Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

New trailer, nice. Though I didn't really need it as I was hyped enough already. Anyway, some quick thoughts on various things:
- Being able to actually play as a Pokémon, that was not something I expected. Pretty cool. Will definitely give it a try.
- Permanent flight with Koraidon/Miraidon, wonderful! That was something I missed in the base game, this will make exploration a lot easier since you can fly for as long as you want.
- Being able to catch legendaries from previous generations was something I sort of expected to make a return. I hope they will be caught either through regular battles, or some sort of new way that relies on skill and not luck (Dynamax Adventures was way too luck-based for my tastes). I wonder if all legendaries will be featured? There are several which weren't shown in the trailer, like the Kalos legends, the Regis, Calyrex and more.
- Nice to see characters from the main game appear and interact with each other.
- And it seems like we'll be able to go even deeper into Area Zero, the name for the DLC is finally starting to make sense.
- I was not expecting the new events. Darkrai, shiny Lucario and a Master Ball. This time, I'm mostly happy about the Darkrai since I never got one in L:A (because I don't have BD/SP), but now I can finally get one!

Overall, I'm super hyped for the Indigo Disk! Currently training my new team so that I can start playing on the release date.

The synchro machine sounds neat, and is something that hadn't been leaked or hinted at through datamines (other than a name), but

Official site said:
While synchronized with one of your Pokémon, you’ll be able to move them around and have them battle wild Pokémon—a fresh new way to play the game. It appears that this device is still a prototype.
This totally means we're only going to be able to use it for 11 Pokemon, doesn't it.

Overall, nice trailer, good to see the legendaries finally confirmed. Normally I would have been looking forward to new mon reveals, but since we're so close and between leaks and datamines of Teal Mask we know how many to expect, it's fine they didn't show any of them.

- Being able to catch legendaries from previous generations was something I sort of expected to make a return. I hope they will be caught either through regular battles, or some sort of new way that relies on skill and not luck (Dynamax Adventures was way too luck-based for my tastes).
The promotional blurb for the upcoming Master Ball event says that it’s to “celebrate the appearance of Legendary Pokémon” in Part 2 and suggests using it to help catch one of them, so I figure they’re probably are just regular battles, not even guaranteed catches.

The way the descriptions on the site make it sound, the process is basically: Grind BBQs for points > talk to Snacksworth and get the corresponding Legendary snack > go find where the Legendary is located in Paldea > battle and catch.

Actually, on the subject of this and the SV soundtrack, I wonder if the Legendaries will have proper remixes of their themes this time, since they’re being encountered separately in the overworld instead of through a unified system like Dynamax Adventures or Ramanas Park. I mean they could always just recycle the old themes from previous games, but I think it’d be nice to hear new takes on some of those themes.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Something I find quite interesting is this new promo art

1701976344323.png

It implies that Kieran and Carmine will also be involved with the Terapagos part of the plotlinr, alongside Briar. Why do I bring this up? Well, it kind of shines a new light on their aces.

Dipplin's ability and signature move drops opponents' stats. Sinistcha's ability restores ally's HP whenever it enters battle as well as having plenty of support moves. I am fairly certain that what they're going for here is that Terapagos will be fought in a Tera Raid Battle, with your allies being Kieran, Carmine and Briar. This also makes me wonder what kind of Pokémon Briar has.

I wonder if there'll be exclusive items or Pokemon you can only find through synchronizing.

As it is, it's a feature that just kind of...exists?
Seems like it'd be pretty limited otherwise.

Actually, on the subject of this and the SV soundtrack, I wonder if the Legendaries will have proper remixes of their themes this time, since they’re being encountered separately in the overworld instead of through a unified system like Dynamax Adventures or Ramanas Park. I mean they could always just recycle the old themes from previous games, but I think it’d be nice to hear new takes on some of those themes.
I think we'll just get a new "Legendary" battle theme. Maybe 2, like Ramanas Park had for the sub & proper legends.
They might be overworld encounters, but only when you go through the snack system.

Something I find quite interesting is this new promo art

View attachment 577412

It implies that Kieran and Carmine will also be involved with the Terapagos part of the plotlinr, alongside Briar. Why do I bring this up? Well, it kind of shines a new light on their aces.

Dipplin's ability and signature move drops opponents' stats. Sinistcha's ability restores ally's HP whenever it enters battle as well as having plenty of support moves. I am fairly certain that what they're going for here is that Terapagos will be fought in a Tera Raid Battle, with your allies being Kieran, Carmine and Briar. This also makes me wonder what kind of Pokémon Briar has.
I mean my read of this artwork is not "we are teaming up together to fight Terapagos" when Kieren's got a look of disgust, Briar is a little unhinged and Carmine's not happy about any of this.

And that's a nerror on Serebii's part

A new distribution has been announced. In South Korea, as part of the Pokémon Winter Festa event on December 30th and December 31st you can receive a serial code to get a Baxcalibur. This Baxcalibur is Level 54, comes in a Cherish Ball with the Classic Ribbon and has the moves Glaive Rush, Scale Shot, Icicle Spear and Ice Shard with the ability Thermal Exchange
Which is funny since it has the right move list right here in the news post

But whatever, here's the image from the Korean website itself

Top to bottom:
Glaive Rush
Scale Shot
Icicle Spear
Ice Shard

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
In order to encounter these Legendary Pokémon, first talk to Snacksworth at Blueberry Academy. If you’ve met certain conditions, you’ll be able to get snacks from Snacksworth that let you encounter specific Legendary Pokémon back in the Paldea region. Snacksworth will share his extensive knowledge of these Legendary Pokémon with you, as well as tales of his heroic encounters with them.
"Canonical most powerful Pokemon character" debates absolutely DEMOLISHED. Who the fuck are Red and Leon anyway. Brandon was a near-total failure who wasted his life compared to SNACKSWORTH-SAMA

The synchro machine sounds neat, and is something that hadn't been leaked or hinted at through datamines (other than a name), but

This totally means we're only going to be able to use it for 11 Pokemon, doesn't it.

Overall, nice trailer, good to see the legendaries finally confirmed. Normally I would have been looking forward to new mon reveals, but since we're so close and between leaks and datamines of Teal Mask we know how many to expect, it's fine they didn't show any of them.
Well I'll be, according to Japanese previews synchro can be used with any Pokemon. That's neat. I was definitely setting my expectations to amity square as a precursor to following mons.

Serebii said:
The Synchro Machine can be used with any Pokémon in the game, including flying Pokémon to the point that if you go off a ledge as a flying Pokémon, the Pokémon will remain in flight and not fall down.

Where did you get that information from?
Famitsu/Serebii
Following the news drop yesterday, some more Japanese previews by outlets including Famitsu and DenFamiNicoGamer have been released for The Indigo Disk which contain a variety of clarifications for features
With Blueberry Points earned through Blueberry Quests you can get support for a variety of elements in the League Club. One such example is using 3,000 BP to increase the amount of Pokémon that appear in specific areas of the Terarium
You will be able to invite 23 people to the League Club and it will cost BP to do it
The Synchro Machine can be used with any Pokémon in the game, including flying Pokémon to the point that if you go off a ledge as a flying Pokémon, the Pokémon will remain in flight and not fall down.
Legendary Pokémon such as Rayquaza appear at Level 70 and the music matches their appearance in prior games, such as Rayquaza having the theme Battle! Super Ancient Pokémon

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
The existence of Blueberry Academy is further confirmation of what Legends Arceus already proved to me: Game Freak allowing themselves to revisit old regions in ways other than simple remakes has pried open a whole new dimension of game design and worldbuilding possibilities for this series. Basing an entire fragment of a game around taking a study abroad session to see what another region has built, how its roster of battlers has evolved and how their fates intertwine with the new region is the kind of idea we haven't seen since Johto that makes the Pokemon world a richer, more interconnected and fleshed-out setting and I really hope we get more stuff like this in the future. Give me an entire questline in Gen 10 about a new archeologist character unearthing a lost Draconid/Celestica People settlement that tosses the consensus on their history on its head overnight, or make the region itself the one Kalos fought in either of its wars with the scars of that conflict permeating its landscape and architecture in the present. You may call it memberberrying, but I'll be happy to call it soul.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
An interesting little theory I've been thinking about:

- We know that Drayton uses Archaludon, which has a Rain-Boosted move

1702078953870.png

- Crispin was seen using Magmortar, whose moves are powered by Sun, and Exeggutor, who has 2 Sun-Based Abilities

1702079089345.png

So with those 2 in mind... Could this be a Weather-based Elite 4?

While we don't know Amarys' and Lacey's types, its safe to assume the former uses Steel-Types based on her design, so she could be using Sand. That leaves Snow for Lacey, and the latest trailer has shown Alolan Ninetales in the Terarium, which is a mon I could see her using

we really are back in unova...

Famitsu/Serebii
The linked articles here have some pretty interesting screenshots (though both share the same screenshot pool) and insight on the gameplay of DLC2.

https://www.famitsu.com/news/202312/08326662.html
Pressing the L stick during flight allows you to increase altitude.

They commented that trainers use strategies and items seen in ranked battles like Focus Sash and Rocky Helmet.

The Synchro Machine seems to be an item of itself. There's an option to press Y to attack here with a 0/3 counter that's probably for a mission about defeating Pokemon, which apparently plays out like auto battles. This article compared the ability to move Pokemon to Unite and Pokken Tournament and mentions it applies to all Pokemon, but also wondering about how water Pokemon, Diglett, and Slaking work.
1702086598736.png
1702086638800.png

We also get to see some menus involving BP and donating to other clubs. The top options seem to be for the art club themes and redecoration, while the rest seem to be related to adding new Pokemon to each area as Serebii mentions. The article mentions seeing 8 different throwing styles compared to the 6 seen in the English screenshot, with the last being "Galar Star" as a reference to who you can probably guess.
1702086720317.png

1702086821435.png

We get some more examples of the BBQs compared to the English site, involving 10 auto battles, catching 1 Pokemon, and the same swimming picture mission. Apparently you can change your ball throwing style for 10 BP. Special missions appear after clearing a certain number of missions, and there are also union circle exclusive missions. The Japanese yellow mission is to find 5 Ditto Blocks.
1702086977198.png
1702086991986.png

1702087034699.png

They got to see Snacksworth (who is postgame) and got to find Rayquaza using the flying mechanic to get on a cliff. It was level 70.
1702087189198.png
1702087271948.png

Similarly to Serebii's preview, it was noted that you can pick up a greater number of tera shards in the overworld, seeing a drop of 14.
https://news.denfaminicogamer.jp/kikakuthetower/231208p?s=09
The TPC trial party was given Skeledirge, Archaludon, Hitmontop, Flygon, Scrafty, and Talonflame. They concluded it was a doubles-focused team with Talonflame having Tailwind and Heat Wave. They fought a trainer holding Life Orb and another trainer blocked his Electro Beam with Protect on Mandibuzz. The sample screenshots seem to show a Meowscarada instead with Flower Trick/Knock Off/Grassy Terrain/Leaf Storm.

1702087512899.png
1702087518966.png

The author lost to Amarys and described her calculated tactics in a vague way, talking about complementary types, the role of the leads and last Pokemon, special effects, held items, moves, and terastal usage. They specifically were reminded of BDSP's E4 and Cynthia in terms of strength. Apparently the biggest reason why they lost is because tera Scrafty missed a High Jump Kick in a crucial moment.

This article mentions BP is used for the E4 challenges (as seen in Serebii's preview video for 50 BP), but can also be used to take other challenges. I noted the English website also mentions BP can be used at the school store and cafeteria which we haven't seen any direct word of.
1702088849552.png

They mention that inviting the coaches to the league club is unlocked after clearing Indigo Disk, so it seems like these rematches are made to be post-postgame.

On the topic of the synchro machine, this article mentions you can do it anywhere in the terarium. The author comments that Hitmontop is bigger than they thought and how Flygon and Talonflame fly in the air. They compare the experience to PokePark Wii instead.

This article is also the one that mentions Rayquaza's music and also getting a hint about a rock wall with clouds visible.

The last comments mention being impressed how the battles weren't easy, thinking about how using Level 100s may not work, and they regret they never met Lacey in the preview.

I also ended up looking for some other preview articles afterwards, but since they all had to cover the same preview I will just note if they mention anything unique.

https://automaton-media.com/articles/impressionjp/20231208-275335/
Automaton media notes:
They mention you can unlock new photo frames for taking photos using BP. They also comment on some club redecorations that look like the anime with whiteboards or an evil organization.

https://news.mynavi.jp/article/20231208-2824139/
Mynavi notes:
After I brought it up, this article actually mentions the shops and cafeteria that you use BP for. Apparently the shops sell TMs and the cafeteria has all types of meal powers.
1702089440177.png
1702089451203.png

The author here says they caught Rayquaza immediately with a Master Ball.

They compare the synchro machine mechanic to a manual version of Let's Go where you even automatically attack when approaching, and mention it is pretty slow. Stopping synchronization also returns you back to where your player character is.
1702089609699.png

https://ascii.jp/elem/000/004/171/4171773/2/
ASCII notes:
This doesn't show that much but it's the first article I found that actually shows the intro screenshot to this trainer battle.
1702089763911.png

https://www.4gamer.net/games/619/G061991/20231130033/
4gamer notes:
They mention that they had 6 level 90 Pokemon but still almost lost to Amarys, who was noted to use Stealth Rock.

https://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/kikaku/1551142.html
Game Watch notes:

They note that wild Pokemon are around level 60-70 and trainers are higher. Apparently Kieran wasn't mentioned at all in the story they played but the E4 seemed to care about him. This article also mentions you can pick up items as a Pokemon, which is to be expected with how similar it is to Let's Go.

There is a non-negligible chance that Katy's Spidops will be higher level than any appearance of Cynthia's Garchomp
It'll definitely be interesting if this game gives us Pokemon that reach the 90s

I think that BDSP Post-Stark Mountain Cynthia's Garchomp and HGSS Red's Pikachu are the currently highest leveled Trainer Pokemon the games have thrown at us (88) (excluding special exceptions like the NPC Trade battles & Battle Facilities, obviously)

An interesting little theory I've been thinking about:

- We know that Drayton uses Archaludon, which has a Rain-Boosted move

View attachment 577759

- Crispin was seen using Magmortar, whose moves are powered by Sun, and Exeggutor, who has 2 Sun-Based Abilities

View attachment 577760

So with those 2 in mind... Could this be a Weather-based Elite 4?

While we don't know Amarys' and Lacey's types, its safe to assume the former uses Steel-Types based on her design, so she could be using Sand. That leaves Snow for Lacey, and the latest trailer has shown Alolan Ninetales in the Terarium, which is a mon I could see her using

we really are back in unova...
Reading this coupled with this snippet doipy hooves posted;

“The author lost to Amarys and described her calculated tactics in a vague way, talking about complementary types, the role of the leads and last Pokemon”

I do think it could be a Sand / Steel strategy she uses. Initially I thought Sand + Sand Rush Houndstone for Last Respect sweep but the player mentions using HJK Scrafty, which makes no sense unless Houndstone has a Tera type that isn’t Ghost. (Maybe Dark to mitigate Ghost weaknesses?)

or it could also be Kingambit using Supreme Overlord. Not exactly amazing synergy with Sand but Steel doesn’t take chip damage. And I think Steel will be her primary type.

I still kinda think she’ll run a team a similar to Colress and utilise Trick Room but Sand is the other option too.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Apologies for the double post but I can't stop thinking about the Synchro Machine. I mean yeah, sure, it's clearly heavily built off auto battles and I doubt it'll be super mechanically complex so it probably wasn't THAT hard to implement, but even with that considered "You can physically play as literally any Pokemon in the game" is still an utterly insane thing to drop at the 11th hour of promotion as a non-sequitur side activity in a DLC pack.

I don't like to be the "every little thing is a teaser for the next step in Game Freak's master plan" guy but this has to be a trial run for something in a future game surely? It's like Amity Square but with roughly 30x the options and on an actual map

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)