Gen 6 Pokemon Matchmaking (Week 4,Primal Kyogre)

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 144 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Thunder

Lando-T has only a few niches in Ubers. The biggest one of them is that it can check Primal Groudon and can switch into it without worrying about a stone edge prediction and decrease its attack which help Lando survive a stone edge from a groudon better and kill it in return. This niche helps Xerneas quite a bit because Primal Groudon is the most commonly used check to Xerneas and definitely the biggest threat in the meta currently. It also can switch into mons like E-Killer and Mega Salamence which threaten xerneas if it hasn't geomancied already. Arceus can revenge kill xerneas even after it has geomancied if xerneas gets too low on health. Lando-T can help kill arc and mence by removing/ decreasing their attack boosts from SD and DD and do some damage to them so that they can be revenge killed by another mon clearing up the path for a xern sweep. Xerneas also checks some of the few ice beam users in Ubers and also one of the biggest threat to Lando , a Kyurem-White if it can switch into the Draco Meteor choice locking Kyurem-White.
Also it does have a niche against lead deoxys-a/s and darkrai as it can just uturn them bringing them down to their sash and kills them if no sash.

Last edited:

Peli

name elevated but i still act average
s/o's to both ShadowQuinn and Eeyore for both being the only two to make a submission but both coming up with good teammates to Landorus-T. A last ditch effort to revive the thread. The mon this week is calm mind Primal Kyogre.

Week 5
Calm Mind Primal-Kyogre

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Origin Pulse
- Blizzard / Ice Beam
- Thunder / HP Ground

Peli just a suggestion, why not put Primal Kyogre in the title? Almost every other matchmaking thread has the pokemon and the week number in the title, so people are more likely to come in? Without the pokemon name, it's a little harder to find the thread. I only found it because I was looking for it.

Regardless, my week submission.

This week was difficult, as Kyogre is a really underrated threat, but unfortunately, is just underused by its unfortunately superior Ground-Type counterpart. It is simply beaten by Groudon, Ferrothorn, Grass-ceus, Dialga, Mega-Mence, Mega-Khan, and the rare Zekrom or Palkia -- luckily both of whose usage has plummeted because of Groudon's reign of tyranny over the tier.

So I'm picking

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 Atk / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

(Shiny is only to get E-speed)
Scarf U-turn Genesect used to be incredibly strong, and hasn't lost its prowess, but the metagame evolving around it makes it less likely to take a slot on a team. With proper prediction, it hits incredibly strong, and is in my opinion one of the strongest leads in the game, taking common leads like Deo, Darkrai, or Blaziken and getting good damage before getting out of there. It also makes Groudon and lead-arceus much easier matchups, as the nice switch into something that can take a hit much easier -- namely Kyogre, who when coming in second puts extreme pressure on Groudon.
E speed outdoes Arceus, who now with prior damage tends to lose to Genesect now, while Iron Head beats a pre-set-up Xerneas, as well as threatening Fairy-ceus, and Kyurem-White. Ice Beam takes down Mence, Grass-ceus, Rayquaza, and damages Groudon if needed.
However, U-turn will be the most used move, gaining momentum, hitting with STAB and getting a favorable match-up.

Lugia is a problem for both mons, as is Giratina. Be wary of too many Ferrothorns, and if it becomes a serious problem, fit Blaze Kick on the set--preferably over Ice Beam.
A set of 72 HP / 248 Atk / 8 SpA / 184 Spe can also be used to take E Speed Arceus better, but Genesect is mostly used for its unbelievable speed, and the loss of it is a consideration.

not rip D:
While I'm sure many mons are good teammates for Pogre, I've thought of a quite unusual one.

Arceus @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Multitype
Shiny: No
EVs: 176 Spe / 248 Hp / 84 Def
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Recover
- Refresh/Earth Power/ (Will-O-Wisp?)

Not only does this wear down Pdon and hence enables Kyogre to be more efficient, it's also a great switch in to the Lati-Twins, that make Kyogre's life harder.
Aside from that, it also checks things like Yveltal, Salamence and Ray while being a solid win condition that might just finish the opposing team when everything is prepared.
Calm Mind to have a win condition, as i mentioned before, Judgment is STAB and recover is self explanatory. The last slot depends on your team.
Arceus-Ice is also good but isn't immun to Draco Meteor so yeah
Furthermore it's one of the best looking Arceus forms :3

Last edited:

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
Double not rip.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 184 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast

With so many teams using Groudon to check both Kyogre and Xerneas, utilizing them both together can result in Groudon being overloaded. If groudon checks geoxern after it has set up, +1 Ice beam kills it unless you're unlucky and miss, and the two share a number of checks that they can overwhelm together.

Basically, its arc-fairy, but better :}

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)