Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

You know, come to think of it, Armarouge is kind of like Zen Mode Darmanitan without the crappy conditions you need.
View attachment 452161
I’ve always wondered how good Zen Mode Darmanitan would be if you could use it at full HP.
That's what I was thinking. I too always wondered how good Zen Mode Darminitan would be used at full HP since its stat spread in a vacuum is actually insane. Its defenses and special attack are all really high and all its attacks like Psychic and Flamethrower would have also gotten a boost from Sheer Force making it even stronger, but alas.

Based on the information from the website, it seems like Armarouge will be going the same route as Darmanitan-Zen stat spread wise, with solid defenses, and special attack. I think this is pretty cool and could be a great way to differentiate it from Delphox. That being said, unless its BST is really optimized, it'll probably still be less bulky than Victini since most standard Pokemon normally aren't able to reach that 100/100/100 bulk level . I also do not like how its signature move has the same Defense lowering property that V-Create has.

As for Terastallisation, a leak that got me excited is that Gym Leaders terastilize a non-matching Pokemon into their chosen type, which I can foresee leading to debates within these forums about the importance of each Pokemon chosen for the battle.
I called it before, but I'm still wondering if only Gym Leaders have type swapped Pokemon while other major battles have super STAB Terastals. At least Grass Sudowoodo probably has Rock Throw to cover its weaknesses.

Based on the information from the website, it seems like Armarouge will be going the same route as Darmanitan-Zen stat spread wise, with solid defenses, and special attack. I think this is pretty cool and could be a great way to differentiate it from Delphox. That being said, unless its BST is really optimized, it'll probably still be less bulky than Victini since most standard Pokemon normally aren't able to reach that 100/100/100 bulk level . I also do not like how its signature move has the same Defense lowering property that V-Create has.
I think that its signature move is just the defensive drops. I also expect it to be more well rounded like 80/90/115/125/90/80 stats or something.
Also, with Max investment, Darm’s HP stat is 414, which is 207 HP.
For perspective, Base 2 HP (not a typo) has 208 HP with max investment, while Base 33 with no investment has 207 HP.
So basically, Zen-Mode even with Max HP is effectively smaller than Base 2 HP.
And that kids is why Dynamax is such a broken mechanic.

Giving my own two cents on this but you do realize that people not wanting to go into the game blind does not necessarily equal that they want to know everything about the game, right? You try to argue that people following official news don't care about spoilers, but what all is revealed is significantly less content than the stuff that gets leaked given leaks usually cover almost the whole dex. There is no need to treat "person who wants to know absolutely nothing" and "person who wants to know everything possible" as the only existing options as if there is no middle ground. I've personally been in touch with the leaks and one of my main takeaways from it is that people who are going in blind are going to have a blast with some of the ideas they are pulling off just out of how unexpected some stuff is. Trailers handpick information so that there is still surprises left to be had in the game aa opposed to leaks giving you direct info about everything.

The point about "no one else can have nice things" is weird to me because discussing leaks also ruins the fun for people who want to go into the game without knowing leaks. By all means discussing leaks here would also result in some people not having nice things, so this point is completely irrelevant. Also i'm sorry but I genuinely cannot take a "back in my day / these darn kids" argument seriously in this context lol, tech has grown a lot in the past decade so obviously not only there are more things getting leaked but they also more easily spread. And in any case its not like talk like this never happens on Smogon, its just usually reserved for when the game is actually being datamined because its easier to comment on mons when you know for sure their stats/moves/abilitites than when you only know their name (and for most of the leaked mons, not even that, just vague descriptions of their designs)

I honestly feel like the best way out would to be having a specific thread for leaks and keep talk about it there, but I ain't this subforums mod so I can't comment on how efficient or useful that would even be. I just personally think its nicer to give people who want to avoid leaks a place where they can discuss the game safely given leak talk is absolutely everywhere and if people want to discuss leaks they can pretty much find other places to do so very easily
It would be really nice to have a seperate thread for leaks. There's a lot of competitive stuff I'd like to discuss/read/speculate here that has been leaked by Khu/Kaka.

I also expect it to be more well rounded like 80/90/115/125/90/80 stats or something.
Err definitely not stats like that. Few non legendary Pokemon (which this is, a non legendary) even break 550. I imagine it'll be closer to 520 bst while still maintaining fairly optimized stats.

On another note, with several pokemon that were not in swsh at all having been revealed for SV, I wonder if we'll just get all the ones who weren't in swsh as part of SV.

Err definitely not stats like that. Few non legendary Pokemon (which this is, a non legendary) even break 550. I imagine it'll be closer to 520 bst while still maintaining fairly optimized stats.
  • Slaking, School form Wishiwashi, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence, Metagross, Garchomp, Hydreigon, Goodra, Hisuian Goodra, Kommo-o, Dragapult, Archeops, Arcanine, Hisuian Arcanine, Florges, Volcarona, Ursaluna, and, if your counting it Ash Greninja, all break match or break 550
  • Togekiss is 545.
  • Gyarados, Snorlax, Kingdra, Blissey, Milotic, Electivire, Magmortar, Zen Darmanitan, Galarian Zen Darmanitan, and Haxorus are 540.
  • Lapras, Crobat, Swampert, Magnezone, Rhyperior, Tangrowth, Porygon-Z, Vanilluxe, and Noivern are 535.
  • Charizard, Typhlosion, Hisuian Typhlosion, Infernape, Delphox, and Type: Null are 534.
  • Gogoat is 531.
  • Blastoise, Exeggutor, Alolan Exeggutor, Feraligatr, Sceptile, Blaziken, Aggron, Walrein, Empoleon, Mamoswine, Chesnaught, Greninja, Decidueye, Hisuian Decidueye, Incineroar, Primarina, Golisopod, Rillaboom, Cinderace, Intelleon, and both Basculegions are 530.
  • Serperior, Emboar, Samurott, and Hisuian Samurott are 528.
  • Venusaur, Cloyster, Vaporeon, Flareon, Jolteon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon, Sylveon, Meganium, Torterra, Lucario, Hippowdon, Probopass, Dusknoir, Centiskorch, and Wyrdeer are 525.
  • Luxray is 523.
  • Tyrantrum and Aurorus are 521.
There are 18/19 non-Legendary, non-Mega Pokémon with BSTs at or above 550.
There are 92/93 non-Legendary, non-Mega Pokémon with BSTs above 520, 84/85 if you don't count different forms separately.
Its not as rare as you think it is.

• Slaking, School form Wishiwashi, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence, Metagross, Garchomp, Hydreigon, Goodra, Hisuian Goodra, Kommo-o, Dragapult, Archeops, Arcanine, Hisuian Arcanine, Florges, Volcarona, Ursaluna, and, if your counting it Ash Greninja, all break match or break 550
  • Togekiss is 545.
  • Gyarados, Snorlax, Kingdra, Blissey, Milotic, Electivire, Magmortar, Zen Darmanitan, Galarian Zen Darmanitan, and Haxorus are 540.
  • Lapras, Crobat, Swampert, Magnezone, Rhyperior, Tangrowth, Porygon-Z, Vanilluxe, and Noivern are 535.
  • Charizard, Typhlosion, Hisuian Typhlosion, Infernape, Delphox, and Type: Null are 534.
  • Gogoat is 531.
  • Blastoise, Exeggutor, Alolan Exeggutor, Feraligatr, Sceptile, Blaziken, Aggron, Walrein, Empoleon, Mamoswine, Chesnaught, Greninja, Decidueye, Hisuian Decidueye, Incineroar, Primarina, Golisopod, Rillaboom, Cinderace, Intelleon, and both Basculegions are 530.
  • Serperior, Emboar, Samurott, and Hisuian Samurott are 528.
  • Venusaur, Cloyster, Vaporeon, Flareon, Jolteon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon, Sylveon, Meganium, Torterra, Lucario, Hippowdon, Probopass, Dusknoir, Centiskorch, and Wyrdeer are 525.
  • Luxray is 523.
There are 18/19 non-Legendary, non-Mega Pokémon with BSTs at or above 550.
There are 92/93 non-Legendary, non-Mega Pokémon with BSTs above 520, 84/85 if you don't count different forms separately.
Its not as rare as you think it is.
The ones that match or break 550 are considered pseudo-legendary anyway, and there are usually only 1 or 2 of them in each gen. Slaking, Wishiwashi, Archeops etc. on the other hand have higher stat totals to compensate for their gimmicky abilities.
Starter pokemon final evolutions have always had ~520 stats since gen 2 and most of the retroactively added final stages usually reach that number as well.

I think the new fire/ghost and fire/psychic pokemon likely evolve from a pure fire type depending on the game version (like Applin) or they are both single stage, which makes it really unlikely for them to reach higher than 500 BST. Of course they could be exceptional like Volcarona, Gogoat and Centiscorch I guess.

Just wanna point out that Zen-mode Darmanitan wouldn't have Sheer Force to begin with.
That'd kinda be the question... if Zen-mode was its own form with Sheer Force instead of requiring an ability + being at 50% hp.

Funnily we already know that Zen G-darm would have been hilariously busted from BH (I mean, its base form already was...).. faster, stronger, with a even more nuclear 2nd stab, sure 50% from stealth rock but who cares when you're dracovish on steroids :psysly:

The ones that match or break 550 are considered pseudo-legendary anyway, and there are usually only 1 or 2 of them in each gen. Slaking, Wishiwashi, Archeops etc. on the other hand have higher stat totals to compensate for their gimmicky abilities.
Arcanine, Volcarona, Florges, and Ursaluna aren't pseudos.

• Arcanine, Hisuian Arcanine, Florges, Volcarona, Ursaluna 550
  • Togekiss is 545.
  • Gyarados, Snorlax, Kingdra, Blissey, Milotic, Electivire, Magmortar, Haxorus are 540.
  • Lapras, Crobat, Magnezone, Rhyperior, Tangrowth, Porygon-Z, Vanilluxe, and Noivern are 535.
  • Gogoat is 531.
  • Exeggutor, Alolan Exeggutor, Aggron, Walrein, Mamoswine, and both Basculegions are 530.
  • Cloyster, Lucario, Hippowdon, Probopass, Dusknoir, Centiskorch, and Wyrdeer are 525.
  • Luxray is 523.
Removed all pseudos, starters, eeveelutions and gimmick (form or ability wise) mons that usually are the gen's exception on bst due to tradition or to compensate/empower their gimmick.

From what we have left: A lot of these are honorary pseudos (lore relating to legendary status/mini bosses) or third stage of cross evos (so from mons which were designed to not evolve again). Or they're blissey

Reading the leaks with the Klawf theme song going is very fun. I do think Armarouge and Ceruledge look super cool but I feel like their designs tread old ground similar to Bisharp and Gallade.

On a side note, imagine how cool Ceruledge would look as a knight on motocycle Miraidon with their matching color schemes (someone better at photoshop than me should do this)

Let's see...

Klawf and Anger Shell: A mini shell smash ability in a pokemon that probably also has shell smash. Cool! I wonder also if it is the final form. Probably is, remembering how Dreadnow was presented.

Ceruledge and Bitter Blade: A fire/ghost with physical fire draining move? Cool again! And i can see it learning swords dance since it uses... Swords lol. The website text suggest it is also fast.

Armarouge and Armor Cannon: The special fire/psychic with a special fire-type close combat. Also cool! However, the website text suggests it is deffensive.

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
Klawf and Anger Shell: A mini shell smash ability in a pokemon that probably also has shell smash. Cool! I wonder also if it is the final form. Probably is, remembering how Dreadnow was presented.
I kinda doubt Klawf will get Shell Smash. It’s mostly limited to Pokemon with big external shells, not those with shells as carapaces.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)