Programming Pokemon Online replay player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
http://pokemon.aesoft.org/uploads/TUS-Charizard92-vs-ktrain--2011-08-04.html

You're using an outdated replay format.

Ctrl+F for "Gyarados". It doesn't show up anywhere in the replay. The replay player has no way of knowing it's a Gyarados.
OOOH I see, it doesn't get the nickname. I guess there's not much to do about that, unless the new version always uses the pokemon's name in brackets beside the new name.

Edit: I noticed the problem arises in that the simulator doesn't say the pokemon's species when whirlwind/roar bring it out. If this isn't fixed in the new version (i'm battling on smogon server and they haven't updated yet) then you should talk to Coyote about making it put the species in brackets on whirlwind/roar as well. Probably the same for dragon tail and circle throw.

I know nicknames can work, cause my excadrill is nicknamed and it works just fine :)

hope I helped, i demand credit for it! lol jk, you've done great

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Edit: I noticed the problem arises in that the simulator doesn't say the pokemon's species when whirlwind/roar bring it out. If this isn't fixed in the new version (i'm battling on smogon server and they haven't updated yet) then you should talk to Coyote about making it put the species in brackets on whirlwind/roar as well. Probably the same for dragon tail and circle throw.
Pretty sure the new version has that information. Haven't tested it, though - I'll need someone to upload a new version replay with whirlwind/roar and link to it.

i love this<3 thank you so much!

i have a question tough. if i were to edit the html (i.e. change the name of the opponent in the log) would it still play? because i edited my log, and i got an error.

When you play back by using go to turn X, the hps become weird.
Also I don't think the replay viewer recognizes spikes damage.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
^ The trainer avatars are randomly generated. PO's log does not provide such information, so aeosoft's replayer naturally cannot determine what your avatar is.

EDIT:

WCup Finals - Philip7086 vs Earthworm

Healing Wish healed Phil's Rotom-W, but it still had the status poison. No poison damage, though.

I also agree with YAYtears; After I begin watching the match the HP of the monsters screw up when I:
A) re-play the match from the start
B) when I go to a turn that already happened

The site is down now. When you try the link of the general site or just a replay, this error will show up:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DEC in /home/aesoft/public_html/pokemon/replays.inc.php on line 52140

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
When you play back by using go to turn X, the hps become weird.
I also agree with YAYtears; After I begin watching the match the HP of the monsters screw up when I:
A) re-play the match from the start
B) when I go to a turn that already happened
I've been modding the replay script to work with [MESSAGE REDACTED]; figures it'd cause bugs with the viewer.

Fixed (I think).

Also I don't think the replay viewer recognizes spikes damage.
Could you be more specific?

WCup Finals - Philip7086 vs Earthworm

Healing Wish healed Phil's Rotom-W, but it still had the status poison. No poison damage, though.
Fixed.

The site won't open...it's down.
The site is down now. When you try the link of the general site or just a replay, this error will show up:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DEC in /home/aesoft/public_html/pokemon/replays.inc.php on line 52140
Ugh.

Temporarily fixed, but to permanently fix I'll need to rewrite the database code.

I don't have time for this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)