Entertainment Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs - The Societea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Governess

A Beautiful Blossom Waiting to Bloom
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Summary: My idea for a Smog article is to focus on the experiences and past of the Societea, a group of four members who wanted to gain immortality in the Oblivia region. They are all elderly folks and quirky in their own ways, so I felt that maybe an interview-like structure with the four of them would add some humor to the article.

Concept: The concept is built around the storyline of Pokemon Rangers: Guardian Signs, so I would talk about how the group came to be, their goals throughout the plot with the Pokemon Pinchers, the treasure they seeked for immortality (Golden Armor), the Sky Forretress they battled on, the battle / Pokemon they used against the hero, and what would happen in the future. It would happen much like an interview, with me talking to each of the four members about different aspects of their story. Before the interview, I'm also thinking of just giving a brief summary of each character.

Last edited:

Governess

is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hihi, is this still being looked at? I understand how busy the Smog crew is, but I'm hoping I could get some feedback on it. Whether turned out to be accepted or rejected, I would at the very least like to know. Thanks. :)

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Good of you to bump this! Sometimes threads grow older without us noticing.

PMD is way out of my field though, so I'll try to check with the rest of the staff and see if they ahve any insight on this matter. We did, however, have an 'interview' with N in an earlier issue, so this should be right up the same alley. Sorry for taking so long!

Governess

It's alright, but it isn't Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (PMD), it's Pokemon Rangers. Sorry for the confusion there ^^;

I only played the first Pokemon Rangers, but from what I know about Guardian Signs, the Societea seem pretty fun (Kasa in particular looks like a hoot~)

This could be solid if done right. Are you planning on individual interviews or a group thing? Either way I could see this working, just curious :3

Also, do you have other sources (manga, anime, etc.) on the characters? Not too sure if that even exists, again just curious~ Either way, I can dig it ^.^

Governess

Anime, no resources. Manga, I believe there are not from when I last checked, but I'll double check. The info from the game pretty much sums up their character, though.

Personally, I'm leaning towards individual since it allows us to really delve into the character of question. Of course, it would be brief, but it could really capture the essence of that person rather than just having a group. A group is ok, but I wouldn't be sure where to direct the questions to, and it would be wasteful to keep directing to one person everytime I ask a question. So individual, if that's ok.

Sounds good to me. A group thing would be much trickier to pull off (basically playwriting at that point). The characters are snazzy enough to roll with this, so I'm down ^.^

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Well.. I was a little hesitant about this because of the narrative nature of it but given the precedent with N and the support from Jellicent, let's roll with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)