restores HP by 50%, and yes, it is basically Slack Off + Refresh
- ... which sounds EVEN MORE comically broken if we assume this move is for Ursaluna, because holy heck was that ungodly (but very cute actually! I love its design) thing not strong enough--
BUT

I mentioned I was looking at "effect IDs" earlier, and there is one thing I would like to highlight! Like I said earlier, moves that aren't actually in Legends are sometimes consistent and meaningful about their IDs but sometimes feel completely meaningless and random. This might be because of the improperly exported data (there are supposed to be way more than 255 effect IDs but they cut them off improperly), or it might be because the moves aren't here anyway and Game Freak understandably didn't care about making the unused ones hold meaning to amateur onlookers like me; this could be a complete misinterpretation of data that wasn't supposed to be read anyway, so please take it with a grain of salt!
However, the thing I found interesting is that Lunar Blessing's ID is shared with the unused Aqua Ring, so as comically absurd as its 50% recovery sounds, that might not be for the main series - just a guess, but I could certainly see this move being a much milder combination of the already-good Refresh with the not-so-good Aqua Ring, while being 50% recovery is just slightly comical overcompensation for the absence of Aqua Ring in a single-player environment [where Ursaluna is allowed to be as broken as it wants because it's either scary enemy material or a fun power trip for the player].
I saw 50% recovery + Refresh (+ Obscured status) and absolutely flipped, but the Aqua Ring comparison makes this move feel more interesting and balanced in my eyes and I would be interested to see if it turns out more like that in the main series - that's my best guess, at least!

Take Heart (we don't know what type this is or what has it)

The user lifts its spirits, healing its own status conditions and raising its offensive and defensive stats.

Main series context:
- Like Victory Dance, this isn't actually an omniboost outside of Legends mechanics - this one is actually a Calm Mind variant (it raises Special Attack and Special Defense by 1 stage)!
- If it keeps the status-curing effect in the main series as well, that actually sounds really freaking good on its own - Calm Mind + Refresh in one move is absolutely incredible compression and I do not doubt that whatever gets this will lean heavily on it to make its mark O:
- Interestingly, most of the people I know had the impression that this one isn't even a signature move, but rather a move that could potentially see wider distribution, since there are already more new moves here than new Pokémon anyway? That's kind of a crazy thought in itself if it stays Calm Mind + Refresh in the main series, though - really curious about what happens with this one all around!
Lunar Dance was removed from the game. Lunar Blessing is virtually guaranteed to be Cresselia's move. Everything from the move description to the naming convention to it appearing after the genie Storm moves indicates it's a legendary's move.

Just spitballing here w/r/t the competitive point so this might not be coherent:

There's nothing wrong with mons only being usable in-game, or or you switching to a lower tier to play in an environment where they are competitive. As someone who has played competitively since Shoddy Battle I notice that newer fans lack understanding of the extent to which the power creep they're used to has seriously skewed evaluation of what constitutes a "good mon." Consider this; present RU is the effective power creep equivalent of low Gen 4 OU and BW UU; that tier is chock full of mons regarded as powerhouses and ace mons. From the briefest of looks I see in RU shit like Celebi, Heracross, Luke, Metagross, Suicune, and Ditto, all of whom were once considered among the best mons in the game, and there are 7 mons in the tier with at least one base stat higher than 140 – even most legends back then never had a stat this good.

UU is even more gross. When things like Aegi, Rachi, Hydra, Excadrill, Keld, and Rotom-W aren't in the top tier of competitive usage (and only Aegi and Excadrill are A+ rank or higher in UU, lo-fucking-l) that tells you that the bar that mons have to reach is so high now that it's largely unreasonable to expect more than few mons to have any competitive viability at all. Ignoring the flatout abomination that is Dracovish, there are only 4 mons from base game Sword and Shield that have persisted in the OU of their own generation (Barraskewda which is a near perfect Rain cleaner; Corviknight, which is an upgraded Skarmory of all mons; Dragapult, all things considered one of the competitive mons ever introduced; and Rillaboom.)

Not everything is going to be Garchomp (or Enamorus, lol.) Shit, even among the 9 psuedos only 4 are OU. And that's fine.

Last edited:
Does anyone have pictures of all Wardens and which Noble they look after?
Also can we re-battle them at Ingo's Battle facility?
Can the Clan Leader be Battled?

Eh, I don't think so. I'm a big fan of Typh myself (I even made a team specifically around him back when I played battle facilities), and in fact am looking forward to use this new one when it hits main series.
I really hope it gets to keep Eruption, actually having a secondary stab on top of immunity to Fake Out is amazing. And I was playing him scarfed anyway so that slightly lower speed isnt going to hurt him, and is more than made up by the extra Spatk
Add to that the fact that three immunities is pretty nice on a Choice Pokemon as well.
Yeah most of the bear Pokemon have been decent if not amazing. Snorlax, Bewear, Pangoro even Beartic could shine after a buff or two.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

Okay onto another topic, but some of the soundtrack has been leaking out on the Internet. As for the whole sountrack, I'm loving what I'm hearing so far, but this theme...THIS THEME...stands out. I assume this is for "Origin" Dialga and Palkia, say what you will about how awkward and hideous their designs are (which they are...someone help them pls), but goddamn this theme is SO. FREAKING. GOOD. It is truly befitting of two Pokemon who are practically deities in the Pokemon world.

Goddamn they went hard on this one.
Oh believe me, the kino in this ost is at whole new levels. Normally I don't lavish praise on Pokemon games for their OSTs since they do that shit consistently good anyway but good lord

Mt. Coronet:

E T E R N A F O R E S T :

I notice a lot of these tracks do the FF7 Remake thing where they lather on the buildup, making you think they just did a new thing with loose motifs from the original before SLAMMING you with the "true" remix several minutes in. Good fuckin shit

Count me in as loving ursaluna. I love bears and never really liked any of the bear pokemon too much (or mechanically they were a bit of a let down). But wow those stats - conkeldurr is one of my favorite pokemon from a gameplay pov and ursaluna has better stats across the board, and guts. I really hope it's movepool is decent (and can be transferred to other games with multiplayer)

Ursaring was pretty much Normal-type Machamp. No really, 5 less defense and 10 less special defense for 10 more special attack:

1642786475781.png

At times, stuff that only evolves once is already good enough to count as fully evolved. Then again, I've been seeing people asking for evolutions for Snorlax and Lapras for over a decade.

Ursaluna is great, but, Ursaring was already great enough, even if not OU. It is Rhyperior all over again.

And, you know what worked really well with those high stat species? Mega Evolutions.

Ask Pinsir and Heracross. Or Scizor. Compare Mega Houndoom to Magmortar, or Mega Aerodactyl to Porygon-Z.

But they dropped a damn fine mechanic because of reasons. And now we are going back to the original Sinnoh feeling of evolving either stuff that would count as fully evolved anyway. Or just evolving one part of a version exclusive pair; Dusclops evolved without Banette, and now Ursaring evolves without Donphan.

Oh well, the game looks fun. And don't get me wrong, Ursaluna feels neat, but, it not being Mega Ursaring, and only it and Stantler out of all the Johto 'mons getting an evolution, rubs me wrong.

Count me in as loving ursaluna. I love bears and never really liked any of the bear pokemon too much (or mechanically they were a bit of a let down). But wow those stats - conkeldurr is one of my favorite pokemon from a gameplay pov and ursaluna has better stats across the board, and guts. I really hope it's movepool is decent (and can be transferred to other games with multiplayer)
At the very least if transferred into a Gen 9 game it should have a lot of the moves it should want since they are already on Ursaring. Facade, Earthquake, Crunch, Close Combat, Swords Dance.

Ursaring was pretty much Normal-type Machamp. No really, 5 less defense and 10 less special defense for 10 more special attack:

View attachment 400222

At times, stuff that only evolves once is already good enough to count as fully evolved. Then again, I've been seeing people asking for evolutions for Snorlax and Lapras for over a decade.

Ursaluna is great, but, Ursaring was already great enough, even if not OU. It is Rhyperior all over again.

And, you know what worked really well with those high stat species? Mega Evolutions.

Ask Pinsir and Heracross. Or Scizor. Compare Mega Houndoom to Magmortar, or Mega Aerodactyl to Porygon-Z.

But they dropped a damn fine mechanic because of reasons. And now we are going back to the original Sinnoh feeling of evolving either stuff that would count as fully evolved anyway. Or just evolving one part of a version exclusive pair; Dusclops evolved without Banette, and now Ursaring evolves without Donphan.

Oh well, the game looks fun. And don't get me wrong, Ursaluna feels neat, but, it not being Mega Ursaring, and only it and Stantler out of all the Johto 'mons getting an evolution, rubs me wrong.
So a few things here. First I don't think an untiered Pokemon like Ursaring is exactly comparable to Rhydon or Machamp. Also Sneasel and Qwilfish also got evolutions in PLA?

I guess G-Slowking became the biggest winner of them all since it gets to decide between Future Sight and the grossly powerful Eerie Spell. (80 bp to 110). :psynervous:
Also it's more likely to live whatever the opponent can lob at it.
Sorry, getting caught up, but wow, that's insane. I think a lot of people don't realize Eerie Spell is also a sound move, so it goes through subs. That's sick.

So a few things here. First I don't think an untiered Pokemon like Ursaring is exactly comparable to Rhydon or Machamp. Also Sneasel and Qwilfish also got evolutions in PLA?
It literally is 5 points away from Machamp in stat total, and the one major difference is typing. Being untiered means squat; if Zapdos gets something, so does Articuno.

Sneasel has been able to evolve since 2006, this is another Perrserker/Runegirus. And Qwilfish, like Basculin, is a victim of Sirfetch'd syndrome; they aren't getting an evolution, their newly made counterparts are (although, for Basculin, it feels less jarring, as there is no single "original" Basculin).

So I wonder how well Sneaseler will do. It retains a very good speed tier.
It literally is 5 points away from Machamp in stat total, and the one major difference is typing. Being untiered means squat.

Sneasel has been able to evolve since 2006, this is another Perrserker/Runegirus. And Qwilfish, like Basculin, is a victim of Sirfetch'd syndrome; they aren't getting an evolution, their newly made counterparts are (although, for Basculin, it feels less jarring, as there is no single "original" Basculin).
Typing can mean a Hell of a lot though. Especially if a Pokemon is based around a strategy that relies on lowering it's survivability. Stuff like Machamp and Conkeldurr have resistances that Ursaring doesn't have. As well as lacking priority to make up for their speed. Not to mention that there is no guarantee that Ursaluna could even do enough to help Ursaring competitively. Since say you give it eviolite, how are you going to make use of what is essentially the only worthwhile ability it has?

Reminder that a Mega Ursaring would be at 600 BST. Likely would be stuck with Bulletproof and unable to reap from Guts boosts, and would lose the massive HP boost it got, but, it would be scary anyway.

Ursaring also has Play Rough, which may be decent coverage next to STAB Ground; unresisted combo, and scares Fighting types away.
I don't think Bulletproof is a "stuck with" ability. It'll almost certainly run Guts in standard, but a Normal mon that physically bulky being immune to Aura Sphere and Focus Blast will be very good in other formats (namely Monotype Normal.) Taking the liberty of theorymonning it into current Monotype it'll be an incredibly good mon with support from Blissey and P2. On Ground the Guts variant one shots everything that doesnt resist its STABs and can go into Lando-T (Fighting) or Gastrodon (Water, Ice), and pass off to Excadrill when it's work is done. That's a damn good mon assuming Facade and EQ aren't just removed altogether.

Last edited:
I don't think Bulletproof is a "stuck with" ability. It'll almost certainly run Guts in standard, but a Normal mon that physically bulky being immune to Aura Sphere and Focus Blast will be very good in other formats (namely Monotype Normal.) Taking the liberty of theorymonning it into current Monotype it'll be an incredibly good mon with support from Blissey and P2. On Ground it one shots everything that doesnt resist its STABs and can go into Lando-T (Fighting) or Gastrodon (to sponge its weakness), and pass off to Excadrill when it's work is done. That's a damn good mon assuming Facade and EQ aren't just removed altogether.
Yeah Bulletproof definitely works better for any set that would focus on survivability

As for someone who's been generally disinterested on Gen 8 as a whole, the leaks are actually making me very interested on the game, in no small part due to how ambitious it is compared to past entries (the lack of blatant and major "gimmick of the week" mechanics also helps).

And, you know what worked really well with those high stat species? Mega Evolutions. (...) But they dropped a damn fine mechanic because of reasons.
I'm a bit mixed on Mega Evolutions to be honest, though mostly due to its execution. While it did help a ton of mons that really needed a new breath of life (Beedrill, Mawile, Lopunny, Charizard, etc.), some of the mons that got it either didn't really need it to be viable in the higher tiers (Scizor, Garchomp, to name a few), or were made waaaaaaaaaay too strong (like Lucario, Kangaskhan, Salamence).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)